Start by marking “Desperate Choices, A Protectors Novel” as Want to Read:
Desperate Choices, A Protectors Novel

Desperate Choices, A Protectors Novel (The Protectors #3)

4.64  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When an Immortal demon slayer saves Rachel Andrews from certain death, her life changes forever. An unbreakable bond with the handsome Protector, drags her into a world she never believed existed and has no desire to be part of.

The actions of one night drastically alter the course of his long existence. Torn between his feelings for Rachel and his life's calling, Roderick
Published April 14th 2012 by Crescent Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Desperate Choices, A Protectors Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperate Choices, A Protectors Novel

Avery Olive
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Desperate Choices is the perfect companion to The Protector Series by Hildie McQueen. This is a quick read that will having you falling in love even more with the characters and the world Hildie has created. I must agree with what others have said already, if you are already a Protector fan this is the perfect addition, a blend of backstory and digging us deeper into the world Ms. McQueen has created. But wait! If you haven’t read Desperate Betrayal, I think this is the perfect way to start off ...more
Tracie Runge
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great Start to a Series

Rachel Andrews had two thoughts cross her mind when she was attacked in her car, the first was her mother's warning never to pick up hitchhikers and the second demons really did exist. Certain she was about to die and fighting with all she had Rachel blacks out and comes to only to believe she must have died and is looking at the face of the Angel of Death.

Roderick Cronan is an immortal demon slayer a Protector to be exact he comes from Sparta and this is his predestined
Delphina
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Hildie!!! I so needed a Protector fix while I was waiting for your next novel to come out and this fit the bill, perfectly! This short read gave some the background story of Roderick and Rachel. It was great to see how they got to where they were when Desperate Betrayal began. If you are a Protectors fan already, you get more background into the world Hildie has created. If you are new to the protectors, this read gives you a great introduction to their world wit ...more
Lynn Rush
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read. Nice short story that shares some really interesting things in the protectors world.
Now. I read the first full novel, Desperate Betrayal and fell in love with CYN, so it was nice to see a peek at him in this little short story as well. But this one is about Roderick and Rachel. I just loved Roderick. Such a yummy hero!!!

Be sure to check this one out!!! Nicely done, Hildie McQueen
Wendy
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Rachel Andrews’ mother warned her not to pick up hitchhikers. Also, there are such things as demons. Both occur to Rachel as she’s pulled bodily between the front seats of her car into the back. Not strong enough to fend off the monster sucking on her jugular, Rachel regrets not having stopped into talk to her mother. But just as she’s losing consciousness, the demon becomes a puff of blue smoke. Hovering above Rachel was a man she believed to be the Angel of Death.

When Rachel wakes up once more
Michelle Leah Olson
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION’s Bewitching Bella- Charity Costa

I was asked to read book 2 of this series for LITERAL ADDICTION, but after finding out that there were other books in the Protector Series I had to get them all and read them in order, I'm a little OCD like that :)

Unlike some, I started with this one (book 0.5) and not Book 1. I'm glad I did, because I felt that it set up the Protector world perfectly. From the very 1st paragraph I was happily sucked into this world.

Desperate Choi
Charity Costa
I was asked to read book 2 of this series for someone, but after finding out that there were other books in the Protector Series I had to get them all and read them in order, I'm a little OCD like that :)

Desperate Choices was a quick, very smooth read that left me wide eyed, mouth gaping and r
Kurt Bennett
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Desparate Choices is a great story. Its isnt very long but the author has managed to stuff such a great story into such a small package. It is a subset of the Desparate Betrayal novel and further explains how the relationship between Roderick and Rachel began. Hildie's ability to capture the feelings going on between her characters is very good, and the intimate scenes are very well written. I also enjoyed the peek into history showing where Roderick came from. Another very well done story by Hi ...more
Jean Murray
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angels-demons
Excellent start to a great series.

I read Desperate Betrayal first, loved it and just had to read Desperate Choices. It kicks off the series with a fun, fast read. There is plenty of romance, turmoil and action to make this novella perfect. If you like BDB or MB, you'll enjoy the Protectors.

Jean
Andrea Smith
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast read. It is a Backdoor on character in the protector's story by Hildie. She does a great job with theses characters.
Andrea Smith
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Desperate Choices is a great short read. It is a book that has romance and life changing choices. It is paranormal.
Ciara Knight
Lillie Roberts
Lisa
Aug 04, 2014
Hildie McQueen
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Winnie
M.V. Freeman
Jul 30, 2012
Debi Sullivan
Sep 12, 2012
Bestselling author Hildie McQueen loves unusual situations and getting into interesting adventures, which is what her characters do as well. She writes romance because she is in love with love! Author of Romance in Highland historical, Western Historical and contemporary, she writes something every reader can enjoy.

Most days she can be found in her pajamas hiding from deliverymen while drinking te
More about Hildie McQueen...

The Protectors (3 books)