Start by marking “Hemlock Grove: Reflections On The Motive Power Of Fire” as Want to Read:
Hemlock Grove: Reflections On The Motive Power Of Fire

Hemlock Grove: Reflections On The Motive Power Of Fire (Hemlock Grove 0.5)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  155 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Enjoy this exclusive graphic novel prequel to "Hemlock Grove" by Brian McGreevy.
Published March 29th 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux

To ask other readers questions about Hemlock Grove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hemlock Grove

Mehmet
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is treasure. And wonderfully creepy. I'm neither a fan of graphic novels nor ebooks but I had to indulge my itching curiosity and accept this ghoulish, thirty-page drive through JR Godfrey's point of view, a character that had made no appearance in the novel for being, well, dead.

Reflections on the Motive Power of Fire is, without question, a must-read prequel!
HopelessBookAddict
May 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
I loved having a prequel and the fact that it was a graphic novel was cool. I just prefer books. Plus the show on Netflix did this prequel in season 2 so it was better on TV. Still, it was a cool addition to the series.
Jessica Darling
Damn. Is that not one hell of a long title for a 32 page ebook? Also, don’t ask me what it means. I’ve read this, and I still couldn’t tell ya. I should probably look it up.

This is a short graphic novel that acts as a prelude to the events in the book ‘Hemlock Grove’ by Brian McGreevy, and the tv show of the same name (which is rad af by the way, check that out on Netflix asap). I actually enjoy the tv show a lot more than I enjoyed the novel, and mainly just wanted to check this little novella
Samantha Pedroza
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-books
I'm sorry for the use of foul language but this graphic novel was...FLUPPING AWESOME!

YES I CENSORED MYSELF DO NOT JUDGE.

I loved the book and the show and pray to the hemlock heavens that there is a continuation to all 3 for decades to come! I think you either love or hate this story and if you do choose a side you're probably very passionate about your choice. I am obsessed OBSESSED with any and all things hemlock! Ask me why and I couldn't fully say!
It's magical, mysterious, spooky, enticing,
Liz Coburn
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
READ NOW FREE ONLINE: http://www.tor.com/2012/03/29/read-an... I searched online for this cuz i wanted to get it. I couldnt find it anywhere I looked, they dont even have it on amazon. I think thats because its an online only graphic novel (in black & white). It does give background to JR Godfrey and the high tower.
Meghan Hildreth
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
This quick-read provides a glimpse into the life of the Godfrey family prior to JR's death. The illustrations are unique, and the story is engaging. I found it online, here: http://www.tor.com/stories/2012/03/re...
Stina
While I enjoyed this, it didn't really tell me anything I didn't know, other than that Jr was aware of the affair before his passing.

Enjoyable if you are a fan looking for a quick fix to hold you over until the final season starts, but not anything groundbreaking.
Leni Krsová
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
It is a bit confusing at the beginning thanks to all the different years of different pages of the graphic novel but you can get used to it quite quickly. The end is just mind blowing! It's a great teaser for the "main" novel Hemlock Grove and I can't wait to read it.
Melissa
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I heard about this from After Buzz TV's podcast of Hemlock Grove and I went right over to the website and read it. It was a great introduction to the series.
Guinee
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I think every author should have something like this - comic or at least few drawings for the story. It makes the story a special one for the reader.
Mafalda Santos
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars
Such a good and powerful graphic novel! A must read for fans of the tv show or the book!

ps - yes, I am definitely obsessed with Hemlock Grove
Louisa
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really great short story, the show used a good few of the scenes from this book, after Olivia joins the family, not the pre-Olivia moments, but yeah, it was a great and creepy short story, loved it!
Sylvester
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, horror
Sort of a rip off to the main series with a hideous artwork work, the story itself was OK but not exactly fun to read.
Hope Bartrom
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Awesome
Tiffany Kramer
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fast read and nice addition to Hemlock Grove that is far more accessible and reader friendly than McGreevy's novel.
Celi
Aug 25, 2016
Sarah L.
Dec 15, 2016
Emily
rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
General 1 7 Apr 29, 2013 04:44PM
  • The Shadow Guests
  • Magic City: Recent Spells
  • Spirits of the Noh (The Waking, #2)
  • Blood-C, Vol. 01 (Blood-C, #1)
  • Criminal Macabre Omnibus Volume 1
  • Dance Only for Me (Dance with the Devil, #4)
  • The Blood Books, Volume II (Omnibus: Blood Lines / Blood Pact)
  • Harvest
  • Mulengro
  • Superheroes Anonymous (Superheroes Anonymous #1)
  • Crimson Spell, Vol. 5
  • Babylon Steel (Babylon Steel, #1)
  • Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, Vol. 3: The Innocent Malice
  • Clive Barker's Next Testament Vol. 1
  • Leviathan!
  • October: Trick of Silver (Calendar Boys, #10)
  • Summoning (Moon Wolf Saga, #1)
  • Darkling Mine