Start by marking “The Queen: History In An Hour” as Want to Read:
The Queen: History In An Hour

The Queen: History In An Hour

(History In An Hour)

History for busy people. Read a succinct account of the life and reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in just one hour.

Elizabeth II is the longest lived and, after Queen Victoria, second longest reigning monarch of the United Kingdom. From her coronation in 1953 to her Diamond Jubilee in 2012, Queen Elizabeth II has stood on the world stage as the figurehead for Britain
Published March 29th 2012 by HarperPress

To ask other readers questions about The Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen

Katy
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short History 101 about Queen Elizabeth's reign.
Nice and well written.
Donna Maguire
I have read quite a few books on royalty over the years but the current monarchy has never really interested me, probably as its generally current news more than in the past and my heart lies in the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries... But that said I downloaded this as it was free and I do like the "History in an Hour" series and I must say having read this one now I wasn't disappointed. I even found out something I didn't know about Prince Philip when he was a baby and his parents exile. The book ...more
Jenn
This was part of a series called "History in an Hour" and understandably is a very quick, abridged look at the life of Queen Elizabeth II. For all of its brevity, I think it was well done and interesting.

I would be interested in reading their other offerings. I think they would provide a good jumping off point for historical studies.
Shayla
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This was good for its intended purpose: I learned more about Queen Elizabeth II in a short period of time without too much time commitment although it wasn't particularly engaging. I will probably read more of the history in an hour books to become acquainted with historical events I should know more about.
Ben
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, audiobook
Slightly too referential for my tastes but an interesting listen, particularly about her early years which I knew little about.
Tara Lynn
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I'm impressed by how much information was included in such a concise book. I found this book interesting and relevant.
Racheli Zusiman
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: british, non-fiction
סקירה היסטורית של חייה של המלכה אליזבת' השנייה עד לשנת 2012 - הדיימונד ג'ובילי של מלכותה. כמעריצה של המלכה, זו היתה סקירה קצת שטחית עבורי, למרות שכן היו בה פרטים שהיו חדשים לי.
Christine Blachford
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I do so love these History in an Hour books, everything you need to know about a particular topic in bitesize form. Their self-proclaimed aim is to distill a topic or period from history down into the must-know facts, so that if you enjoy it, you can then go on to read more from other sources.

I don't think there was anything particularly new in this one for me, although perhaps it did connect some of the dots from the generation preceding the Queen, and made the film The King's Speech fit into p
Phyllis
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Concise and easy to read

Having just finished watching the Netflix series, The Crown, I wanted to read more about the queen. I also visited the UK and went to Buckingham and Balmoral palaces recently. I can't imagine how difficult her life has been always having to put the UK first. I admire her strength and courage. The book was easy to read and hit the main points without getting bogged down.
Yup, history in an hour.
Kate Diffley
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed, easy read.
Ian May
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
An interesting if concise read (but then it is only meant to last an hour).

The book concentrated more on her earlier life.
Yi Lun
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: history, non-fiction
A clear and concise view of the current Monarch. It starts with some family information pre-birth and details the major moments of her life with a heavier focus on her early life.
Mar 30, 2018
Nov 07, 2013
Shirley Wright
Oct 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinead Fitzgibbon graduated from university with a degree in Economics, before leaving her native Ireland to work in investment banking in Sydney for six years.

She returned to the UK in 2007 to pursue her writing career. She has always loved history, literature and art – and spends most weekends browsing London’s multitude of museums, art galleries and bookshops.

Favourite author: Virginia Woolf
F

History In An Hour (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • World War One: History In An Hour