Start by marking “The Collection: Class Warfare (Essays for the 99%, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Collection: Class Warfare (Essays for the 99%, #4)

The Collection: Class Warfare

(Essays for the 99% #4)

Not only are we "taxed" without "real" representation, we are "surveilled," and "monitored" without probable cause, in direct violation of the Bill of Rights. King George could only dream of possessing the power that our current leaders have over us today, all in the name of "patriotism," and the prevention of "terrorism."

But who are the real "terrorists?"

Who wields the he
Published April 8th 2012 by John David (first published March 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collection

Kelly Knapp
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone of the 99% of Americans described in this book.
Recommended to Kelly by: Goodreads Firstreads Gvieaway
This writer is spot on...making him one of the biggest dreamers in America at the present time.

John David writes several essays in consecutive order regarding the state of America, the facts behind the current political elections and candidates, and some ideas for returning America to her previous glory. His writing his eloquent and concise.

I agree with most of what John David writes; however, it is unlikely that what he suggests can or will ever happen. That doesn't mean that he is writing fant
Georgia
Apr 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book contained numerous essays, but it really felt like most of them just repeated the same things over and over again. It's a quick read and I do agree with most of what the author says, but it really didn't contain any particularly new or interesting opinions. A for effort but I didn't really enjoy it or think it was super useful.
Stephanie
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
These essays were really not what I was expecting. I thought they would be more diplomatic, but I found it to be very harsh. I think most people would agree that there are problems with the government, but I doubt they would be able to agree on the same root problem or agree on a solution. I can understand where the author is coming from, but I did feel uncomfortable with how it was presented. This is just my opinion of it and I am sure that many other people would see it very differently than I ...more
Ted Guglielmo
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 99%ers
Recommended to Ted by: The Author
Well if you want to hear what most of us are thinking read this book. NO HOLDS BARRED!!! Best line in the book "ask yourself why anyone would spend $100000000 for a job that pays $250k". This is non partison and right to the point. The flip of the coin analogy is perfect for me as I have been saying for a while, it doesnt matter who wins in November because NOTHING will change and these "servants of the people" will do what the 1% wants.
Raymond
Mar 25, 2012
Arlene Ellerbrock
Dec 04, 2013
Tracy Towley
rated it did not like it
Apr 19, 2012
Carl
Sep 29, 2012
Karen
Sep 29, 2012
Q&A with John David: Election 2012 - Millionaires A, B, C, or D? 4 3 Apr 09, 2012 03:55PM
-My writing style is direct and honest. I don't pull punches or write as if I am getting paid by the word. My goals as a writer are to educate, amuse, engage, and entertain the reader. I also offer publishing, editing, and narration services.

-Do you like cute stories about adorable cats? How about FREE stories about adorable cats? Book One of the Purrennium

Essays for the 99% (4 books)
  • The Carrot and The Stick: A Call to Action