Start by marking “An Endless Hunger” as Want to Read:
An Endless Hunger

An Endless Hunger

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
New York's oldest resident hasn't aged a day. Beneath his youthful facade lurks an ancient menace. Experience the nightmare of eternal damnation through the hauntingly depraved psyche of a nameless villain. Lose yourself in this antihero's shattered mind as it drifts between the present and the past and from dreams to reality.

Return to the visceral horror of the gothic vam
Published April 13th 2012 by Digital Alchemist, LLC

To ask other readers questions about An Endless Hunger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Endless Hunger

Leslieheme
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I first read Narcisse Navarre’s An Endless Hunger in May when I was caught underneath a threshold of depression. Reading my bewilderment of reality into his searing hunger for living, Navarre’s vampire spoke back into me. And, deeply.
I could say that I did not expect that to happen, but I would be doing a disservice to my awareness of the quality of Navarre’s writing. We had shared many a poetic exchange through Twitter, always after I had been exalted by her way with words. Erotic and visually
Rick Gualtieri
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of Francis Ford Coppola's movie rendition of Bram Stoker's Dracula then An Endless Hunger will be very appealing to you. Told in first person narrative, this story paints a picture of vivid imagery coupled with heavy metaphor.

The story unfolds quite literally through the eyes, ears, and other senses of the main undead antagonist. While first person POV isn't uncommon, it is rare to find a story that delves so deep into it. Normally one feels like they're sitting right behind the
Netanella
This was a hard book for me to read, because I dropped my tablet the other day and had to read the majority of the book on my 4 inch phone. Despite the eye strain, though, this book was simply incredible. Author Navarre has a smooth, rich writing style that's infused with poetry and elegance. Imagine, then, to take this kind of rich narrative and allow it to embrace the mind of an immortal killer, one who is, it seems, going insane. Or maybe he's already there; it's hard to tell, as there are a ...more
Edward Lopez
There is a mystique and attraction about vampires. The seduction, the horror, the "not fitting in," the physical look, the violence, the tenderness, the romance and many more traits well covered in the many books and films on the beings. In "An Endless Hunger," Narcisse Navarre allows us to see the agony and torment that only such an eternal creature can experience. She takes us into the very psyche of the vampire and we understand that even with all of his supernatural power, his very own exist ...more
Caine
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire, horror
A truly delicious read, a vampire who is in the genre of a real vampyre of legend. The only real complaint was the story didn't go long enough, I could have read ten more just as long in total enjoyment. Narcisse Navarre could so easily turn this into a series, I hope she does.

The greatest element is the combination of the hungry little devil's with his guilt and humanity that still remains under the surface. His 'gold' sanctuary that haunts him with all the suffering of his life in death.

The
Vk
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What do I think? I am not a man of words, but this book has an awesome writing. The story is great too. May be it's just me or that I happen to live in NYC I feel like I am in the book, and I am walking in Central Park looking for ... victims. What more can one expect from a book?
Zully Bartley
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great vampire epic that I truly enjoyed reading.
Colleen Johnson
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written by a brilliant mind! Sexy, dark and forbidden words await you.

This book is dark and pulls you into an inescapable embrace from which you'll not wish to abandon. Follow in the mind of a blood thirsty beast of a man and learn his twisted, tormented secrets. Blood and tears. Thirst. A hunger that turns man to animal even though his heart yearns for love.
Michael
Aug 21, 2012
Des Picard
Aug 22, 2012
John
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not much happens.

Even though this is priced the same as longer books this is just a short story. At around 53 or so pages its still quite padded. The author uses beautiful dark gothic prose on page after page of endless descriptions. After around 15 or so pages it all just became dreadfully boring.

I would love to read a real book by this author. This short proves that she can write, and write well, but it doesn't show whether or not she can tell actual story.
Mugdha Mohan
Feb 28, 2015
Candice Bundy
Nov 14, 2016
Narcisse Navarre
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
James Jr.
Aug 02, 2016
Brenda Seaberg
Aug 07, 2016
Paranormal and Ho...: An Endless Hunger Giveaway! 1 13 Apr 29, 2012 10:30AM
Greetings! I'm a Cuban-born artist and writer who believes in magic and impossible things. I love all things literary and I moonlight as an antiquarian book dealer. My inspiration comes from travel and nature. I garden when I can. I live in the woods with my husband and my cat, Sugarloaf.

I write from the heart.

My latest novel, The Tendrils of Fate, is FREE to read on WATTPAD. Stop by and check i
More about Narcisse Navarre