Start by marking “Serial Hottie” as Want to Read:
Serial Hottie

Serial Hottie

Hockey-obsessed tomboy Eleanor Westley has never been the object of a guy's affection before. So when the hottest boy she's ever seen moves in across the street and starts treating her like she's the center of his universe, naturally she's going to be a little skeptical. But everything starts to make sense when girls who look just like Ellie start dying all around the city ...more
Published July 10th 2012 by Bluefields (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Serial Hottie, please sign up.
Lana no, but there is an extra in Seth's POV about the first time he saw Ellie and the first chapter, when he helps her with her injury.

Start your review of Serial Hottie
Rachel E. Carter
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-paperback
description

Once again Kelly Oram manages to give me a book I can’t help but fall for. She has a gift and I won’t deny that I love her contemporary style. She reminds me of Meg Cabot only I actually enjoy her love interests a bit more (though they are both contemporary goddesses for light-hearted romance & satire).

This is a contemporary YA thriller kind of like that movie “Head Over Heels where a new guy (Seth) moves in next door and he’s like mega hot and just enough cray-cray to make the main character (E
Paige  Bookdragon
What's better than a HOT NEIGHBOR?

Answer: A HOT NEIGHBOR who's into you.

Let's talk about why I love this book.

I've always been gaga over the love next-door type of stories. There's something hot about knowing a seriously drool-worthy person is just next door. It's not important if he's already married, has a girlfriend, is gay or just a recluse. An eye candy is an eye candy no matter what the status is. After all, you're just going to look....

But I digress.

This book is an amazing read b
Emily
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book about 5 pages in. By page 9, I was texting my bestie and telling her about the awesomeness. So, what I'm trying to say... is that this immediately became one of my favorites.

The main character, Ellie, is a tomboy to the max--complete with an athletic build, a reputation for being kick-ass at street hockey, a right hook no guy would be ashamed of, and even 3 best friends/sidekicks all of the male variety. She has an older sister who is precisely the opposite of Ellie
Yue
Ellie is a tomboyish girl who, one day, finds out she has a new neighbor -a hot boy. She starts to spy on him thru her window, especially while he is working out. Her big sister Angela joins her. One day, while she is outside, a big dog jumps on her making her fall. Does this plot sound familiar?

That is what I thought. It looked like a totally fun, romantic, light, young-adult-ish book. And after I have read Being Jamie Baker, written by the same author (a book I liked a lot) I was very enthusi
I was kind of confused while reading this book. Not because the plot was too complex or the words were too big, I just had no idea what the hell the characters were thinking.

I’ll start with Seth. I am not surprised that Ellie thought he was the serial killer, because he is c-r-e-e-p-y. Sure he’s not that serial killer, but there’s a first time for everything. He’s already got creepy stalker down so why not take that next step into murderer? I truly believe he could get there. I mean he broke in
Belle
SPOILERS..

This book confused me.. let's not lie, great, great, great plot line, lots of humour, funny characters, strong heroine, love triangles, tomboy becomes hot girl etc. etc.etc... but there's but. and a BIG but.

The lead male.

Now I won't lie the end of the book and the truth behind seth sure did make me love him but his "personality disorder" (term used lightly, because his disorder was massive on the verge of crazy person) made me unsure of his character. Sure he is your typical hot, cock
Sláinte Wanderlust
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, psycho
"The worst part is, he’s been extra sweet because he’s trying to make everything okay again. If he weren’t a serial killer, he’d be the perfect boyfriend"

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
I looooooved the Avery Shaw Experiment. It was such a great quirky light-read. I had expectation from this which were sadly unmet.

First of all, Seth , the MC, was basically an example of stalker behavior. The moment he moves into the new neighbor and sees Eleanor he latches on to her like glue. And it is not even in an endearing cute way. He just keeping riling her up and laughing at her and making jokes are not really funny. He even tried to kiss her very early on the their getting acquainted.
Cyndi
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Good book. Our heroine is the clueless tomboy trope. She plays hockey with the guys. No one thinks she is interested in boys and that is ok with her. On the summer her best friends go to summer camp without her (no girls allowed, I guess) a new boy moves in across the street. He takes an instant interest in her as a girl and she doesn't know how to handle his attraction. So she decides he is a serial killer. But does that necessarily mean he will be a bad boyfriend?
Daiane
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was really hard for me. I love Oram's writing. She seriously can make me happy when I need it and her stories are so light! However, This guy was really insane. So much that bothered me.
The first half of the book was a 3 stars for me. The second half won 3.5. As GoodReads doesn't gives us the 0.5 choice, I had to choose between 3 and 4 stars. So when I finished the book, and saw the extras with Seth's POV... OMG...

Definitely 4 stars.

Okay, first, we just have Ellie's view. From there
Theresa
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Theresa by: Goodreads
I won Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram in a giveaway for free on Goodreads First Reads- I loved this book- This is a book that would get you out of your reading slump, or give you a break from heavy reading. Serial Hottie was so much fun- nicely paced- well written- (great dialog) Fantastic Summer Read.... Impossible to put down~ I suggest this book to all* I'm sure it will make your favorites list. This is the most fun I've had reading a mystery book. (likable characters) I thought for sure I had th ...more
Deb
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
May Contain SPOILERS: I'll try not to, but no promises
I saw the reviews and the plot looked refreshing so I took a chance. The first few chapters were great, funny, well written, and Ellie seems to be a pretty brawny heroine. Almost halfway through the book things take on a disturbing turn.

The hero Seth is kind of over the top. He flies off the handle where Ellie is concerned, even punching a hole through the wall in a rage at one point. OMG, he has serious issues.

Ellie, oh Ellie. I liked her
Deborah
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5+++++++ stars..... I've never giggled and lol so much..... Such a fun read!!!!! I just need more.....
Kelly Oram please write a book in new adult!!!! I would just die to read a book of yours in your fantastic writing style but in new adult..... Can I talk u into it??? Please ... Pretty please!!!!!!
Amber
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Wow, this book was seriously jacked up. As good as The Avery Shaw Experiment was, this one was equally NOT good. Full review to come once I get to a computer, but no. Just no. So many messed up things in this one...
******
Ok, so now that I've had time to reflect on this story for a few days, my opinion hasn't changed at all about this one. It is just messed up. I have read The Avery Shaw Experiement and loved it, and also read the Jamie Baker books and they were also really good. However, this on
Boundless Book Reviews
Serial Hottie, is cute, fun, and hilarious. With of course a Serial Killer and mystery thrown in.

Ellie aka Eleanor is a total tomboy. She loves Street Hockey and isn’t afraid to break a boys nose. She also has a pretty insane temper. Her best friends go off to a summer camp, that she’s not allowed to go to. That really doesn’t leave much for her to do. Until, the hot crazy boy moves in next door. Which we are then taken on this insane rollercoaster.

I have to hand it to Kelly, she really kept t
Sowaneed
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Give it up for up and coming alpha male with his own suitcase of issues!

This story really caught you in its tension thrilling snare. I found myself smirking at their antics and wishing I had me some of THAT when I was 15.. Hooo weee... lol

All in all it was very well developed it kept you tense with not knowing and still willing to love him no matter what.

Although he seemed to have

And she was all like

description

It was still hilarious to read...

If you want something YAish with a bit more intensity then t
Evie ✰
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ok, Ok, I see you
-Suprisingly good considering the title. But wait... Maybe that's the author's strategy lmao. STEP 1: Make shitty title so the reader's expectations are low. STEP 2: Write a good story so that the reader's are shocked.
-I recommend this! It had a perfect amount of suspense and mystery without being overbearing. It also was morally grey. The MC finds herself falling in love with someone who she genuinely believes to be a serial killer!

Overall, I really liked this one and If you're
Viletta
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
I feel like this book had so much potential, and based off the reviews it worked for a lot of people, but unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I loved the actual concept for the book. It’s absolutely absurd, but absolutely awesome. I definitely haven’t read another book like it. I liked the humour and I also appreciate how straightforward Kelly Oram’s writing seems, while being deceptively complex. She set up a really great story that had twists and turns in it, and makes the reader question wha ...more
Chel (The Procrastinator's Corner)
This review is originally posted on The Procrastinator's Corner.

Serial Hottie has got to be one of the most hilarious books I've read all year! The characters were so much fun! I almost rolled on the floor laughing during Ellie and Seth's first meeting. It was probably one of the most embarrassing and awkward way of meeting your crush, especially when you both have been spying on each other for days.

At first, I thought Ellie was that type of character that was an outcast and only had one friend
Books are TARDIS
Actual Rating: 3.5 starts

I found this book difficult to rate and I've been sitting on this review for a week, because there are aspects to the story that I find troublesome, and then there are other things I really liked.

The things that I found a bit problematic:

* The cliche popular and pretty older sister.
* Athletic main character, the younger sister, who only hangs out with guys and is a bit out of touch with her feminine side. Because of course, teen girls who are athletic can only be tomboy
Inês
Aug 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
I give up on this book. It's not because of the plot or the way it's written, it's because of a single character, Seth.

He's the weirdest, creepiest and the biggest stalker in the history of male leads in books, and I can't like him even a tiny bit (maybe because he creeps me out so much).

I don't know if by the end of the book we get an explanation for why he's like this, but I do know that he's not normal, and Ellie only accepts what he does because he's hot and she's attracted to him.

To add
Readerone
May 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
I gave up on Serial Hottie about two-thirds of the way in. The way the titular hottie treated the heroine was just so disturbing, I found it hard to keep reading. He seems completely unable to grasp how his behaviour is actually terrifying to the girl he loves and even after being taken to task for it, he continues to act in a creepy way. He offers an explanation for his creepiness, but immediately after that scene he breaks into his girlfriend's room and refuses to leave. By that point I was do ...more
Nadia
What a load of bullcrap. This book sent me to a reader's block. I'm too old for this shit, so yeah, my fault.

But what kind of author makes little girls squeal for a psychotic hot boy? What is wrong with the publishing industry? How can books with such immature protagonists and masochist love interests get published?

The only redeeming quality in the book is, perhaps, that the MC didn't cave in. But that doesn't make up for the fact that the love interest, is in fact, sort of psycho.

And no, his tr
Ivusha (Tenebien)
Apr 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh. My. God.
This was terrible.
I'm sorry to say it, but this is the worst book Kelly Oram ever wrote (and which I read). I didn't even think I could finish this.
Why did I read it? Just why? Egh, because of the cameo in Happily Ever After, I guess.
The love interest was such a creepy crazy person (view spoiler), all of this felt so unbelievable, th
Lianna
Dec 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
Are we supposed to like the Seth Character? He's so creepy.. Ick. Nothing appealing or likeable really at all about him. The way he was acting was way too much and he obviously had issues that needed to be worked on. And I'm supposed to believe Ellie falls for him ? Ehh.Her and Dave would have been cute.
Cody
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
Loved it! Kelly had me belly laughing in places it was so good. If your looking for a good read with humor,attraction,family,and just an all around good time this is the book to read. Thank you Kelly for another great book!
Wendy Darling
3.5 stars I have to admit, I really enjoyed this, even though a lot of things really bothered me about the story. Some sort of short reaction to come.
BookHeroin
I need a sequel!!
Lia
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lol I freaking loved this
YA Buddy Readers'...: Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram - Starting June 8th 2018 5 10 Jun 12, 2018 11:37AM
Kelly Oram Geek L...: This topic has been closed to new comments. October Group Read: Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram 7 13 Nov 01, 2015 06:17AM
Kelly Oram Geek L...: Serial Hottie 1 5 Aug 08, 2015 07:45PM
any suggestions of books similar to this? 2 62 Aug 03, 2015 11:30PM
Kelly Oram Modern Collection Giveaway 1 2 Oct 10, 2014 03:59PM
Opinions ? 9 46 Jul 23, 2014 06:21PM

• Playing to Win (The Trouble with Tomboys #2)
  • My Summer Mistake (Sweet Mountain High, #1)
  • The Good Girl & the Bad Boy (Jackson High, #2)
  • My Fake Boyfriend  (Sweet Mountain High, #3)
  • Playing The Field (The Trouble with Tomboys #3)
  • Tomboys Don't Kiss The Quarterback (How To Date A Tomboy Book 2)
  • The Love Fakers (Love Quiz, #1)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys, #1)
  • Dare You to Kiss the Quarterback (Rock Valley High #1)
  • American Girl on Saturn (Saturn, #1)
  • The Wrong Costar (The Wrong Match Book 2)
  • Dare You to Fall for the Catcher (Rock Valley High #3)
  • Something New
  • The Nerd & the Quarterback (Jackson High #1)
  • The Deal Breakers (Love Quiz, #2)
  • The Wrong Prom Date (The Wrong Match Book 3)
  • The Quarterback and the Ballerina (The Ballerina Academy, #1)
  • How I Met Your Brother
Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.