Start by marking “Slow Summer Kisses” as Want to Read:
Slow Summer Kisses

Slow Summer Kisses

Anna Frazier is used to living life at 100 mph, but being downsized out of a job in the financial industry has her permanently stalled. With nowhere to "go, go, go, " Anna hails a cab to her grandparents' neglected New Hampshire camp to plan her next move. It seems like a good idea--until she realizes there's no takeout to be had and the boy next door has grown into a sexy ...more
Published June 4th 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Slow Summer Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slow Summer Kisses

Alp
“Did that manual happen to mention you’re supposed to stay between the lines?”
“There was a pothole in my lane.”
“There was a Buick in the other one.”

Reading this short story is like taking a big breath of fresh air!

The story was very cute and sweet. After losing her high-dollar finance job in New York City, Anna Frazier temporarily moved into her grandparents' old New Hampshire camp to have a relaxing time and look for her new job. With her multiple to-do lists, she needed to ask her cranky neigh
♡Karlyn P♡
Apr 16, 2012 rated it liked it
3-stars. Oh, how I wanted to love this one! Alas, this was more frustrating than entertaining, but it did pull out a redeemable last half. The story itself was too weak for my enjoyment, but Slow Summer Kisses did have some good moments that made it worth finishing.

Shannon Stacey is such a talented author, which is why this book isn’t getting just 2-stars from me. She has a way of writing some great scenes and dialogue between her H/h that are captivating and fresh, a talent that does set her a
Jae
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
The last person that Cameron wanted to occupy his next door summer cottage was Anna. He remembered her as a ten year old girl who was bossy and cannot sit still long. He liked his life laid-back and mellow and hoped that Anna wont ruin that.

This was just a light read with a heavy dose of humorous banters.

"I'm going to walk. I just don't know which direction to walk in."
"It's three miles. One way. And in those shoes, I'm surprised you made it to the dock without breaking both your ankles."
"I do
Maggie
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I swear, I spend as much time reading Shannon Stacey's books as I do searching tumblr for the perfect mental cast. She writes strong, career-oriented women and sexy, well-mannered men who love and support them. What's not to love?

Cameron Mayfield is a guy who gave up his fast-paced, stressful career as a lawyer to live at his family's cabin working odd jobs to pay the bills. Anna Frazier is his new old neighbor, someone who used to visit her family's cabin next door to his until she was 10, who
Jaci Burton
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So, I started this book while I was on deadline (I know, bad me), and read it in one day. Anyone who knows me also knows Shan is one of my best friends, so I'll put that out there as full disclosure. That being said, if you've read Shannon Stacey before, you know that she writes compelling, fun, heart tugging contemporary romance, and Slow Summer Kisses is one of her best. I loved this book. It was funny as hell, sweet, sexy, and totally un-put-downable. Anna and Cam make the perfect couple. You ...more
Ruthie Knox
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fun, quick read! Shannon writes "ordinary guy" SO well, and she somehow managed to do an intense, suit-wearing, fancy-shoe-sporting heroine who I didn't want to maim. Which is quite a feat, if you know me. Plus, the sex is hot. Definitely recommend!
Toni Aleo
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-break
What a great summer read! I read it in a little over an hour while laying in the pool! It was hot, and sweet. I loved Anna immediately and even Cam caught my heart. Great quick read! I recommend it!
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
{This review originally appeared on Clear Eyes, Full Shelves.}

Can a Red Sox fan and a Yankees fan see past their differences and fall in love? Unbelievable or not, in the world of Shannon Stacey’s Slow Summer Kisses, this is entirely possible.

Few writers can entice me to read a short story. Shannon Stacey is one of those few.

She expertly translates her trademark believable—and likeable—characters and fresh, contemporary writing style in the short story/novella form. I’ve read and enjoyed her pr
Ridley
As usual, Stacey writes snappy dialog that makes me laugh out loud and creates characters - heroes especially - who feel so real I'd swear she was borrowing people from my life to populate her books. Unfortunately, this story didn't really grab me like hers usually do. I don't know if it was the shorter length or what, but I felt hurried along and like I was missing out on their romance developing.

Not bad, but it's not my favorite of hers, much as I wanted to love "my" story with the Sox-Yankees
...
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Shannon Stacey's writing in Yours to Keep, the third in the Kowalski Family series. She had me hooked once again in this short and sweet novella.

From the beginning, I really enjoyed Anna's character. She was high-strung, but lovable and friendly. She was a breath of fresh air to Cam's brooding, and I thought they balanced each other really well.

If you've never read any of Shannon's books, this would be a great starter book. It's a fast read with the swoons, the delicious sexy
Marran
Jun 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
a sweet little story...not as good as the kowalski series though..

I didn't feel any real chemistry between the main characters..its still a good read though even without the both funny and sweet banter I was expecting and hoping for
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Aaawwwwww! Such a cute, sweet, quick read :)

I love Shannon Stacey's books-especially Yours to Keep, so I knew I'd enjoy this. But it was very short and things happened quickly. I can appreciate a light read, though, when I find one, and this did the trick.

I ♥ you Shannon Stacey!
Christy
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 1-own-it-kindle
Really pretty meh for me. I feel like they need to have more than sex to bind them together and never was especially convinced that these two did. I haven't liked her novellas as much as her Kowalski books so maybe she just needs more room to tell a story I find satisfying.
Kaetrin
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Why I read it: I'm a fan of Shannon Stacey's Kowalski series. I think she writes really good, fun, sexy contemporaries. I picked this one up at NetGalley in the Editor's Choice Vol 1 edition. I'm not sure if/when I'll get to the other stories - the main reason for my interest was this novella.

What it's about: (from Goodreads) Anna Frazier is used to living life at 100 mph, but being downsized out of a job in the financial industry has her permanently stalled. With nowhere to go, go, go, Anna hai
Lisa Filipe
Apr 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shannon Stacey steals your heart with this Summer Romance

I was SOOO excited when she announced a Summer Novella was being published. I love her Kowalski Series and I was hoping that this novella would be all include all the things I love about a Shannon Stacey romance, and she did not disappoint.

Flawed lovable heroine, dashing sexy-as-all get out hero, and a build-up of emotions and romance that sets the pages on fire.

In Slow Summer Kisses we meet Anna Frazier, who is in need of A LOT of relaxat
Dawn
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a great little book. Anna, a high powered financier, has lost her job due to downsizing. She decides to spend some time trying to relax at her grandparents' lakeside cottage. She becomes reacquainted with her childhood friend and playmate, Cameron, who has left his powerful law career and marriage behind to live a more simple life at the lake. He supports himself doing odd jobs for the local residents. Of course they become sexually attracted and have some good times not realizing they were ...more
Honeypie
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
//ebook

I actually had some "reflections" after finishing the book. City life. Provincial life.

It's somehow similar to one of Kinsella's books (I forgot the title!) wherein this hot shot lawyer woman was kind of fed up in the city, so she went for a vacation and ended up loving it there. Almost like that. Hahaha!

Wait, or was it Cecelia Ahern's? I forgot.... : /

---

“You can’t rush kisses. You have to slow down and savor them. Lose yourself in them.”
Ana  Ramírez
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Una lectura muy ligera y rápida de leer, y tomando en cuenta eso, agradable. No diré que me gustó, pero sí que el tiempo que se invierte leyéndola es bueno. Es una historia sencilla, con personajes nada complicados. Cam y Anna. No logré conectar con ninguno, y en realidad tampoco con su historia de amor. Todo era muy predecible, sin embargo como cosa extraña no estuvo mal.
Calisto
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Don't get me wrong. Shannon Stacey writes really well and I get why some readers will simply loooove this story, but, for me, the heroine reminded me of those annoying, yippy toy dogs that are carried as accessories and named Princess. On the bright side, it was short.
Catherine
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mmmhmm good.
Christine Ripple
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love that she knits
Mary Catherine
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet, and fluffy - a perfect summer read.
Elisbet
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Justamente lo que me esperaba, una historia ligera, juvenil, leída en solo dos horas, con un final feliz y sin problemas ni traumas. Me gustó ;)
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a cute love story....just wish it was a little longer.
Jen (Pop! Goes The Reader)
Did you find this review helpful? Find more of my reviews at Pop! Goes The Reader!

“Cam got out of his truck and the door slamming drowned out the curse he let loose. He wanted to sit on the dock and drink a beer, not play bellhop for a woman who didn’t have the sense to wear sneakers.”

When Cameron Mayfield is asked by his close friends Jim and Betty Frazier to look out for their granddaughter, Anna, while she’s staying at their cottage on Lake Askaskwi over the summer, Cameron is anything but pl
Rocío
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Esta es la primer obra que leo de esta escritora, algo que no entiendo, porque muchas personas me han recomendado la serie Kowalski Family y he visto que tiene muy buena criticas, en fin.

La sorpresa que me lleve fue que su pluma es rápida y sencilla, no sé si es porque es una historia corta pero es de esas escrituras que va al punto.

¿Los sucesos? Muy predecibles pero agradables, es decir, es de aquellas historias que sabes lo que pasará sin embargo no importa es agradable leer lo que sabes.

Ca
Gisele
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Lectura cortita y sin muchas vueltas; con un estilo muy de novela Harlequin, pero sin tanto drama y con más humor!
Los personajes son más bien sencillos pero no por eso aburridos, Anna me encanto! Quizás parece un poco loca y está demasiado estresada (además de que anda estresando a los que andan cerca de ella) pero me pareció un personaje fresco, con una actitud bien puesta, nada de niña tonta. Y Cam, bueno, cumple perfectamente el rol de vecino malhumorado y buenorro.
El final fue bonito, con un
Dai Alvarado
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
La historia es corta, pero linda.

Me gustaron los personajes, Anna es de esas mujeres que necesitan controlarlo todo, en todo momento y Cam es un relajado total. Son completamente diferentes y sin embargo se sienten atraídos desde el primer momento. Me gustó como su relación va fluyendo, a pesar de que van muy rápidos para mis gustos pero eso es en parte por lo corto del libro.

Creo que es primera vez que leo algo de esta autora y ya me gustó por el ritmo ágil y ligero de la historia, de verdad
Amy at bookgoonie
Perfect start to summer read. I really need some Cam therapy. A lot more sitting on the dock & a lot less crazy rat race.
Allison
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lovely short story
  • Negotiating Point (Private Protectors, #4)
  • We'll Be Home for Christmas (Holloway, #3)
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • About Last Night
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • This Time Next Year
  • The Bro-Magnet (Nice Guy, #1)
  • Thank You for Riding (Strangers on a Train)
  • Forbidden Fantasies (Bondage & Breakfast #1)
  • More Than One Night
  • The Story Guy
  • Betting Hearts (Rancho Del Cielo, #1)
  • Starting from Scratch
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when she’s not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV.
“I'm having a cheeseburger," Anna said. "With fries smothered in vinegar and salt."
"I told you I wouldn't kiss you again. You don't have to poison your mouth."
"Very funny. What are you having?"
"Something with onions and garlic.”
14 likes