Start by marking “A Dog Named Leaf: The Hero from Heaven Who Saved My Life” as Want to Read:
A Dog Named Leaf: The Hero from Heaven Who Saved My Life

A Dog Named Leaf: The Hero from Heaven Who Saved My Life

Description:

A DOG NAMED LEAF is a New York Times Best Seller

A big-hearted and undeniably appealing memoir about a man and his dog. After authoring thirteen successful books that tell other people’s stories about the human-animal bond, Allen is ready to tell his own story—a remarkable journey with a highly intuitive but troubled dog who literally saved Allen’s life.

The Amer
Published November 6th 2012 by Globe Pequot / Lyons Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Dog Named Leaf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dog Named Leaf

Start your review of A Dog Named Leaf: The Hero from Heaven Who Saved My Life
Barbara
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It takes courage to share your story. I also think to share the deep love of a pet takes courage. The fact that Allen, being a man, shares his deepest fears and also his amazing love for Leaf makes this book truly inspiring. We've heard many stories of the connection between women and dogs, or children and pets, but to hear Allen share his deepest thoughts and biggest fears, as well as, his devotion and love for Leaf touched me deeply.

As I read the last page of his book I wanted to weep. I wante
Karen & Gerard
Leaf by Allen and Linda Anderson tells the true story of a man facing life-threatening brain surgery and the love and life lessons learns from his dog, Leaf. Leaf is an awesome dog! My dog, Abby, and Leaf would be good friends.

I found out about Leaf in my current issue of BEST FRIENDS magazine and LOVED it. If you have a dog, had a dog or are between dogs, you will be able to relate well to this book. For you it is a must read! God’s blessing to your wife and you, Mr. Anderson, and give Leaf a t
Ty Wilson
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoir, animals
I loved this book. It highlights something I've always believed, that there is far more going on in the mind of a dog than most people think. It's a terrific book for anyone that's ever had a rescue dog and knows the problems and pitfalls along that path, as well as the reward that awaits when you give your heart completely to a new dog. Allen Anderson's journey with Leaf is a wonderful story and I'm very happy that he chose to share it with us. ...more
Karen
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Any dog owner or animal lover can really understand the message that Allen is trying to purvey. There is a connection between animal and human albeit spiritual connection. The author is going through so many changes in his life and Leaf (his fur best friend) is his constant and keeps him grounded through his trials and triumphs. so heart-warming. Please read and just get that all-over good feeling too after finishing.
Peggy Frezon
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was thoroughly engaged by this story of mutual healing. Cocker Spaniel Leaf came into Allen's life at just the right time. As Leaf helps Allen deal with anxieties about his upcoming brain surgery, Allen gently helps Leaf transform from a fearful dog to a friendly, confident and happy companion. Lovely true tale. ...more
Marianne Jay
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have or have ever had a dog...this book is a must read. This book is about the spiritual connection that most of us have or have ever had with their canine companion. It is beautifully written and I loved it from the very first page to the very end.
Roberta Blythe
As a life-long dog owner, this book truly hit home! I love that the Anderson's shared their story and all the ways Leaf helped them all the while they were helping him. Highly recommend anyone who loves dogs - and wants to learn more about what they truly add to our lives! ...more
Kathy
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Uplifting story of man & dog!
Mrspam4ever
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
What a uplifting book! I cannot believe I won it. It reminded of my dog Raven who saved my son twice when he was between 2 & 3. Dogs bless our lives in so many ways:)
Jenna
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty Good

I enjoyed reading this book but I think it could have been a bit deeper emotionally for the reader. I liked this book and I would recommend it to all dog lovers!
Joeyr
very good
Nancy
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful insightful book

Loved it,could relate in so many ways.If you've ever loved a dog this is THE book for you.
What a little dog!
Carmen
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals
Throughly enjoyed reading this book. Although leaf came with baggage, his life with the Andersons improved all of their lives. His pictures reminded me of my wonderful cocker spaniel, Eddie, whom I dearly loved. But overall this is a story about how an animal can enrich and improve your life.
Dale Slive
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it
Michelle
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A truly inspirational story of an incredible dog and an incredible man. You'll read their story and find out how they came together and stay together. ...more
Dale V Koskowski
A must for all dog lovers who have rescued a less than perfect dog ❤️

What a wonderful book ! As someone who has had many rescues I appreciate how honestly this story is told!
Karen Harris
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book.

This was a great book. Leaf was a little feisty at first, until he realized that he needed the Anderson's as much as they need him to help heal them. It is amazing what animals and humans can accomplish when they set their minds to do just that.
Lynn Worton
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a touching and heartwarming story. I loved it!

I am not one for reading many true life stories, but when the author contacted me about reading this book, I decided to try it. I am glad I did. Unfortunately, due to my rather large reading list, it has taken me quite a while to get to read it, for which I am truly sorry.

This story took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. I am a highly emotional p
Jan 18, 2015 rated it did not like it
I love a good dog story --in memoir, fiction, or education. I began to have doubts about this one when the couple decided to go home and talk to their other animals before they decided to bring Leaf home from the animal shelter. Then when they tried to communicate with him through telepathy, I gave up on this book.
Dave Bensette
Feb 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Last Flight
  • The Housekeeper
  • Murder by Munchausen Future Crime Mysteries (Book 1): A Sci-Fi Police Procedural Techno-Thriller
  • The Mountains Sing
  • The Golden Lion (Courtney, #14)
  • Little Men
  • Signs: The Secret Language of the Universe
  • The Sound of Thunder / Cry Wolf
  • Summary of How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan
  • The Education of an Idealist: A Memoir
  • The Floor of Heaven: A True Tale of the Last Frontier & the Yukon Gold Rush
  • The Gilded Hour (The Waverly Place #1)
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?: And Other Questions About Dead Bodies
  • Scent of the Missing: Love and Partnership with a Search-And-Rescue Dog
  • The Possibility Dogs: What a Handful of "Unadoptables" Taught Me About Service, Hope, and Healing
  • Where the Lost Dogs Go: A Story of Love, Search, and the Power of Reunion
  • The Order (Gabriel Allon #20)
  • Everything Changes
New York Times Best-Selling authors, Allen and Linda Anderson, are pet experts, keynote speakers, and founders of the Angel Animals Network. They help people discover and benefit from the miraculous powers of animals.

Dedicated to promoting human-animal companionship, Allen and Linda donate a portion of proceeds from their work to animal rescue organizations and do fundraising activities.

The Anders