Start by marking “Trophies” as Want to Read:
Trophies

Trophies

When his aunt is murdered, NATO Rapid Response officer Captain Charles Ellandun must dig into her past and haul it into his present. But now someone's trying to run him over with a Suburban and unless he wants to be the next one dead, he must figure out why she is -- fast.

Length: 125,000 words, 340 pages

*******
If I was stupid enough to sit out in the rain, then I should
Published 2012 by Dingbat Publishing (first published July 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Trophies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trophies

Start your review of Trophies
Patricia
Sep 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been a long time since I have found myself engrossed in a “modern” mystery. The reason is simple: I am not a fan. With apologies to this author, J. Gunnar Grey, my favourite mystery writer is Agatha Christie. I also enjoy Georges Simenon, Earl Stanley Gardner, Samuel Dashiell Hammett, Ross Macdonald, and their contemporaries. I had about given up trying to find a modern mystery writer, who wrote to my taste, until I read J. Gunnar Grey's: "Trophies (The Ellandun Wars)".

At last, I found an
Sandra Nachlinger
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys mysteries, interesting well-written characters, and an intriguing plot.ion
Recommended to Sandra by: I've read two other books by J. Gunnar Grey and enjoyed them both. So I recommended the book to myself!
I've found a new favorite mystery writer--J. Gunnar Grey.

After reading Grey's Deal With The Devil, Part One and Deal With the Devil Part Two, I knew I enjoyed her very capable and creative writing style. In Trophies (The Ellandun Wars) she has created another winner. The complex plot and the action scenes in this book kept me turning pages, but it's the characters that will stay with me, especially the protagonist Charles (AKA "Robbie".) A pivotal event in Charles's childhood and the effects it
Meg Mims
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trophies is a complex mystery that starts slowly by delving into Charles Ellandun's mysterious character and background as well as the murder of his wealthy and beloved aunt. Lots of themes twist into this, from the idea of collecting trophies to close family relationships. Have patience - Grey's mastery of suspense kicked in in the last half of the book and leaves you wanting more. I'd love to see more of these characters in their escapades as a Special Op team!
Elaine Cantrell
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fabulous. The characters are original, flawed, and loveable. The plot is exciting and has many twists and turns that you didn't see coming. There's a small element of romance to spice things up. Family relationships in all their glory and grief are successfully explored. I can't wait for Book 2 to come out.
Jess
May 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I got this book at a goodreads first reads and even though I have not been able to read the book it looks like it will be good and I can not wait to read it.
Doug
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very well written, great story line, nice twists and turns. 4.5 stars.
Lee
Apr 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club
Since this is the first in a series, I am hoping that the early chapters are dedicated to building the characters and there will not be the necessity to continue doing so.
Melanie Card
Mar 29, 2012
Goodreads Librari...: cover help, please 2 15 Oct 28, 2013 11:45PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine editions? 9 25 Apr 03, 2012 08:08PM
Goodreads Librari...: please merge 7 26 Mar 10, 2012 07:51AM
Creative Reviews: Contemporary mystery seeking reviewers 6 11 Aug 08, 2011 01:18AM
Hi, I’m Gunnar Grey. I write books. I’m a historian, political junkie, target shooter, and retired adventurer and equestrian. I read avidly and post reviews or at least ratings for most of the books I read. Occasionally my poor husband surfaces from beneath a pile of paperbacks, gasping for air… but I shouldn’t bore you with personal issues.

I live in Humble, Texas, just north of Houston, with four