Start by marking “Trinkets ” as Want to Read:
Trinkets

Trinkets

Sixteen-year-old Moe's Shoplifters Anonymous meetings are usually punctuated by the snores of an old man and the whining of the world's unhappiest housewife. Until the day that Tabitha Foster and Elodie Shaw walk in. Tabitha has just about everything she wants: money, friends, popularity, a hot boyfriend who worships her...and clearly a yen for stealing. So does Elodie, ...more
Published March 12th 2013 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Trinkets, please sign up.
Ixthab Well... be aware that this is NOT an LGBT book. The book and the tv show are quite different.…moreWell... be aware that this is NOT an LGBT book. The book and the tv show are quite different. (less)

Start your review of Trinkets
Natalie (Natflix&Books)
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
Trinkets was exactly the kind of fast-paced, easy read I needed. I've been in a major book slump lately (I must be 30-60% of the way through at least 10 books right now--nothing has been holding my attention) so I'm so glad I picked this one up.

Trinkets is about 3 high school girls: Moe, Tabitha, and Elodie.

Moe is the "bad girl". She hangs out with the tough girls in her school even though she secretly loves Katy Perry (and other Pop favorites) and is secretly sleeping with the boy across the
Steph Campbell
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED the voice(s) in this novel. Superb storytelling, unique voice even with alternating pov, would love to see this book translated to film.
baileyyy (firebreathingreader)
this was super fun and fast paced and i really recommend this if you want a feel-good book that will put you in a good mood!
Melissa
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I won this book in a give away so I didn't have the chance to take a peak inside to see if this book would be a perfect match for me or not.

I was hoping it would be more detailed and little bit more complicated in the writing style. The story is very short and to the point and written perfectly for people in the 13 to 14 age group.

The story is told from three perspectives of three very different teenage girls in high school. I felt at times that the cliques were sort of cliche and, in my
Hélène Louise
Hilary Graham
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book! TRINKETS is a beautifully told story of friendship between three girls who, despite their outward differences, ultimately help each other discover the people they truly are. Touching, hilarious, and real.
Cassy Hodges
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
quick popcorn lit for tweeny girls watching iCarly that haven't graduated to Degrassi
Miss Literati
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kirsten Smith’s newest novel TRINKETS is a humorous read filled with high school drama, shoplifting, and above all, friendship.

Moe is a 16-year-old troublemaker that, to no one’s surprise, has to attend weekly Shoplifters Anonymous meetings. The dulls-ville gatherings start to become a bit more interesting when ‘it’ girl Tabitha and goody-two-shoes Elodie show up. Who would have thought these seemingly perfect girls would have such sticky fingers?

What starts off as acquaintanceship soon turns to
❅☤ Luca
— 3.75 / 5 stars — ...more
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, entertaining and fast paced.
Luke Reynolds
Actual rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Unfortunately, I don't have much to say about this book. I'm watching the Netflix series right now and enjoying it, but aside from the great premise the two anchor themselves in, they feel like completely different properties, which I guess is the point. This was a light and breezy read that felt aged since its publication. Each girl represents a high school cliche: the awkward new girl, the most popular girl in school, and the burnout. Throw them into
Natasha
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
- 3.5 / 5 stars -

Was a quick easy read which was a nice change. However, I wasn't amazed and nothing stood out as spectacular. Still enjoyed it though.
Amanda
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-books
So I watched the show on Netflix a few months back and didn't realize until I was nearly done with it that it was based on a book. So I finally got around to reading it. The show and book are pretty different, not in a good or bad way, the core plot is the same but many things are different between both mediums. This was not a story I felt like I had to read before watching it (which I generally feel I need to read something before it's made into a movie or show), but it was pretty simple so it ...more
Josie M.
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was interesting; the premise is unlike anything I have ever seen before. I think the author definitely took a risk in writing this book, but I think it payed off.
This book is a multi-perspective story that follows an unlikely friendship that develops through a Shoplifters Anonymous support group.
I liked that this book was multi-perspective. The story was graceful and flowed nicely. Seeing the story through different points of view helped the reader draw similarities and differences
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Every now and then I try a different genre to see what I think and if I might enjoy it. I don't normally read/listen to contemporary YA novels and though I thought this was okay I can still say it's not really a preferred genre.

Trinkets is told in the POV of three different girls who all have different backgrounds and reasons for shoplifting. They all go to the same school but would never ever be seen together as they hang out with different crowds.

Moe is kind of a rebel with a reputation but
Zach Foley
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book about teenage shoplifters had no right to be this good.
Barbara
Told from the varying points of view of three high school girls who couldn't have less in common, this title is sure to be snapped up by teen readers who will see parts of themselves reflected in Tabitha, Elodie, and Moe. The three meet at a Shoplifters Anonymous meeting after getting in trouble for taking things without paying. Readers will have several of their assumptions about the reasons behind theft challenged by the author's depictions of the girls. In the case of Tabitha, shoplifting is ...more
Kelly Hager
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Kirsten Smith co-wrote two movies I love (Legally Blonde and 10 Things I Hate About You) and one I hated (The Ugly Truth). That sentence will probably tell you whether or not you want to read this book.

Like the movies I loved, this book won't change your life and it probably won't be something you end up re-reading.

But if you're in a reading slump or if you even just want to read a book that's cute and sweet but is also unexpectedly deeper than you'd expect it to be, this may be the book for
Patricia
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's been awhile since I've read a book. I've been so busy with college stuffs (I'm reading starting today I hope I still pass). So on to the book review...

I loved their personalities. I never got annoyed with their attitude and all. I loved how the story progressed. I loved everything about the book. It didn't focus on romance. Instead it focused on family and friends. It was a refreshing read. And yeah, I just wanna say I'm the combination of the three of them. lol
Laurie Perrone
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A perfect view of how unguided teens resolve their problems...by making even bigger mistakes and then then ultimately growing from the bigger mistakes! This was a humorous take on very unlikely friendships between the social classes in high school.
Susan Schatvet
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, three girls Moe, Elodie and Tabitha all with a different story, who probably never would have connected as friends had they not shared something in common, a compulsive need to shoplift. Kirsten Smith's development of their characters was very believable.
marisa inez
May 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
idk why I like it so much

It just...... I DUNNO MAN I just like it a lot
Danie
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
some parts were kinda cliche and typical ya writing but overall this was a nice quick read
Miranda
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't know if it's the because of the red wine I was drinking when reading it (even though the only people of drinking age in the book were the parents), but I found this book to be a delight.
Tess (Book_Voyage)
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
kim
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
my opinion of this book is definitely not unbiased since i had watched the tv show and already loved the main characters before i even found out this book exists.
if you haven't watched the tv show i'd say that this isn't a super memorable read but definitely fun and quick! (i'd also say please watch the tv show it's so good and has an amazing diverse cast)
Kristina
Cross-posted from my blog: quietandbusy.blogspot.com

I wasn't planning on reading Trinkets this month (or ever), but one of my students recently read it and offered to loan it to me. It's my general policy to always say yes when that happens, so here we are. This young adult novel about a trio of teenage shoplifters was originally published in 2013, but a Netflix series based on the novel that premiered last year has revived interest in it. I hadn't heard of either the series or the novel before
Adriana  Williams
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
after spending the last few days back to back with disapointing books, I went into this one with low expectations-which luckily led me to be pleasantly surprised.

You meet 3 girls from 3 high school cliques- the popular pretty one, the straight boring new girl, and the punk rock rebel.

All 3 go to the same school-but are worlds apart in social status. Homelife for each girl is challenging due to a remarriage, a cheating, absentee Dad, an alcoholic Mom in denial, and dead parents.

What brings the
Katie Pesznecker
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Breezy YA read about three unalike teenagers in Lake Oswego, Ore. (of all places!) who form an unexpected friendship while attending a shoplifting anonymous group session. You've got the pretty popular girl who's coping with a dysfunctional home life; an outcast orphan who gravitates toward the "bad kids" even if she doesn't seem to have much in common with them; and the winsome new girl who is unsettled by her own awkwardness. I heard this is also a Netflix series - no idea if it's any good. ...more
Jennifer Maguire
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is what I want from a book!!
Original story with great writing.
Easy read but with some thought provoking life anecdotes in there too.
I really liked this book I’d recommend it.
I loved the fact it was a little dated with the music singers and the fact that Facebook was the big thing then. A bit of nostalgia there which made me smile.
I hate when books get too descriptive it’s like punishing myself reading them but this book dsnt bother with that it actually tells a story!
Loved the characters
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Les 7 vies de Léo Bellamy
  • Cogito
  • Number 10
  • Izzy + Tristan
  • Dead Popular
  • Clownsnacht
  • Le Manoir des Sorcelage (Wicca, #1)
  • Get Out of Town (Riverdale #2)
  • What Magic Is This?
  • Nos Âmes Tourmentées
  • Het meisjesmanifest
  • Zwijg
  • L'Arrache-mots
  • Season of the Witch (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #1)
  • Ashes Falling for The Sky 2
  • Child I
  • Je suis ton soleil
  • Torn
Kirsten Smith is a screenwriter and authors. She co-wrote LEGALLY BLONDE, 10THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU, SHE'S THE MAN and ELLA ENCHANTED. She co-wrote and executive produced THE HOUSE BUNNY and THE UGLY TRUTH. She executive produced WHIP IT.

She has written two YA novels, THE GEOGRAPHY OF GIRLHOOD and TRINKETS, the latter of which is being made into a Netflix series, due out in 2019.

She has had over
“I’m only here now because I’m Rachelle’s plus one, a beta to her alpha.” 1 likes
“People disappear, but objects stay.” 1 likes