Start by marking “Timothy's Game” as Want to Read:
Timothy's Game

Timothy's Game

(Timothy Cone #2)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  685 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Timothy Cone, the unforgettable detective introduced in The Timothy Files, is back in action. The place is New York city -- deep in the underworld of big business. The game is greed -- a high-powered hotbed of scandals, scams, and gangland massacres. And Timothy Cone is the player who plans to blow it all wide open...
Published July 1st 1989 by Berkley (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Timothy's Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timothy's Game

Andrew Langert
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Lawrence Sanders was a popular mystery and suspense author who wrote over 40 books. He passed away in 1998. This novel was written in 1988.
This is actually three short stories, all featuring private investigator Timothy Cone. Timothy specializes in white collar criminal investigations. He is a rather drab person, no wife, no kids, only a cat in his tiny, dirty bachelor pad in New York.
The stories are all in a business setting. The first deals with insider trading, the second short-selling a stoc
Sean
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NYC in the 1980s great characters great stories

Lawrence sanders never won a Nobel or Man Booker, but he captured nyc in the 80s like no one else. His characters are great and the details bring you back to the good/bad old days.
Patty
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
great read
HBalikov
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Lawrence Sanders is the creator of Archie McNally, an offbeat soul in Palm Beach, Florida, whose adventures are light hearted and spoof the upper crust who populate that area. Timothy Cone is an offbeat soul in New York City whose adventures serve to throw light on the denizens of the Five Boroughs. There isn't much more to compare. I have enjoyed the former, less the latter.

Cone is an investigator for a firm that specializes in financial crime. He is good at his job. He lives in a walk-up in Ma
Dharia Scarab
Apr 12, 2014 rated it liked it

4 sta
John
Apr 03, 2016 added it
Sharon Storm
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Liked this collection of three stories about Timothy Cone, a private detective with a cat who has an interesting relationship with Samantha Whatley. Lawrence Sanders had a knack for creating main characters with rough edges whom you want to succeed. I've read many of his books and would recommend them to any mystery fan.
Gabrielle
This woman and this man come up with an idea to get married so that she can keep the company after her dad dies and he gets a share too. They are a bunch of mobsters and all they care about is getting there way and eating garlic salami.
J. Ewbank
Jun 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Another good one by Lawrence Sanders. Enjoy reading these books because they are well written.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Robin
Jul 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Interesting collection of semi-short stories about a Wall Street investigator. I find it hard to believe, though, that someone can drink quite as much as these characters do.
Puja
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wall Street investigator Timothy Cone solves three mysteries in this Sanders novel. All superb plots written really well as expected from the author. A fun and engrossing read.
Dorothy Caimano
Jun 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
A fun mystery.
Glenda Norton
Loved how Timothy fed his cat whatever he wanted!!!!! He really liked being a detective!!!! I will read this book again and again!!!!
Bill Donhiser
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
A hardboiled detective novel that combine's three stories in one. It is an enjoyable read but a far cry from the lighter and more humorous Archie McNally series that I have come to love.
Max Retsky
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Not my favorite of his. Read the McNally series.
Joni
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Richard
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, mystery
Better than I thought it would be.
Cws
Jul 09, 2013
Jimbo
rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2014
  • Burnt Bones  (Special X, #7)
  • The Viking Funeral (Shane Scully, #2)
  • Hunting Season
  • Kiss Them Goodbye (Bayou #3)
  • Run for Your Life
  • Depraved Indifference (Butch Karp, #2)
  • Fatal Flaw (Victor Carl, #3)
  • The Fifth Angel
  • She Loves Me Not
  • A Season In Hell
  • Homegoing
  • The Silent Cradle
  • The Blue Hour (Merci Rayborn, #1)
  • 27
There is more than one author with this name

Lawrence Sanders was the New York Times bestselling author of more than forty mystery and suspense novels. The Anderson Tapes, completed when he was fifty years old, received an Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America for best first novel. His prodigious oeuvre encompasses the Edward X. Delaney, Archy McNally, and Timothy Cone series, along with

Timothy Cone (2 books)