Start by marking “The Reunion” as Want to Read:
The Reunion

The Reunion

(Secret Mother's Business #2)

It's been ages since Jo, Helen, Ereka and CJ first became friends through their mothers' group-back then, life revolved around their small children. Now their kids are pre-teens and teenagers with attitudes, iPods and raging hormones, and life is feeling emptier for some mothers, more liberating for others.
While away together in an old country house with a couple of new fr
Published April 26th 2012 by Allen & Unwin Australia

To ask other readers questions about The Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reunion

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
It's been six years since the women introduced in Secret Mothers' Business: One Night, Eight Women, No Kids, No Holding Back have managed to get away for a weekend. Not everyone from the original group has been able to make it but Jo, Helen, Ereka and CJ are joined by friends, Maeve, Summer and Virginia in the large rented country house. Over the course of the weekend, the seven women share wine, food, laughter, tears, secrets and truths, as they candidly discuss men, marriage, children, sex, mo ...more
Sami
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Msdot
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There were so many interesting and beautiful quotes about motherhood in the book. The author put words into feelings and experience of motherhood like no other author had done. I really enjoyed reading the book, and often find myself scrambled for pen and paper to jott down what i read, so i can reflect on it and share it later.

It was funny and beautifully written, and i bet any mothers who read this book can identify with some or most of the things written in this book about what motherhood wa
May
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Didn't have much expectation when I started but changed my mind pretty quickly. The story was easy to read yet with many interesting and thought-provoking ideas to consider. As mothers, we all look forward to the days when our lives become our own again, yet for some of us, that day may never come. What then? Author had a way with words which means many quotable moments in the book. Will definitely be on a look out for more of her books.
Domika
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013, 5, humor
Hlavními hrdinkami této povedené knihy je sedm žen, které už mají nejlepší léta za sebou. První příznaky stárnutí se objevují a naše hrdinky se bojí, že už nikdy nebudou vypadat jako za svých mladých let. Jejich děti jim přece neustále připomínají, že jsou už důchodci, naprostí staříci, kteří nemají páru o moderním světě.
A tak se Jo, Helena, Erika, CJ se rozhodly, že pozvou své další kamarádky - Maeve, Summer a Virginii, a udělají si pořádnou dámskou jízdu bez otravných dětí a manželů.

"Koukni na
Butterblume
Meinung
Ein gutes Buch für die Generation ab 30.

Charaktere
In endlich "Endlich wieder Weiberabend" treffen verschiedene Frauen in einer Villa aufeinander um sich mal ein paar Tage Auszeit vom Ehe -und Mutteralltag zu gönnen.
Alle Frau haben sich im wesentlichen voneinander unterschieden, die eine hat ein paar mehr Kinder, die andere nur eins, die eine hat Figurprobleme die andere nicht usw.
Weiter werde ich die Charaktere nicht erläutern denn bevor die Handlung beginnt findet ihr von jeder Person ei
The Bookish  Gardener
Dec 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
I've been wanting to read this book for ages, having seen it on the library shelves.
Finally, I got my chance. I thought, 'Great.' I liked the premise, the cover, the concept of a group of predominantly old friends (and some new) getting together for a weekend away without partners or kids.
And some of the writing in the early stages was so clever, touching. It was so full of promise.
And here's the but .. but the characters and their conversations and their nastiness and snide comments and lack of
Linda Jaejoong
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-until-2019
Nicht nur was für Frauen ab 40!!! Ich gebe zu ich konnte zwar keine der 7 Frauen leiden, Gott sie sind so schrecklich, aber die Handlung ist richtig gut!! Jede Frau hat ihre Probleme und natürlich versuchen die Anderen mit ihren Ratschlägen der jeweiligen Frau zu helfen!!

Jeder weiß es natürlich besser, vor allem Jo, ich konnte sie gar nicht leiden!! Sie ist so schlimm, sie kommt mit ihren Kinder gar nicht zu recht, aber muss allen anderen sagen was sie in ihrem Leben falsch machen!!

Die Frauen z
Trina
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a VERY light read. More like reading a magazine. There is a book which precedes it by the same author called Secret Mother's Business which I haven't read but probably will as I also got it out of the library (but it arrived later hence reading out of order).

Not particularly well written but OK if you need a break from heavier books, which I did. Think it is best if you have kids of school age as you can relate to the subject matter.

I wouldn't pay for this book but would get it out of
Jaki
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I didn't love this as much as "secret mother's business", but I still loved it a lot. Joanne Fedler writes of the characteristics that we all see in our friends, or people we meet. The stories feel true, and possible.
My main sorrow about the book was not getting to find out what happened to all the people from the first book, and the change in relationships - not a weakness of the writing or story, but of my expectations that things should stay the same. Much more realistic than I could write,
Peta Chait
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
She writes like she is talking to you, loved this book, great for mothers with kids that are either teens or not needing you so much anymore or leaving home.
I could so relate and read late into the night.
Deirdre
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Very much chick lit. Light & enjoyable. A few too many characters - hard to keep track of, so had to refer to the legend at the start of the book a few times. Saw much of myself in the narrator, Jo.
Yali
Oct 28, 2013 rated it liked it
I loved the way this book was written. The author is hilarious! Not exactly a book I'd recommend to single, young girls. Based a lot on marriage, kids and relationships. A slow story with no big fire works but an enjoyable read.
Judith Yeabsley
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
There were some great lines in this book. It's a bunch of 40-ish women away for a weekend and was way too close to home on a lot of fronts. Really enjoyed it although it got a little preachy towards the end.
Caryn Sher
May 12, 2013
Ros
Sep 09, 2016
Mel Derek
rated it did not like it
Dec 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Joanne Fedler was born in South Africa. She studied at Yale and later moved to Australia where she still lives.

Secret Mother's Business (2 books)
  • Secret Mothers' Business: One Night, Eight Women, No Kids, No Holding Back