Start by marking “One Zentangle A Day: A 6-Week Course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun” as Want to Read:

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  1,307 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
One Zentangle A Day remains a preeminent, best-selling title, offering everything you need to know to get started, alongside the incredibly beautiful and inspiring artwork of author, Beckah Krahula. One Zentangle A Day is a beautiful interactive book teaching the principles of Zentangles as well as offering fun, related drawing exercises. Zentangles are a new trend in the ...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Quarry Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One Zentangle A Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Zentangle A Day

Karima
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good intro to the art of entangling. Like the day by day lessons. Took a star away because the illustrations/examples were somewhat confusing. The posted examples/guidelines/illustrations did not always match the directions.
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved working through this book. I've found a new meditative practice and this book provides wonderful guidance and photographs for inspiration.
Kate Arms
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is a good introduction to the Zentangle process of making interesting doodle - inspired drawings. It is NOT a 6-week course. It recommends more expensive materials than you need, but working with the recommended materials does yield worthwhile results.

I have been intrigued by Zentangle inspired art for some time and have been curious about the process of creating the shapes. After looking at many books, I chose this one because it seemed to have a good balance of how to draw the shapes
Apryl Anderson
Jul 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
False advertising! Working only 1 zentangle a day is like eating 1 potato crisp. In 6-weeks? Try 3 months. Okay, relaxation, inspiration, and fun? Score!

This is a beautifully organized method of teaching/learning basic elements of fine art & design: Line, contrast, tone, volume, balance, etc. Not even touching on color until after the firm foundation is established.

I've already recommended this book to several "I can't draw" friends, and used this idea as a craft for our kids' camp (A6 journ
Cynthia
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I haven't gone the full six weeks yet, but I'll mark this as "read" anyway. It's super. I love that I've been able to produce such good, cool-looking stuff without worrying about technique or going back and erasing everything I'm not satisfied with. I love how relaxed and ready-to-focus I feel after sitting down to do this for a half hour or so. It's definitely complemented my meditative practice.

I will note, though, that I've foregone the use of 'tiles' as it seems sort of arbitrary and my sket
Sandy Weir
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found this book at the local fabric/craft store and thought about it for a week (before returning to purchase it). Whew! It was still there waiting for me and my coupon! I have read through this book and found it to be outstanding. Krahula gives each tangle a step-by-step guide (easy to follow). This is a 6 week course, offering a new tangle each day.
Kate Pittman
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had no intention of following the exercises in this book, but that's what I ended up doing. I thoroughly enjoyed it and in my book anything that gets me sketching almost every day is a really good thing for me. I think I'm going to give this book as a gift to certain friends when their birthdays come around this year.
Karla Archer
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: creativity, art
This book is so well thought-out. Each day has 2 or 3 different tangles, and suggestions, tips, ideas and "assignments".
Fantastic book for anyone who enjoys doodling or drawing and wants to learn how to tangle.
Kristi
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really finished reading this quite a while ago, but I skipped the exercises near the end as I had kind of completed those skills in class I took from Tangled Ink Art.

After having checked out several Zentangle and Zendoodle books from my local library I declared this book to have the most value. This is especially true if you do not have access to a Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT) from which to take classes. I do think making time to work on the exercises daily is good practice, both for lear
Mo
Jul 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Contains intriguing Zentangle patterns & observations of depth/tone/modifications. Made me rethink how I draw & want to try some new techniques.

Disagree with the author's statement requiring only use of high quality tools & material in order to Zentangle. That's part of the beauty of Zentangle ~ you can even draw 'em on scraps of paper with just a basic ink pen!

Also, crucial beginning steps of how to draw certain tangle patterns seemed to be skipped.
Zentangle? 3 15 May 25, 2013 01:31PM
  • Joy of Zentangle: Drawing Your Way to Increased Creativity, Focus, and Well-Being
  • Totally Tangled: Zentangle and Beyond
  • Zentangle Untangled: Inspiration and Prompts for Meditative Drawing
  • The Art of Zentangle: 50 inspiring drawings, designs & ideas for the meditative artist
  • Zenspirations
  • Creative Doodling & Beyond: Inspiring exercises, prompts, and projects for turning simple doodles into beautiful works of art
  • A Life In Hand
  • Creative Lettering: Techniques  Tips from Top Artists
  • Art Lab for Kids: 52 Creative Adventures in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Paper, and Mixed Media-For Budding Artists of All Ages
  • Art at the Speed of Life: motivation + inspiration for making mixed-media art every day
  • Collage Lab: Experiments, Investigations, and Exploratory Projects
  • Art Journal Freedom: How to Journal Creatively with Color & Composition
  • The Art of Whimsical Lettering
  • Daring Adventures in Paint: Find Your Flow, Trust Your Path, and Discover Your Authentic Voice-Techniques for Painting, Sketching, and Mixed Media
  • No Excuses Art Journaling: Making Time for Creativity
  • Paint Lab: 52 Exercises inspired by Artists, Materials, Time, Place, and Method
  • Creative Illustration Workshop for Mixed-Media Artists: Seeing, Sketching, Storytelling, and Using Found Materials
  • Journal Fodder 365: Daily Doses of Inspiration for the Art Addict
“There are no mistakes in Zentangle, so there is no need for an eraser. If you do not like the look of a stroke you have made, it then becomes only an opportunity to create a new tangle, or transform it using an old trusty pattern. A Zentangle tile is meant to be a surprise that unfolds before the creator's eyes, one stroke at a time.” 3 likes
“Keep creating, it will change your life.” Not only does creating add beauty to your life, but also it improves our attitude and personal outlook.” 2 likes