Start by marking “Sbohem a nashledanou” as Want to Read:
Sbohem a nashledanou

Sbohem a nashledanou

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  2,249 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Mark Forum právě skončil střední školu, když potkal svou velkou lásku. Naneštěstí má ale Becky vážnou známost a Markovi nabízí pouhé přátelství. A právě když se Mark chce vzdát, potkává záhadnou dvojici svých vrstevníků, Vincenta a Karu. Má pocit, že jsou to staří známí, a přitom ví, že se s nimi nikdy nesetkal. Mark si brzy uvědomí, že jeho noví přátelé jsou obklopeni záh ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Buldok, 238 pages
Published 1995 by Kredit (first published July 15th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Sbohem a nashledanou, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sbohem a nashledanou

Adam Wilson
Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
See You Later is a surprisingly brilliant and moving story. The book is short and to the point and, for me, was one of those books that you have to read all the way through without stopping for anything. The complexity of the novel was very well handled without giving its readers too bad of a headache and the characters were so well-characterized that I can find nothing bad to say about them or the way they were described. Most importantly though, this book played on my emotions which is somethi ...more
Sophie
THE ONLY WAY TO WIN THE GAME... IS TO NOT PLAY
Julia Bucy
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book sometime in junior high. I've read most, if not all of Christopher Pike's books from the 90's era. However, this book is not really a horror book like the other stuff he wrote. This was actually a very moving story and I vividly remember it bringing tears to my eyes. I was pleasantly surprised then and still remember the warm feeling it gave me when I finished reading the book.
Abbi Dion
"Frederick began to pace the room again. Even with my thoughts spinning, I saw something about his personality that should have immediately disqualified him from commanding a nuclear-armed space station: He was a goddamn lunatic."

"I was too busy daydreaming about them. That's how it is for me with the people I love. They become unreal to me. I guess I like them better that way."

"I bit my lip softly, not enough to draw blood but hard enough to feel pain. That was the thing about physical pain. It
Sraah
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remembered this book quite a bit from the first time I read it as a twelve year old, and I loved it all the same, I remember being so in love with the name Vincent because of it. I cried a lot near the end of this and wish I could comfort my younger selfs heartache during reading this her first time, not knowing then what I expected now since I remembered the experience. Christopher Pike is way too good at explaining time travel but also makes my head hurt, in a good way.
Rachel
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While my adult self sees this more as a 3 star read, the nostalgia factor weighs heavily with this, as it stayed with me for many years after first reading it as an adolescent, therefore bumping it up to 4.
Sunny
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOOOVVE ITT. I remember finding this gem of a book back in the middle school library in a cardboard box filled with old books and marked "Take one". It didn't have a front or back cover, and for a long time I didn't even know its title, but See You Later hooked me from the first page and I bet if I went home and dug up my bedraggled hand-me-down now, I would be just as hooked. I think this was my introduction to sci-fi and romance in the same book, a most excellent combination if I do say so mys ...more
Cara
Jan 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well I couldn't help myself... since I'm back in junior high... I decided to pick up one of my junior high faves.
GOTTA LOVE CHRISTOPHER PIKE.

Ok, so I finished it. I would give it maybe 3 stars as an adult, but it was SOOO SOO fun to read it again! I can remember waiting for this book to come out and going to buy it at Walden books at the mall.
My daughter said, "there was a bookstore at the mall? There was no Barnes and Noble?!"
Drucilla
Oct 11, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: p
First off, I just want to say that I think hard core sci-fi lovers will like this book. I really wanted to like it, but I felt it got way too complicated. I picked it up because the description on the back was interesting and if it had just stuck to that, I would have liked it, but the plot becomes more and more convoluted and it ends in a mess.
Alissa
Did anyone else keep expecting Agents Mulder and Scully to show up?

Or was it just me?

Perhaps the book would have been better if the famed agents HAD made a cameo. Of course this book was published a couple years before The X-Files made its debut on TV (its publication even preceeded "Beyond Reality," the little-known Sci-Fi Network show I am convinced was an inspiration for the X-files)....but this story is about time travel, so it could have been possible. It was also about aliens. Of sorts.

Ba
Abby
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although there are mentions of time travel, nuclear war that kills the earth, and a superbreed of aliens, I don't really consider this book science fiction. I think it's more of a love story with a supernatural twist. SPOILERS BELOW:

When Mark falls in love with a girl with a boyfriend, he resigns himself to just being "the friend". Then he meets a couple, Kara and Vincent, who he immediately befriends, as both Mark and Vincent write computer games and agree to help each other. Kara right off the
CATastrophe
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ending of this story will have you feeling like your heart just jumped into your throat (speechless). Though you might confusingly wonder where this story is going in the first 3 chapters. You'll later get close to the end as it becomes something that you must find out, as everything adds up together. This story will have you changing opinions about the characters and questioning their knowledge and side of the story. All in all, I did not and never will regret reading this novel, and I (hop ...more
PurplyCookie
When Mark meets Becky, he's sure it's love. But Becky is involved with Ray and isn't interested in a new relationship. Then Mark befriends Kara and Vincent, a young couple new to the area. Kara soon embarks on a mission to turn Becky against Ray, thus paving the way for Mark, who's puzzled by Kara's determination.

This novel offers everything a reader could want -- action, foreshadowing, love, theology, and a strong message. That said, it cannot be denied that too many disparate elements are thro
Paula Brandon
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was amazing. I cried a little when I first read it. So tragic! I found my old battered copy from my teenage years after I moved in with my partner. I had to sticky-tape the cover back on. He read it too, but he won't admit to crying at the end. I know he's lying.

Christopher Pike never took the easy way out with his books. He always made the characters hurt. And the reader hurt. So much hurt!

It's got romance, horror, humour and freakin' time-travel! Even the title has heart-breaking relevanc
Heather
Oh wow. Oh oh oh wow. At least this book put into perspective what "terrible" means re: young adult fiction. Twilight? Not as bad! That said, it was interesting to see how Christopher Pike (whose name is lifted from one of the greatest sci-fi series of all times) handles science fiction. The answer? He handles it very, very poorly.
Chelsea
Oct 30, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Could not get past the main character at the beginning of the book. He feels like he has an almost instant love with a girl who has a boyfriend. He then proceeds to visit her at work all the time and think about how he is pursuing her anyway. He also pulls out the 'nice guy' card. It creeped me out too much for me to finish.
Jen
Jun 12, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a Christopher Pike junkie back in my youth, and I'm pretty sure this was the one that I loved the most. It was about time travel, and spirits, I think. I'm shady on the details, I just remember it made me cry my eyes out.
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Though I read it back when I was a pre-teen, the ending haunted me for years. It leaves a very melancholic feeling in your heart. I forgot almost all the characters but I remember the story, and I think that's what makes a good book.
Rachael
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trippy. Very VERY trippy. If you get confused easy this book is not for you LOL But because I love books that force you to really think, I enjoyed it!
angrykitty
Jul 23, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-teens
i remember that this was one of pike's better books. still no remember me though....but really, was anything he wrote as good as remember me?
Debbie R
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. This book was one of the Christopher Pike's books that made him one of my favorite authors growing up.
Courtney
Jan 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
I must have read this one 200 times.
Michelle
One of the many of my childhood favorites.
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
This is my favorite book EVER. I have reread it several times and I always love everything about it.
Cupof Tea
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"it's a thinker!" was my best one word description of this book in junior high.
Jenae
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hell didn't expect the ending. Hella random, but in a good way.
Dave Madden
Plane reread from when I was 12. Not sure it holds up, but remains my favorite (from memory) of the Christopher Pike books.
Melissa
Jun 12, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christopher-pike
This book can still fuck my shit up even when I'm no longer in puberty. It's painful and so awesome.
Mary
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trying to fall asleep 21 years after reading this, some part of me remembered the effect this book had on me. I straight up puckered my lip and bawled the first time reading this.
Jill
Jun 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teen mystery readers
Shelves: kids-n-teens
God I loved this book!
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • Silent Night (Silent Night, #1: Fear Street Super Chillers, #2)
  • The Fire (Losing Christina, #3)
  • Final Exam
  • The Possessed (Dark Visions, #2)
  • When Love Dies (Sweet Valley High, #12)
  • Prom Dress
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm
More about Christopher Pike

Young Adult Deals

• A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • This Is the Story of You
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Don't Get Caught
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • So B. It
    $6.74 $1.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cloaked in Red
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Whiz Mob and the Grenadine Kid
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Girls on Fire
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • Before Goodbye