Start by marking “Harvest Moon (Moon Coven, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Harvest Moon (Moon Coven, #1.5)

Harvest Moon (Moon Coven #1.5)

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Seventeen-year-old Lochlan Moon had been groomed his entire life to accept the torch that would eventually be handed to him, and step into his destiny - to be the most powerful witch in almost five hundred years. He put his heart and soul into mastering a craft passed down through the generations of his ancestral bloodline.

Between the savage murder of a family member, and
ebook, First
Published August 1st 2012 by BKC Publishing (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Harvest Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harvest Moon

Candy
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.It captured my attention from the beginning and held it until the last page.It was short but concise.I was actually excited to read Lochlan's story.In Compulsion we find out just a glimpse of Lochlan's past.In Harvest Moon we get a broader picture of what he did,why he did it and how it affected the future for all Of Leeny's children.
After Lilyann finds her father's grimoire,after reading she confront her father,Lochlan. Not all the details were written in Lochlan's gr
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
10*+s. I purchased my ecopy of this book from Amazon.com and i am ready to give my honest opinion of this book.
KB Miller has done it again!!!! She has stollen my heart and soul in another remarkable story of the Moon Clan. It is full of shocking details that I had never seen coming and a moment when the box of tissues were needed!! This is a MUST read series written by the phenomenal KB Miller for all ages to read and enjoy. This marvelous story will suck you in from beginning and keep you hooke
Justine
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received this books free from the authior in exchange for an honest review.
This is the third book by the amazing K. B. Miller that I have has the privileged of reading. This particular book is number 1.5 in the Moon Coven series. This is an in- between novella.
In this short story we learn about Lochlan Moon; Lily's father, when he was a young boy. We are shown how Lily's parents meet and also about what lead Lochlan and his siblings to revoke their witch powers.
This was one of the best in- b
K.B. Miller
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Wow! Another book, albeit a novella, but still! After each book is completed I tend to think that it's my worst work ever. This time...well I'll let you be the judge.
Writing from the POV of a 17 year old male is a little tedious to say the least. Their thoughts tend to run deep, but their words are well chosen and few. I hope that you enjoy reading Harvest Moon as much as I did writing it!
Love, Hugs and Twitchy-Witchy Kisses~Kymberlee xoxo
Lynn Worton
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

I love the Moon Coven series, so when I was offered a chance to read this book by the author, I grabbed it with both hands! This is a wonderful YA paranormal series novella that introduces you to the main characters in the novel Compulsion.

Lochlan Moon is a wonderful character. At only seventeen, he is still mastering his witch skills. He is a loving son and brother, who is faced with a terrible decisi
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
Thank you author K.B. Miller the opportunity to read this intriguing book of “Harvest Moon”, intriguing because it gives us more of an insight into Lochlan Moon’s character unlike in the other books. And why some of the choices that he had to make were made.

Lochlan is Lily’s father, and this novella follows him at the age of seventeen who has known all his life that he would take the lead - it is his destiny, to be the most powerful witch all the while mastering the crafts past through generatio
Jennifer Treviño
Forever a Moon!
I simply can't get enough! K.B. & her Moon Coven definitely have me under their spell!

I began my journey with K.B. Miller by reading Haunted Moon which was free. I immediately wanted more, so as soon as Compulsion was released I downloaded it. I've been awaiting Harvest Moon's release ever since.

I have grown to love these characters, & truly enjoyed getting more background story on Lochlan Moon & his family! I agree that this book can be read on its own, but if you h
Merisha28
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I Bought this book from amazon!!~~~
Harvest Moon by K.B. Miller

This story is mainly about Lily's dad, Loclan Moon and how he came to be the way he is with his siblings. Lily presents his grimoire to him and he breaks down and reveals how he came to be without the Moon magic.In this revealing and exciting addition to the Moon series, it reveals what a smart, passionate character Lochlan is and his strength to save all that he loves. This is an awesome read that is very fast and action paced! I lov
TJ
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Harvest Moon is the companion novella in The Moon Coven Series. Harvest Moon gives us a sort of flashback to the life of Lochlan Moon. Having descended from the strongest and oldest line of witches he has been groomed to take his place as the next leader of the coven. But grave dangers are on the horizon because being a witch is not all fun and games. Dangerous situations, grave losses and maybe a new love? What does the future hold?
The hardest thing is to not give away more spoilers than I alr
Jacquie Talento
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There are always a few authors that leave a feel good impression on me and Ms. Miller is one of those. For some reason I get caught up in reading her stories as if she’s right there telling the story to me with as much passion as I hold in reading them myself. Her words just flow so easily and reading her work is always a joy.
This story is a novella giving us Lochlan’s recap of the week before the Harvest Moon and how he meets the love of his life as he tells it to his family. He shares with us
Sara Nelson
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book on Amazon.

I love these short stories of the Moon family. First with Granny in Haunted Moon and now with Lochlan (Lil's dad). I wonder who the next novella will be about? I am glad K.B. is letting these short stories fill in some of the questions that i'm sure her readers are asking. I know all threw Compulsion I wanted to know more about Granny's kids and why they were not witchs. Well know I know :) so thank you K.B. Miller for keeping me intertained and answering some of my
Heidi
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent addition to the Moon Coven series. Thanksgiving is as good a time as any to tell the long awaited story of how the Moon family evolved the way they did. The history that locked their magic away, the animosity of vampires, the prophecy of the one who will turn the tides on the past. The Author did an amazing job of explaining so much of the history of the family I couldn't believe it was done in so few pages. This is a must read for Moon Coven fans! I can't wait to read more! ...more
Mindy/fangedmom
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really love this series. I am a HUGE fan of KB miller and love her wonderful mind! I am so ready for the next books!!!!
Jennifer  Davis
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was given and e-copy in exchange for my honest review.

This is a Moon Coven Series Novella (sort of a companion). The story is told by Lochlan Moon. It starts off in the time of the present, but then continues in a flashback of when he was seventeen years old. Some family secrets are revealed, which puts everything in the present into perspective. I really loved this book and could go on and on about it, but since it could be read alone, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that hasn't rea
Stephanie
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cheers to KB Miller on the Moon Coven Series.

The end of the trilogy is set in the voice of dad. this is Lochlan's story..

This answers all your questions that may be in the back of your mind from the two preceding books Compulsion and Haunted Moon.

We see how Lochlan comes to meet the love of his life Leighann, and the sorrow of losing his best friend to those whom he vows to defeat and seeks revenge for his friends, and for his father.

Listen to his story as he tells his children why he and his s
Maryalice
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had to put the book down to go to work, but picked it up as soon as I got home, before even getting of of my work cloths. This is a book about teenagers, but unlike many teenage books there isn't alot of time at school or doing teenage things.
Crystal
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This series just keeps getting better and better. Loch is a boy that has to take on a lot. I really loved this story.

I can't give you much or I would be giving the story away. If you haven't started this series than I would recommend that you start it. It will suck you in and never let you go.
Sherry
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. This book gives you a look in the past of Lily's father. The strength and character of Lochlan shines through as we get a look into the older characters of the series. A must read to get an understanding of how things came to be in present day
Amy-midget Reidy
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this!! Great getting the back story..! And finding out more about the moons.. Can't wait to read more.
K.B.Miller you are amazing!!
Angela
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lochlan Moon is the child of the most powerful witch he knows and he has learned everything he knows from her. Now though his powers are giving him and his family more then they bargained for.
Vampires are after them and targeting the ones they love and care about. Lochlan will make the choice once and for all to do what it takes to save his family.
I loved this book, honestly so far it is my favorite out of the Moon Coven Series!! Lochlan is a head strong man who will not sit back and be preyed
Tanya Johnson
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the series (if you start with #0.5 LOL) and it is a great in between book as it explains a lot more of what happened before Lilyann took over and more of the history with the vampire's trying to take over the town. I enjoyed reading about Lochlan (Lilyann's dad) and his siblings As a large family, they were all faced with dealing with something (vampires) before they truly understood what were happening. Lochlan was a strong man and would do anything to protect his fami ...more
Cheree
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Harvest Moon is a novella telling the story of Lilyanns' father Lochlan Moon and a turning point in his life that leads to Lilyanns' life in present time.
K.B. is great with imagery in her writing. One of my favorite scenes in the beginning is of the leaves dancing around Lochlan's sister and brother. She painted the picture perfectly!
I was hoping for more of a relationship between Loch and the girl that has caught his eye, but the story is not about them it was about the fight against Vampires
Kim Eyler
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to "go back" or "rehash" the past after wanting to know more about the future for Lily, but I LOVED it! I remembered the time jump and was happy to go back in time a bit and get some background and additional information about Leeny's life. I am now hoping to go back and hear more of her love story with her husband. I love the characters, I love the story line and thought the back and forth between the grimoire telling the story and Lochlan going more in depth ...more
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Harvest Moon is a fast paced, action pack novella that gives us a glimpse into the life of Lochlan Moon. Lochlan retells the story of how he, his mom, Auntie, cousin and neighbor took down a group of vampires that were hell bent on murdering the Moon bloodline. While only 105 pages, KD Miller has definitely made this novella worth your time. While I haven't read the other books in The Moon Coven series I will definitely add them to my must read list.
Celsey Seivert
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this Moon Coven series! This story is told my Lily's father Lochlan explaining how and why he stripped his powers and did not become a witch. This story will take you on an emotional roller coaster, but it is so worth it to find out what happened before Lily.
Cindy
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the Moon Coven series. This one takes you Lilyann's fathers story, and how/why he decided not to become a witch. Awesome and emotional at the same time. I can not get enough of this series. Keep them coming Kym. Love your work.
Larissa
Apr 20, 2014
Allison
May 28, 2012
Stacy
Feb 24, 2013
Erin Lyons
Apr 10, 2013
  • Sky Blue  (Ruby Blue, #3)
  • Taking Talon (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #2)
  • Afterlife (The Dark Gifts, #1.5)
  • The Sidekick Chronicles (Gryphon, #2.5)
  • Supernatural Seduction (Coffin Girls, #2)
  • Disarming (The Vampires of Vegas, #2)
  • Wolf Dream (Wolf, #2)
Okay, so I'm supposed to tell you about me...
Seriously, if I wrote a book about myself it would take you 10 minutes to read and you would be bored stiff after the first 2! LOL

I'm a full-time writer, wife, and mother. Which basically means there's always a surplus of pencils lost somewhere in my hair, I usually have some place to be(I'm always late), I have a bad habit of calling family and friends

Moon Coven (3 books)
  • Compulsion (Moon Coven, #1)
  • Conversion (Moon Coven #2)
  • Blood Moon (Moon Coven #2.5)