Start by marking “F**K It Therapy: The Profane Way to Profound Happiness” as Want to Read:
F**K It Therapy: The Profane Way to Profound Happiness

F**K It Therapy: The Profane Way to Profound Happiness

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  494 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
If every therapist and psychotherapist on the planet could repeat this to their clients, like a mantra, again and again, there would be fewer therapists and psychotherapists. Because it works. Very quickly. Realising that what you're worrying about and stressing over doesn't really matter so much in the grand scheme of things is the door to freedom and healing. And the lit ...more
Published November 20th 2012 by Hay House (first published 2012)

Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm not quite sure what to make of this book. On one hand, I feel that Parkin (and his wife, who worked on this book with him) took a simple idea that essentially wasn't terribly difficult to grasp and piled on a bunch of unnecessary layers. Why? Cynical me says, "Well, duh, to sell another book and to hawk their retreats and their website and his music and whatever other accoutrements they can because, hey, that's what people do with 'self-help breakthroughs' these days--take a pretty basic not ...more
Andy Nieradko
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
F**k it Therapy by John C. Parkin is going to help a lot of people. Wherever you are in life, you know that stress has a stranglehold on a great number of us. Not good, considering stress is the number one killer nowadays. John offers many techniques to help you escape from the self imposed prisons we check ourselves into. The prisons of fear, self-doubt, perfectionism and many more are looked at in great detail. I found the sections dealing with the ancient art of qigong particularly refreshing ...more
Heather H
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I went on a f**k it week around 3 years ago
A year ago I left my well paid job and career to try to do something more fun
I've had lots of fun but haven't found the way to turn this into a living, much less the motivation to start a business. So I was wavering a needed a boost. Reading this has reminded me of a lot of good stuff. I won't say that I should or shouldn't be doing. But it was relaxing to read in a few hot summer days while chilling in my garden not worrying about the rapid depletion o
Mark Evans
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great book for those of us stuck worrying about things that are not really important in the grand scheme of things. Just say F**kIt and see what happens. More importantly buy this book and see how much it will change your life like it has mine.
I have all of John's books and have even had the great pleasure to meet him as well. I have even purchased his first book for a friend who was going through some difficult times. He loved it and it has really helped him like John's books have helped me.
Dec 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Couldn't give it 3.5 stars hence the more conservative 3 star. Nothing new if someone is already initiated in the Great Eastern Philosophical Thought schools. At times feels excessively juvenile, but well, fuck it.
Nov 15, 2012 rated it liked it
"F**k It (fuk-eet): to let go by realizing that causes of worry, distress, and pain don't matter so much in the grand scheme of things."

So many of us live in prisons of our own making—prisons of perfectionism, fear (that's a big one), self-doubt, or . . . well, it's a long list. These prisons of our own making are not real. We build them in our minds, and because we build them, we also have the power to say F**k It and blow the walls down.

John Parkin and his wife Gaia use humour and an easy styl
Aug 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
My mother always said that people show their IQs with how they speak and that vulgarity shows a poor vocabulary. I never bought into that theory. I am a psychologist, with a Ph.D., who graduated from a seminary, who often sounds like she spent time as sailor. So, when I saw a book called Fuck It Therapy, I assumed it was right up my alley. Unfortunately, I did not find that to be the case. It started with the need to do away with the asterisks in the word Fuck. On the cover, it might have been c ...more
Shawn  Stone
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Combining ideas from Buddhism, nihilism, stoicism, Taoism, and minimalism, "Fuck It Therapy" reads like a version of Fight Club Lite, minus the fisticuffs. Parkin, a former London marketing executive argues that the complexity of life and our accompanying thoughts, routines and goals creates our own unique prisons. Saying ‘fuck it” and surrendering to the path of least resistance is a profound, simple and liberating alternative to freeing ourselves from that which does not serve our greater purp ...more
Jari Pirhonen
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
In the very beginning of the book the core advice was given: We need to say F**k It to those things that really don't matter so much, and focus on those that do. I'm a quick learner. After reading about one third of the book I said F**k It, browsed the rest very quickly and that's it. Didn't like the style of the writing although liked the message. Why write 300 pages when you could have managed with 30? Can't recommend.
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audible-books
May have read better than it sounded.
I took the authors advice he provided in book by 'letting go' of price I paid for book, 'forgiving' myself for the money and time I wasted on it, 'freeing' myself to do other things, and 'declaring' a F**k it attitude when deciding not to listen to it anymore.
Mar 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
God, I hate self help books. Especially when they are as smug as this one.
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I struggled with this as first - the first section is very structured and a bit difficult to follow (you read about being stuck in life because of certain things that hold you back, but the chapter that talks about how to break out of those habits, for each one, is later on so you have to keep flicking between them)... Anyway.... it gets going after that and it gets really, really interesting.
It’s mostly Eastern philosophy, Qi Gong and a bit of Buddhism.. and a very interesting outlook on life
Tom Bennett
Jan 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Simple, basic ideas dressed up to fill the space between the front and back covers.

The writing style is painfully glib (long-time readers of Private Eye will recognise an echo of the St Albion Parish News). There is little or no structure to the book (to an extent that is actually really annoying) and each point is laboured to such an extent that you’re left with little will to keep going.

I got two thirds of the way through the book, realised it wasn’t going to get any better, and decided to f
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice reminder to Fuck It! and that everything will be okay! Fuck it, be blissfully happy, why not?
Timofey Peters
На сколько хорошо зашла первая книга автора, на столько же плохо зашла вторая. Первая бодрая, вторая — растекание мыслью по дереву, куча ненужной шелухи.
Graham Tonks
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
simply sunlight in my darkness !
Lou Nixon
May 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is a 2 and a half...

The thing is that there is a lot of useful stuff in this book-really positive things about being more aware of your feelings, not worrying so much about the small stuff-thinking about what you are grateful for-things that I might actually use.
What I didn't like is that I felt that it was written for middle-age (ish) men who have made lots of money. I did not feel like the author really understood me-it was written for men, not because the author was sexist...just because
Gregg Bell
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
"Sometimes you just gotta say, 'What the f**k!'"

Okay, you movie fans (and probably older ones) will probably recognize that line from the Tom Cruise movie Risky Business, and saying 'what the f**k' to life's trials and vicissitudes is the general idea conveyed in F**k It Therapy.

I mean, there's something to the idea. Life ultimately can seem pretty absurd and saying 'what the f**k' sometimes fits right in with that absurdity. The book, however, tries to delve into this idea in depth, but really
Jessie Jane Horvath
The first half of the book was great, I didn't want to put it down. The second half, I felt it was just another self help book and couldn't wait to put it down.
The constant use of analogies and random stories are tedious.
F**k it, give it a read if you're new to this self improvement stuff. It is empowering.
Mar 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health, reference, 2013
Firstly this is a good concept. Before I opened the book I started saying F**k It to random things and already felt a bit better.

The book gives good reasons why using this method is helpful, but when you get down to the nitty gritty it doesn't tell you HOW! It almost seems as if the book is just one big advert to steer you in the direction of one of the author's retreats or to join the new online course he is offering. There is no definite advice on how to benefit from the method but it seems to
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book advocates a F**k it approach to life that not only reduces stress, assists in perspective, gives yourself permission (not) to act or care, but also feels good. The tone is weirdly jokey boyo humour but when you wade through that there are also some seriously good reminders about meditating and energy. This was a great read for me at exactly the right time when I am mightily pissed off: f**k it is the perfect response.
Rebecca Haslam
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
After a difficult few weeks I found myself drawn to this book while browsing Waterstones. I had never before come across a self-help book that made me want to highlight comments and sections, but that's exactly what I did with this one. It's a bit long, but well broken up and makes a number of points that I strongly related to so chances are I will be coming back to this book at some point in the future.
Leif Denti
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
OK but not more. The book is basically an ad for the authors' retreats, workshops, and the like. I kinda liked the whole "fuck it" approach and the "prisons" we may find ourselves in but the book could be heavily edited for length. Parkin often rants about random things that irritates him. I can't really recommend this book to anyone as there are better books in the same venue (with a stronger scientific base).
May 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Another ok book. Pretty similar to the first one, with a bit more insight into the author's life if anyone wants to know about that. I could take it or leave it. There's a lot of useful, motivational stuff too though and it's a quick read. Lots of promoting of his product though, either the website or books or retreats. If you've been on the retreat you would maybe like this more, but then you wouldn't Re need it.
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was hard to get through, however there were some very real and intricate ideas about life and stress. Some of the ideas are eye opening, but as previously stated from another review, this book essentially grasps an easy to undersrand idea about how to live your life and layers it with unnecessary logic or steps. Not much of a self-help book fan, and this just proves why.
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
As with all self-help books, this didn't give me the answer to a completely perfect and happy life, but it did give me some great tools to work with, and also introduced me to Qigong which I am enjoying and finding very relaxing. I am very surprised that just saying F**k It can reduce stress instantly.
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've only been done reading it for a day or so and it's already changing my life. Amazing, amazing, amazing. I absolutely detest "self-help" books, and the awful writing that so often accompanies the genre. This book is WONDERFULLY written, hilariously illustrated, and details a simple and revolutionary way of living. Thank you.
Ferda Esin
Belki de 4 ayda bitirdim ben bu kitabı. Aslında hevesle başlamıştım okumaya. İlginç gelmişti. İlerlemedi bir türlü. Çevirmenden kaynaklı olduğunu düşünüyorum. Bazı kelimeler dikkat dağıtıyor, konuyla alakasız. Yazıldığı dilde okunsa daha iyi olabilir.
Catherine Garrett
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
John C. Parkin is amazing with his easy, breezy f**k it attitude towards life. John also joined me on a TeleCall Conversation on Passion TeleSummits, and I simply adored his love of life and living it from ease. This is a MUST-READ book for everyone!
May 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
About one third into this book I thought f**k it, I really, really, really get the picture now. The retreats might be fabulous, the author might be considered as funny, but the book is not a philosophy but a leaflet.
  • Souls of the Stones Omnibus (Souls of the Stones, #1, 2, 3)
  • The Faceless One
  • Girls & Monsters
  • Fireflies
  • Shadow Embraced (Haven, #1)
  • Design Is the Problem
  • Untangling the Web: What the Internet is Doing to you
  • The Genesis Code
  • Stick Up for Yourself!: Every Kid's Guide to Personal Power and Positive Self-Esteem
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • The Philosophy of Friendship
  • Remote Viewing Secrets: The Handbook for Developing and Extending Your Psychic Abilities
  • The Intelligent Optimist's Guide to Life: How to Find Health and Success in a World That's a Better Place Than You Think
  • Tamed
  • 101 Ethical Dilemmas
  • Laws of Media: The New Science
  • The Archived SNEAK PEEK (The Archived, #1)
  • Essencial Franz Kafka