Start by marking “Hexed (The Witch Hunter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hexed (The Witch Hunter, #1)

Hexed

(The Witch Hunter #1)

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  3,997 Ratings  ·  801 Reviews
If high school is all about social status, Indigo Blackwood has it made. Sure, her quirky mom owns an occult shop, and a nerd just won’t stop trying to be her friend, but Indie is a popular cheerleader with a football-star boyfriend and a social circle powerful enough to ruin everyone at school. Who wouldn’t want to be her?

Then a guy dies right before her eyes. And the dus
Published June 10th 2014 by Delacorte Press (first published January 1st 2014)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
“Go on,” he says. “I like it rough.”
Double ugh! I’m suddenly acutely aware that I’m straddling him—wearing a micromini and heels, no less—and I can’t roll off him fast enough.
“You’re sick, you know.”
Meet your main characters! She's a brainless cheerleader and he's a stalker!

This book is a cesspool of insipidity into which there is no return. It makes much-reviled works of art like Twilight read like the fucking Magna Carta.

It has:

1. A stupid, shallow, bitchy cheerleader stereotype, which would
Lola
description

Finally, I’m done with it. And him.

I will never ever ever read it again.

And I will never ever ever read the sequel.

EVERY character, except for Indigo’s mom, is despicable and I hated them all, especially Bishop, the most slap-worthy character I’ve encountered this year. He’s all on making jokes (BAD ONES) every time. In every scene. Even when they’re in danger. I was always wondering why? Why is he doing that? Does he think he’s funny somehow? Or is he just one completely immature person?

Indigo…
Michelle Krys
Apr 15, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

Author here.

I hope you have as much fun reading this book as I had writing it.

Cheers!

Michelle

Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always

Fair warning: rant ahead!

At first glance, Hexed would seem like a totally creepy, thrilling read, right? It ended up being a funny book. No, not the good kind of funny. It was the kind of book that was really weird and made me laugh because of how absurd it was.

Reading Hexed was like watching the Vampire Academy movie--it seemed like a spoof that was trying a bit too hard to be funny that it ended up being quite tacky and lame. This bland humor made the characters sound a bit like kindergartner
Giselle
Feb 10, 2014 added it
Shelves: arc, ebook
Sucky book is sucky no more!!!

Because I DNFed it! >.<

It's still sucky.
Anne

Also reviewed for Addicted2Heroines

I've been searching for a book centering on witches for a while now, but nothing ever really clicked with me. Until Hexed.
But hear me out before you run out and buy this one, because some of the things I absolutely loved about this sucker, might be the very same things that turn you off.

First, Indigo is not a heroine that you would normally cheer for. She's shallow, but not self-absorbed enough that she doesn't realize it. And not shallow in a cutesy w
Victoria Scott
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michelle Krys' HEXED was such a refreshing, fun read. In a world of super serious YA books saturated in darkness, HEXED manages to stand apart from the pack. Yes, you'll find intrigue, mystery, and bad guys, but there's gut-clenching, spot-on humor too, and that's hard won.

I adored Indie, a girl with weaknesses and fears, who manages to be brave anyway. And Bishop! Well, I've already claimed him as mine. Paige is also a rock star character I loved from the start.

If you want a fast-paced story
Brandy A.
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Having had the privilege of reading this book prior to its release, I can say that it's one of the best books I've ever read. The writing is amazing, the plot is fast-paced, the main character Indie is so witty and hysterical, and there's incredible chemistry between Indie and her love interest. Even the supporting characters are all well-developed, stand-out characters, each with their own little quirks and complexities. No stock characters here.

I wasn't bored for one single second while readi
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Want a good witch book? Keep looking. As much as I wanted this to turn out well, Hexed was just filled with too many cliché tropes. This book made me want to laugh, and not in a good way.

Childish, stereotypical and idiotic main character? CHECK. Indigo is a cheerleader who once flashed her ass to a crowd at a football match; she is best friends with the Queen B, Bianca, she’s also the girlfriend of the captain of the football team, received the 3rd highest GP
Ashley Garrock
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible read! I laughed out loud throughout the whole book. Indie was hilarious! And I loved the banter between her and Bishop. And don't even get me started on Bishop! What a dreamboat lol. The plot was very fast-paced, which I loved. It's a must read!!
Vfum
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I consider myself very lucky to have been given the opportunity to read this book!! I am usually a painfully slow reader; however, Hexed had such a great pace that I could not put it down and I read it in one sitting! When I opened this book the afternoon sun was shining and when it was closed the harvest moon was exploding in the sky. Though hours had passed, I was kept so entertained that I completely lost track of time and became utterly enveloped in this adventure. To me, that loss of time s ...more
Stephanie Reid
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm not much of a reader. Which I'm sure makes me a bit of an outcast here on Goodreads but I got my grubby paws on an advanced copy of this book and I friggin' loved it! I don`t know s*** about witches or warlocks or magic or anything of the sort, but this book had me right in there excited to turn the page, every page. I literally laughed out loud numerous times while reading Hexed, and all because of Krys' clever and witty writing and not at all because I'm a crazy person that just laughs out ...more
Bgulbino
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked page 1. Hexed is exciting, fast paced and most of all fun! The heroine Indie is a brave, and witty teen who discovers she’s even more special than she initially thought. Author Michelle Krys will have you laughing, gasping and even shedding a few tears. Do you believe in Magic? This book had me thinking of that song in a bad ass, kicked up, Indie rock kind of way. Hexed is a MUST READ! Can't wait to join Indie on her adventurers in the sequel!

Amy Plum
Krys’s dry sense of humor had me laughing and her spot-on world-building had me enthralled. If they weren’t part of a magical world of witchcraft and sorcery, I would swear I knew these characters in high school. I loved HEXED.
Couture Crystal
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Loved Indigo's personality and I couldn't put the book down once I started reading it. Made me feel like I was in LA and is very well written. Hoping for more from this author!
Alice Liu
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, although I found it a little on the "lite" side for YA paranormal. It moves very quickly and there isn't always much explanation for things. However, we are seeing a difficult situation (evil sorcerers) from the perspective of Indigo Blackwood - no more and no less - and she really has very little to work with since no one has ever told her anything. Despite the lack of emphasis on world/situation-building, Hexed has it's very deep moments. It was a real pleasure to e ...more
Ruth Lauren
Apr 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Fast paced without being rushed, a great plot with believable, likeable characters and a will-they-won't-they romance (they will, they do, you will like it when it happens). This book has lots of amusing interactions between the characters, but you'll also find the mc Indie being pushed to her limits by the desperate circumstances she finds herself in. Page-turning fun and best of all there's a sequel (and two short stories!) without this book ever feeling like it can't stand alone. HEXED wins a ...more
Amy Parker
I LOVED this book. THE VOICE, y'all! Michelle has this great, sarcastic, authentically teen voice that just sucks you in and carries you along. I agree with what another reviewer said about it being like The Craft combined with Bring It On. It's funny and a little bit sexy and a whole lot of fun to read. Recommend!
AdriAnne
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So much fun: engrossing, exciting, hilarious and moving. I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting, in spite of the fact that I was supposed to be doing other things... ;)
Jaye
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An absolute romp of a book. I loved Hexed! Laugh out loud funny - even the villains were cracking me up. Filled with beautiful people, magic, and a great Los Angeles setting, I was able to suspend all disbelief and go with this fun story. Indy is a witty, righteous, irreverent girl that teen readers will love. The other characters were flushed out nicely and Bishop, whoo howdy, what a hot hunk of warlock. Quite the cliffhanger at the end, but I'm okay with it because I want more!! This may be a ...more
Mary Summer
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I <3 this book SO MUCH. Indie has such a strong character arc. She goes from someone I cannot at all identify with to someone who I can't help but root for. There's one particular scene that is just utter perfection. And the whole book is so engaging, I literally took it with me wine-tasting, because I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. Fantastic read. Great teen characters. I'd give it 10 stars if I could. <333
Kerry
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Witch/vampire/werewolf type books are not generally my thing. But I really enjoyed escaping into this world - maybe because it was only about witches (and not all those mentioned previously?) As someone stated, it's a mix of The Craft and Bring It On, how could you not want to read this?! Great plot set up (as this is a series)and a believable love story.
Sara
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
* Received this book as an ARC via NetGalley*

First of all, I can say that it’s one of the best books I’ve read this year so far. I didn’t want to stop reading once I started!!

HEXED is an extremely amazing book!! It’s fast paced without being rushed and it has a variety of interesting and well developed characters which you can relate to!! In addition to that, the writing style is absolutely incredible!! You’re able to picture everything so clear and perfectly!!

In general, the whole book is so e
Summer (buttermybooks)
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Having the privilege to be one of the first readers of this book, I can not say enough good things about it. The entire book was so amazing that it had me catching peeks at it during class! The author made the key characters so easy to love that you become invested in what happens to them. The twist at the end is not one that I initially saw coming!! I must say that I will definitely be recommending this to friends!!! I'm a bit sad that I have to wait so long for the second book to be released!! ...more
Jen Malone
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really, really, really liked this! It reminded me a lot of Rachel Hawkin's HEX HALL series, which is a good thing. While it had supernatural elements, most of it was very grounded in a contemporary setting, which is just how I like my non-contemps:) Tons of laugh out loud lines (fully half of which belong to Jezebel) and just a fun, suspenseful romp of a story. I can't wait for book 2!!
Lori M. Lee
Didn't want to stop reading once I started, and I wouldn't have stopped if not for one annoying husband! lol

Love Indie and Bishop and Paige, and I can't believe how long I have to wait for the next book. THAT ENDING. GUH.

Proper review to come.
Jay G
Apr 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

Video review: https://youtu.be/OWxxIyQkrLk

RANTS AND SARCASM COMING, BEWARE:

Indigo Blackwood is a popular cheerleader dating the captain of the football team. Her best friend, Bianca is a total bitch snob and not to mention completely jealous of her for dating Devon. Indie's neighbour, Paige is totally obsessed with her and won't leave her alone even though Indie has made it SO TOTALLY
Kimberly
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen-paranormal, arc
Indie is one of the popular girls at school- the cheerleader dating a football player and all the cool friends. Then a guy dies in front of her and a piece of paper with an address she knows is the start to turning her entire world upside down.
Quick banter along with great interaction and chemistry between Indie and the stranger Bishop make this a fun read. There's enough adventure, danger, sparks that fly, and humor that makes this one captivating and entertaining read!! Looking forward to book
Riley Chance
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love love loved this book! Everything about it was great, but what I loved most was the chemistry between Indie and Bishop. So hot! I can't wait to get my hands on the second in the series.
Christina Farley
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read. Couldn't put it down! Here's my full review: http://youtu.be/hQfjaPAvH0E
  • Daughter of Chaos
  • House of Ivy & Sorrow
  • Dark Metropolis (Dark Metropolis, #1)
  • Sing Sweet Nightingale (The Dream War Saga, #1)
  • Salt (Salt, #1)
  • Winter Falls (Twin Willows, #1)
  • Extraction (Extraction, #1)
  • All That Glows (All That Glows, #1)
  • The Fire Wish (The Jinni Wars, #1)
  • A Breath of Frost (The Lovegrove Legacy, #1)
  • Dark Days
  • Of Breakable Things
  • Between
  • The Shadow Prince (Into the Dark, #1)
  • The Nightmare Dilemma (The Arkwell Academy, #2)
  • Mistwalker
  • The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant (V, #1)
  • Strange Sweet Song
I'm the author of the YA novels HEXED, CHARMED, and DEAD GIRLS SOCIETY, all from Delacorte Press/Random House Children's Books. Visit me at michellekrys.com or follow @MichelleKrys on Twitter, @michellekrysbooks on Instagram, or mkrysbooks on Snapchat.

*PLEASE NOTE: I don't respond to messages on Goodreads. If you want to contact me please email me directly at michelle.k.krys@gmail.com*

The Witch Hunter (2 books)
  • Charmed (The Witch Hunter, #2)
“And I just know that this memory will be forever burned into my brain, because this kind of magic - the kind that can't be conjured with a spell, where everything is just right, and all your problems vanish for three perfect minutes - doesn't happen everyday.” 12 likes
“And I sit down at the kitchen table and realize that Mom really died. That she’ll never come back. And that I am alone. Cold hands reach out for me, threaten to pull me into a dark place where I might never escape, and I let them. It’s like I’m trapped in a block of ice that nothing can penetrate. Everything around me is just a blur of colour, a flash of movement, garbled sounds. I can’t quite decipher and don’t want to. Time passes like sludge” 0 likes