Start by marking “Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter, #9; Were-Hunter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter, #9; Were-Hunter, #4)

Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter #8)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  36,799 Ratings  ·  1,028 Reviews
It's a predator-eat-predator world for the Were-Hunters. Danger haunts any given day. There is no one to trust. No one to love. Not if they want to live.... An orphan with no clan that will claim him, Wren Tigarian grew to adulthood under the close scrutiny and mistrust of those around him. A forbidden blend of two animals - snow leopard and white tiger - Wren has never li ...more
Audiobook, Unabridged
Published September 2010 by Macmillan Audio (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Unleash the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unleash the Night

Ana
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mythology
It was ok. Love me some Wren.

tenor

He was odd even in the Were-Hunter world. When it came to the human world … they would lock him in a cage if they ever learned of him.

tumblr_lr1crgum_Q91qfucupo1_500
Sophia Triad
Wren Tigarian (Katagaria - half snow leopard and half white tiger) & Marguerite "Maggie" D’Aubert Goudeau (Human)

Mom and Dad don't like me
They say I'm mean and crude
They tried to make me a good little boy
By sticking downers in my food

My neighbours try to run me down
Because I'm such a mess
Maybe it's cause of the way I look
Or maybe the way I dress

Girls don't really like me
That's why I hate myself
Maybe it's cause of the way I look
Or maybe it's something else.

DEAD MILKMEN lyrics from the song “V
Alex is The Romance Fox
Seize The Night the 2nd book in the Were-Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon continues with this story of Wren Tigarian,
 photo 7753596_zps9rbdju17.jpg
a hybrid mix of a Snow Leopard and a White Tiger
 photo large_zpsehael8gm.jpg
Outcast by his clan he has led a life of solitude and fighting to survive from the enemies who want to destroy him.

Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau - Maggie - is the daughter of a prominent U.S. Senator and has been forced to lead the life of a socialite, which she despises. Beautiful and smart, she has always felt like an outsid
Alp
I LOVED THIS BOOk! It is absolutely awesome! I loved both Wren and Maggie, a cute couple. Everything I've known about Were-Hunters is so intriguing. Near the end when Maggie got some power, I felt a bit surprised but I liked it because that made them had their sweet HEA eventually.

This is a great series! I'm flying to the next book!
Denisa
I absolutely loved this story!

I can't believe I was lucky enough to read two great books in a row!

Ok, I must admit, I forgot how much I liked this series. And surprisingly, the 8th book is still really good! Most of the times, after the first couple of books, a series becomes "meh". Not this one!

The characters were lovely! Normally, it annoys me when the plot focuses more on their love story (here, the plot was the love story!). But this one was great! It wasn't that annoying, gushy thing I usu
Gavin
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was a pretty standard Dark-Hunter book. That is not a bad thing. The books are usually light-hearted reads filled with plenty of romance, humor, and with just enough drama to keep things interesting.

I liked the romance in this one. I was unsure about Wren to begin with, the guy is a bit weird, but enjoyed the way his feelings for Marguerite developed and how they helped bring him out of his shell. I was equally happy with the way Marguerite's feelings for Wren helped to give her the courag
CC
I have a love / hate relationship with this series. But this one was a gem! I loved Wren and Maggie. Wren, as usual, had a heartbreaking history, but not nearly as bad as others. Maggie also had some sadness and shadows in her past, but together they were able to overcome.

Was it perfect - well no, but I am not sure anything is anymore.

Overall, I loved Wren and all of his issues and I loved watching Maggie help him through them. Even when he pushed her away, he could not let go and she did not l
Exina
Jan 04, 2014

Unleash the Night is a really great Were-Hunter story. I enjoyed the plot very much, as well as the high quality writing. It was simply unputdownable. You have the reader’s privilege to know everything, and it is great. I like to be informed. Cleverly measured tension, great suspense and worrisome conflicts, heartbreaking past, amazing secondary characters, and emotional, intimate, but also steamy erotic scenes.

The main characters, their emotions, backgrounds, and motivations are fu
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Very sweet book. Younger feeling, as the two main characters are college aged vs all those eons old DH's. In contrast to the DH books, the Were-Hunters books are about living life amongst humans, surviving enemies, & finding your fated mate. The DH's are all about duty, the job, being bound for all time to Artemis.

Wren: super antisocial busboy at the Sanctuary bar. Snow leopard-tiger hybrid. Extremely fierce & dangerous. Rarely speaks or makes eye contact. Appearance - hobo style.

Maggi
Grecia Robles
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
AMO ESTA SERIE, DIOS ¡! ME VOLVÍ UNA ADICTA, creo que ya lo había dicho no?

No sé cómo le hace Sherrilyn Kenyon, para hacer hombres taaan lindos, comestibles y que son fáciles de amar, pero es que cada protagonista tiene algo que los amas unos más que otros mis favoritos hasta ahorita sin contar a Ash son Vane y Zarek.

Pero Wren es Mi hombre PERFECTO, para que conozcan algo de mí, me encantan los tigres y todo lo que sea de felinos pero en especial los tigres, y Wren es un hombre-tigre, por eso d
Hayledie
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Çooook mükemmeldi.

Karakterlerden girmicem, Wren zaten ayrı mükemmel. Ama hikaye, gidişat falan çok çok ayrı mükemmeldi. Özellikle de şu mate işaretinin baya sonra çıkması beni benden aldı. Evet mate olayına aşığım, hatta Sherrilyn bunları eşlemeyecek diye çok korktum kitabın sonuna kadar içimden sövmediğim küfür bela kalmadı fjaşdlaşdl

Ama işte tam bu kitapta bize diyor ki Sherrilyn, o mating mark belki olayı dramatikleştirip özelleştiriyor lakin karakterlerin hissettiği aşk eşleşmeye bağlı bişi
Neftis
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
No esta mal este libro pero no es mi top.
Laura V.
Jilly
Okay, why are these were-animal men so damn sweet and swoon-worthy? Maybe it's the fact that animals are pretty honest in their emotions. I don't worry about my dog being an arrogant jerk or cheating on me with another family. Animals are pretty straight forward. Except cats. They are the embodiment of all evil.

So, we have a guy named Wren (really?), and a girl named Maggie. He's some sort of hybrid shape shifter that turns into a cross between a white tiger and a panther. Does anyone else have
AJ
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wren. Oh Wren. The abandoned, misunderstood, but oh-so-hot Tigard (that would be a cross between a Tiger and a Leopard). Actually he’s a were-Tigard which makes him part human as well. Whatever… he’s achingly gorgeous, and a bit of a loose cannon but at the same time is absolutely swoony with a very gentle soul. Keeping to himself since the death of his parents, he has essentially removed himself from the world, and has an innocence about him that is just irresistible!

Maggie was a great match f
majo
THE CRINGIEST BOOK OF THEM ALL.

ugh.

I honestly dont know why I didnt enjoy it as much as the previous 7 books.... But the characters felt super boring and plain and meh. this whole book felt "meh" to me. The relationship between Wren and Marguerite lacked of passion, and there were moments super unrealistic, even in this world. UUGHH.(the very ending was amazing because we get to see Nick and I am refering to the very last page, the only interesting moment to me, tbh)

Also...this "Savitar" charac
Nika
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

a lotta repetition and foreshadowing and exchanging povs zillion times during one scene.
plus- different voices fairly distinct, Wren; minus- aforementioned repetitivness and uninspired sex scenes.
Juli
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
♥♥♥
Creo que esta mujer no va a dejar nunca de crear hombres que quiero en mi vida, historias que me hagan emocionar.
Me ha gustado MUCHO ♥
Wren ♥♥
Lelyana's Reviews
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Carmen
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Well, unintentionally tagging on to Joe Valdez's theme, I guess this is my time-travel book for the month.
...

4 ROMANCE STARS
...

Most people think Wren Tigarian is mute. A busboy with long dreadlocks who never makes eye contact, rarely speaks, and avoids all human contact, Wren exudes a sinister, predatory aura that dares anyone to try and get close to him.

Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau is a rich college student, daughter of a senator, attending law school - and she is miserable. Her father is a poli
Tessa Teevan
Reread- Oct 2015

Every time I pick up a Sherrilyn Kenyon book, I know I'll be doing nothing that day as I get lost in her amazing world of sexy, swoonworthy heroes and sassy, quick-witted, fierce heroines. I'm usually a little like this...

description

And I'M NEVER DISAPPOINTED!

I devoured Wren and Maggie's book and now that I'm done, I'm so sad it's over. I don't know what it is about the Dark Hunter Universe, but I was hooked from the very beginning and each book get better even when it seems impossible.

description

Th
~~~Heather S.~~~
Jun 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.5 Stars*
I loved Wren and Maggie! Wren had my heart from the beginning, poor, misunderstood, sweetheart that he is and Maggie who never judged him when so many others did. The storyline was exciting and full of action with convoluted time travel elements that prevented me from putting it down! The ending was fantastic and I liked how their mating played out, Fates be damned!!
Dominika
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time read - July 2010 ( I think) - 5 stars
Second time read - July 2015 - 5 stars
This book and Night Pleasure are my favorite from Sherrilyn Kenyon so far. There are also the first two I've read by her.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
One of my top and favourite Dark-Hunter books. I just love how it started, my favourite line from the first page:

“Life is a soul-sucking test that you either survive or fail. Personally I think failure blows, so I intend to survive and laugh my ass off at all the losers”.

Marguerite didn’t match her snooty lifestyle that she lived; she’s down to earth and makes her own mind-up based on her moral compass, she’s strong. Wren and Marguerite had an instant connection and when walking home from the ba
Ronda  Tutt
4.5/5

❤🐯🐆...... 🐒
P.Q. Glisson
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter brought this book out to me and told me I had to read it. It looked interesting and somehow familiar so I picked it up and started reading on Friday. I finished on Sunday. About a quarter of the way through I realized I'd already read it once before, but I couldn't stop. It was soooo goood!!!!!
I put Kenyon away for awhile. Don't ask me why. I don't know what madness possessed me. She is the Queen of adult paranormal romance. I of course now have to continue reading the ones I missed.
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
A welcome change of pace in this series! Don't get me wrong - I love the Dark-Hunters, but I really enjoyed Wren's story. Wren is an outcast-a rare white tiger/snow leopard mix shunned by everyone. He has escaped harm thus far by staying at Sanctuary, a bar/refuge run by Were-Bears. Wren is quiet & unassuming - always staying under the radar as he works at the bar as a busboy. But things change the night Maggie Goudeau, a senator's daughter, comes into the bar with friends. For the first tim ...more
Zeek
Unleash The Night features Wren's story- a character we met briefly before in another of her novels but I can't think which. Wren, a forbidden mix of white tiger and snow leopard in Kenyon's Were-Hunter world, is silent and brooding and perfectly yummy. I fell for him instantly and, combined with the heroine, Marguerite, the book is a sure keeper.

I like Maggie, a girl from the world of wealthy politicians minus the snooty attitude. She fell for Wren at first sight and that made me like her even
A Million More Pages: 9 - Unleash the Night (DH): Jul 20 2 13 Jul 26, 2015 05:09PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 9 Unleash the Night (May 1 to 15) 56 19 Jul 14, 2013 10:41AM
Kenyon Minions 1 18 Feb 11, 2008 09:03AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Touch of Darkness (Darkness Chosen #2)
  • Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
“If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with.” 570 likes
“Have you ever wanted something that you knew was bad for you? Something that you ached for so much you could think of nothing else? [Wren]” 236 likes