Start by marking “Tales of the Resistance” as Want to Read:
Tales of the Resistance

Tales of the Resistance

(Tales of the Kingdom #2)

Twelve incidents in the Resistance against the Enchanter, in which residents of the Enchanted City are rescued by the King or his followers as they strive for the Restoration of the Kingdom.
Published June 1st 1986 by Chariot Victor Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tales of the Resistance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of the Resistance

Start your review of Tales of the Resistance
Karen
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ellie, jacob, mom
Reading for our summer morning time...krb 6/27/17

Absolutely wonderful to see the spark of recognition in my children's eyes when reading this allegorical tale. Looking forward to reading the final book in this trilogy...krb 7/19/17
Allen Jr.
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps not quite as good as the first book in the series (Tales of the Kingdom), but a well-executed allegory of biblical and spiritual truths which should appeal to children and adults alike. My wife and I enjoyed reading it aloud to one another (even though we don't have kids). We're very much looking forward to getting the third book, Tales of the Restoration.
Julianna Royer
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The Forbidden Princess" brings tears to my eyes. I love the beautiful illustrations.

Nicholeen
Great book in a set of three about being warriors for Christ.
Lara Lleverino
Jul 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth
Second in the series. Very good
Missie Kay
Jul 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
This is definitely my favorite of the trilogy. The illustrations (my edition's are by Jack Stockman, not those pictured here) are gorgeous. The danger and intrigue of the tales are masterful.
Ruth
one of my absolute favorite storybooks when I was a kid. Gorgeous illustrations and beautiful allegory.
Esther
Dec 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Love love love it, must read it to your kids over and over.
Susan Skavdahl
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sacrifice of the King is just the beginning of the true kingdom!

In the sequel to Tales of the Kingdom, Hero discovers the truth about what sacrifice really is. When the King is captured and sentenced to death Hero’s is tested and discovers that light truly triumphs over darkness!
Stephani Austin
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super!

Each of these stories is so touching, challenging, encouraging, and I just can’t say enough good things about it! Such a fresh perspective of an old story I know well.
JDandJoy
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

This book series is disarmingly sweet and simply. Every chapter is fuul of life and trth. I only wish I could find more like it.
Erin
In this sequel to the beloved allegory "Tales of the Kingdom," our main character, Hero, is leaving the safety of Great Park to follow the King to the dark world of Enchanted City. It is almost time for the restoration of the kingdom, and there is work to do preparing the hearts of those still enslaved to the Enchant ...more
Stephanie Waterhouse
I was first introduced to this book, by Philip C. Fields, the moderator of the Daily Bible Reading Podcast - part of our daily Bible reading plan - Digging Deeper Daily which is housed in the YouVersion of the bible devotionals. Philip was reading chapters, at a time, in part of our JoySightings podcast. I think we had gotten to chapter seven in the listening, when I chose to look the book up on Amazon and decided to purchase. I wanted to read along as Philip read. I started all over from the be ...more
Bethany Joy
First of all, get this old edition with the beautiful pictures by Jack Stockton if you can possibly find it.

Secondly, see my review on Tales of the Kingdom for my thoughts on the audiobooks.

Thirdly, I love this book. I love "The Orphan Exodus" and "Sewer Rat and Boiler Brat". I love "The Most Beautiful Player of All", and Hero and Amanda's quiet romance. Mostly I love the King!

A final note, I DO NOT love the Tales of the Restoration, mostly because I had dream
Jana Eads
I read this aloud to my four children (11, 9, 4, and 2) and will definitely be reading it again and again in years to come! A lot of these stories really got me choked up, challenged me, and helped us see some things in a new beautiful way. The authors have a deep understanding of the Christian life and incredible imaginations. The lessons learned have come up repeatedly in conversation with my older two since reading this together, and I look forward to exposing these stories to my younger kids ...more
Debra
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, children-s
This is an allegory of basically Christ here on earth for children. We really liked the first book. However, in this book, a lot of the stories were very dark, and kind of overshadowed the good message. They still had a good message, though. I would preview any of the stories that you plan to read to young children, as they could be scary.
Hannah
Wow, again. Like the latter half of the previous book, the messages in this book (how the stories apply in real life) take a little more searching to find, but are there in sweet richness all the same. My brother and I greatly enjoyed reading this together, and I look forward to going through it again with each of my younger siblings as they get old enough.
Lydia Thomas
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection takes place in the corrupt Emerald City, where people are being called out to the King's service. My favorite stories are The Most Beautiful Player of All, about an actress called to play out the King's story, and The Carnival Daughter.
Elaine
Great sequel. More action and suspense in this one as Hero and his fellow Resistance workers infiltrate the evil enchanted city and help bring people to the true King. Lots of good discussion with the kids too, about the underlying parallel to Christ's kingdom.
Stephanie
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who've read the first book, of course. Get yours ducks in a row already!
I have no recollection if it's better or worse than Tales Of The Kingdom the first book, but this series and its illustrations really stir something in me.
LMS
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well done.
Mike Troxell
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a series written for children, but tells adults a Gospel story we need to hear again and again!
Amy
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Great read-aloud!
Kevin
Sep 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing
It was nice to see an end to this series, but this one was clearly not as good as the previous two.
Clara
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this, but not nearly as much as Tales of the Kingdom. It is still a very good book, and a good read-aloud, like all the books in this series are.
Donita Rensberger
Read my review of Tales of the Kindom. This is the 2nd in a trilogy.
Kathryn Harper
I appreciate the allegory, but I don't like how it was portrayed. It was a little uninteresting and sometimes disorganized.
Nov 06, 2019
Becky
May 05, 2012
Goodreads Librari...: Acceptable Source Question for Cover Request 3 163 Dec 14, 2012 03:34PM

• The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert: An English Professor's Journey Into Christian Faith
  • An Exciting Term
  • The Lost Campers (Sugar Creek Gang, #4)
  • The Green Tent Mystery (Sugar Creek Gang, #19)
  • The Taste of Country Cooking
  • Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other
  • Ghosts in the Schoolyard: Racism and School Closings on Chicago's South Side
  • The Big Book of Casseroles: 250 Recipes for Serious Comfort Food
  • Gay Girl, Good God: The Story of Who I Was and Who God Has Always Been
  • Saving the Bible from Ourselves: Learning to Read and Live the Bible Well
  • Confronting Christianity: 12 Hard Questions for the World's Largest Religion
  • A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 8 [Tokyo Guru 8] (Tokyo Ghoul, #8)
  • A Guide to True Peace: or A Method of Attaining to Inward and Spiritual Prayer
  • Something Needs to Change: A Call to Make Your Life Count in a World of Urgent Need
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 5 [Tokyo Guru 5] (Tokyo Ghoul, #5)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 7 [Tokyo Guru 7] (Tokyo Ghoul, #7)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 6 [Tokyo Guru 6] (Tokyo Ghoul, #6)
David R. Mains has been dedicating himself for spiritual growth development programs that disturb ordinary presumptions. During the year 1967 he built an experimental church in a Teamster’s Union Hall in West Chicago. Some church-planting specialists proclaimed that it can't be done but then with a few supporters, the church has grown from only 27 until 500 for ten years.

Mains' system

Tales of the Kingdom (3 books)
  • Tales of the Kingdom (Tales of the Kingdom, #1)
  • Tales of the Restoration (Tales of the Kingdom, #3)
“If there’s no such thing as a king, why such a fuss?... Silence would have helped her to forget, but each protest made her wish all the more: If only there really were a king!” 3 likes