Start by marking “Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3)” as Want to Read:
Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3)

Return to You

(Laurel Heights #3)

That rat bastard Michael Wallace is back.

The last person Olivia Parker expects to walk into her lingerie shop is her high school sweetheart. She's so over him. Mostly. Except that he's hotter than ever and still knows her better than she knows herself. But how can she risk her heart when she knows he's just going to leave again?

It's a simple plan: r
Published April 15th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Return to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to You

Joy (joyous reads)
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-my-kindle
There was a whole lot of manipulation going on in this Northern California town. When Michael Wallace struts back into Olivia Parker's life, she never thought her day could get any worse. But when she finds out the Hollywood big-wig, "sperm donor"- who'd like to call himself her father - shows up as well, Olivia's day went to hell in a hand basket.

Back in the day, when their love was so sweet and nothing could tear them apart, Olivia and Michael's lives were pretty much set. But her
Bookbound
Naomi Impellizzeri
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was just... I just... ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

So I have recently fallen in love with the Laurel Heights series, but this just didn't cut it for me.

I loved Olivia. She was a fantastic character and she had to deal with a lot of shit that nobody seemed to understand the seriousness of. She was strong and gorgeous and funny and I really liked her.

I also have fallen for Rick. Rick is smokin' hot and sweet to boot. So you can understand my frustration and anger
Anne OK
Jun 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Amazon Freebie (6/5/12)

A very cute and fun to read second chance at love contemporary romance. After eleven years, Michael, now a successful Hollywood director, returns to his hometown - not by choice, however. Olivia Parker was broken-hearted when Michael left her behind to make a name for himself among the stars. She has never fully gotten over him or forgiven him for walking away without so much as a phone call. This is a sexy romp that gets lots of help from a lingerie st/>3.5
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lynn
Dec 25, 2012 added it
Pretty decent for a quick romance in between weightier books. My only problem with it is the end and how quickly the heroine accepts the hero's apology even though he doesn't explain himself AT ALL. Just an I'm sorry so let's sweep everything under the rug. That bugged me big time and didn't seem to fit the heroine (or give the reader any satisfaction). Other than that it was a good light romance.
Brooke
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Bookswithbenefits
Jan 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Synopsis: Olivia and Michael have been connected since they were only six years old, becoming, over time, best friends and lovers. However, as they grew up, Michael was lured from Olivia and their small town life by the promise of a directing career in L.A. When he abandons Olivia, everything they were together is lost. But over a decade later, Olivia's powerful father decides it is time to repair his relationship with his daughter, and he knows the first step is reuniting her with the man she h ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

3.75 Stars

Return to You by Kate Perry is a reunited lover’s story with a side story of new love thrown in for good measure. I always enjoy when writers can focus on their main characters but give us glimpses at other characters making the book a lot more entertaining. Kate managed to do this in spades!

Olivia Parker owns a lingerie store and is quite successful. She has a habit of taking care of or “mothering” her friends often giving them very s/>3.75
Nicole Pope
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I just finished this novel and enjoyed it so much that it verges on 5 stars. It is extremely well written, captivating, and so much fun to read. The character descriptions and development were exceptional. I truly felt like I knew the characters. I believe that this is the third book in the series but I didn't know that until I was done with the book. That says something! I never felt like I was missing something or that I was "out of the loop". In fact, I thought it was the first book. Therefor ...more
Heather andrews
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love it when our female characters are feisty, "you came in here to remind me of what we were?" she asked incredulously. "What did you expect? That you'd walk in here and I'd be overjoyed to see you?" Olivia is also a sarcastic one, "then you must be here to make a purchase. For a girlfriend? Unless you've taken up cross-dressing. In which case I have a lovely satin teddy that'd do wonders for your figure." There were times Michael was just an a**, "fact of the matter is I'm as pissed as you a ...more
Dawn  Johnson
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but the ending just left so much out. I mean I am glad the way it turned out but there should have been more with Olivia & Michael no mention of how he spoke to her regarding the news that he overheard, nothing as to why he was allowing Sophie to hang all over him. I mean I was happy with how Olivia stood up to him but I just thought there would have been more fuss. Parker & Elaine same thing I mean the fairy-tale is always great & the meat getting to the final wa ...more
Tori
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it
3 5
An enjoyable second chance romance with two romances intertwining. Lovely characters, dialogue, and set up though I had some issues. I enjoyed it all up until the end. The ending was rushed and left too much unanswered. We never find out why Michael didn't ask Olivia to come with him 11 years ago. Or why he never came back to even visit. Also the business with the actress and pregnancy was just brushed aside. Getting married doesn't instantly dissolve the problems there. Michael basical
Amanda
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
I'm debating on what to rate this.

The overall story was decent, but the main characters were really annoying. I don't really know how to describe it other than really fast paced make-up to an 11 year old feud that is started with and continued due to miscommunication because there is no talking going on - just sex and assumptions.

These kind of books drive me nuts. The whole plot mechanism behind the story is no communication and the characters just assuming intent behind
Kamillah
This was a free ebook... I couldn't decide between two or three stars because I was entertained, but I definitely wouldn't call it great writing. It's kind of like when you get sucked into a somewhat cheesy but engaging made-for-tv romance or romantic comedy on a random cable channel lol, albeit a somewhat graphic cable channel. The characters were a little one-dimensional and sometimes frustrating but in the end I really, really wanted to know the outcome. So I will admit, it kept my attention.
Bungluna
Jul 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
If the author had checked off every singly pet peeve of mine she could not have written a book more abhorrent to me! Meddling senior? Check. Manipulative relative? In spades check. Insta-lust that wipes all wrongs? Double check.

I liked Olivia at the beginning, but I gave up when she fell horizontal with the jerk "love of her life" and just allowed everybody to manipulate her. I wanted major "begging for forgiveness" so I skimmed to the end to see if this happened and couldn't believe
Loren
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
There was too much manipulation going on for me to believe that any of these characters could have a healthy relationship. Virtually every character was manipulating at least one of the other characters and sometimes more than one other character. So many of the problems between various characters could have been resolved if the characters had stopped manipulating each other and actually had a conversation. (view spoiler) ...more
Maggie
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was ok

Nice story, but sooooooo many typos took the enjoyment out of reading this one. Sometimes I even had to pause & reread a sentence to figure out what word should really be there. Arrrrgggh!

I loved Olivia's character and enjoyed visualizing Lainie's metamorphosis. I could see Michael's redemption and wondered about the outcome of Everett's manipulations. Predictably, it all comes out in the wash. Quick read, if you don't mind the mistakes.
Opinionated Lady
Jul 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I found this on the Top 100 free downloads on Amazon.

It was a quick read. I was disappointed by the one-dimensional nature of the love interest, Michael. I think that was one of the biggest drawbacks for me. I enjoyed the romance between Parker and Lainie and found it more compelling than the main storyline.

It was mostly lighthearted and a bit fun. A quick summer read.
Dami (Damiellar)
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, ebook, 2013, 2013rom, sweet
I don't know whether it's due to my not having read the previous books in this particular series but I just found this a bit lightweight. Drama, drama, drama then it was resolved with a click of the fingers. It just felt too easy, some troubling incidents in the past seemed to be processed too easily. It was ok, but I don't think this'll make it onto my reread list.
SheLove2Read
Oct 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
3 - maybe 3.5 stars. This would be a good rainy day/beach read. I didn't find it to be anything spectacular or out of the ordinary, but it was still an engaging, romantic story. Part of a series but can definitely be read as a standalone book.
Sauniell
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I've read a few of Kate Perry's books and I'm not sure how I feel about these books anymore. I appreciate a quick read but I get annoyed how the storyline makes that unrealistic jump from no hint of sexual tension into sex in a mere second.
Kathy
Aug 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Although a great start I was disappointed with the ending. You don't go through what Olivia did and just fall back into the arms of the men who did it to you. And then not discuss certain aspects of it. Definitely have to 'get lost in love' to believe it
Misti
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I got this to read during vacation. I was a little disappointed that the character let her ex back into her life so easily without THE talk or working things out. But, it was pretty good overall.
Amanda
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
great book. read it in less than a day though. loved all the characters in this one unlike book #3 I couldn't stand Treats mom.
Louise Wardell
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Michael and Olivia parted ways eleven years earlier. Now they are forced back together by the person responsible for splitting them up. All have hurts from the past.
Julie DeVisser
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
The sub-story plot was annoying to me.
Edna
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good quick read

Gives a little background. 2 love stories going at once. Didn't resolve a conflict with the main couple yes it works out in the end
LaurLa
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book more than I did. I usually love second chance love stories but this one left me a little cold. For one, I felt everything was a little rushed as far as the MCs meeting again and falling into bed. That's not something that usually bothers me in my romances but I guess I have to feel it between the MCs and it all felt really forced in this book. But my biggest problem in the book was the reason they had been apart for several years and the reason they were getting a seco ...more
Lisa Filipe
From http://atastyread.blogspot.com

RETURN TO YOU was a kindle-freebie that I picked up a while back and ran across this weekend. Funny enough, I was reading a bunch of books where the heroine owned a lingerie shop, and this one fit the bill for my Racy Red Panties Week.

From the first page I was invested in Olivia and Michael, their past, their present and their future, if they even had one together. There was a lot of pain and mistrust on Olivia's end, and a lot of regret on Michael's, but the attraction was still
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Letters To Gabriella (Glebe Point, #2)
  • Love is all around (Looking for Love #1)
  • Heart's Ease
  • Crazy Love (Looking for Love, #2)
  • One Last Chance
  • Take A Deep Breath
  • Beauty and the Feast
  • Regrets Only
  • Always the Last to Know (Always the Bridesmaid, #1)
  • Dirty Little Secrets (Marisela Morales/Dirty #1)
  • Date with the Devil
  • Shut Up and Kiss Me
  • Third Time's a Charm (Holland Springs, #3)
  • Love's Portrait
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Love Unlisted
  • Beautiful Mess (Bailey's Boys, #1)
  • Bridesmaid Lotto (McMaster the Disaster, #1)
Kate has tangoed at midnight with a man in blue furry chaps, dueled with flaming swords in the desert, and strutted on bar tops across the world and back. She’s been kissed under the Eiffel Tower, had her butt pinched in Florence, and been serenaded in New Orleans. But she found Happy Ever After in San Francisco with her Magic Man.

Kate’s the bestselling author of the Laurel Heights Nov

Laurel Heights (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Perfect for You (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Close to You (Laurel Heights, #2)
  • Looking for You (Laurel Heights, #4)
  • Dream of You (Laurel Heights, #5)
  • Sweet on You (Laurel Heights, #6)
  • Tamed by You (Laurel Heights, #7)
  • Here with You (Laurel Heights, #8)
  • Mad About You (Laurel Heights, #9)
  • Loved by You (Laurel Heights, #10)
  • Laurel Heights Books 1-3