Start by marking “Of Thieves and Elves: A Supernovella ” as Want to Read:
Of Thieves and Elves: A Supernovella

Of Thieves and Elves: A Supernovella

A monumental tragedy has befallen the Clan of Ionor, an ancient brotherhood of elven warriors. Concerned when their Master does not reach his secretive business in a distant kingdom, the Elders learn that Tryn, their beloved leader, has been captured by a cutthroat gang of bandits known as the Steel Claw. Yet this is not the darkest of their tidings. The relic under the cl ...more
Published April 8th 2012 by Fanda Books

To ask other readers questions about Of Thieves and Elves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Thieves and Elves

Marlene
Sep 22, 2012 Marlene rated it liked it
Originally published at Book Lovers Inc

I had to check the definition of a novella. It's the librarian in me. Because this is a fantasy, the definition that the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America use should suffice. SFWA defines a novella as having a word count between 17,500 and 40,000 words. At 252 pages, believe me, Of Thieves and Elves is a novel. A pretty decent one, but a novel.

About that novel...if there is one basic plot (as opposed to 7 or 10) that plot is "Who am I?" Of Thie
Pure Textuality
Jun 25, 2012 Pure Textuality rated it really liked it
I received Of Thieves and Elves as a review request from the author AP Stephens a while ago. When starting the book, I didn’t really know what it was about. I knew it was classified as epic fantasy and that was about it. Since reading the book, I have found that Mr. Stephens is known for the epic fantasy genre and he has a reputation for excellence in his work. I would have to agree.

Initially, I had a little bit of trouble getting into the book. The beginning is a little slow moving but once the
edifanob
May 15, 2012 edifanob rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books, 2012-reads
Well excecuted.

Tons of action, twists and turns, interesting characters, each with an own motive ...

Read my full review over at Edi's Book Lighthouse
Melissa
Aug 05, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
My first thought when I started reading this book was that it has been WAY too long since I listened to The Stolen Moon of Londor, which I reviewed at the end of 2009. Now, you absolutely don't have to have read the other books in The White Shadow Saga to enjoy this "supernovella." Personally, I think I am due for a re-read and I'd really like to continue with the second book in the series, Shameless Wonders.

With this "supernovella," as Stephens has termed it, he has managed to pack quite a punc
James Pickering
Nov 18, 2012 James Pickering rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
OF THIEVES AND ELVES by A. P. Stephens brings true champions and wicked evil in a story that reads quickly and stays in your thoughts long after it is done.

The underlying element of the plot is that one young warrior will have to learn to trust his elders and forge his path in the world. Eonen, who is the elder tasked with finding their missing leader, Tryn, must choose a companion to help him. In this, he turns to Tride, a talented elf who is disliked by his peers because he is not of true line
Derek Jordan
Nov 27, 2012 Derek Jordan rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-kindle
To be honest I would like to have given this four or five stars. The reason that I did not is because I felt that there could have been more story before where the story began. I wanted to have more emotional investment in the characters by the time they came to this point. I found the writing to be well done and enjoyable.

By the very end I was much more close to the place I wanted to be with the characters when what was happening at the start.

Without a slow start I felt rushed and as stated e
Michelle Figley
Nov 29, 2012 Michelle Figley rated it it was amazing
Of Thieves and Elves is a richly descriptive, eloquently written story that all lovers of Epic Fantasy novels should read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and that's saying a lot since I hold all novels in this genre to a very high standard. I haven't been as engrossed in a fantasy novel since I first read The Hobbit. I am so glad I discovered this book and highly recommend it to everyone, even if you're not a huge fan of the genre, because you will be after reading Of Thieves and Elves.
Best Indie Book Award
Dec 09, 2016 Best Indie Book Award rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biba-winner
Winner of the Best Indie Book Award!
Kattie Sivley
Kattie Sivley rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
Margaret Hakala
Margaret Hakala rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Krystal
Krystal rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Kenneth E Hundley
Kenneth E Hundley rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2017
Noelle
Noelle rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Fred
Fred rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2015
Leslie Williams
Leslie Williams rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2015
Valery Lucien
Valery Lucien rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Bill
Bill rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Matt R
Matt R rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2015
tsali tsequana sanders
tsali tsequana sanders rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Tony
Tony rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Pons Matal
Pons Matal rated it it was amazing
Kaylah
Kaylah marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2012
Kori Valley
Kori Valley marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2012
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Kamla
Kamla marked it as to-read
Katelyn Kelly-Gonzales
Katelyn Kelly-Gonzales marked it as to-read
Katia
Katia marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
May 10, 2012
Melissa ownsbey
Melissa ownsbey marked it as to-read
May 11, 2012
Peter Fasel
Peter Fasel marked it as to-read
May 11, 2012
Janet McNulty
Janet McNulty marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Kitty Honeycutt
Kitty Honeycutt marked it as to-read
May 14, 2012
A.P. Stephens
May 14, 2012 A.P. Stephens added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mandalynn
Mandalynn marked it as to-read
May 18, 2012
Jessica Buike
Jessica Buike marked it as to-read
May 22, 2012
Joseph Mitchell
Joseph Mitchell marked it as to-read
May 23, 2012
Ben King
Ben King marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Literarycat
Literarycat marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
May 27, 2012
Alena
Alena marked it as to-read
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Marian
Marian marked it as to-read
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Alein
Alein marked it as to-read
Shantria
Shantria marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Author of THE WHITE SHADOW SAGA and also the supernovella, OF THIEVES AND ELVES.
More about A.P. Stephens...