Start by marking “Sentinel (Covenant, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sentinel (Covenant, #5)

Sentinel

(Covenant #5)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  30,613 ratings  ·  3,038 reviews
It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as t
Published November 2nd 2013 by Spencer Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Sentinel, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Aggie Pearson
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,575 books — 11,047 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,505 books — 12,276 voters

More lists with this book...

·  30,613 ratings  ·  3,038 reviews

✩ Alexandra the Smutaholic ✩
And now we wait...

5++ badass stars

Now THAT, is how you end a book.
I have waited so, so long to finally read the last book in this series, and it surpassed my expectations like I never thought it could. I loved this book so much I can hardly put it into words.

description

Aiden and Alex were still the sweetest, most loving couple you can root for in this book which I really hoped would be the case. After what happened in the previous book you would think maybe Aiden would take a step back from Alex and l
Boyanna

While reading this book i come to this worthy notions about life:
- teen pregnancy is the bomb!
- man leather pants are having a comeback
- you are considered British if you end every sentence with the word LOVE
- sleeping with a boy in same bed always ends up in sex. Always (ergo)
- romance is dead
- if you don't PDA you are not considered "in love"
*(on the side note - the best place for PDA is an official war meeting)
- to be considered brilliant you just have to find a room full of morons.
- male g
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sentinel Review on K-Books

"And because I love you, I am willing to die to save you from that. Don't you dare take that decision away from me."

Oh My Holy Gods! There are seriously no words to explain just how incredible this book is.

Now before I go any further let me just give you this...

Have my JLA Feels box... because dude you are sooooo gonna need them!

Sentinel was without a doubt the most heartbreaking yet perfectly beautiful book I have ever read. No really. There are seriously no words. I
Booknut
'Blinking back tears, I looked away, working my throat until I was sure that, when I opened my mouth, it wasn't a sob. "I don't want to die."

"I know," Apollo said, and his voice was surprisingly gentle. "I will do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen. I haven't let you down yet have I?"(...)
"The gods should be fighting. You know that, Apollo. (...)This is their fight."

"This is everyone's fight," he corrected. "Because it is everyone's future."'

Holy daimon babies!

A Hades of
Stormy
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Omg! Alex, you totally kicked ass. Now kick fate's ass so you AND SETH can live.

I wonder what Seth will do in this book because his side...you know...to Alex. He is piiiisssedddd. You just cant mess with a guy's cuddle buddy, man. You may be a God, but he's the Apollyon, asshole.

-------------------------------------------
This is the last book of this series! Whaaaat?! I knew this day would come. I was begging for it because I just wanted to know what happened and now I'm sad about it. Like, be
Ferdy
Spoilers

A generous two stars instead of one, because I'm just so happy the series has finally come to an end. All I need now is the last Lux installment to come out and then I won't ever have to read another JLA book again. I don't actually have that much of an issue with JLA's writing, it's just that her characters and plots are way too predictable and cheesy for my liking.

-Yea, I'm not a fan of the Covenant series, I'm only reading it because 1. I like to complete any series I've started (even
Ray
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, greek-gods
Varsha
Post reading:
All my stars are for the engaging and witty writing, Seth and Apollo.

I really don't know how to review this book because I love this series and never thought I'd be disappointed with the final book.
So I'm procrastinating but I will write a proper review.....someday.

Pre reading:

“I wasn’t lying. I never wanted something like that to happen. Out of everything I have done and caused to happen... it’s the one thing I can never ask forgiveness for.”
----------

“Poor Persephone.” He stared
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo tumblr_n0a7j09qTZ1snlqo0o1_400_zps8201d8f3.gif

“Some people say when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you one seriously ticked off god gunning for your ass, you prepare for war and you hope for paradise.” -Alex (Alexandria) Andros

Sentinel is the fifth and final book in the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout. What can I say about coming to the end of this series? I loved every book, every page and every word. The love story between Alex and Aiden is epic and beautiful. This last book will make you laugh, c
Penny
The demons are gone from this book, they are just an afterthought, which makes the first book pointless.
Half-Blood has no correlation whatsoever with the rest of the series. Senseless, and I am still waiting on that copyright sue.

Half-Blood (Covenant #1) - 1 star
Pure (Covenant #2) - 1 star
Deity (Covenant #3) - 2 stars
Elixir (Covenant #3.5) - 3 stars
Apollyon (Covenant #4) - 1 star
Sentinel (Covenant #5) - 2 stars
Marie
You know when reading you have an image in your head of a character? Well Taylor Kitsch is the closest to my imaginary Seth.

He.....................

IS MINE.

(Whose your imaginary Seth? Comment and add your pics!)

All I wanted from this conclusion was to see Seth happy (and ok. with Alex)

And I don't think I have to tell you with my rating that that is NOT what I got.

I am pissed.

First off yeah, I had a nagging feeling that Seth wasn't going to get his girl. Alex is stupid.
But after everything Se
Jessica
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun series. While it definitely wasn't perfect it was highly entertaining and I would recommend it!
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
5++++++++++ stars

My heart skipped a whole beat, and then sped up in recognition. Ah, I knew that voice. My heart and my soul knew that voice.

There was a time not all that long ago when I was grappling around trying to find something awesome to read…and I was out of inspiration. I had previously read the Lux series by this very author and had fallen in love, so I thought I’d take a chance and jump-jump into a story I had no clue what the blurb was talking about and give Armentrout another opportu
Hillary
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Laz
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal lovers
This book is a major heartbreak and the ending is a never-ending plot twist.

So much action. So many things happening in this book. Fights. Battles. Gods. This was mind-blowing. The best conclusion to this series that we could ever get.

All I wanted was for Alex and Aiden to be together because this kind of love deserves to keep on thriving on and on until the end of time. I'm grateful to Seth as much as I do not like him, I know he loves Alex and he, technically, does something awe-inspiring fo
Lo Bookfrantic
4.5 Stars

I really loved this series! I was a bit disappointed on couple of things on this last book like the way it ended...

description

but I enjoyed the story overall and I know Seth was an ass but I still loved him on this book; I really was super forgiven even after his dick moves on the other books...(hides) lol

description

There were some mention of some m/m scene but we didn't get any details; I felt like I got cheated haha LMAO

description

So overall this was an excellent series about gods, and power, death and war. I fell in
Pilar ☽
1000000000 STARS!!!! (FULL REVIEW OF THE WHOLE SERIES)

Oh, my Gods and Holy Daimon Babies! This series, I have no words, JLA left me utterly amazed again!

description

I have so many feelings right now. I'm soooo, so extremely happy because of that perfect ending but sad at the same time because it's over.

I literally love
Summer
Mar 06, 2013 rated it did not like it

Why did I bother? After the shit-fest that was Apollyon, why did I continue with this series?

(Those are strictly rhetorical questions directed at myself. Truth be told, I don’t have the answer to them.)

The fifth and final book in the Covenant series cannot be considered a satisfying “conclusion”. It seemed more like a half-assed attempt, with only Alex and Aiden’s sex relationship given heed, and barely a fleeting glance given to anything else.

Why is this book so heavily reliant on roma
Nymeria
Apr 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
One more book?! I'm sooo axcited!!!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Five books filled with mythology and action; countless painful, almost heartbreaking moments; hundreds and hundreds of pages of deliciously hot romance… and now, we have finally reached the conclusion. The time has come to say goodbye to Alex, Aiden, Seth, Marcus and everyone else. Was this finale everything I’d hoped for? Well, no. But in the end, it made me feel peaceful and calm, happy with how we left the characters we’ve grown so attached to.

And make no mistake, my feelings for the charact
Tina
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

I'M BIASED. I'MBIASEDI'MBIASEDI'MBIASEDI'MBIASEDI'MBIASED. I'm a huge JLA fan and a huge fan of this series so is it really a surprise I consider this book 5 stars worthy? I'll keep it short since I personally find it difficult to write long reviews for a book that's later in the series, so let me put it simply:

If you're been a huge fan since book 1: you'll LOVE this final book (if not at least like it).
If you're been on the fence or haven't been a huge fan: this book probably won't do m
Ben Alderson
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
i tried and just could not read this book :(
Lucia
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, ya
My Alex and Aiden:

I was sad, yet excited to start this final instalment. Once again, Jennifer L. Aremntrout managed to write exciting and thrilling story, full of Greek myths coming alive in our contemporary world. This may not be my favourite part of series, but I was still able to enjoy it a lot!

If you for whatever reason have not read this series yet, you should do so now. If not for action-packed, gut-wrenching storyline, than read it because of Aiden St. Deplhi. I am not sure if I have eve
Ramona
Finally the series is complet and I am blown away! I am not surprised in the least, because I loved everything about it from second 1 until the end. This is definitely one of my favorite series and I want to kiss myself for taking the decision to read it and to not have breaks them, because they are a fully and amazing adventure. You must read them continuously, because the plot is very complex and if you change the book, you might forget some very interesting aspects.

My point is that I adored
Liz
"It's time!"

description

Sentinel is the fifth and final book of the Covenant series. Everything that has transpired in the past four books has been leading to this moment! Sentinel did not disappoint.

Alex has been battling her future as the Apollyon. She has battled with her love for Aiden and the knowledge that they are not supposed to be together. She has battled with the loss of her parents. It is in this book that she truly matures into a beautiful, strong, driven young woman. Alex trains in order to p
majo
4,5 stars Warning: Minor Spoilers ahead.

This is the perfect ending to this perfect series. I love the plot, and I love how everything is tied up at the end. There is a lot of action in this book and I enjoyed every second of it. Jennifer L. Armentrout is a genius. I enjoy everything she writes.

I love all the characters: Not just the protagonists, but also the different Gods, especially Apollo. I love Apollo so much, and I laughed every time he appeared in an Alex-&-Aiden-sexy-time situation
Cristina
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***Mini-spoilers alert!***
Oh my Gods! This last book of the series was amazing! Way better than the previous ones. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
In the end, for 10% of the book, I was so sad! I had a feeling the book was going to end in a tragic way. I couldn’t possibly imagine an ending where the Gods were so vengeful. So yeah, I’m glad I was wrong!
Also... I don’t know why in a love triangle I always end up being in love with the third person - the one who loses. It happens all the damn time. 🙄
However, regarding Seth.
Denia  Books & Baubles
This has been one of the most amazing journeys I've engaged in my life. This 5 covenant books have rocked my world. Once again JLA leaves me with my mouth hanging wide open!

(keep in mind that this is a review of the complete series.)

For the last week this book did numerous things to me:
1. Happy

I love how quick Alex was to answer. I loved her stubbornness, I loved how hardheaded she was and how she didn't take shit from anyone. How all of her actions came from the heart and not from her head.

2.It
Annette Dellosa
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*sigh* I know I'm asking too much, but.. Can we have another book? Very last one? Please? No? Hmmm..

I am so not ready for this to end. I feel like there's more to tell especially after that ending. Don't get me wrong, but I'm very satisfied with it. I just want more Alex and Aiden. I don't care who the villain would be, I want more!!!

Maybe a novella? Jenn?
____________________________________________________________

photo tumblr_m74091Jmaz1rt93wu_zps0ba7d7e8.gif

Oh my.. oh my.. OH. MY. GODS! Look at that cover. Loook!!! Sooo.. aahh.. simple
jade
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I'm not ready to say good bye to this. So, with all the hints and loose ends popping up in the last chapter, I convinced myself that Jen left it open to write a Covenant spin-off about Seth:
(view spoiler)
Jennifer L Arment...: Book 5 - Sentinel 142 406 Oct 10, 2018 11:30AM
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 1 16 Feb 16, 2018 12:57AM
A Million More Pages: 5 - Sentinel (Covenant): Jun 17 22 29 Jun 24, 2015 03:52AM
The Ending 22 263 Nov 30, 2014 03:12PM
TV Show?!? 6 78 Oct 26, 2014 07:07AM
Jennifer L Arment...: Sentinel 17 563 Jul 30, 2014 04:39PM

• The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Breaker (Ondine Quartet, #4)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • Touch of Death (Touch of Death, #1)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Covenant (5 books)
  • Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
“He was my strength when I needed him to be, my friend when I needed someone to talk me down, my equal in a world where by law I would always be less than him, and honest to gods, he was the love of my life.” 117 likes
“I just don't want you to feel that way, because I love you. I'm in love with you. Forever and ever, and all the corny things I can attach to that.” 111 likes