Start by marking “Partikel” as Want to Read:
Partikel

Partikel

(Supernova #4)

Di pinggir Kota Bogor, dekat sebuah kampung bernama Batu Luhur, seorang anak bernama Zarah, dan adiknya, Hara, dibesarkan secara tidak konvensional oleh ayahnya, dosen sekaligus ahli mikologi bernama Firas. Cara Firas mendidik anak-anaknya mengundang pertentangan dari keluarganya sendiri.

Di balik itu semua, masih tersimpan berlapis misteri, di antaranya hubungan khusus Fir
Published April 13th 2012 by Bentang Pustaka

To ask other readers questions about Partikel, please sign up.
Octaviani Hermina menurut saya Dee ingin menyampaikan perjalanan hidup seorang Zarah dari kecil yang dididik dengan didikan khusus dr ayahnya. Fungi, orang utan, alien,…moremenurut saya Dee ingin menyampaikan perjalanan hidup seorang Zarah dari kecil yang dididik dengan didikan khusus dr ayahnya. Fungi, orang utan, alien, fotografi hanya proses yg harus dijalani Zarah untuk menemukan jati dirinya. (less)

Start your review of Partikel
Klaudiani
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it

I don’t know what to say.
Partikel was representing my mind, in some parts.

I love nature. I love being in the forest, I even got a forestry degree. But Zarah, the protagonist, was not only travelling deep into Borneo’s heart. She was also in a African savanna, Bolivian rain forest, sacred sites of England, and even went underwater for the sake of photography. Took pictures. Made friendship with animals. Got related more and more with Mother Earth. The plants, the ecosystem, the orangutan, the an
Alodia H.
May 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Few weeks ago my friend complained on a social media about how she thought that Dee is pretentious and that was actually the main reason that brought me to read this book. Now, after reading Dee's Partikel I can't say that I agree with what my friend's said but I think she got a point. I don't think Dee is particularly pretentious though, I just think that sometimes Dee put too much information that doesn't necessarily need to be in this book. I don't know if she did that because she thought it ...more
Yessica P
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lokal
Ardelia putri
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This next piece of the series took me to a whirlwind of events. It follows a character's long journey from being a small village girl left by her genius father and a handful of questions why, to the woman who constantly travels around the world in order to fulfil that need, and in doing so, slowly piecing herself in parts she didn't know damaged. Although it's a very long journey, it never once made me feel bored or tired in any way. In fact, it made me so eager to find out the outcome.
Caroline.tanjaya
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
KeCeWa!
Indah
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
From the first time I read it, I couldn't let my hands to put it down. It was surely captivating and the characters are so real and convincing. Dee always writes with deep research and the way she represents a story is forever unique and brings enlightenment and even comfort when you read it. I just couldn't believe my eyes when it turns to shamanism and UFO. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't believe these things exist. Shamanism is very present almost in every culture in the world. And ...more
Atikaa Rhmwt
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I now understand why it took her 8 years before finally published Partikel after Petir, this book was beyond amazing. I can feel her amazing effort in gathering the information and knowledge about 'the other side'. It's just amazing. Every page was pure knowledge and new experience for me. Zarah is one hell of a strong woman. Not only we are pampered by the overwhelming amount of knowledge, but also the deep lesson of life, how to accept everything and how the meaning of home is not limited to p ...more
pradniapramitha
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I almost loved Storm, before I started to pair Zarah and Zach as my favorite "double Z" partner, and found out that she actually loves Paul.

Ironinya fangirl, karena sayangnya Paul dalam bayangan saya seperti suaminya si Melanie Ricardo, lol. I have no better imagination of good looking bald headed guy, if there is any 😅

And finally Bodhi met Elektra, yeay!
Rasanya seperti pertemuan (kembali) GD sama Kiko Mizuhara.

I really am bad at review. Seriously, sorry. But I like the book, a lot!
Qorry 'Aina
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites from Supernova Series.
The story has longer time range than the first book, so readers can imagine more details of the growth of Zarah as the main character and all the stories that shaped her.
And once again, Dee provided the supporting character that I hoped will be the main character's love interest, but unfortunately it never happened due to the big frame of Supernova Series.
Dawnie
Jun 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fourth book of Supernova Series has a real slow pace (Well, basically Akar & Petir also had a slow pace, but this one?? 500 pages, dude. Imagine...).

The Main Character, is not my favorite, obviously. I can't really relate to her as much as I did to Bodhi and Elektra. Sorry, Zarah.

And I'm disappointed by the ending. They left the biq question unanswered, smh.
Farah
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
So far my least favorite book in Supernova series. A bit boring and too cliche in some parts.
Gee still growing
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Zarah is lovely. Trust me, she's an imaginary wild female character we always dream of.
Rievinska RF
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
It takes 9 days to finish this book while juggling on so many things to do. But yeah, I feel recharged after reading this. Next... Gelombang!
Astari Noviane
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Makes me want to be Zarah.
Izzatur Rahmaniyah
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I feel connected everytime I read it. Thank you Dee Lestari. You've answered questions I've had on my mind. Can't wait to finish Gelombang that I just start.
Tony Parulian
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good
Zahrafanir
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crazy how this book could change my perspective of biology.
Myeve123
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book restores my faith in Indonesian novel/fiction, that there is a way to express beauty in this language.

First of all, I have a problem with 'backstory' books. In order to tell the whole story of Supernova series, Dee takes a character and tell his/her backstory first, before she gets to the plot. This, I understand, is a major no-no for novel writing. You don't dump a character's backstory in the beginning of a book. Readers don't care about him/her yet to want to know about his/her past
ndoro.ndoni
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Hmmmmm,,,,,,,,

Novel science
:D
Arfian Agus
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: novel, sci-fi
Okay, first of all, please all Dee fans, don't freak out because I only give this book three stars.
I would've give more if it was more scientifically accurate, have more science, less pseudoscience and less romance.

It took me so long to read this book, I borrowed the book from a friend ages ago, read a few pages, got bored, left it on top of my cabinet to dust.
Then last night I got nothing to do and I'm high on kratom so I decided to read it again.

My second time reading it is more enjoyable, I f
Hakmer Siregar
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was emotionally invested in it as with other stories. That's what I do when I read books. I sympathize with Firas up to the point when the book revealed about aliens. Since then, it's a major letdown.

First thing, atheists and what seems to be scientologist are two different things. Atheists might tell you the educational system is a failure (like Firas), but I bet they won't tell you that "aliens are here." They will tell you that in a vast universe such as ours, it is highly probable that the
Sophia
This wasn't just a "good read", this was a pretty great read. :) After you've finished you feel like you want to swallow the next book in the series, you know?
Ivan
Jun 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Dee's ability to render extensive research and scientific terms into great prose was what first hooked me to Supernova a decade ago. Partikel shows this quality once again after quite a flop in Petir. The mythology or supernatural insights in the book (thanks to Reza Gunawan, I guess) is a refreshing read. The characters are compelling and well-built, especially Zarah and Paul.

Dee deeply hates fundamentalism and she portrayed this very well in the novel, especially the conversations between Zar
Aqmarina Andira
Nov 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Partikel is the most recent book from Supernova Series. For some loyal fans, this book is like some kind of cure for their long time waiting period. Another character focused book, just like the other two. The character in this book is much more complex compared to the previous two, especially in the term of social relationship. It proves that your surroundings, your environment, will complicate your life. It will create more conflicts compare to the characters that live for themselves. But once ...more
Olivia
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I finished the book in one and a half day, came out of Zarah's world pretty well-rested. Strange, as now I feel restless and there are tons of things going around in my head, maybe the feeling after having some enteogen?

I would call it a very well-rounded book. Reading the book, I had my moments of exhilaration and soothing calmness at the same time. I loved Zarah's energy and her need to "berlari dan mencari" throughout the story as much as I adore the ease atmosphere at Tanjung Puting and I co
Dina
May 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Basically about people getting high (spiritually, though to achieve that aspiration few substances are involved). Plus, a little bit of chicklit-y detour along the way. Eventually the protagonist, Zarah, is brought back on track by her long-term secret admirer (chicklit-y detour/details entailed).

I personally love the bits of knowledge/information scattered inside the book. I wish there were more of them instead of the romantic part, but it's just me (moreover, when I think about it again, it m
Hadissa Primanda
Can’t believe that I finished this book in a short time, faster than before. I’m going to give 5 stars to this book, but it canceled ’cause I want to see the end of all the Supernova story first.

Honestly, this one is my favorite one so far. I love Zarah, her thought and strength are really something. I love the whole story too. Though it’s similiar to Bodhi’s story, who moving from country to country for living, Zarah’s story is more interesting because she learned many different things which bu
Citraningrum
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: taipei-list
There won't be enough words to describe Supernova. Eight years. Eight years before I finally held the book, read it, and cried in between.

Life is a journey. Experience will mean nothing until we put perspective in it. No matter how many things we've been through, when we don't stop and take a silence to settle the feelings and messages; it will mean nothing.

Forget the world. Submerge yourself in this unbelievable book.

-Citra
A Review: http://citraningrum.wordpress.com/201...
Ruth Elisabeth
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dee is the smartest writer in the science-fiction (novel) in Indonesia. She has a good skill in connecting science to the real world - it makes all her characters real. With good explanation, she can describe how fungi, UFO and her destiny interconnected. But, i think in Partikel, she need to explore the relationship between Storm, Koso and Zarah. It is so predictable.
Her novel bring me around that our earth is not object. Earth has its power. So that, we must live in harmony with nature (with
Junita Riany
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is smart on addressing distrust toward Indonesian's society for their doctrines and premature judgement.

Interesting thing about this is book is there are several fact mixed with fiction, slightly remind me of Dan Brown. Dee must have done some research about several things. Comparing with Supernova#1, I think she has developed her researching, assimilating, and writing skill.

I got impressions that this book somehow follow popular belief nowadays such as, aliens, science-oriented belief
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bintang
  • Critical Eleven
  • Orang-orang Biasa
  • Bumi Manusia
Dee Lestari, is one of the bestselling and critically acclaimed writers in Indonesia.
Born in January 20, 1976, she began her debut with a serial novel: Supernova in 2001. Supernova’s first episode, Kesatria, Putri, dan Bintang Jatuh (The Knight, The Princess, and The Falling Star), was sold phenomenally, achieving a cult status among Indonesian young readers. She has published four other episodes:

Supernova (6 books)
  • Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
  • Supernova: Akar
  • Supernova: Petir
  • Gelombang
  • Inteligensi Embun Pagi (Supernova, #6)

News & Interviews

“Semua pertanyaan selalu berpasangan dengan jawaban.
Untuk keduanya bertemu, yang dibutuhkan cuma waktu”
197 likes
“Kalau lawan bicaramu mendengar dengan sepenuh hati, beban pikiranmu menjadi ringan. Kalau kamu tambah ruwet, meski yang mendengarkanmu tadi seolah serius mendengar, berarti dia tidak benar-benar hadir untukmu.” 101 likes