Start by marking “Duplicity (Spellbound, #2)” as Want to Read:
Duplicity (Spellbound, #2)

Duplicity

(Spellbound #2)

If Graylee Perez thought sharing a body with her twin sister was bad, dealing with a duplicate of herself is two times worse. Gray the second doesn't seem to get that Lee's boyfriend, Raj, is off limits. Then there's the problem of Adrian. He expects one of the Graylees to be his.

Nearly a year later, the council is on to them for past misdeeds; Lee, along with the rest of
Published May 20th 2012 by Nikki Jefford (first published May 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Duplicity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duplicity

Start your review of Duplicity (Spellbound, #2)
Jenni Arndt
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-ebook
You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.

When Nikki sent me Duplicity I immediately loaded it onto my reader and dug into it. I read Entangled (the first book in Nikki's Spellbound series) a few months back and it was a 5 star read for me. I loved the characters and the world building and have been anxiously awaiting Duplicity. We dive right back in with Graylee Perez (now Stacey Morehouse) & Raj McKenna and are thrown right into another mystery.

The characters remain strong in Duplicity,
Katy
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of paranormal YA fiction
Shelves: ebook
Book Info: Genre: Fantasy/Paranormal
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: Fans of the first book, those who enjoy paranormal YA fiction
Trigger Warnings: treachery, fighting
Please note: Review will contain spoilers for book one. If you haven't read it yet, you have been warned.

My Thoughts: I was so taken with the first book that I had to immediately go out and buy the rest of the trilogy and start reading. Unfortunately I needed to do some editing, so I wasn't able to indulge myself with any
Tom
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
In "Entangled," high school socialite Charlene Perez was forced to share her body with the soul of her less popular, sort of hippie-ish identical twin sister, Graylee. At the end of "Entanglement," Charlene and a friend expelled her twin's soul from the body they shared--her body--then Charlene was free to head off to school in France. There, she has a ball, speaking French and smoking cigarettes, until one day, when her sister, Graylee, awakens inside Charlene's body. The difference this time i ...more
Brittney
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-owned
All this book needed was a couple more flashbacks to understand everything and it could have passed as the first in a series or better yet a stand alone. Definitely an improvement! I actually enjoyed it. I'm nervous to read the third novel. I feel like the second novel was a redemption novel and I'm afraid the third will ruin that. It was great to finally understand the characters and to even connect with them. Having the two versions of Graylee actually made it easier to understand Gray. I like ...more
LiarLiar
ok WOW Gray and Lee
im kinda lost hahaha but many thanks they still
have a difference .

i don't know why i am so hooked
in this series is it because of the twin thing or
the romance in it .
or the story about witches
i think i love them all .

I am so looking forward to the next book .
Katie
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Duplicity is the second book in the Spellbound Trilogy by Nikki Jefford. I had the opportunity to read and review Entangled, the first book, back in April, and I loved it. (You can read my review here.) This time around, Nikki sent me an ARC of Duplicity and even mentioned BlookGirll in the Acknowledgements section! Cue MAJOR fangirling! :-)

I immediately dove into Duplicity as soon as it transferred to my Nook, because I just had to know how all of my favorite characters were doing. Did Charlene
Emma Meade
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shame on me for not getting to this book sooner. I read and was highly entertained by the first in the trilogy, Entangled, last year. Why the follow up slipped through my net, I don’t know. I woke in the middle of the night recently with back pain and knew there was no getting back to sleep, so I grabbed my Kindle and got reading. I read this in a few hours, finishing about 4am. Totally distracted me from the pain – nice one!

If you haven’t read the first book, beware of SPOILERS and stuff that m
Book Whales
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted @ Book Whales

I’ am one of those readers, who are scared of sophomore novels or the sequels; especially if the first book is really good. There were many sequels that I’ve read that didn’t shine like the first one. Well, Duplicity didn’t disappoint me. It is actually better than Entangled. The story and characters are unforgettable. I was captured and sucked inside. I didn’t want the story to end.

After all the fiasco that happened to Graylee Perez, she is now settled to her new
Michelle Sedeño
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read my full review on my blog, Michelle Shouts Random

***

I was hooked the time I started reading Duplicity. It's that good.

Charlene, the annoying evil sister on the first book, Entangled, was nowhere to be seen. What a relief. *evil laugh* And Graylee became Gray. And Lee. A duplicate, yes. And who is the original?

I could definitely say that this book was as good as the first one. It doesn't lowered the standard---it even increased. And that's all I can do to not keep on saying how awesome and I
Cheyenne Teska
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I first started Duplicity, I thought that there was no way I'd love the book as much as the first in the series, Entangled. Of course, the more I read of Duplicity, the more I started to fall for these characters all over again. Nikki Jefford knows how to keep her readers hooked until the very end and this book is no exception.

As the story begins, we're shown this new life of Graylee's. New body, no Charlene, hardly any complications as one may believe. She still has her powers, but unfort
Patty
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed book #2 of the Spellbound series! It was another quick, fun, and light read. The premise was very interesting. We start off a few months after Entangled left off and get a brief overview of what life is like for Lee. Then, it's the one-year anniversary of her "death," suddenly there are two Graylee's.

The story progression was very intriguing. How would you react if your old "self" came back: looked like you, acted like you, had your memories, was 100% you up to a few months ago
Abbie
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating - 2.5

Duplicity was slightly worse than Entangled.

The whole "two Grey's" thing could be quite confusing. I know one was called Grey, and the other was called Lee, but i still had to read some parts twice to work out what was going on.

The characters in this was slightly less immature, but i still never found myself liking them that much.

Some parts of the story dragged, which made the book feel longer than what it was.

Overall, confusing, and slow.
Brianne
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Duplicity was a fantastic sequel to Entangled! The characters once again were fantastic and the story continued to be fresh and original. I personally love to wear good luck charms, so I loved the magic/talisman aspect! I also loved that one of my favorite movies was mentioned and there were quite a few funny moments, especially a certain a Lady Gaga moment!

Just a warning- Duplicity is a book that you really have to follow closely or you could become a tad mixed up, in terms of the characters!
Lauren
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it
When Graylee Perez comes back as a duplicate of herself in the body of Charlene, things get a little weirder than they were. While everyone is trying to find out exactly whose who Adrian puts in an appearance that throws everyone off.

It was interesting. I liked the duplicate concept and questions of who really existed. I actually kind of liked lee less until the end of the book. I wanted her to take gray seriously and treat her like a person.
S.M. Boyce
I'm so glad I found Jefford. She's among my favorite authors. Ever.
Cara
i enjoyed the first book in this series so much, I got this one as a treat for myself. I didn’t find it as good, though. There were a lot of times when it seemed like the characters just forgot what they were doing in the middle of something and wandered off to something else. The book leaves a bunch of loose ends untied, and i don’t exactly get the impression that it’s on purpose.

(view spoiler)
Megan Murphy
I feel I love with the first book in the Spellbound series, and now I am puzzled at how my love for the second book was multiplied by 2! Maybe it is a spell, wouldn't shock me since seeing double is key to this books. Lee (Graylee now on Stacey's body) and Raj have been through a lot. Now closing in on the anniversary of Graylee's death, things are about to get even more interesting. What Adrian did in the spell becomes clear as he waltzes back in town. What would it be like to meet a copy of yo ...more
Dayzee
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had mix feelings about it. In A good way! Is just it was hard to read two Grays. Gray one goes by Lee now and has been happily ever after in a new body thanks to Raj and Adrian at the conclusion of book one. And then one year anniversary of her death another Gray shows up. It was so hard to process it. My feelings were torn between the two because what makes one gray more than the other? Who has more right? I mean Both were split into two. Same souls. I felt more sad for Gray two because how s ...more
Michelle Fritz PA
This was ah-mazing!! Even better than the first!! I started to worry half way through this when I really started to dislike Lee. But... she totally redeemed herself! Gray was my favorite character from book one. I'm dying to know just where exactly Charlene is and what she's been doing. I'm quite content to continue to hate her, but I am curious. This plot was fresh and intriguing and made me annoyed when I felt upset by what was happening. Am I the only one who likes Adrian? Because I totally d ...more
Jo
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There wasn’t nearly enough Raj in this one for me but I did enjoy getting a few glimpses of Adrian. I’m excited to learn more about him in the next book!

Favorite Quote:
"Ryan had told her to go to the light. Well, when she found him, she’d make him see lights all right."
Pamela Love
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

I now remember not to let more than a month or two pad before reading a series book. That being said, the story was good, not as good as the first book, but still good and enjoyable. Can't wait to see where book 3 goes!
Melanie
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting viewpoint

I liked the book. The viewpoint was interesting because of the duplicity of one person. I would recommend reading. Going to have to read the next book.
Ladiva Pettengill
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
my love for the book is strong .
Al
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took a bit to get into since previous book was read quite a while ago.
Rachael
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-paranormal
After dying, living in her sisters body, and then taking 8 months to get used to an entirely new body, Lee Perez is finally starting to relax into her semi normal, magically filled life. That is until Gray shows up. Now Lee, Raj and their families have to figure out if living with two Graylee's is possible. Their problems continue when the whole covens' powers start to go haywire and the gang is put in hot water when it comes out that Adrian Montez may be connected to all of the trouble.

Nikki Je
Meagz
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I only read this book because I read the synapse about the third book and knew I needed to read this book to understand what was going on. I thought this book was pointless. I really didn't like either Gray in this book. Lee was really selfish and acted like a blubbering bimbo with too many hormones. The other Gray was really immature and I did not like the way she treated Adrian. Adrian was the most interesting character in this series. He is the only reason why I continued it.
Ali
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Full Review Posted on GingerRead Reviews

Entangled introduced us to a world of witches and warlocks living amongst non-magical humans. Some of these Magi were good and some...eh, not so much. Graylee was the former while her twin sister Charlene was very much the latter. Charlene basically murdered her sister while sending another girl into a coma...all for the love of a boy. Graylee's soul, thanks to some pretty dark and dangerous magic, was able to survive and found it's way into Charlene's bod
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Ten months after the occurrences in Entangled, Graylee (now known as Lee) is still trying to settle into her new life as Stacey Morehouse. However, a few days before her death anniversary, a second Gray shows up in Charlene's body. My reaction: O.O WTF?? Is that even possible? Well, apparently it is. But this second Graylee (who goes by Gray) does not have the memories of those last ten months. For her, it's only been days after her death. Everyone is confused wit
K.G. C.J.
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
K.G. from Book Nerd and Proud

4.5/5 stars
Lee is happy with her new life, and everything is going perfectly for her...that is, until her magic is uncontrollable, plus someone shows up saying that she's Gray. Oh, and to top it all off the council believes they have an idea of who broke into their houses almost a year ago and stole the amulets that kept Adrian's powers blocked.

Gray, unlike Lee who has memories from the past few months, befriending Shay and Max, an
Alis
What I liked: Alright, the covers to this entire series is nothing short of beautiful. Can we establish that now? Yes? Good. Because I love the way the covers look. Kinda frosty like ice and there’s Duplicity’s flower which stands out quite a bit since it’s not green. I feel like there was more going on that made much more sense in this one as well, though again there are lacking in the building and explaining. Plus, the “Grim Reaper” aspect, I didn’t see that being the powerful necromancer talk ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Finding Perfect
  • Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
  • Alpha Geek (Alpha Geek, #1)
  • Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)
  • Alien Captive (Tsenturion Masters #1)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Venomous (Alien Warrior, #1)
  • The Fervor
  • Beauty & Beast
  • Half sac (Fall Boys Book 1)
  • Back River Quiver
  • The Smoke Thieves (The Smoke Thieves, #1)
  • House of Royale (Secret Keepers #4)
  • Jackie and the Giant: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Rage in Pain Roz, The R.I.P. Series Book 2
  • Demon Dawn (Resurrection Chronicles, #7)
  • House of Leights (Secret Keepers, #3)
  • Magic Bite (Supernatural Bounty Hunter, #1)
Nikki Jefford is an award-winning, bestselling author of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and quirky combinations in-between.

She is a third-generation Alaskan now living in the Pacific Northwest with her Westie, Cosmo, and her French husband, who she wouldn't trade in for anyone--not even Spike or Mr. Darcy!

When she's not writing, she's reading, walking, or out riding her motorcycle, a Honda CB5

Spellbound (3 books)
  • Entangled (Spellbound, #1)
  • Enchantment (Spellbound, #3)

News & Interviews