Start by marking “Gold (Bandia, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gold (Bandia, #2)

Gold

(Bandia #2)

Descended from an Irish demigod, Brianna has fled to Ireland to escape destruction at the hands of her sworn enemies, the Sons of Killian. Taking refuge at the estate of her former nemesis, Austin Montgomery, Brianna discovers a rift in time that opens to an era before the feud began.

Wrestling with her newfound feelings for the more innocent Austin, Brianna begins to wonde
Published September 8th 2013 by Flux (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Gold, please sign up.
Emily Davie I just read that she hasnt had time to write the third!!! Not fair!!! We need Austin back!!!

Gray Cox
I'm not even going to start on this book, just read my review for Silver, it basically sums it up.
Heather
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Please someone tell me there is a Platinum in the works, please!! I was just okay with Silver. The mythology of the bandia is hard to follow, the relationship between Brianna and Blake even harder. I never really understood it in Silver. It just never seemed to make sense. It didn't feel right and it was just too hard. They didn't even seem like they liked each other. Now, sexually, yeah, they were hot. But otherwise, meh. So I wanted to see where this novel went. I mean, IRELAND. I'll read abou ...more
Rachel
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story was an amazing follow-up. Utterly gut-wrenching. Totally surprising. And with an absolutely killer ending. Will definitely be reading this one again and again. Loved it even more than SILVER. If I were to review this on the blog it would get my off-the-menu rating of 6 stars.

I do plan on reviewing this book when I read the finished copy when it releases next fall.
Jennifer McCoy, YA Sisterhood
I was lucky enough to read this in manuscript form, and it was even better than Silver!

I can't wait for the finished copy to be released!!!!
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh sweet dear gods! I beta'd this for Talia and it was everything I had hoped for and MOAR!!!!! Gold was beautiful and heartbreaking and I loved every minute of it!!!!!!
Farrah
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Did you hear that? That was the sound of my mind being blown. This book was so amazing, just as good as the first! So unexpected and unpredictable. Loved it!

Whatever I expected from this book, it was torn apart within the first chapter. This book takes us in a new direction. At the end of Silver, a tenuous peace existed between Brianna and the Sons. But, it was obvious that it wasn't going to last long. In Gold, Brianna has to run from the Sons' wrath after being blamed for something she didn't
A.
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

It's quite hard to express how impressed I was with Gold. I have a vague memory of reading Silver a while back and I don't recall being as invested in it as I was in this one. It's rare that a sequel surpasses the first in a series, but it's easy to say that Vance succeeded with Gold.

The book starts off with Brianna on her way to Lorcan Hall, Ireland. Events occurring between the first and second book led to Brianna's exile in Ireland, which also led to the end of her relationship with Blake.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
This series is completely captivating, from the deliciously dark and dangerous character to the ever twisting and changing plot, it is completely addicting and utterly useless to say no to. I was hooked after the first book and even more eager than ever to get my hands on the second.

To say her second book was even better than the first would be such an understatement. Once again Vance managed to create a story so beautiful it is heartbreaking, so surprising that it will take your breath away. Va
The Gypsy Emmy
Beth
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, within the first few chapters of this book all my expectations of the direction of this story were proven wrong. Yes, that turned out to be a great thing!

Brianna is running for her life being hunted by the Sons of Killian. She goes to Austin Montgomery's estate. They same Austin that she banished back to hell. Accidentally touching her bracelet charm to a rock on the estate, Brianna opens a portal in time to an early Austin and Austin before the god fued.

A new god player appears
Stacy Sabala
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book Review- Gold by Talia Vance

In this book, the story is continued from the previous book Silver. Brianna is a bandia or witch running from the sons of Killian, a group of demigods. She is a witch that can control the elements. She finds herself hiding in Ireland, staying at the estate of Austin Montgomery, the god of the Underworld. She has banished Austin back to the Underworld for a thousand years. So they are not friends, but this seems to be the safest place for her.
Then Austin is pulled
Lauren
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, netgalley-finds
Marie
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: read the uncorrected ARC for review; received from NetGalley

Talia Vance outdid herself with Gold! Everything that the reader enjoyed in Silver (Bandia #1) is amplified in this highly anticipated sequel. Brianna has grown some, matured, is mastering her powers, and is no longer bonded with Blake. (The book's title gives a hint to Brianna's new love interest!) Gold takes the reader from sunny Rancho Domingo, California to chilly and magical Cath, Ireland. And Talia takes the romance to
Pili
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to get an ARC from NetGalley of this book for an honest review, and I was very excited to get it. I give it 4 stars, but if I could, I'd give it 4 and a half!

Gold picks up a little after Silver ended, with Brianna going to Ireland for her own safety and trying to figure out herself.

This book has proven to be more deep and more engaging that Silver was, and even though I liked Silver, I've loved Gold much more.

Everything is more in depth here, the look at the characters, the co
Marie Clarisse
I must admit that this sequel was a lot, lot better than the first book. It's almost unbelievable that both books were written by the same author, since this one was really written professionaly.

The plot twist at the very beginning of the sequel was really effective. I was thankful that Talia Vance now knew what she was doing, replacing Blake with Austin as the leading man. I was actually able to connect with Austin and Brianna, never like I had with her and Blake. This new pairing, was amazing,
Moraphis
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the sequel a lot!! Really it is way better than the first book! Austin!!! Noooo whyyyy it's like the ending for White Hot Kiss by JLA! There better be another book cause if not I'll be just broken... Sigh... This was one crazy journey and when she finally started making the right choices something happens to Austin and... I need the next book now.
Vanya Favela
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Many times second books can be a drag but this book in my opinion was so much better than the first. This book intrigued me, it made me feel sadness, love and respect for the characters in greater depth.
Kheda
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You just killed me at the end! I was waiting for the moment when Austin would show up and hug Brianna... But he never came back! Okay, there was definitively a way to bring him back, but I wanted to be a part of it too! I missed him much!
Ralynn
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
crazy ending and crazy destiny fate thing going on I'll leave it at that
Christina
My original review for this title can be found HERE on The Book Hookup.

** SPECIAL NOTE:** An eARC of this title was provided by the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. However, that did not influence this review in any way. All thoughts, quotes, and opinions will be of this version and not of the published edition.

Initial Thoughts and Rating: Actual rating of 4.5 stars! I believe Ms. Vance wrote this novel to make me swoon so that she could break my heart. Everything tha
BookHookup
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
The original review for this title can be found HERE on The Book Hookup.

Christina's Review:

Teresa Cunningham
Talia,

I hope you write more to this series. I didn't want to put it down.
I felt so many emotions over the coarse of being absorbed in the story.
Isn't that the highest level of a true story teller? To be able to make
Others get so absorbed into the story that it makes them feel what
The characters feel. To hurt when they hurt, to laugh when they laugh,
To feel their betrayal and their hopes and Prayers... I felt all of those things.
I would recommend this book to others who want to absorb a good st
Faith Russell
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
A lot better than the first book but still not amazing me. I feel like there could have been so much potential with this story but a lot of it was wasted on pettiness and absolute nonsense, especially in the first book. The second however was a step up but still not great.
Alina Syed
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book broke my heart all over again. I'm crying.
Rose
Your time would be better used watching a documentary on mosquitoes, washing dishes, or sleeping than reading this cobbled together story. I'm sorry, it just really isn't that great.
Lina
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love love love the series. But the ending was absolutely rubbish. Unless there will be a book 3, this is just another unfinished story. Still great tho.
Michelle Esterhuyzen

Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

Wre
Stéphanie
As much as I loved the first book of this series, Gold wasn’t as thrilling or entertaining as its predecessor. I think my expectations might have been too high after reading Silver which was without a doubt an amazing debut for Talia Vance. However, don’t get me wrong, GOLD did have its strong points and I think it sets up the rest of the series rather nicely.

The main reason why I wasn’t crazy about the book is because it started off rather slowly. No, I shouldn’t say slow. It’s more like the be
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 11:57AM

• The Keep (The Watchers, #4)
  • The Mephisto Mark (The Mephisto Covenant #3)
  • Protecting Truth (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy, #2)
  • Witchfall (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Astarte's Wrath (Kythan Guardians)
  • Unchosen (The Reaper Diaries, #2)
  • A Touch Menacing (The Siders Series, #3)
  • Cashmere (Velvet, #2)
  • Intuition (Transcendence, #2)
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2)
  • Bane (Coven, #2)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Paige in Progress (Reluctant Hearts, #3)
  • Shadowborn (Lila Gray, #2)
  • The Secret of the Keepers (Kailmeyra #2)
  • Uprising (Children of the Gods #2)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)

Bandia (2 books)