Start by marking “Under His Protection (Protect and Defend, #1)” as Want to Read:
Under His Protection (Protect and Defend, #1)

Under His Protection

(Protect and Defend #1)

He’ll protect her at any cost…

Protect and Defend, Book 1

Protecting the vice president’s daughter is Secret Service agent Mason Russell’s top priority. With the election looming and the party’s hold shaky, Mason’s been given an important assignment – rein the controversial party girl Blake Hewitt in.

He’d like to rein Blake in all right. Keep her under his control and naked
Published April 2012

To ask other readers questions about Under His Protection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under His Protection

Dahlia (yadkny)
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Contemp Romance Lovers
Being the Vice President’s daughter may come with many privileges, but for Blake Hewitt, living in the public eye has lead to disappointments and the feeling of inadequacy. Blake knew all too well how her father felt about her and he made no bones about letting her know what he thought every day. The frustration of never being good enough yet always seeking his approval and love has made it extremely difficult for her to be herself. Constantly pushed aside and made to feel unimportant by everyon ...more
Judy
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is the first of two books in Erickson's Protect and Defend series and the first book that I have read by this author. The plot and characters were engaging, but the editing was sub-par. I can understand one or two errors; but when there are many misspelled words, incomplete sentences, etc., I become annoyed. If the book had been better edited, it would have been a 4-star read for me.

Secret Service agent Mason Russell has been assigned to keep the Vice-President's daughter, Blake Hewitt, ou
Stella
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have discovered Karen Erickson thanks to her erotic historical romance novella Lessons in Indiscretion last year, I enjoyed it so much I knew she would be an author to follow, and when I saw her latest delicious releases (Under His Protection and Worth the Scandal) I couldn’t resist.

Under His Protection is the first novel in Karen Erickson’s new romantic suspense series all featuring deliciously handsome Secret Service agents as their heroes, the Protect and Defend series.

Under His Protection
Kat Morrisey
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I rounded this up. If there were half and quarter stars, this would be a 2.75(ish).

I liked the book. I Did. It was a quick read and since I like the author, it was worth the time. However, she's written better. (Jane's Gift was awesome and Worth the Scandal was better than this one, in my opinion.) She created a great hero in Mason. I didn't really like Blake though. And here is why. She was a brat, a rich brat in fact who wouldn't tell the people in her life who treated her like crap to go to h
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
There can be a fine line between a manly hero and an overbearing one. Karen Erickson manages to create our hero, Mason, who is both super-protective (he's a secret service agent!), yet also is incredibly thoughtful and sweet. That thrown in with just a slight bit of vulnerability and I was hooked. Even though he literally has to watch over Blake, the vice president's daughter, 24/7, it never once seems like he misuses that power. In fact, he does everything he can to remain a gentleman and keep ...more
The Smutty Kitty
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
As posted on The Smutty Kitty

Blake and Mason have a lot of sexual tension pulling the two of them together but Mason is trying so hard to be a professional and resist the urge to show Blake just how much he wants her. He has worked really hard to get to where he is and doesn’t want anything to jeopardize his future. While Blake and Mason are in such close contact on an island it was harder and harder to stop the magnetic pull between them. It takes Blake being kidnapped and held hostage (albeit
Stephanie
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Under His Protection is the first book in the Protect and Defend series. I was hooked from the beginning. The chemistry between Blake and Mason sizzles off the page. The push and pull of Mason fighting his desire for Blake and staying strictly professional is well written and intriguing to see how he will finally give in. This is a romance so we all know he gives in.

The question that kept me turning the pages in beginning of the book was how he would give in. Once Mason gave in, I was hooked to
Mario
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Under His Protection is an engaging romance novel that explores the deceitful human nature in acts of love and passion. When you combine politics, men in suit (Secret Services) how can you go wrong? Masons attempt at being professional while Blake tries to draw him in adds intensity to the novel leaving the readers wondering is he going to give in or what? It is a well written, highly sensual novel that will leave you desperate for the next book in the trilogy.
Sheryl C. Nash
I just love a hot, ALPHA male; in this case Mason who happens to be tough, good-looking, HOT, always-in-control Secret Service agent. But what I love is how Ms. Erickson, doesn't turn them into some APLHA a**hole, but rather a real sweetie underneath their gruff exterior. Throughly enjoyed the story and am definitely looking forward to the next story in this series!
Crystal
Ehhh definitely a Lifetime Movie type story. Cheesy and predictable, plus I didn't really believe any of the romance between the main characters.
Lora J.
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This one was fucking HOT!!!!!! Pardon my French but ready for next one on this series thx good read
Maridy
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice! Loved the characters. Good length for the story. Hot Chemestry. Good Job!
Jessie
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked this book but it wasn't my favorite by this author.
Roxana
Mar 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF
Rhonda
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a hot read! I can't wait for the 2nd book. I love the hot, strong Alpha male. Gets me everytime!
Laurie
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good romance. I liked Mason's aloofness. Blaire was needy and naive.
Zarith dol
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love the teasing and bantering between H & h. Got to love the story of secret service fall in love with his protectee
Stephanie
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great read!! Super sexy! Loved it!
Kellie
Jun 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked this book. I thought it was well written a little slow at times. I will read the rest of the series.
Elle
Shannon
Feb 21, 2014
Meagan
Sep 27, 2012

• Pitch Black (Black CATs, #2)
  • Tempted by His Target
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Protecting Paige (Serve and Protect, #3)
  • A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Lewis (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #2)
  • Tightly Wound (SEALS, Inc., #4)
  • Criminal Promises: Second Chance Detectives
  • Good at Being Bad (Boys of Beachville, #1)
  • Shiver of Fear (The Guardian Angelinos, #2)
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns Book 2)
  • Collateral Damage (Silent Warrior, #1)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Family Secrets (A Cop in the Family, #1)
  • Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)
  • The Green-Eyed Doll
  • Always You
  • Who Needs a Hero? (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #0.5)
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page: