Start by marking “Once Her Man, Always Her Man (Always a Marine, #1)” as Want to Read:
Once Her Man, Always Her Man (Always a Marine, #1)

Once Her Man, Always Her Man

(Always a Marine #1)

Fulfilling a favor and executing a business plan, Luke Dexter arrives at Dallas’ Sybarite Club for a one-night stand. He never imagined he’d come face to face with the woman he left behind a decade earlier.

ebook
Published April 7th 2012 by Decadent Publishing Company, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Once Her Man, Always Her Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Her Man, Always Her Man

Mada
Dec 20, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the worst short stories I ever read.
Let's start with Rebecca. The heroine is a 28 year old virgin who goes in a club for a one night stand (remember she's a virgin) and guess what? Her date is none other than her high school boyfriend who dumped her 11 years ago.
She forgets in about 5 minutes how heartbroken and lonely she's been all this years and jumps in his bed like there's no tomorrow.
Luke, the hero, lost his sister and mother on 9/11 attacks and he enroled in the a
Vanessa
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't leave reviews for these short novellas but I just had to put in my two cents. HAD TO.
THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL.

I started reading and I was like
Crying gif photo: Dean crying dean_crying.gif

I kept reading and I was like
Crying gif photo: crying zoey crying.gif

Seriously, author. Are you trying to kill me? I couldn't effing stop crying. Seriously.

It was a beautiful, amazingly heartfelt love story.

5 stars*****
Sophia
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
It always amazes me when, in just a few pages, an author can grab my attention, make me love her characters and tug at my heart with her storytelling. I was bowled over by this story of second chance romance between one-time high school sweethearts.

Luke Dexter has returned home after a decade of doing his patriotic duty. He and his men make a pact to do something normal to help adjust to being out of the service so they all sign up for Madam Eve's 1 Night Stand dating service. Madam
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
Hearing this author for the first time? Me too! But, being new to this author doesn't stop me from enjoying this short story. Its cool, its great, its hot! Whatever I say about this novel, would give the thrill away. So, for the first time in my reviewing history, there is no plot explanation..read and know for yourself. :) But, don't worry, there is some character review here, instead!

Luke.. Oh god, Luke! If someone can make you swoon over a man, in just less than 10 minutes by talk
P.A. Lupton
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I'm impressed with the character development Heather Long was able to accomplish in such a short story. I would have given it 5 stars except one line near the end changed everything for me. You're probably wondering what the line was: "She was a virgin."

Why for the love of God do they always make the heroine a virgin? And an almost 30 year old virgin at that. She waited 11 years for him? I found that hard to believe. This is a very specific pet peeve of mi
Dinjolina
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
A cute-ish short book. I was pretty pleased with it considering it was really short and the author had to cram a lot of the couple’s history along with the ‘today’.
The only thing that annoyed me was (view spoiler)
Aoi
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, erotic
3.5 Stars

A second chance love story. The writing was poignant and grabbed my attention from the start. Due to the short length, the pace launches into an abrupt fifth gear near the end. That and a few niggling unexplained things (view spoiler) made me mark down the rating.
Gaylin Walli
Apr 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I love second chance at love stories where the hero and heroine meet, separate, and re-meet under better or very different circumstances. This story sits firmly in that category. Short, sweet, to the point, it had me wishing it was quite a bit longer. But for its length, it was nice.
Virginia Nelson
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-crit-beta
Awesome story by a fantastic storyteller!

Although it was a short story, Long managed to create a full story complete with believable circumstances, irresistible characters and steamy and fulfilling sexy scenes.

A great read--highly recommend!
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~

Sweet, although likely forgettable, short story about a second chance at love.
Mudpie
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
A very short read and promising start to a series. I've read another book in the middle of the series and decided to start from #1.

I really want to like it but it bothered me a lot that after 11 years of heartbreak, Rebecca was ready to forgive Luke and jump his bones so quickly. Yes unbelievably she remained a virgin while he obviously was not...how unfair is that?!

What Luke went through was tragic. Sep 11 robbed him of his mother, sister and father in a way. He lost his
Barbara
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started this series years ago but never got it all, when my son gave me a gift certificate I knew I had to buy more in this series. The first book in the Always a Marine is the start of Mike's Place this is a short story to read. The first book is Rebecca Rainier and Luke Dexter's story. Luke has got the men and women from Mike's place to sign-up with Madam Eve's 1 Night Stand dating service. Luke walked away from Rebecca eleven years ago when he joined the Marines and he never stopped loving ...more
Mollie
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
The_Book_Queen
Originally posted on TBQ's Book

Palace

~*~*~*~

Usually novellas leave a reader hanging, wanting more. They're quickies meant to help tide you over until the next book in a series is out or to introduce you to a new author. Rarely have I seen a novella that offered much more than that—but I found it in Heather Long's newest novella, Once Her Man, Always Her Man!

Rebecca and Luke were childhood friends and highschool sweethearts. They were crazy for each other—up until the last part of
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

September 11, 2001 changed many people's lives. Not only were thousands killed, but the effects of their loss reached countless family and friends. Two such people were Luke Dexter and Rebecca Rainier.

Luke lost his mother and sister on a plane that fateful day, but the ripple effect caused much more loss. His father reenlisted in the military, and after earning his GED, Luke signed up for the Marines, determined to avenge the loss of his family. T
Danielle
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Oh my, but I loved this story. I'm mad it wasn't any longer but that's just because I wasn't ready to be done with Luke and Rebecca. Normally I'm not the biggest fan of short stories, they just always feel rushed or as if things are missing. That was definitely not the case with this one. The author was able to make it feel like a complete story. I especially loved that we were able to see glimpses of the characters pass. I felt it just ad
Melissa
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Can Madame Eve bring two high school sweethearts together again after he breaks her heart when he enlists and leaves her to fight after 9/11?
Luke Dexter lost his mother and sister in the terrorist attack on the United States that fateful September day. His father was a marine through and through and re-enlisted to fight his own demons and to avenge his family. Luke also enlists but doesn’t bother to talk about his decision with his girlfriend. In fact, he decides to break her heart. Luke i
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sarah's Review:
I re-read this story today so that I could post a review for it and I remember why I fell in love with this series. What drew me in from the beginning was that it was about Marines because I think Marines are sexy and I wanted to read more. However, this story provided me a different view of the United States Marine Corps.

Luke's business plan to open Mike's Place is part of the reason that he returned home to Texas. Rebecca was the other part of that reason.

Luke follows th
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I think technically this book was intended to be classified as an erotica story, being that it's part of the 1 Night Stand series. However, the story lacked the ummmm pre-requisites of that for me. However it was a sweet story of high school sweethearts who were separated and then found each other again.

I always enjoy a second chance story. Everything was going well for me here. Rebecca was being fixed up with the 1 Night Stand service for
Cocktails and Books
High school sweethearts ripped apart by the events of 9/11 are reunited eleven years later in this edition to the 1NightStand series.

Luke Dexter signs up with 1NightStand to show his men what you should try to do in order to reconnect with with civilian life. When Madame Eve sends him a text message to tell him what his date would be wearing and that this was his second chance, he wasn't sure what to think. But when he spies the woman in green at the bar, he's transported back eleven
Bookish Michelle
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love the way the author included a little back story to offer glimpses into the characters' past and what happened to them. Rebecca's heart was broken eleven years ago by her boyfriend who left her to join the Marines. It came to a shock for her when he simply told her about his plans without consulting her. She sent him letters even after he was gone but the moment she found out that he did came back for a little while without looking for her, she stopped sending any to him.

Luke left for a rea
Jen
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant to start the "Always a Marine" series by Heather Long because of the number of books that were already part of it. Since each one appeared to be a stand-alone, I decided to just go ahead and read the first one and lo and behold, it was really quick read! Hahaha! And here I was thinking that I was going to finally get over my novella kick. ^.^

"Once Her Man, Always Her Man" was short but was chock-full of what you would find in a standard novel-length book. The story about s
Mariana Bezerra
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
Read this review on my blog! --> Once Her Man, Always Her Man by Heather Long

This is not my first read in this series, but don’t worry they are all good stand-alone. Several short books with very spicy encounters. I love a good erotica, but these books are mostly all about a good sex and a fun night.

These one was actually a good surprise because the two characters had a relationship while in high school and previously had feelings for each other. Rebecca is very successful in
Jennifer Crump
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a really easy and quick read but a very good one. Luke and Rebecca were high school sweet hearts until that terrible day of September 11th, 2001. Luke lost his mother and sister on those deadly flights that day. He also lost his father in way because he could not cope with the loss of his beloved wife and daughter. Luke’s father was a former Marine, who re-enlisted after that fateful day. Luke followed in his father’s footsteps, enlisting in the Marines and leaving his life in Texas to ...more
The BookChick
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Rating: ★★★★

Book Description:

Rebecca Rainier fell in love with Luke Dexter in high school and was crushed when he dumped her to join the Marines after 9/11. Set up on a 1Night Stand by her business partner, nothing could prepare Rebecca for who her date is.

Can Luke and Rebecca/>Book
MARQUETTA
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
I love second chance romance stories and Once Her Man Always Her Man definitely fits the bill. Luke and Rebecca were high school sweethearts. Everything in their lives were perfect until 9/11 happened. Luke joins the Marines and leaves Rebecca behind, heartbroken. Ten years later, Luke returns and realizes that his feelings for Rebecca never faded.

I thought that Luke and Rebecca's story was sweet, poignant and sexy. I liked how despite this being a novella, the author was able to pro
ツ Renée
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military
A great second chance story!

Luke, during a tragic and painful time in his life, made a decision that broke his heart and the girl he loved. It wasn’t a matter of right or wrong, he just didn’t handle it well. Then, he was a boy finding his way. Eleven years later, he was a man staring down the consequences of that decision – trying to make things right.

I enjoyed the emotion and the heat between him and Becca – and the back story that lays the foundation for the upcoming books. I’m v
Nadine Bookaholic
Words: 11,540

This was a great quick read. Luke enlisted when he was 18 shortly after his mother and sister were killed in one of the planes that crashed into the world trade buildings on 9/11. He broke up with his girlfriend Rebecca so she wouldn't wait for him to return just in case he didn't. Very sad beginning but they get their second chance at love.
Sweet, sad, steamy, second chance at love...this quick read had all of them in spades.
Jessica Subject
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love reading the 1Night Stand series, and some of the stories touch me more than others. This is one of those stories. Heather Long brought tears to my eyes early on in the story. This is a sweet and very sexy story. I am anxious to read more from Heather Long, especially in the Always a Marine series.
Nina Daguman
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
At first, I thought this was going to be similar to the precious lace series. Thank goodness each book has a separate and stand-alone story.

This is such a sweet story of high school sweethearts torn apart by the 9/11 tragedy, who were given a chance to work their issues out. It wasn't a dirty and manipulative story. A short and interesting read.

• Intergalactic Heat (1Night Stand Collection)
  • Sweet Irish Kiss (Irish Kisses, #1)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Somewhere in Between (1Night Stand, #35)
  • Coyote Heat (SEALs On Fire #1)
  • Broken (1Night Stand, #100)
  • Cinderella Wore Combat Boots (1Night Stand, #31)
  • Amber Moon (Prides of the Moon, #1; 1NS)
  • Dagger's Edge (SEALs On Fire #2)
  • One Letter (One Soldier, #1)
  • Sapphire (Facets of Passion #1)
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • The Virgin and the Playboy (1Night Stand, #2)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • One Night With a Wolf (1Night Stand, #12; Johnson Werewolves, #1)
  • Vaempires: Revolution (The Evolutionary War #1)
  • Flesh and Feathers (The Flesh Series #1)
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
USA Today bestselling author Heather Long likes long walks in the park, science fiction, superheroes, Marines, and men who aren’t douche bags. She writes snarky women tangled in romance as hot as Texas summertime. From paranormal historical westerns to contemporary military romance, Heather might switch genres, but one thing is true in all of her stories—the characters drive the books. When she’s ...more

Always a Marine (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Retreat Hell! She Just Got Here (Always a Marine, #2)
  • Tell It To The Marine (Always A Marine, #3)
  • Proud to Serve Her (Always a Marine, #4)
  • Her Marine (Always a Marine, #5)
  • No Regrets, No Surrender (Always a Marine, #6)
  • The Marine Cowboy (Always a Marine, #7)
  • The Two and the Proud (Always a Marine, #8)
  • A Marine and a Gentleman (Always a Marine, #9)
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Always a Marine, #10)
  • Combat Barbie (Always a Marine,  #11)