Start by marking “The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat, #1)

The Chocolate Thief

(Amour et Chocolat #1)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  3,930 Ratings  ·  666 Reviews
Paris

Breathtakingly beautiful, the City of Light seduces the senses, its cobbled streets thrumming with possibility. For American Cade Corey, it's a dream come true, if only she can get one infuriating French chocolatier to sign on the dotted line...

Chocolate

Melting, yielding yet firm, exotic, its secrets are intimately known to Sylvain Marquis. But turn them over to a bra
Published July 31st 2012 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chocolate Thief

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Someone who wants a romance to make you smile.
Stacia loses it in 5...
4...
3...
2...
1...

4.5 stars. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. I probably over-gushed in my status updates but I don't care. I still feel like gushing. Let me have this. I don't do it very often.

I've never been a huge fan of most chick flicks but there's something about the feeling that I got while reading The Chocolate Thief which made me want to curl up on my couch and watch the couple from inside this book come to life, while starring in a pretty, magical world on my television. Not
♥Rachel♥
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Keertana
Shelves: audio-book, favorites
4.5 Stars.

Reading (listening to) the The Chocolate Thief was a heady and sensual experience. Laura Florand completely bewitched me with her decadent descriptions of chocolate: making, tasting, and consuming and thoroughly swept me off my feet with a romance to die for. Oh my heart, Sylvain!!

Cade Corey’s family is famous for their Corey Chocolate Bars sold all over the world making her family worth billions. However, it’s been Cade’s dream to make a premium line of chocolate rather than her mass
MelissaB
I am glad I read The Chocolate Touch before this one because I enjoyed it much more and I am not sure this book would have kept me reading the series. The good parts of this book are the lovely Paris setting and all kinds of chocolate in the book. I had trouble connecting with this heroine and her actions and motivations were just somewhat strange. The hero was kind of confusing too, sometimes he was commanding and confident and others he seemed like a boy with low self-esteem. Overall a decent ...more
Keertana
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
HOLY HOTNESS. I picked up The Chocolate Thief while taking a quick study break, but I didn't set it back down until I had devoured the entire novel. Frankly speaking, I am surprised no one has tried this combination before: chocolate and romance, all set against the backdrop of Paris? What's NOT to love? Although its cover just screams chick-lit, The Chocolate Thief is quite thankfully a little more sensual and deeper than that. While it may lack the depth most readers - including myself - crave ...more
Kathryn
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable light romance with delicious chocolate thrown in. Well narrated which added to the enjoyment of the book.
Angie
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Angie by: Chachic
Shelves: good-uns, romance
Originally reviewed here @ Angieville

When one of your very good friends wholeheartedly recommends a book or series as one of her favorite contemporary romance series, you pay attention, yes? Which is why I didn't last long before picking up Laura Florand's THE CHOCOLATE THIEF after Chachic brought it to my attention a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if I would have discovered Florand otherwise, and I am just really happy that I did because this book is delicious. That cute cover doesn't hurt i
Medini
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it

I shouldn’t have made the mistake of reading The Chocolate Kiss (which was pretty mediocre compared to this) before reading The Chocolate Thief. This has beautiful writing, accompanied by amazing, likable characters in Cade Corey and Sylvain Marquis, who are both so strong and memorable. Their chemistry is just out of this world. I think The Amour et chocolat series is THE go-to series for anyone in the mood for a fuzzy, toe-curling romance.

My review of The Chocolate Kiss (BOOK 2)
Wendy Darling
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Wendy Darling by: Karen
4.5 stars I've been told to read this author for years--why did I wait? The chocolate making and eating is to die for--and the chemistry is electric, too.
Ana
5 delicious stars

I'm feeling a bit lazy, so I'll be short, but I liked the book so much that I just had to share my love. :-)

Anyway, this book combines two to things that I simply adore:

1. Paris - the city of light

I love Paris, and seeing it through the eyes of the main characters was a true pleasure - Cade, an American, a stranger to the city, and Sylvain, a Frenchman, the way I imagine a true Parisian would be like - arrogant, snobby, but charming. Reading about all the places imagining I was
Brie
May 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Originally posted here.

Laura Florand is one of those authors whose books I really want to like, but never seem to work for me. Yet I keep buying them and giving her second and third chances. I can see why people like her books, but I’m never fully engaged. The problem is that she has great ideas and a lot of potential, but the execution is not quite there.

The Chocolate Thief is the story of Cade Corey. She’s the heiress of a Hershey's-like chocolate corporation, and she’s very passionate about
Joy (joyous reads)
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Billionaire heiress, Cade Corey is on a mission to stamp the name of the most prolific chocalatier on their brand. Getting Sylvain Marquis to agree, however, will prove to be a challenge. Negotiations fell apart; bribery only cost her, her self-respect. So when she can't get him to give her the time of day, she resorts to thievery. Awkwardness and so-so chemistry ensue.

Truth be told, I am not a fan of these two. Sylvain instantly gives credence to the stigma that the French people are snobs when
Jamie
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute story high on romance and zero angst!

What's not to like?!

You've got the city of love...

Chocolate...

and Romance...

I loved the chemistry between Cade and Sylvain! It was immediate..they despised each other - sorta :) - and wanted to jump each other at the same time. Sylvain had the secret to the most scrumptious chocolate on earth and Cade wanted it. He wasn't about to give it up.. and she wasn't about to let it go..

I really enjoyed this sweet easy romance.. I love to read books
Alex
Jan 07, 2013 rated it liked it
The first four to five chapters made me think this book was going to be an utter waste of space, but both characters got significantly less annoying once they started sleeping together. There were still a lot of moments where I wanted to chuck it at a wall for being sexist though.

Also, if you're curious what some of the earlier stuff is like, I've summarized it for you here:

"And then he used his manly sex hands to chop sexy chocolate like sex. The sexy curls of dark chocolate sexily dropped to t
Cheyenne
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I actually liked this book more than I thought I would but it was silly. I guess I just couldn't buy each character's motivation. He was all 'I'm gonna make her love me through my chocolate' and she was all 'I'm going to break into his shop and be creepy' and then he was like 'she's stealing my stuff, that's so hot' and she was like 'breaking in is so intoxicating, I'm so turned on' and then he was like 'I caught you red-handed, you're mine' and so on and so forth. The sex scenes were pretty hot ...more
Chachic
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chachic by: Michelle
May 5, 2014 comments: I felt like rereading after I've been to Paris because I wanted to see what it felt like now that I'm more familiar with the setting. The writing is just as good as I remembered and the reading experience is even better because of the little details that I could relate to.

_____________________
March 29, 2013 review:
Originally posted here.

I have to thank my good friend Michelle for introducing me to what has become one of my favorite contemporary romance series. I had a feeli
Keertana
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish Goodreads had a better way to signify the number of times one re-reads a book because, yes, I re-read this again. I felt far too nostalgic about leaving Seoul that I decided I needed Paris and, if it isn't already clear, The Chocolate Thief is my favorite Florand read. It's ideal for a re-read because it's both hilarious and sexy and though Florand does teary-eyed brilliantly, it's the kind of heavy that I can't handle more than once. But this book? I keep picking up on minor details upon ...more
Jenny
Loved this light-hearted romance! And it's quite impossible to not love the book when it has lots of fluffy romance, and also chocolates.

Mandi Schreiner
Apr 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Cade Corey and her family own Corey Chocolate, the biggest chocolate distributor in the United States. Their chocolate bars sell at Walmart for $.33 and those coins have brought a billion dollars to her family. Always looking for something new, Cade decides she wants Parisian chocolatier, Sylvain Marquis’s name on a new line of their chocolate. Cade thinks it will be the perfect fit for Sylvain and it will bring her company more money. So off to Paris she goes.

What she doesn’t expect is for Sylv
namericanwordcat
The Chocolate Thief Review The Parisian sorcerer of artisan chocolate, handsome Frenchman Sylvain Marquis, and the American empress of chocolate bars, Cade Corey, play a decadent game of seduction and subterfuge that causes them both to melt with desire.

Breathtakingly beautiful, the City of Light seduces the senses, its cobbled streets thrumming with possibility. For American Cade Corey, it's a dream come true, if only she can get one infuriating French chocolatier to sign on the dotted line. .
Jessy
4 stars

I've seen this series recommended a few times, but for some reason (maybe due to the titles?) I thought/feared it would be too sweet and cheesy for my taste. I ended up pleasantly surprised, the writing is really good.

In the beginning I really didn't like the hero (I ended up liking him once I got to understand him better), I wasn't thrilled by the instant attraction between the leads and I hated that they fantasized about each other despite apparent dislike between them. I actually wasn'
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Finally!

★Finally a book where Paris doesn't look or sound like Disneyworld.
★Finally an english speaking romance author that gets the French RIGHT!
(I can guarantee there was no use of Google Translate here.)
★Finally a book for all chocolate lovers!
★Finally a book filled with humor and swooning romance!
★Finally a book with a sassy heroine who gets what SHE damn wants!

If I could give a "picky french stamp of approval", I would! Laura Florand is definitely my go to and happy place
Amanda

I feels like I'm in heaven while reading this book. The detailed description of chocolate making had me drooling over and those French words had me in constant dreamy sigh. Although most of the time I don't know heck about the meaning, they just sounds so sexy. I do tried to get some translated whenever I had access to the wifi.

"Je t'aime".

description

Our heroine Cade Corey had a rather masculine name that initially I misunderstood as the hero of the book. She is the heiress of the Corey Bars (
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
ETA on 6/19: This was just so dang cute, even the second time around. And exactly what I needed on a crappy Monday when nothing was going right. A book about chocolate doesn't quite beat the real thing, but it's a close second.

*****

Oh, this story was so cute! I legit cannot believe I started reading it right after I started trying to eat healthier, though, and prohibited all chocolate from passing my lips. Why would I torture myself like that? Also, HO-LY HELL! THAT SCENE ON THE STAIRS!!! That h
Olga Godim
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This book blends Paris, chocolate, and a love story in one delicious package, as sensual and bitter-sweet as only French chocolate can be. The heroine Cade Corey is the heir to an American chocolate empire, something like Mars. The Coreys’ most popular chocolate bars, factory-produced, cost 33 cents at Walmart. You can imagine their quality, but the tradition has persisted for three generations.
The hero Sylvain is the best artisan chocolatier in Paris. His hand-made, gourmet chocolate serves on
Jane Stewart
2 stars. Story outline was lovely, but I could not enjoy it because I was repeatedly angry at unknown French words.

I am happy reading French as long as the translation is placed immediately after in parentheses. But that did not happen. Every time I saw a French word, my first thought was will it be translated? A few of them were translated a sentence or two later, but 95% were not. It kept taking me out of the story. The French words occurred about every second or third page. I took a college
Rachel
Overall rating: 3 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasta: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)

This was an okay read for me. It didn't have any of my triggers but for som
Lisa
Reread: March 2017

STILL GREAT.

Reread: June 2016

Laura Florand is one of my go-to authors whenever I feel like taking a break; something about her writing always makes me feel good. I've skim-read this one a few times but this is my first proper reread, and I still very much enjoyed Cade and Sylvain's story,

so this is going to be just me listing down all the things I love about it:

- I remember finding Sylvain oh so infuriating the first time I read (he still is, that man)
- and I truly love how Ca
Fiordiligii
I have zero tolerance for stupid heroines and this one is definitely icing the cake. For a well-educated, supposedly brilliant woman who is the heir to a multi-billion dollar chocolate imperium she's an embarassement to my gender.

Cade Corey's biggest wish is to acquire a famous French chocolatier and create a new luxury chocolate line for her family's uber successful, yet very middle to lower class chocolate brand.

She appears to have a somewhat lukewharm acquisition plan, yet as soon as the fir
Cassandra
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cade Corey setzt alles daran Sylvain Marquis für das Schokoladenimperium ihrer Familie zu gewinnen. Dem stolzen Chocolatier liegt nichts ferner als seine süßen Köstlichkeiten unter dem Namen der Billigmarke Corey zu verkaufen und sich womöglich in der Auslage von Walmart wiederzufinden. Doch die engagierte Milliardärstochter schreckt vor nichts zurück und wird zur süßen Schokoladendiebin, die ihr Herz an den Zuckerbäcker verliert.
Ein Fest für die Sinne! Wer gerade auf Diät oder Liebesentzug (und
sraxe
I didn't dislike the book, but I think I would've liked this a lot more if some things were changed.

One of my favourite trope-y things is the male and female protagonists hating one another! I liked that in this one, they dislike one another for quite some time. I really hate it when the synopsis plays it out to be that the two characters dislike one another...and then it's resolved after one or two scenes. I also liked the setting, plot and the characters (at times). So...where do I feel it wen
X's & O's Romance...: July- Bastille Day/French Revolution 10 8 Aug 08, 2018 10:13AM
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • No Place Like Home (Includes: La Vie en Roses, #1.5)
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • Truly (New York, #1)
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Beyond Repair
  • Carolina Home (Dare Island, #1)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Talking Dirty With the Boss (Talking Dirty, #3)
  • A Bollywood Affair (Bollywood, #1)
  • Fit (Fit, #1)
  • Dangerous Curves Ahead (Perfect Fit, #1)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Just My Luck (Escape to New Zealand, #5)
Laura Florand is the international bestselling and award-winning author of fifteen books, including the Vie en Roses series (Once Upon a Rose), the Paris Hearts series (All for You), and the Amour et Chocolat series (The Chocolate Thief). Selected by NPR for their Top 100 Romance list, her books have appeared in ten languages, been nominated for RT Reviewers’ Choice Best Book of the Year, received ...more

Amour et Chocolat (7 books)
  • The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat, #2)
  • The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #0.5)
  • The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4)
  • The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5)
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Sun-Kissed (Amour et Chocolat, #7; Snow Queen, #2)
“In his view of what he wanted from the world, there were an infinity of moments that were beautiful, as this one was beautiful, with the light from the town hall gilding her jawline and shining off her hair in the cold northern night that made him want to pull her in and warm them both. “And” 1 likes