Start by marking “Hour of the Lion (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hour of the Lion (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #1)

Hour of the Lion

(The Wild Hunt Legacy #1)

As a dedicated covert ops agent, Victoria Morgan follows two rules: accomplish the mission and protect the innocent. When bitten by a werecat—yeah, that was a sucky day—she must investigate beings that shouldn't exist and are hard as hell to identify. Just how can she tell if a person is human--or an animal-shifter who enjoys Bambi-sized snacks?

During her investigation, sh
Published June 15th 2011 by VanScoy Publishing Group (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hour of the Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hour of the Lion

Sophia Triad
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“After I kill someone, I like to sit in the shower and cry.”
“Of course. It’s good to have traditions.”

The book starts really violently with the death of an innocent child. After that agent Victoria Morgan will discover the world of the shifters. She will try to hide from the bad humans who try to find the cure of death and she will try to hide from rough shifters who do not really know what she does in their isolated little town.
Victoria will constantly lie to protect herself and to protect
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

I’m a huge fan of Cherise Sinclair’s writing, so there was no doubt I'd be reading this book because there's something about the way she writes hot, sexy romance that keeps me coming back for more. My only hesitation about this story, though, is that I'm not a huge shifter fan, but I can tell you, honestly, I was not disappointed!

I really enjoyed the were-world Ms. Sinclair created, and the characters of varying species. Thanks to litter-mates Alec and Calum, the were-skeptical Victoria, and a g
Kate's Corner
First read 02/01/2017 3*
Re-read 03/12/2017 bumped up to 4 *

I enjoyed this far more the second time round than the first. This is still not my typical paranormal romance as alpha males, mates and sharing etc. but here it works. The scenes are hot and will most surely give you the tingles.

I understood Vicki more this time and grasped her and her feelings more. She is a strong heroine but she is like a marshmellow crusty on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside.

Alec and Calum are still awe
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I enjoy a good paranormal book. I'm a bit jaded by the plethora of shifter books lately. Some of the authors throw in a couple of wolves and recycle the common "understood" of how werewolves and shifters came to be. I've read Ms. Sinclair's books before and generally found them to be well written with great characters that I like and a story line I can follow. In addition, she creates conflicts which I can believe and follows each developed thread to a conclusion. It may not be a happy conclusio ...more
Cindy ~
Jun 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From what I can tell this was Cherise first book in the Paranormal catagory. I have read lots of shapeshifter books. If they are all to cookie cutter you would get board reading them. Cherise take in this book was different from other that I had read - meaning that is a good thing. The story kept me fully engaged until the last page. I do have to admit I was thinking the sex was going to be as intense as it is in her BDSM books (which I love).. But to my surpise its not. She took the time to mak ...more
Kathryn
I am almost certain Hour of the Lion is Sinclair's first foray into paranormal romance and I hope this starts a trend for the author as I loved the main character, with the secret agent background, and how she was able to turn into a shifter. The best parts of the book revolved around Vic settling in and getting to know the town and its inhabitants. The romance was slightly lacking for me and I had issues with part of the end. (view spoiler) ...more
Stacey Kennedy
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are not enough stars to give this book! I'm a huge fan of Cherise's Shadowland series, but Hour of the Lion proved just how incredible of an author Ms. Sinclair is! Seriously, I skipped my own writing, stopped watching Supernatural (which NEVER happens) and even ignored my family to read this book. It was captivating, had a very intriguing plot, and the D/s relationship in this book was just an added bonus!

When I saw 2 and 3 stars ratings for this book, I keep thinking, "Did we read the sa
WildAboutBones
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read4bbpr-review
Sinclair blends shifters (werecats, werebears, werewolves, oh my), OtherFolk (dwarfs, sprites, "bush-thingies, tree-thingies ... fire-thingies", gnomes, pixies), a drug lord, a rogue ex-marine and a romance between a woman and two brothers to create a unique supernatural world in this paranormal romance. This might sound like a fantasy with all of the OtherFolk, but it isn't ... well maybe a fantasy for me. {grin}

Tony Vidal, Seattle's vicious drug lord, has Parkinson's and is looking for an unco
Laurie Garrison
Wild about bones review below

Tony Vidal, Seattle's vicious drug lord, has Parkinson
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4/5; 4 stars; A-

I haven't read a book yet by this author that I didn't like. She is a consistently good storyteller.
This paranormal romance is a departure from the Club Shadowlands BDSDM series and I think she did a fantastic job changing gears. I debated whether or not to even put it on the erotica shelf because it has some really great menage sex scenes as well as m-f sex scenes but they are more romantic than erotic. maybe I'm reading too much UF and PNR....sex between a human and two wereca
Raine
I thought this was quite boring and not as hot in the style of Cherise's Shadowlands or Masters series with bdsm. I was pretty disappointed with this book that it wasn't like her other ones. I did give it 4 stars because if I just rated it on its own merits that would've been the right rating and if I took into consideration her other works it would've been more of a 2 or 3 stars instead.

I know she doesn't write too much paranormal, but if she continues with this genre I hope the writing gets b
Heather in FL
This was my first Cherise Sinclair. I don't think it will be my last. I've been a bit over paranormal recently, but this was a great story! I was so sad when Lachlan died at the very beginning, and we didn't even really know him. I think it was because of how brave he tried to be, and just the little bit of bonding he and Vic did before he died. He just seemed like such a great kid.

I loved how strong Vicki was. The solitary life she led was sort of sad, but it was necessary for her line of work
Barbara
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shifter lovers, menage romance
I thoroughly enjoyed this paranormal, menage. It is a bit of a different take on shifter stories, which proved to be refreshing. Victoria, a CIA operative, is "gifted" shifter abilities that she doesn't understand and in keeping a promise made to deliver a message, she ventures into the small mountain town of Cold Creek and becomes entangled with the town's sheriff, Alec, and "guardian," Calum, who are brothers and cougar shifters. The relationship between the three of them is interesting. Both ...more
Kat Desi
Enjoyed this book. I think Cherise Sinclair can actually pull off a good PNR novel without the BDSM and/or menage! But what is a Cherise Sinclair book without a spank and/or an extra pair of hands or...? *wink*
Sassafrass
A review for The Romance Reviews.

There's a reason why Cherise Sinclair is on my auto-buy list: she writes fantastic erotic romances with great stories and wonderful characters. So, when I saw her newest release, I was intrigued that it was a departure from the kind of books that she normally writes. But, I am happy to report that she's done it again. HOUR OF THE LION was simply amazing. Hot hunky shifter men, a strong and sassy heroine, a gripping story, and some oh so lovely menage action are j
Laurie
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, paranormal
Originally read on 3/19/2014
Reread: 37/16

When I first discovered paranormal smut a few years ago, I read everything in the genre I could get my hands on and let me tell you, some of it wasn’t very good. What kept me going was the little gems I found buried under all the bad stuff. I loved the books in Cherise Sinclair’s Wild Hunt Legacy Series but no other book was released for the series after the first two. I kept waiting for more to be written about this quirky but kickass town, but none show
Mrs. Missive
Aug 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Yea though I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest M-F in the valley."

One of my favorite quotes from the story. This book shoved me back into the paranormal. I love Cherise Sinclair's Shadowlands books. While we have no BDSM clubs here we do have a similar theme in that we have a woman who is being thrust into a lifestyle that she never knew existed and ends up in a sink or swim situation. Its just that this time the main characters get furry.

We go on a co
Deanna Jewel
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cherise Sinclair once again does a great job of pulling the reader into a world of paranormal that appears as real as ours! Her characters will tug at your heart, the Alpha males will tug at your needs! This is an erotic read and does include graphic sex scenes for those who shy away from this type of reading, but by no means is it done in a distasteful manner. Cherise is an elegant author and has another winner here.

I found myself walking beside Victoria and cheering her on each time she found
Hollie
~4.5 stars~

What a creative shifter read

I have read so many paranormal/shifter books, that at a point the majority of them started to feel the same, I am happy to say this book was in a class of its own. I really enjoyed the characters. The heroine was strong willed, and independent. The plot was action packed, and never dull. I normally am not a fan of ménage type romance reads, but with this one, it was done tastefully. The sex was smoking and I never felt as them being one family (2 brothers,
Jen
Jun 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sinclair
I can always count on Sinclair to give me a satisfying story. This one wasn't quite up to the Shadowlands books but it was still a good read. What I didn't like as much was the initial relationship seemed to start with Alec and that was fine with me. But them more emphasis was put on Calum, once again fine with me, but it seemed to be at the expense of her relationship with Alec. I like both of them but it was a little bait and switch for me.

I loved the Gathering at the end where she was able to
Nicole
I love Sinclair. I think her BDSM books are AMAZING. But I'm just not too sure I was feeling this one.

I liked the world building and paranormal aspects, but she incorporated some smutty elements I'm not always super comfortable with (brothers sharing a woman, smexing as animals...)

If, like me, you're a die-hard fan of Sinclair for her BDSM books, be forewarned: this is very different. The writing and tone feels different, almost as if its a different author completely. This story also didn't fe
April
I loved this book!! Such a great story. It had me from beginning to end. It was also great to see a kick but female character who didn't turn wimp when she hooked up with a man, or men as the case maybe.

A great shifter story with lots of intrigue. It has plenty of steamy scenes but the story would stand with out them.

Can't wait to read more! It is a step away from the author's usual BDSM but a great turn!
Spuffed
I enjoyed this for the most part but I did get bored through the middle. And, for the first time ever, I didn't care for the whole two brothers and one Chick thing. I know, I know, I know, right? But, I just wasn't buying it in the end and it wasn't that hot for me. Ill probably check out the other book in this series but I may be over this Big Bad so maybe not...
Aly is so frigging bored
the book was good and I would have given it 4.5 if we didn't have this problem: the pupil is ALWAYS black!!! FML every time I read how the pupil turned completely black I wanted to murder someone...
Sandra R
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous imagination ! Loved the romance, loved the story, loved the shifters, loved the writing. Anything from this author is excellent. 5 stars.
Chris
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, paranormal
Really enjoyed this paranormal adventure - 2 hunky Alpha males and 1 feisty newly turned warecat / marine. If you enjoy a hot shifter book give this one a go !
Laz the Sailor
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut, fantasy
So I asked my book group, why don't shifters get it on in their animal form? This was the answer.

So in this setting, shifters all live in harmony (bears, pumas, wolves), and in fear of normal humans who either hare them or want to capture them for evil scientist stuff. So our Victoria (a bad-ass black-ops agent with skillz) tries to save the life of a shifter boy, and ends up being converted herself. Which leads her to the mountain retreat, where it is safe (mostly). Lots of back-story on the me
Ni_kii
Sofia Grey
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-picks-2012
A thrilling and delicious excursion into the paranormal realm of shapeshifters for Cherise Sinclair. Victoria (Vic) Morgan is ex-marine and now CIA, recovering from a serious knee injury before she can return to active duty. When she wakes in a filthy basement room to find a terrified teenage boy locked in a cage – being tortured by 2 men – she has to get involved.

One thing Vic can do, be
  • Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
  • Bound (A Faery Story, #1)
  • Jealous And Freakn' (Freakn' Shifters, #2)
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
  • Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #1)
  • Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)
  • SWAT Team One and the Social Worker (The Men of Five-0, #1)
  • New Year's Kiss (Wolf’s Heritage, #1)
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, she’s renowned for writing heart-wrenching romances with laugh-out-loud dialogue, alpha males, and absolutely sizzling sex.

I met my dearheart when vacationing in the Caribbean. Now I won’t say it was love at first sight. Actually since he stood over me, enjoying the view down my swimsuit top, I might have been a tad peeved—as well as attracted. Bu

The Wild Hunt Legacy (4 books)
  • Winter of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #2)
  • Eventide of the Bear (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #3)
  • Leap of the Lion (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #4)
“Coffee and chocolate—the inventor of mocha should be sainted.” 119 likes
“Gramps always says people only swear because their vocabulary is limited...In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer.” 10 likes