Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist, Tome 02 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist, Tome 02 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2)

Fullmetal Alchemist, Tome 02 (Fullmetal Alchemist #2)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  12,714 Ratings  ·  310 Reviews
Une fois à Central City, les deux frères Elric font la connaissance des deux personnes qui deviendront leurs plus précieux alliés : Roy Mustang alias l'alchimiste de feu, et le débonnaire Louis Armstrong, colosse au coeur tendre ne manquant jamais une occasion de se déshabiller pour dévoiler son imposante musculature. Mais pour nos héros, il s'agit surtout de commencer leu ...more
Published September 8th 2005 by Kurokawa (first published May 20th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Fullmetal Alchemist, Tome 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fullmetal Alchemist, Tome 02

Antonio

Tehlu misericordioso ¿Por qué?

¿Por qué?

Esto es perturbadoramente insuperable, es monstruoso, e imperdonable, hay poco que pueda decir sin hacer spoilers, pero les digo que Fullmetal Alchemist tiene elementos psicológicos que paran los pelos, y que en este tomo hacen llorar a cualquiera.

Para saber porque deberías empezar a leer este grandioso manga puedes ver mi reseña del primer tomo de Fullmetal Alchemist #1 Aquí

No lo lamentaran ;-)

Lily
Well, ouch. I picked this up looking for an fun, action-y read in the style of volume 1. I did not expect it to perforate my heart quite so quickly, or to haunt me for so long afterwards. The story still has its cute and slapstick moments, but their ephemerality is painfully evident. There's now little doubt that the stakes are high, and that the unthinkable is actually very thinkable for certain people. The early part of the story is so chilling that it kinda overshadowed everything that came a ...more
Grace
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga
Second volume is better than the first one!!! We get to see more emotion from Edward and we also get to see the strong bond between the Elric brothers. I really love these two boys so much and I just want them to be happy!!! Definitely reading the next one soon!
Kogiopsis
At the end of every volume of FMA is a very small panel depicting all the characters who died with halos over their heads and wings on their backs, ascending to Heaven.

It's worth noting that Shou Tucker is shown wallowing in Hell. Even Father gets to go to Heaven, but Tucker goes to Hell. That makes me bizarrely happy, because I hate Tucker more than I hate any other character in the series, bar none - not Pride, though he creeps me out; not Envy, even after all he's done; not even Kimblee, who'
Nərmin
Woow! The coolness of this volume was impressive! I loved how it can be both funny and dark...Really liked Elric brothers))
Caroline
ANOTHER great volume! I loved learning more about our two main characters as we get deeper into the story. I haven't watched the anime so all of this is new and exciting for me and I AM LOVING IT.

Meeting new characters was a lot of fun, especially Roy Mustang because I've heard a lot about him. It was really cool as well to meet a villain character and see some awesome fight sequences. Scar seems like he'll be a really interesting antagonist. The art style is still great and I found fights easy
Becky
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hawkeye is my favourite and I wish there were more girls.
Radwa
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
So I can see a lot of religious details, such as introducing three of the seven deadly sins (lust, gluttony, envy) as demons? at this point, I don't know what they really are, but they're there. Scar's whole story and religious view are interesting. Using Alchemy to destroy Alchemists in the name of (religion?).

I'm enjoying the tasks Edward and Al go through, and despite not being able to keep up with all the alchemists introduced in this volume, I love their variety. We also need more female ch
Esma Tezgi
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Bu seride hoşuma giden bir şey var, sanırım bazı yönleri bana çocukken izlediğim çizgi filmleri anımsatıyor, Ed'in çıldırması, o sıradaki görüntüsü gibi şeyler.
Şimdilik hoşuma gitti, devam etmei düşünüyorum, okuması zevkli ve rahatlatıcı. İyi zaman geçiriyorsunuz.
Irmak
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
İlkinden çok daha güzeldi.
Sevdim ❤
Lanie
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: manga fans
I take back what I said in my review of book one. ;)

I thought the first volume of "fullmetal alchemist" was pretty cheesy. Kinda cutesy & leaning more towards the lower end of the teenage audience range it's going for.

But this!

Volume two...

My god! This was anything BUT cheesy. This was so sad. And so epic. And funny. There was so much character development and world building. We were given so much reason to love Al & Ed, echo at first seem like goofballs, but are really so much deeper
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)

As Edward and Al continue their quest to get their original bodies back, they encounter danger, and see how far a desperate alchemist will go to keep his license.

This volume broadens the examination of the dark side of alchemy and the theory of equivalent exchange. What is the life of young girl worth, when her father has run out of options in his research? When he does the unthinkable, Edward realizes how close to the edge of darkness he came during his efforts to perform forbidden al
King Haddock
I suppose I discussed a lot of Scar's religious aspects in my review of Volume 1, no mind that we first meet Scar here. Thus, I will continue onto the creepy chimera-making whatnot.

I definitely flinch about what happened. But good authors make us flinch, so no mind that the concept made me uncomfortable, I applaud Hiromu Arakawa for writing a potent scene. I really hope we meet no more chimera alchemists though... oh please no.

I feel like the next volume is where things will really get "started"
Maria Kaye
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scarrrrrrrrr!
Michelle *Queen of Dorks*
I really struggled with rating this 3* or 4*. On one hand, this manga is the basis of one of my most favorite anime series ever, a series that I even added to my meager bluray collection (to clarify, I mean FMA:B, not the first incarnation - I'm one of the few who loathed that one). On the other hand, this was a slow volume that was conveyed most excellently on TV, and retreading it here was a bit...uneventful, to me.

All in all, it probably deserves 4*, but my rating is what it is.
Mike
I don't really know why I'm not into this series as I should be. Maybe it's the lack of an overarching plot, or villain - sure, there's the general theme of Edward and Alphonse trying to get their old bodies back, but the events of this volume and the last one didn't really work towards that theme. The lack of tension that this causes is pretty much all I can think of, in terms of why this isn't wowing me the way it seems to wow most people. Because this really was good. Arakawa's writing is con ...more
Olivia
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2015, manga
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 2, had all the right aspects that made me really like the first volume. However, I lost slight track of the events in the middle, things became a little hectic and hard to follow with the narrative jumping around a little with the introduction of new plots and lots of new characters.

Despite being slightly confused, I really enjoyed the storyline. This instalment turned a little darker, and had less of the fun, dry humour that was in the first instalment, which was a sh
নাজমুল হাসান
As expected the story turns into a darker tone. But still keeps its lighthearted elements alive. The 2 most important characters introduced in this volume in my opinion are General Armstrong who is both funny and strong and the Alchemy hating Alchemist Scar, who is on a mission to kill all the National Alchemists for some unknown reason. After a battle with Scar, Edward and Alphonso goes on a journey to renew their search for Philosopher's stone and get back their original body. More mysteries s ...more
Chris
Dec 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steam-fantasy, manga
Okay, book two completely won me over, mainly by the breadth of characterization that slipped in so quickly. The story of the alchemist who, out of desperation, transmutes his daughter and dog into a chimera, was as gut-wrenching as any good short-story. Alphonse and Edward, in the meantime, grow in depth and complexity, settling into the perfect balance between arrogant and tortured that hints at melodrama but is still believably human.
Roxana-Mălina Chirilă
The second volume is darker than the first, and we're moving more into the story proper.

I keep noticing all sorts of little details which I'd probably ignore if I didn't know the story already - I love this, the little picture of Armstrong in Mustang's pile of documents when he looks for Shou Tucker, Bradley's darkened image in a panel about the war. That's pretty cool.
Emmy
Mar 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mad-science, manga
Wow...okay, so that was really dark. Um, not sure how I feel about things right now. I'll give it another go with book 3 and see what happens...

Also, I love Armstrong!! (∀`)♡
Ghadeer Kja
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2014
I love FMA
Gavin Abdollahi
Still enjoyable, and a bit different from brotherhood.
Bobby
First read: Oct. 2013
Emma Thompson
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***WILL CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS***

Fullmetal Alchemist Vol 2 covers chapters 5-8. In those chapters you get introduced to Colonel Roy Mustang, the "Flame Alchemist" who basically is one of the people who commands Ed. It's quite funny to watch Roy and Ed quarrel with each other. Roy ends up sending up Ed with Al to go check out a creepy talking chimera at Shou Tucker's, "The Life-Binding Alchemist" house who created the chimera. In order to pass a alchemy test Shou has to give an example of his alch
Amber
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A huge improvement from the first, not that the first was bad or anything - I just needed more world building and this one delivered. We see different types of alchemists, and grow to understand more about alchemy. I love how we see alchemy having its limits, you're not invincible: at times you are vulnerable. Fights aren't just brute strength in this series, but a lot of strategy AND I AM HERE FOR IT.

This series continues to get really dark, but has a nice balance with some much needed humour.
Pinkerton
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Dopo la struggente vicenda di Shou Tucker, l’alchimista intreccia-vite, fa la sua comparsa il famigerato killer di Alchimisti di Stato: Scar, che come tanti altri si porta dietro gli strascichi della guerra di Ishbar. Ma soprattutto, facciamo la conoscenza dei simpatici membri della squadra del Colonnello Mustang e altri elementi a lui vicini, il tutto nella stupenda ambientazione creata dall’autrice che ricorda tanto la vecchia Europa.
Jack Baillot
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loud little Ed.
Gabriela Paige
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Well, that just got more intense. How is this all to play out?
  • Bleach, Volume 04
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 06
  • Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3)
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 08

ARAKAWA Hiromi

Name (in native language) : 荒川弘

Zodiac : Taurus

Blood type : A

Her self-portrait is usually that of a bespectacled cow, as she was born and raised on a dairy farm in Hokkaido with three older sisters and a younger brother. She worked as a farmer for 8 years before moving to Tokyo.

Arakawa thought about being a manga artist "since [she] was little" and du
More about Hiromu Arakawa...

Fullmetal Alchemist (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 4 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 5 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 8 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #8)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 9 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #10)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #11)

“Riza: Without his Alchemy he's just...
Jean: A little brat who swears a lot
Maes: An arrogant pipsqueak
Roy: Useless. Just useless
Alphonse: Sorry big brother, I don't know how to add to that...
Ed *starts to cry*: YOU'RE ALL PICKING ON ME!!!”
127 likes
“Hughes: (Talking for Mustang) 'I won't allow you to die under my jurisdiction because it'd be a pain to clean up the mess.' That's what he said.

Edward: Fine. Tell him, 'Understood. I'll never die before you, colonel, you @#'$ idiot.'

Hughes: Ha ha ha! They say the ruder you are, the luckier you are! In that case, you and Roy are gonna live forever!”
97 likes