Start by marking “Hukatuslik kättemaks (In Death, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hukatuslik kättemaks (In Death, #6)

Hukatuslik kättemaks (In Death #6)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  29,098 Ratings  ·  898 Reviews
Ajal, mil tehnoloogia seob omavahel seaduse ja seadusetuse, võib jahtija ning jahitav olla üks ja seesama...
See mees on tehnika viimase sõna asjatundja... geeniuse aju ja mõrvari hingega hullumeelne. Hääletult varitseb ta oma saaki. Ja kummitab politseid hauataguste mõistujuttudega kuritegudest, mida kavatseb sooritada. Need mõistatused lahendatakse alati liiga hilja, et p
Published 2004 by Ersen (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Hukatuslik kättemaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hukatuslik kättemaks

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
Another fantastic installment to the Eve and Roarke Show.

I love that we got to know more about Roarke, his past, and his part misdeeds in greater detail.
I also love that we got to go home with him for a spell.
Duchess Nicole
Vengeance feels good...especially when Roarke the Irish is involved... “I want you to take note, Commander, that turning in my badge would be like cutting off my arm. But if it comes down to a choice between the job and my marriage, then I lose the arm.”

Gotta say, that line surprised me.This would be the first time that I've felt as if Eve and Roarke were on equal footing with regards to their affection for each other. That's not to say that I ever doubted Eve's love for Roarke. Just her abilit
Alex ♈
Suspense 5 stars / Romance 3.75 stars

Damn, it was intense!
Bloody, creepy, barbarous – perfect reading matter before you fall asleep *mwahahaha* 😈

But Eve fears nothing!

😱Brilliant!😱

Romance: I can’t believe it, but they killed an ex from Roarke… again. Really? Will they kill all hundreds/thousands women, who were unlucky enough to warm his bed?
It’s getting old…

In what book exactly will they hurt Summerset?
Like physically and hard?
Can’t wait to read it…
Phrynne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is quite a few years since I first read this book and I had forgotten just how good it is! Eve and Roarke are still at the very early stages of their relationship and they have a lot of issues to start working out. There are many emotional scenes along the way, but there are also a lot of fun ones. Roarke has the ability to see the humour in Eve's unusual ways and they both have a talent for making funny comments.
Summerset has a major role to play in Vengeance and sometimes it is hard to be s
Mo
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Roarke and Eve. They just get better and better in every book.

He is an expert with the latest technology...a madman with the mind of a genius and the heart of a killer. He quietly stalks his prey. Then he haunts the police with cryptic riddles about the crimes he is about to commit--always solved moments too late to save his victims' lives.

Jilly
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Six books in and I'm still not quite sure why my book-boyfriend, Roarke, likes Eve. This woman is so completely rude and horrible to him 99% of the time, that I feel like maybe he's a masochist.

Brian's face broke out in a wide grin as he slapped Roarke on the back. "That's a woman, isn't it?"

"Delicate as a rose, my Eve. Fragile and quiet natured." He grinned himself when he heard her curse, loud and vicious. "A voice like a flute."

I guess it's all about perspective..

And, well, if he likes cur
♥Sharon♥
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay so I am starting to make a small dent in the 40 or so books that are in this series. With each one I read I fall in love a little more with Roarke and Eve....separately and together. Kudos to J.D. Robb for writing two amazing leading characters and for surrounding them with side characters that only make these two better.

In Vengeance in Death it is Roarke's past that triggers the killings that take place. Eve feels the personal hit and for the first time, the love of her career is challenge
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
The best one yet!!! Such an awesome book.<3
Ann Lou
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series keeps getting better and better.  This one's pretty disturbing with me being Catholic.  My stomach's not that hard after all with the mutilation and disembowelment of body parts *shudders* But what can I say? I am hooked with this series.

We have a murderer who calls himself the "the wrath of God".  An avenging angel who thinks he has been called on to do his work.  He gives  riddles to Eve as to who and where she can find the victim.  If she can save the person.  Let the games begi
Carolyn
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, mystery, futuristic

Eve Dallas has her hands full when a tech savvy religious madman starts killing people in a slow torturous manner. When it becomes clear that the victims have a link to Roarke and Summerset's past she knows she must hunt down the killer before he can kill again.

This series is developing really well. Eve and Roarke have been married for a few months now and their relationship is still evolving. Eve still finds it hard to accept that this sexy, handsome man can love her and Roarke is frustrated th
Kjen
Another awesome InDeath re-read! One of my favorite exchanges happens in this book. It is the one where Brian from Ireland finds out that Roarke married a bloody cop...Eve replies that she married a criminal and no one ever thinks about that! Then there is the whole "icicles forming in Hell" comment from Brian...Priceless!!! Loved seeing how Eve and Roarke worked through some of their most perilous philosophical ground to become an even more complete unit. Their total acceptance of each other, d ...more
Lauren
Vengeance in Death
4 Stars

Eve Dallas’s loyalties are one again put to the test when her husband’s oldest friend and closest confidant, Summerset, is framed for a series of murders targeting acquaintances from his shared past with Roarke. As the evidence against him accumulates, Eve must put aside her animosity for the man in order to capture a brilliant yet deranged killer guided by a warped sense of vengeance.

Roarke’s criminal past is front and centre in this installment and readers are treated
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View on Under the Covers

Vengeance in Death
(In Death # 6)
by J.D. Robb
Romantic Suspense

VENGEANCE IN DEATH is ice, frigid. Or as the eccentric Mavis would say, mag. I think this book just topped my previous favourite, RAPTURE IN DEATH. There were so many good things about this book that I’m not sure where to start. First off, the case that Lieutenant Dallas has been dealt is a gruesome one. It hits a little closer to home because of the violation that these victims have endured and it all seems to
Tilly Slaton
A religious nutjob sociopathic serial killer targets Even and Roarke (Shocker!). Extremely bloody mutilated bodies are found and Summerset is tied to more than one murder.

Hating the snobbish, uptight asswad, Eve still finds herself using every resource to prove that he should not be her prime suspect. If only the dude would follow her advice and stay close to home.

Avenging the rape, mutilation, beating and death of Summerset daughter, Roarke is forced to make a list of those who provided him inf
Lisa Kay
★★★★★ J.D. Robb (AKA Nora Roberts) should get some kind of award for creating a married couple whose relationship remains H.O.T. Yup. Roarke and Eve still have it. Loved the suspense in this futuristic police procedural, too. I’ve said it before, but Susan Ericksen was born to narrate this series; she outdoes herself again and just keeps getting better.

In Vengeance in Death, the sixth in the In Death series, we get to see into Roarke’s past. And the Irish billionaire has one, filled with painf
Kirsten
Jan 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-audible
This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I've read this one. It is definitely in the top 10 of the In Death series and probably one of the meatiest of the stories. We get a lot of Roarke's past exposed and show more of his vulnerability. I like those much more. A lot of scenes with him just show him as a sort of elite superman, I like it better when I see inside him.

*****************************************************************************
Hadn't read this one in some time - definitely the first t
ElaineY
So I've only read six so far and there may be another In Death book that I'll enjoy better than this one but so far...this book was everything I look for in a romantic suspense.

The dialog is snappy and the story zips through like one of those futuristic cars. There's never too much of Roarke, is there, so delving into his past can't but make this installment a winner.

Summerset is especially unlikeable here and I hope there's a change in his attitude towards Eve after this. While I find the snoot
Al *the serial series skipper*
Finally! A villain I couldn't figure out till the end. Very well done.
Catherine
This is one of my favorite books in the series. I loved getting to delve into Roarke's past and I won't deny that I loved seeing Summerset on the hot seat. That man is not a favorite of mine.

This entry had an emotional intensity to it that I enjoyed. The cases tie closely in with the lives of Eve, Roarke, and Summerset, although Eve doesn't know it at first. I liked that the author brought up a past storyline and deepened it for the reader. There was a gore and grit to the storyline that isn't a
Beanbag Love
Mar 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent read as all In Death installments have been so far. As a Christian, I do get a little weary of the crazy, homicidal Christian gimmick (that's not a spoiler, BTW), but this had a lot of suspense and I actually was kind of surprised by the outcome of the case.

Eve got on my nerves this time. You'd think she's the only one under stress. Barking every other word and running roughshod over everyone. The fights she had with Roarke were pretty believable, but she just wore me down. I would have l
Anita
I am reading my way through the In Death series at about a book each month. This one gives us an insight into Roarke and his history with Summerset. These two have a deep abiding love for each other and Eve has to come to respect that. She also has to figure out who is targeting them over murders that took place almost 20 years ago in Ireland.

This is where Eve comes to terms that Roarke has a past that she may not be able to accept. She loves him, but he is a very complicated person and she wil
İlkim
Ah çok iyiydi. Cinayetleri çok güzel bağlamış, Roarke ve Summerset'in geçmişlerine iyice iniyoruz. Hatta İrlanda'ya gidip Roarke'un anılarını dinliyoruz. Eve yine birkaç kere ölümden dönüyor ve en sonunda gelip onu kurtaran ve katili öldüren Roarke oluyor. Bu adamın Eve aşkına özeniyorum cidden, Eve de ona deli gibi aşık. Bu çifti daha bir sürü macera bekliyor ama aralarındaki aşkla her şeyi halledeceklerdir. Yaklaşık bir 30 kitap daha var okunacak :P
Elvan
Apr 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, audiobooks
I love the firsts in this one. The first introduction we readers have to McNabb and his stylin' ways, the first visit to the Penny Pig and Roarke's old mate Brian Kelly and the first great "take down goes south" thanks to a poodle. I love that scene. A nice little mystery and a killer ending (ha ha) makes Vengeance a must reread in the Series.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Love, love, loved this series. It really tested both Eve and Roarke. Memories of the past coming to haunt them both but also nearly flossing your loved ones too. Really glad I'm re-reading this series.
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
Love this book, we get a good glimpse of Roarke and Summerset's life from back in the day! We meet Ian McNab - gotta love that e-man!

I'm not trying to be picky or find fault, but towards the end when Eve and Roarke make it to the naked mermaid bar and they see Summerset on the ladder at the tank, Summerset tells Eve that he was climbing up and into the tank to help Patrick Murray and Eve says that's not what it looked like (or something to that effect). Anyways if Summerset had been in the tank
Ira
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Should get more than 5 stars..

This series is getting better and better.
I have to admit tho, while the stories are very exciting, I keep coming back to this series because Eve and Roarke.
In here you see more of their relationship and Eve is much better in showing how she really feels to Roarke.

This one easily one of my fav with Naked in Death for sure!
I think I can finish another couple more books before off to visit my MIL for Xmas in NZ
Hah! I'm sure she won't be too pleased if I stuck my face o
MelaDWolf
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-it, fighter
For some reason they skiped this book when they were translating this series on my first language. I usually don't read crime books on english, because in this genre I love to understand everything. All little details that latter make a important evidence. Still, this book was easy to read for me, with great tensions, description and romance. And like a junkie I need another fill of Eve and Rokie.
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
Love this series, but, c'mon, EVERY SINGLE BOOK has the subplot of "is Rourke somehow involved with the crime????" That horse is dead. dead. dead. dead. let's move on. otherwise, this is a perfectly lovely series :)
❆ Crystal ❆
4 stars. It's a great series that I'm enjoying very much.
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Vengeance In Death (Nov. 2013) SPOILER ZONE 194 103 Jan 16, 2016 12:35PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #32 - Vengeance in Death 1 1 Apr 28, 2014 06:09AM
solve-it-yourself whodunits? 1 28 Jan 16, 2013 06:39PM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.5)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Secrets in Death, on sale September 2017, is the 45th e ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)
“A cop? You married a bloody cop?"

"I married a bloody criminal," Eve muttered, "but nobody ever thinks of that.”
228 likes
“I want you to take note, Commander, that turning in my badge would be like cutting off my arm. But if it comes down to a choice between the job and my marriage, then I lose the arm.” 79 likes