Start by marking “Creative Conspiracy: The New Rules of Breakthrough Collaboration” as Want to Read:
Creative Conspiracy: The New Rules of Breakthrough Collaboration

Creative Conspiracy: The New Rules of Breakthrough Collaboration

Embracing the Counterintuitive Side of Collaboration

Think of your to-do list at work. Chances are the most important tasks require you to work with others—and the success of those endeavors depends on the effectiveness of your collaboration.

According to management expert Leigh Thompson, collaboration that is conscious, planned, and focused on generating new ideas builds ex
Published January 15th 2013 by Harvard Business Review Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Creative Conspiracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creative Conspiracy

Cheryl
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leadership-books
Excellent book on brainstorming and team. It completely destroys most of our experiences with brainstorming and gives really practical tools to help get the best ideas and engage a team of people. A couple really helpful insights:
1. Whatever size you think the team needs to be -- cut that number in half! We tend to have too many people in the room.
2. Only have the people in the room who need to be in the room!
3. We get the best ideas when we have a LOT of ideas. Most leaders stifle ideas -- she
Chatchai Chatpunyakul
This book is useful for team meeting. Evidence-based research were mentioned all the time which is very good.

I recommend this book for those who want to manage creative teamwork.
M. Roberts
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for this book based on the description and subject, but the farther I got into it, the more it let me down. The topic is interesting and intriguing, but I have concluded that the entire premise is based on academic research and lacks real-life experience on the part of the writer. What led me to this conclusion was both her idealized ideas of how real teams work and also her academic frame of reference when it comes to business in general. For example, throughout the book she co ...more
Brent
May 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Main point is that groups are less creative then individuals. After you learn that I didn't see any other useful information rising out of this so stopped reading after a few chapters.
Lewis Housley
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, mba
Good stuff. Lots of information and ideas for breaking out...
Matt Neely
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Good book if you are looking to increase collaborations and creativity on your team. Lots of concrete tips which can quickly be applied to get results.
David Freyre
Oct 12, 2013
Zach Cooper
Feb 21, 2017
Chantal Barlow
rated it did not like it
May 10, 2018
Jan 02, 2016
Ricardo Mateus
Dec 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
“Psychologically, there are two major reasons why people conform—they want to be liked and they want to be right.” 2 likes
“Collaboration is the art and science of combining people’s talents, skills, and knowledge to achieve a common goal.” 2 likes