Start by marking “Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady (Viking, #3)” as Want to Read:
Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady (Viking, #3)

Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady (Haardrad Family #3)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  7,030 Ratings  ·  181 Reviews
Buku 3 Trilogi Viking Haardrad

Lord Viking yang tampan, Selig Haardrad, dicurigai sebagai mata-mata dan dimasukkan ke penjara bawah tanah milik Lady Erika di Gronwood. Kondisinya yang terluka parah dan demam tinggi tidak menghentikan penyiksaan yang diberikan kepadanya. Satu hal yang membuat Selig bertahan dari semua siksaan itu: pembalasan dendam!

Mengetahui keberadaan Seli
Published April 12th 2012 by PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surrender My Love - Menaklukkan Sang Lady

⚔ Sh3lly ⚔
Look at this cover. He's wearing nothing but Santa boots!

I found this at a thrift store today and OH YES, I will be reading this. (Or trying to.) It seems to be a very offensive tropey romance - but with a Viking! #resistanceisfutile

Kat Desi
While on a journey, Selig Haardrad and his party were ambushed where he took a blow to the head. He stumbled into an Estate to seek aid, but he was accused a spy and when he offended the Lady Erika of Gronwood with his bold proposals, she ordered him to be lashed. Dealing with a head injury, a raging fever as well as enduring the lashing while she watched and laughed, he vowed to seek revenge. When her sister came to rescue him, they took Lady Erika with them and she would be his slave.

I really
Brandi
Sep 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found a copy of this for sale at the library and had to have it. I cut my romance reading teeth on Johanna Lindsey. My first was Savage Thunder and I think I read that book in the dark a thousand times.
Lindsey's Viking series set the bar; I compare all other novels of the same subject to hers. These were books where you could really judge by the cover. Those covers made Fabio famous and women everywhere very, very happy.

In this book, Selig is looking for revenge against the Danish Erika for ord
Laura V.
Compré El Camino del Amor y me enviaron este. No supieron darme el otro así que me puse a leerlo para deliberar si tenía que enojarme por la equivocación o sentirme feliz de haber encontrado la historia de mi vida. (JA)

Este libro es mediocre:

1) La primera mitad del libro está contado bajo la luz de la familia de Selig (Kristen y Royce, Brenna y Garrick) condimentado con el juicio de amigos de los personajes como Ivarr o Thoralf. La cosa es que todo el mundo ODIA A ERIKA. LA QUIEREN MUERTA. Si pu
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... [image error]

Bintang 5?? Definitely!!!

Love the Story.. Love the Character.. Love the sense of Humour.. Love the Book!! and of course.. LOVE SELIG!! hohohooh... [image error]

Bagi yg dah baca buku pertama dan kedua nya.. Pasti mengenal Selig ini Siapa.. yak.. Dialah Anak Laki - laki Brenna-Garrick dan kakak Lali-laki tersayang Kristen.. hmm.. hmm... [image error]

di buku k2.. Selig sempet hilang di serang perampok yg kemudian di to
Lelyana's Reviews
Well...ok..gak terlalu terkesan di banding 2 buku lainnya... [image error]

Buat jaman tahun 800an, rasanya ajaib aja ada lelaki berwajah malaikat...yang ssaking cakep nya sampe semua perempuan gak sanggup menolak..
Untunglah ada Erika , satu nya yg menolak Selig...hahahhaah..kena batu nya dia [image error]

Adegan fight nya ga terlalu seru juga, malah menyebal kan banget sama budak yg sok cantik gak tau diri membuat pengen nabok [image error]
Tapi itu justru yang bikin aku salut sama tante JL, bisa
Erin
Really good book by Johanna Lindsey.I preferred 'Hearts Aflame' to this one but i love how Selig couldn't hurt Erika, no matter how hard he tired.Even though he always threatened to-had some really funny bits were I out right giggled.
I loved the cameo, at the start, of Kristen and Royce. We see how they are getting on and how their lives and children have grow(children who adore their uncle Selig)
Erika is strong willed but very naive and sometime i couldn't respect her- she is very rash-her bein
Maureen Feeney
Feb 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Selig's story.

Selig Haardrad is a gorgeous viking that while on a mission he is attacked. Ill and looking for help he is held prisoner and whipped in Lady Erika's dungeon. When his sister Kristen comes to get him released he tells her to kidnap Lady Erika as he wants revenge.The whole story is based around Selig's thirst for revenge.

Whats I loved is the characters from the other two books are here throughout the entire story . Maybe I was expecting too much from Selig's story but I found the en
Chitra *CJ*
"Surrender My Love" is the story of Viking Selig and Dane Lady Erika.
After the amazing "Hearts Aflame", I was super excited for Selig's book, Kristen's brother.
The plot: While on a mission, Selig is captured and wounded. When he goes to the Danes for him, they mistake him for a spy and because of "someone", he gets tortured.
As his identity is discovered and he is rescued by his sister, to retaliate he kidnaps his now "enemy", Lady Erika and thus begins the journey of humiliation.
Now if you compa
L.   (Super Easy. Barely An Inconvenience.)
1.5 stars. Really wish GoodReads would get on that half-star bandwagon.

I've read Lindsey before so I know what and what not to expect, but this book was so tedious. Usually I can swim through one of her works but I had to take SML in tiny increments. I blame it on a combination of nothing happening and Lindsey feeling she has to constantly remind the reader of just how handsome the hero is. It's like all the characters belonged to a cult that worshipped nothing but Selig's looks. If you dared to
Judy
Oct 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3: Surrender My Love
Selig Haardrad is the son of Garrick & Brenna from book one. Selig agrees to go to East Anglia to interpret Celtic for an old bishop. On the way the men are ambushed. Selig was left to die. When some scavengers find him alive they tend him for awhile. When left on his own he wanders about and ends up at the gates of Lady Erika of Gronwood. Assuming he a spy rather than a man in pain and fevered, he is thrown in her dungeon.
When he is able to escape he takes Erika as
Vann
this story is amazing, so funny yet so heart wrenching.. but it's too quickly ended.. there's much more lindsey can do to finish this story..

anyway the character i love the most surprisingly is not the hero or the heroine,.. it is turgeis ten feet.. erika's shadow... he is the most loyal, caring, n loving friends i have known.. it's wonderful to know that in the end, turgeis found his own happiness.. i really happy for him..
Jaime
Nov 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stupid name but awesome book
Elaine
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am beginning to think this author can't write a bad book. Really liked this one.
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Τρίτο και τελευταίο βιβλίο στη σειρά "Φλογεροί Βίκινγκς", "Η αιχμάλωτη του βορρά" έρχεται ένα κλείσει ένα ερωτικό, περιπετειώδη κύκλο στα... βόρια, με την σκυτάλη του επικεφαλή Βίκινγκ να περνάει στα χέρια του Σέλιγκ, του ρωμαλέου αδερφού της Κρίστεν που γνωρίσαμε στο προηγούμενο βιβλίο και που, καταφέρνοντας ν' απελευθερωθεί τα δεσμά της φυλακής του -στην οποία βρέθηκε με άδικες κατηγορίες εις βάρος του-, αποφασισμένος να εκδικηθεί, απαγάγει τη λαίδη Έρικα, με τους ρόλους ν' αντιστρέφονται σ' έ ...more
Chandra
AUTHOR: JOHANNA LINDSEY is a Romance, Historical Fiction, Fantasy writer. Book (1) FIRES OF WINTER took you from the Celtics of Wales to the Vikings of Norway. Book (2) HEARTS AFLAME from the Vikings of Norway to the Saxons of Wessex. This book SURRENDER MY LOVE from Saxons of Wessex to East Anglia the home of Danes & Saxons

SEXUAL EXPLICITNESS ***compared to the previous two books, this was LightWeight
** (marital relationship) “….his manhood was revealed….” (and) “….pleasure drawn from each
Amanda
Feb 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book really takes me back. Surrender My Love is the first romance novel I ever read. Previously, I had read YA paranormal, but one summer I was super board, home alone, and came upon this book. I've always loved history, especially the Viking period, and decided to give this a try. My affair with romance novels, historical or otherwise, has been going strong ever since.
Surrender My Love is the third installment and is one of my favorite romances of all time.
The deliciously sexy, dark, and s
Jane Stewart
This book was ok, average at best.

Surrender My Love is book #3 in the Viking series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I recommend reading Hearts Aflame (book #2) first. The characters in Hearts Aflame have a significant role in this book and it’s nicer to have read their story first. Besides, Hearts Aflame is a much better book.

This was an odd relationship. Selig wandered to Erika’s home asking for help. He wasn’t being himself due to injuries and fever. Erika had him lashed. He is soon resc
Gardavson
Eh, it was ok. I had higher expectations for it because I liked the first one and, well, he keeps her in chains - I mean, come on, that could go SO many places. But, it didn't. And I was disappointed.
❆ Crystal ❆
Yes please. 5 stars. I liked all the books in this series. This was a great book. This whole series deals with slavery, but I thought it was ok as I'm sure it was extremely common and it didn't bother me.
Read again 1/12/15 and enjoyed it once again.
Isabel Luna
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tenía muchas expectativas con este libro porque había leído los dos anteriores; pero no alcanzó. Estuvo sí mucho mejor que Fuegos de Invierno aunque muy por debajo de Corazones en llamas. Por alguna razón el amor/odio de Selig y Erica no convence del todo aunque rescato que el libro va más por la comedia romántica que por el drama romántico con varias escenas que por lo menos te arrancan una sonrisa. El final muy bueno, aunque un poco vertiginoso y termina demasiado pronto.
Zeek
*re-read*

Selig the Blessed had always had every woman wrapped around his finger- heck even while knocked unconscious after a being ambushed on the way to do King Alfred’s business, a woman took care of him. But all of that changed when he awakens alone and far from his home and taken prisoner.

Lady Erica of Gronwood had no idea the mess that just entered her well-ordered world when she is called down to confront a prisoner being held in her brother’s dungeon. Angered by the prisoners arrogance a
Charlie Gray
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vikings, kidnapping
Hmm it's really hard to try and review this book as frankly I could not decided whether I like it or not.

I feel I have to break down each story to give a proper review...

This is the last of the series and overall have been very good. Brenna and Garricks story had a beautiful setting, bodice ripper feel to the story but a very annoying heroine.

Royce and Kristen gave me butterflies, I loved Kristen and wished it were just 3 books for this couple, what a great story

Now this book no.3 is Selig (Bren
Vasilena
Honestly Selig is having it a little too easy here in Wessex of the Middle Ages. He is incredibly tall/ dark/ handsome/ successful/ great warrior / insert more ... but despite all that he is humble and all that (right). Okay, scratch that - he is not humble at all and as he fall into an unfortunate situation and needs to reason with the lady of the castle which he comes upon .. he bungles it terribly and she punishes him instead of helping. Of course he is raving mad at her (she doesn't worship ...more
Hajar Qurashi
May 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Natalie
I was so disappointed in this book especially after having enjoyed the other 2 books in this series. Erika was a good character but my problem was with Selig. I had liked his character in the last book alot but was disappointed by him in this one. Selig's family too. They are supposed to all have a good relationship with each other and It was quite clear Selig's behaviour was out of character for him. His family obviously didn't agree with his treatment of Erika. However, none of them took a han ...more
✿❤~m49913~❤✿
SAMoC.

From enemy become husband-wife. Because of misunderstanding and both of them must suffer. But in the end, the truth came out with typical Ms Lindsey's writing pattern and with some humor inside.

D.C.A. Savia
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • Golden Surrender (Viking, #1)
  • Season of the Sun (Viking, #1)
  • The Dragon Lord
  • Promise of the Rose (deWarenne Dynasty, #2)
  • Velvet Angel (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Quadrilogy #4)
  • Enchanted (Medieval, #3)
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • His Wicked Promise (MacKay, #2)
  • The Dragon and the Jewel (Medieval Plantagenet #2)
  • Fairest of Them All
  • Lie Down In Roses
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey

Haardrad Family (3 books)
  • Fires of Winter (Haardrad Viking Family, #1)
  • Hearts Aflame (Haardrad Viking Family, #2)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Calico Palace: A Novel (Open Road)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Seeing Red
    $9.99 $2.99
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Trouble (St. James, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1)
  • Absolution
    $3.99 $1.99
  • My Dearest Love (Longing for Home)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Choices (The Love's Valley #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Secrets in Summer: A Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Walkin' on Clouds (Angels & Outlaws, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1)
  • OBSESSION
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Chances (The Love's Valley #3)
  • Nearlyweds
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Sweet Resolve (Lucky, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Promises (The Love's Valley #5)