Start by marking “The Sail Weaver” as Want to Read:
The Sail Weaver

The Sail Weaver

From the pen of Muffy Morrigan, author of the Custodes Noctis Series, comes a new adventure of a futuristic world of space exploration, rediscovered magic and a new age of tall ships with all the action and drama that is the stuff of legends and heroes. Tristan is the most talented Weaver the Guild has produced. Since he was a child and started his training to become a Wea ...more
Published March 28th 2012 by Three Ravens

To ask other readers questions about The Sail Weaver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sail Weaver

Susbogblog
Dec 03, 2016 Susbogblog rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Det bedste jeg har læst meget længe! SÅ fantastisk, så spændende, mega awesome worldbuilding, drager, magi, det var SÅ GODT!
Marlene Bentsen
Sci fi og fantasy i et mix jeg ikke havde troet muligt, men det fungerer overraskende godt! Den amerikanske forfatter Muffy Morrigan har gjort sig lidt af en bedrift med denne eventyrlige sci fi roman.
Jeg blev fanget fra første side og jeg kunne især godt lide venskabet mellem Tristan og dragen Fenfyr. Det mindede mig lidt om Eragon og Saphira.

Jeg er altid lidt bekymret for, om jeg forstår det hele når jeg læser sci fi. Jeg synes det er meget anderledes at læse end fantasy, men det er nok bare e
Iben
Virkelig flot og dragende (høhø) bog
Christine Rose
Jan 02, 2013 Christine Rose rated it it was amazing
The Sail Weaver is a delightful, magical journey through space with talking dragons and assassination plots. Tristan, the protagonist and head of The Sail Weaver Guild, takes his first cruise out into space to see his sails at work. Woven with magic, these enormous sails enable ships to sail through the winds of space. People called Air Weavers will weave an atmosphere in case of emergency sail failure.

The Guild and Dragon Corps are closely linked and highly support each other, while the Navy is
Keith Weller
Apr 28, 2012 Keith Weller rated it it was amazing
When you first feel that pull of the sails in your hand your thrust into more than just the war or the ship you will see things that we are not meant to see. There is more than whispers and ghosts aboard this ship! Feel the tension on the deck as the Vermin approach the whisper of the cannons being trained on their enemies and feel the heat as the cannon muzzle flashes. Let the guns of war blaze. Hoist the sails! Ready the guns and most of all hold onto your blade, for in space there is more dan ...more
Gabriella Saaby
Jan 02, 2017 Gabriella Saaby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jeg startede egentlig med at have svært ved at komme igang med denne bog.
Ikke fordi den er dårlig og jeg vil bestemt læse den igen, men fordi den starter sløvt.

Men jeg ville ønske at der kom en 2'er.
For jeg har så mange spørgsmål. Hvor kom venskabet fra? Hvad sker der for Tristans magi? Forelsker han sig igen? Er Barrlet og Rigan bøsser og i et forhold?!?!

I need answers!
Jette Greibe
Feb 12, 2017 Jette Greibe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
De sidste 50 sider fik mig til at sidde på kanten af stolen!
Forrygende action:)
Steen Nielsen
Gode ideer og kan rigtigt godt lide det univers der skitseres, desværre er der bare noget der mangler for at det var den helt store oplevelse :(

Det er svært for mig at sætte fingeren på lige præcis hvad der gør det, men en af elementerne er den helt utrolige mangel på konfrontation med situationen på Winged Victory, de ved at der er noget galt og alligevel gør de reelt intet ved det, før det er for sent

En anden ting er brugen af dragerne til sejlads, der mangler simpelthen en mere plausibel fo
Nanna
Feb 19, 2017 Nanna added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF efter 125 sider. Spændende præmis, men ikke en bog for mig. Alt for lidt karakterarbejde.
Hong
Jul 15, 2013 Hong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, steampunk
I bought this book and had it signed by the author at a local convention during Labor Day weekend. This book caught my eye as I was wandering throughout the convention and thought long and hard about buying it. In the end, I had to get it because the plot caught my attention when I heard about it. I regretted not reading this book within the first weeks instead of a few months later.

What I found intriguing is the combination of sci-fi and fantasy and magic verses science, with a small bit of ste
O.M. Grey
Nov 18, 2012 O.M. Grey rated it it was amazing

Dawn
May 08, 2012 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread, favorites
This story was thoughtful, exciting, and very socially relevant. Two factions fighting the same enemy as well as each other is at the heart of "Sail Weaver" just as it is at the heart of our nation. Morrigan perfectly melds vastly differents genres, tall sailing ships designed for space guided by magic, in a way that feels natural. I was drawn in immediately and never let down as the characters are developed and plot unfolds. I absolutely LOVED Lokey Fenfyr and his relationship with Tristan. The ...more
Darcy Carver
Jan 26, 2013 Darcy Carver rated it it was amazing
Amazing! This book blends genre in a beautiful way, tumbling together science fiction, fantasy and tall ship/high seas adventure--with dragons. It is almost impossible to categorize this book. Muffy Morrigan manages to set up a massive universe with such effortless ease it draws the reader in immediately. Rather than relying on lengthy backstory, she dives straight in and explains the universe in the actions/dialogue of the characters. The style makes this book seem immediate and very real. It t ...more
Rob
Dec 13, 2012 Rob rated it it was amazing
Wow, you will be drawn, no pulled into the vortex of space, sail weavers, dragons, and the mystery of battle, sabotage, and be ready to not want to stop reading nor want the story to end. Well, you will want it to unfold as you anxiously hit the next page. DO IT! Enter the world of awesome crafting, master sail weaving, ships flying defending your realm, dragons in their pompous, protected importance and feel the experience. I will not tell you more, you will find your own way, and you will love ...more
Sharyn
Dec 05, 2012 Sharyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Wow, wow, wow. LOVED this book. I love Dragons so it was an easy book to want to start. The whole preface of the book is fantastic and nothing I have read before. The story was great and needed a lot of back filling so we could understand it, this was done very well.
Would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who likes a little sci-fi, with adventure, mystery and a good old fashion fight scene (HUGE ONE) thrown in.
Ann
Jul 14, 2013 Ann rated it it was amazing
The Sail Weaver ranks as one of the best fantasy books I've ever read.

The action starts within the first 10 pages of the book and never lets up. With magic, dragons, sail ships in outer space, pirates, monsters and betrayal from unexpected quarters it's a romp from the word go.

I highly recommend it.
Jamie
Jun 28, 2014 Jamie rated it liked it
A very unique concept and a gripping story, I couldn't put it down towards the end. The only downside was the enormous lack of description. The scenes and characters are never described, making everything extremely difficult to imagine. You are just expected to know exactly what a space fairing magical ship looks like. Would've been 5 star if there'd been any descriptive language at all.
Debi
May 09, 2016 Debi rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. Dragons, spaceships powered by magic sails, a hero worthy ofWill Laurence's Temeraire, pirates and really evil bad guys. I loved every minute of this book. Hooray for a great read.
Kimberly Newman
Nov 20, 2014 Kimberly Newman rated it really liked it
Shelves: secular-fantasy
This is a fun read that I did not want to put down and makes me want to read all of Muffy Morrigan's books. It is never boring and full of surprises and great characters. The tone is upbeat and the interactions between characters is realistic. Great entertainment!
William Gable
Jan 26, 2013 William Gable rated it it was amazing
This book is everything that science fiction used to be. A great action adventure that goes by at light speed. The characters are believable and the world unique. I love the idea of sailing through the stars. Literally.
Keefler Jones
Jan 12, 2016 Keefler Jones rated it it was amazing
I really liked the dramatic and possessing interesting
Carmen Vetter
Mar 15, 2013 Carmen Vetter rated it really liked it
Interesting concepts.
Margaret
Jan 11, 2013 Margaret rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! I want more like this. It sucks you in and holds you. Definitely recommend you read it.
Michael
May 16, 2013 Michael rated it did not like it
YA / Juvenile sci-fi. The conversations and thoughts of the characters seem stilted and lifeless. Only made it thorough the first few chapters.
Trooperx
Apr 13, 2013 Trooperx rated it it was amazing
This I one of the best books from the genre that I have ever read. It is very much worth the time and money spent.
Daniel Ace
Sep 29, 2014 Daniel Ace rated it really liked it
To combine elements of fantasy and sci-fi is such a tricky mix and so many writers get it wrong. Morrigan got it all right. Really hoping this is the first book in a series.
Louise
Louise rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2017
Amy Caddick
Amy Caddick rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2012
Christopher Daly
Christopher Daly rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2014
Thomas Maher
Apr 26, 2017 Thomas Maher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read

Space, Dragons, Adventure, Action, what more can you ask for? Very good book but some very sad stuff. Happy ending though. Waiting for book 2. This would be perfect book with more dragon to human comfort and being together. Also the red female dragon should be tristains mate and they should explor more space together while having some romance. You can tell her love and his for each other when she was with him. Also he can be best friends with Fen fyre. He shouldn't care what huma
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Kaiser Affair (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #1)
  • Quintessence
  • Inherited Magic
  • Bad Vibrations (The Sedona Trilogy, #1)
  • Wyvern
  • Amulet (DragonBlade #1)
  • The Wrecking Crew (Janac's Games, #2)
  • Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2012 Edition
  • Prophecy (Slave Empire, #1)
  • Seeking Something Wicked (Utopia X, #2)
  • The Tower of Endless Worlds (Tower of Endless Worlds, #1)
  • Stormcaller (Stormcaller Cycle, #1)
  • The Lost Shinmahs (Shinmahs, #1)
  • The Never
  • Genie's Wish (Lifting the Veil, #2)
  • Dragon Fire
  • The Riddler's Gift (Tales of the Lifesong, #1)
  • NorthWest (John Hazard, #2)
After myriad careers, including archaeological consultant, teacher, herbalist, shop keeper, news editor, reporter and columnist, Muffy Morrigan has settled in to her first love and passion—writing. She currently lives and works in the Pacific Northwest.

A popular speaker at science fiction conventions, she does panels ranging from writing to Victorian Medicine and everything in between. She was Aut
More about Muffy Morrigan...