Start by marking “Simmer (Midnight Fire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Simmer (Midnight Fire, #2)

Simmer

(Midnight Fire #2)

Slowly, like a whisper almost blown away in the wind, two words streaked across her mind: 'Kiss me.'

Kira may have survived the eclipse, but her troubles are far from over. She's headed to Sonnyville with one goal in mind: to learn more about her parents. But with Luke and Tristan competing for her heart and Diana gunning for her head, time is running out on the search for
Published April 3rd 2012 by Kaitlyn Davis

To ask other readers questions about Simmer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simmer

Start your review of Simmer (Midnight Fire, #2)
NayNay
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Once again Kaitlyn Davis gives us a top notch story, SIMMER is book two in the Midnight Fire series. The story takes Kira to Sonnyville where she goes to look for answers to what happened to her mother. While she is looking for answers and has her sights on destroying Diana, Luke and Tristan are there to help her. And of course, the love triangle continues.
I really like were this series is going. I like how the characters are growing and the storyline continues with easy flow and fast-pace acti
Mo
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kerry
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apr-2012
I bought this book last night before going to bed. I woke up this morning and started reading, and could not stop! So, my husband is coming home to a messy house and no clean laundry today... Ms. Davis' books should come with a maid service.
Anyhoo, this story gets better and better. If you are looking for an engrossing series with a strong heroine and a couple of hot gentlemen vying for her attention, do yourself a big favor and pick up Ignite and Simmer.
Ashy Khaira
Heather Boustead
Simmer
Book Two of the Midnight Fire Series
By Kaitlyn Davis

Kira was born with a special ability she is able to harness the power of the sun and use it to defeat vampires. Kira travels with her guardian and best friend, Luke, to Sonneyville home of a large group of protector conduits to hopefully learn how to control at least half of her powers since she is the only person alive who was born to a protector and punisher the two factions within the conduit community. Once Sonnyville is attacked by
Corey
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is no Twilight copycat. I enjoyed this book more than Ignite (book 1). The only reasons for this is that it started fast and stayed exciting pretty much throughout the whole book. Also the writing and editing where better. In this story Kira has one thing and one thing only on her mind. Where is her mother and could she really still be alive? Kira is summoned by the council to Sonnyville, the conduit community that her mother is from. Luke her best friend is also from there and accompanies ...more
Amanda
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I recently read the first book in this series, Ignite, and while I had been disappointed with the unedited quality of it, I was interested in following the story through with Simmer.

I was pleasantly surprised by the change in quality between the two books. While the grammar and spelling weren't flawless in Simmer, the mistakes didn't distract me from the story.

I like the direction this series is going. While some parts were predictable and very typical of the genre, (view spoiler)
Jessica Salt
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The book Simmer was a really good story. I like how her powers grew stronger. She learned to controlled them when she had killed Diana. It was awesome to see Diana beg for her life when Kira was killing her. She was real nasty bitchy vampire. I say she deserved to die. I did enjoy every moment of it. I know your Midnight Fire Series are way different from Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga series. The only thing that reminded me of Twilight was when Kira falls for a vampire name Tristan. Her best f ...more
Dorian
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is Wow!. This book was so much fun to read. There were times when I laughed out loud until I was in tears for laughing so hard. The mental image of the tall dark Tristan with a t-shirt of a puppy in a Darth Vader costume was too much. I laughed until I cried. It happened again with the mental picture of tall lanky and somewhat goofy Luke stripping in a thong to pay for food made me lose it again. I love that the main characters have evolved so much. The passion between Tristan and ...more
Dawn
Oct 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, fantasy, freebie
The protagonist is a Mary Sue--super-powerful, with a huge destiny and two perfect boys in love with her. She's never in any real danger because her powers are so strong, and she can instantly heal people, even large numbers of people, so no one around her is in danger, either.

I thought things were going to go to a very dark place and I would have relished seeing that happen, but I feel the opportunity was squandered at the end and nothing really worked out.

I won't be reading any more of this
Mary
Aug 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked it enough, i just hate love triangles. I will probably read the next one and see who she chooses. But she better choose quick because i have no patience for stupidity.
Stacy Sabala
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, romance, suspense
Book review- Simmer by Kaitlyn Davis

In this second book in the Midnight Fire Series, Kira has graduated from high school and now will be leaving for two months to train. She will be learning how to use her powers. She will also be away from Tristen. Tristen plans to be spending the time looking for Diana.
Kira comes face to face with what remains of her family. The reception she gets is a bit disappointing. She realizes she doesn’t fit in here either. Her powers are growing and there are secrets
Olivia Wolfertz
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved! Kira's adventure continues and with more discoveries comes more mysteries. I love the pace and twists and turns and am constantly eager to turn the page. I do, however, feel a little bad for BOTH Luke and Tristan...I mean, they are both great guys and I totally understand Kira's mental conflict over them. While I know who she ends up with because of Midnight Ice, I'm still attached to both guys at this point and my heart is already sad because one of them is going to get hurt n ...more
Gail
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally liking this series. If you liked the love trio of Twilight, then you will like this book. The main character girl has two young men who love her. She has one that is goofy and makes her laugh- a good guy. She has the other one, who is dark and treacherous- who will she love? As she embarks on this journey, I guess we will find out who she really turns to- a life of immortality with a vampire or a simpler life as a conduit.
Shannon Benjamin-Boote
Simmer is the second book in the Midnight Fire series by Kaitlyn Davis. Like the first book, this one was predictable, but when you are writing vampires and magic it is hard to find a unique angle, but I have found books like Claudett Melanson’s, Maura DeLuca Trilogy that was able to find that unique angle. While the whole conduit thing in this series is good, building toward the point of it all is slow and kind of like waiting for an elderly woman in front of you in line who decides to pay with ...more
Kelly Fountain
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We continue on with our story but it gets a little more intense. Kira realizes that Luke feels more for her than friendship and if she’s honest with herself, she’s drawn to both him and Tristan. There’s the complications of visiting Sonnyville and the fact that Diana is still out there and she needs to be destroyed. Plenty of action and diving further into her intense relationships.
Megs
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Started this book this morning and then finished it just now! Wow this book was so much better than the first and I loved hearing all the history about the Conduits and Vampires. Although now my heart is torn as I want Luke to be happy but Tristan and Kira ARE SO PERFECT! I think the only way this will be solved is if Luke dies😬😬
Serenity  Wynter
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Vampire

Definitely read in order, or you will miss things. This book could have made a great conclusion to book 1. I see the lead character still mired emotions snd the counter parts still tugging in opposite directions.
Jessica
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
This was the second book in this series. We find out more about Kira's powers and how well she handles them. We also find out more about her family. Would've been nicer to have more on this book, seemed to fly by compared to the first but definitely kept me interested to read the next installment
katrina davies
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Growth

Absolutely loving how kira is growing into her powers, feel so sorry for Luke and really want to know what happens next
Heidi
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the series
Renee
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Better than the first one and apparently I like books for teenagers.
Raina {The LUV'NV}
** WARNING: Spoilers of book one **

Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Mini review:
Simmer picks up a few months after Ignite , and we get the Protector Conduit community! Kira flies down to Sonnyville with Luke to learn how to control her power and to learn more about her parents. But she doesn't know how the community will take her half-breed status, even though they're Protectors—the segment of the Conduits who vied for her life when the other segment, the Punishers, wanted to kill her, and
Sarah Elizabeth
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
(I was given this book for free on a read-to-review basis.)
This is book two in the ‘midnight fire’ series, and kicks off a few months after the end of book one – Ignite. **Warning: unavoidable spoilers for book 1 – Ignite**
Kira has recovered from her coma, and has had time to graduate from school. Now she’s going off to a conduit town to get in some training over the summer, to learn how to control her power, and to learn how best to use it when fighting vampires. Her best friend Luke who is als
Karissa Keith
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it!
I personally believe the first book in this series smoothly transitioned into this one, without a lot of confusion like most series. I also feel like there's was the same amount of thrilling mystery, and suspense it just moved a little slower in this novel, but there was a lot more information that was added into this story Vs.The last one so its suspected.
* I feel caught in the middle of this love triangle myself! I can totally understand why she likes Tristan, he's dark, handsom
Liz at Fictional Candy
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire, ya

Simmer starts with Kira packing for “conduit boot camp” as she calls it, a few months after Ignite ends. Luke and Kira are going to Sonnyville for a couple months. Of course, Tristan can’t go. I mean, it is a whole town of vampire killers. So instead Tristan is going to hunt down Diana. Right away I am saddened by Kira and Tristan’s goodbye. I just don’t want them to be apart. When you get a couple you really like, you want them to be together. And besides, at this point, I’m not entirely sure I
Roman Jimenez
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just like my Chile Verde, to be the best, it has to "SIMMER".

Like my cooking, the book, "SIMMER", IS TOTALLY FIVE STARS. Don't worry readers, its not at all like
TWILIGHT. Easy reads, what's next 'KAITLYN DAVIS'. ????
Cocktails and Books
I enjoyed this spin on the teenage vampire story. There were times when I had to remind myself not to compare it to other vampire stories, but it had enough of a unique twist that I could.

Kira Dawson finds herself starting a new school South Carolina her senior year of high school. She's not sure what to expect, after having spent seventeen years in New York City, but she finally living with her family, so she's giving it a try.

She immediately meets Luke, who makes it his personal mission to be
Jessica Bierschied
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
SIMMER, by Kaitlyn Davis is the second installment of the Midnight Fire series that follows Kira on her journey to learn more about herself, her family and the things that go bump in the night. This installment is even more action packed and amps up the romance/steaminess as well!

First off, I would like to start by saying that from first novel to second novel was a huge difference. The quality and the writing improved greatly, so I must say I was impressed with Davis.

I love and hate how fast o
Brittany
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-read
* I was given a free copy of this book for review purposes. The review is based solely on my opinion and was not influenced by author or publisher.

In the second installment of the Midnight Fire series Kira is off to Sonnyville, the Protector colony in Florida. The council wants to see what she is made of and if, like the history books say, they have anything to fear from her existence.

Simmer is definitely a step up from Ignite in which the editing errors were numerous and they actually detracte
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Kindred (The Kindred, #1)
  • Maybe Matt's Miracle (The Reed Brothers, #4)
  • Proving Paul's Promise (The Reed Brothers, #5)
  • Full Disclosure
  • The Crimson Bond (The Crimson Bond #1)
  • Omega's Daddy (Shifter Marriage Service Book 4)
  • Dragon's Surrogate (Shifter Surrogate Service, #1)
  • Dragon's Surrogate Baby (Shifter Surrogate Service Book 4)
  • Bear's Surrogate (Shifter Surrogate Service, #3)
  • Shifter Marriage Service : A Four Book Box Set
  • Grizzly Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #1)
  • The Wolf's Surrogate (Shifter Surrogate Service, #2)
  • Cursed Souls (Bloody Hearts, #3)
  • Protector Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #2)
  • Rebel Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #3)
  • Shadow of the Ghoul (Halfblood Legacy, #2)
  • Ice Bear Shifters: The Complete Series
  • Spinning the Moon
Bestselling author Kaitlyn Davis writes young adult fantasy novels under the name Kaitlyn Davis and contemporary romance novels under the name Kay Marie. Publishers Weekly has said, "Davis writes with confidence and poise," while USA Today has recommended her work as "must-read romance."

To learn more about her contemporary romance novels, visit her Goodreads author page for Kay Marie here: https:

Midnight Fire (5 books)
  • Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)
  • Blaze (Midnight Fire, #3)
  • Scorch (Midnight Fire, #4)
  • Burn (Midnight Fire, #5)