Start by marking “The Secrets of the Vanmars (Argetallam Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secrets of the Vanmars (Argetallam Saga, #2)

The Secrets of the Vanmars

(Argetallam Saga #2)

After her adventures with the Key of Amatahns, sixteen-year-old Janir Caersynn Argetallam returns home to find Brevia on the brink of war with a neighboring country, Stlaven. Her foster-father and even Saoven—a brave young elf warrior—think it will be safe at the castle where Janir grew up. However, while trying to unravel a looming mystery, Karile—self-taught wizard and J ...more
Published May 15th 2012 by Chengalera Press (first published May 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets of the Vanmars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets of the Vanmars

Start your review of The Secrets of the Vanmars (Argetallam Saga, #2)
Justin
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If anyone was to tell me that younger writers can't compete with older writers I would have to say they are wrong. Elisabeth is only 16 and she writes outstanding fantasy books. If you saw my review to the first book in this series you would know that I loved it and this second installment only reinforces that. I feel like Fantasy is really hard for anyone to write, regardless of how old the person is. To be able to create an entire world and really make it feel unique is something I could never ...more
Sarah Elizabeth
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
(I was given a digital copy of this book for free, by the author, on a read-to-review basis.)
This is the second book in the Argetallam Saga.
Three weeks have passed since the end of the events in ‘The Key of Amatahns’, and Janir is now on her way to Saaradan, to meet with her foster father – Armandius. Unfortunately her half-brother has also survived his wounds, and has made it back to ……

Janir makes it to Saaradan, and is reunited with Armandius, the man who she wishes was her real father. She e
Cecilia (rather barefoot than bookless)
4.5 stars!

I really enjoyed reading this second book in the Argetallam Saga. It was a great read and just as intriguing and exciting as the first book in the saga. There is also more romance in this book which I love. This book is filled with exciting mysteries, action, love and a lot of humor and we have the best friend Karile to thank for that.

If you´ve read the first book in this series you know that Janir struggles with her past and the fact that she is an Argetallam and not just that she is
Georgiann Hennelly
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I recieved an e-book copy from the author. Thank you Very much. This is the second book in the series. Even though this is a young adult book i truly enjoyed it. The friends and the action. You also learn more about Janir and her past. This is a very well written book with an easy to follow story line.You have wizards and warriors, dwarves and elfs. A truly fascinating read for people of all ages.I can,t wait for the next installment in the series to see what happens next.
Katelyn (Tales of Books and Bands)
This was such a fun, fast-paced, high fantasy novel! I was instantly drawn into the Ja1nir’s crazy life and Elisabeth’s writing kept me so invested throughout the entire book

Now before I really get going on this review, let me start by saying that I did not read the first book before reading this one. This did cause for a bit of confusion especially when it came to the world that Elisabeth created but I was able to catch on fast and still enjoy the book.

Janir has just been through an adventure o
Eli Hinze
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
To read this review and many more, visit my blog!

I will no longer be buying the Argetallam saga's eBooks. I'll be buying the paperbacks to add to my very own library collection, where I only keep books I truly adore. This series is one of the better ones I've come across in quite some while, and I don't even like High Fantasy.

As for the characters, Janir is as fantastic as ever, taking action as a strong, realistic female lead. She's selfless, feisty and quick-thinking all at once. While there
Clara
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Secrets of the Vanmars is a novel I wished I read earlier when I first received the book. I was very hesitant to read it because I am not that big of a fan of fantasy novels. I didn't have much of a standard when I started reading the novel, but it blew my mind with the characters and expansive world Janir lives in.

Elisabeth Wheatley is the youngest author that I have ever read and she could go for thirty if I didn't know ahead of time. Her writing wasn't a novice and she used her words car
Intisar Khanani
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic-fantasy
For my review of Book 1 of the Argetellam Saga (The Key of Amatahns), go here. Warning: if you haven’t read The Key of Amatahns, you are about to see some spoilery. So, go read Book 1 now!

I started this book ready for an enjoyable read, and I wasn’t disappointed. As with many second books in a series, the story is a little slow to get started–kind of. The prologue, featuring Janir’s half-brother Lucan, sucked me right in. And, being a follower of Ms. Wheatley’s pinterest boards, I was excited to
Karen
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Wheatley's writing style is wonderful, every word she writes is like magic. And the book was very good, nothing big happened. Something that I thought was strange, since this was the second book. The action started almost right a way in the first, so I thought the same would happen here. I actually have to admit, even though Elisabeth write beautiful, then this book was kind of boring. I was disappointed because the action didn't stared before at the end of the book.

But on the positive side whe
Sheri
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Secrets of the Vanmars (Argetallam Saga, #2)Elisabeth Wheatly
Fantasy/Adventure

Janir is a 16 year old girl who lives with her step father. She returns home to find a war is brewing nearby. She sets off with Karile (her best friend who happens to be a wizard) and Saoven (an elf warrior). They face many obstacles and dangerous creatures during this quest, but she is determined to find the truth. Her childhood home is in danger and she must face the most powerful family of all , the Vanmars.

I lo
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Miss Clark
Julie Powell
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was sent this by the author for review.

This is the second book in the series and it didn't disappoint. I'm a sucker for magic and this was full of all the right characters - elves, wizards etc - set within an enchanted world where there was no shortage of action and adventure.

I don't give spoilers, but will say that it is a well told tale, and I like the way each story gives way to the next.

Very good.
Jessica
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Second book to the series wasn't bad. I enjoyed the action the friendships, learning more about Janir and her past. Kinda wish that something big would have happened that would have left me speechless. Nevertheless, Karile still remains my favorite character I love the way he's written, someone has to deliver the well timed funny lines!
Michele(mluker) Luker
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review to come
ephrielle
Oct 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I was often confused during this book. For instance, I couldn't understand the relationship between Lucan and Janir. There were some tidbits related but they didn't seem enough to paint a picture. There are several other things that never made much sense to me. Thankfully confusion was the worst I suffered in this book. It is fairly well written especially considering the age of the author. I think this is a good sign of books to come. The story is very imaginative. I did struggle to understand ...more
Mallory Farnham
Some of you may remember my review of book #1, The Key of Amatahns that I posted last year. I loved it and had high hopes for the sequel. Hint: I was not disappointed! ^_^

After the intense, dangerous adventures that took place in book #1, we now find Janir and her friends returning to her home, Green Haven. Unfortunately home won't be quite as peaceful as they hope, nor will the journey be either.

This is only the second installment and I'm already hooked on this series! Wheatley has a great sen
Once
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book to this series was excellent like the first book. It has suspense from the beginning to the very end. Janir the main character thinks she is safe back home with her master , her elf Saoven, and her crazy wizard friend Karlie. When she gets home she finds out if she is going to be killed or be safe again when she has to go in front of the kings. She finds out she is safe one more time. Plus she finds out that her country is on the brink of a war with another country. Along the way ...more
Kaitlyn
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very exciting story! I love this author and her stories. Overall, the book was really great. I look forward to the next in the series. Saoven and Janir and Karile are all wonderful characters and their stories are very interesting.
Lena
Fleesha
May 07, 2013
Nicole
Jun 25, 2012
Elisabeth Wheatley is a fantasy author because warrior princess wasn’t an option. She loves tea and asking questions.

Argetallam Saga (7 books)
  • The Key of Amatahns (Argetallam Saga, #1)
  • The Chalice of Malvron (Argetallam Saga, #3)
  • The Temple of Tarkoth (Argetallam Saga, #4)
  • The Lord of Adasha (Argetallam Saga, #5)
  • The Ruin of Staspin (Argetallam Saga #6)
  • The Heir of Argetallams (Argetallam Saga #7)