Start by marking “The Fast Metabolism Diet: Lose 20 Pounds in 4 Weeks and Keep It Off Forever by Unleashing Your Body's Natural Fat-Burning Power” as Want to Read:

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  3,079 Ratings  ·  273 Reviews
Haylie Pomroy ha ayudado a miles de pacientes a perder hasta 20 libras en cuatro semanas--todo a traves del poder quemagrasa que tiene la comida--. Conocida como "la guru del metabolismo," Haylie nos recuerda que la comida no es el enemigo: la comida es, por el contrario, la rehabilitacion que necesitas para revitalizar tu metabolismo lento y averiado, y convertir asi tu c ...more
Published March 26th 2013 by Harmony (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Fast Metabolism Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fast Metabolism Diet

Angie Jones
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was ok

This wasn't for me. The bad news is that the recipes are not as flavorful as I want and I find a lot of the food either too salty or bland.

If you want to lose fat while still eating all the delicious foods, I suggest you try ❄✨ Metabolic Cooking by Karine Losier. ✨❄

Metabolic Cooking is a fat loss program that comes in form of a recipe book and nutritional guide. You will find more than 250 Fat Torching Recipes that will Boost Your Metabolism for a Fat Burning Diet, all designed with metabol
Cecilia
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm starting week 3 and I feel AMAZING. This takes willpower and it is best to have a support system with your family/friends. It IS hard, but if I can do it, anyone can. I'm eating MORE food on this diet than I normally do and I've lost about 8 lbs in two weeks and I'm literally shrinking before my eyes! I've lost a solid 5 INCHES from my waist.

After the first week, I wondered what I had gotten myself into, but I stuck with it and I'm so glad I did! I would suggest though that if you're a suga
Cathlene Burk
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my miracle book. I'm following the instructions as closely as possible, and I'm loosing weight for the first time in years. All with good food, and with feeling like I've been eating enough, or some days, too much. I wish I had this book 5 years before I spent a ton of money on doctors, diet supplements, exercise classes etc.
Kristen
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you follow the plan faithfully, you will: spend a LOT of money on groceries; devote as much time to planning, shopping, preparing and eating your food as you would working a part-time job; drink more water than you ever thought you could; eat a wide variety of foods; and you will lose weight.

If you continue to use the principles she puts forward after the 28 days are up, you will continue to lose weight. 35 lbs in three months and counting.
Natasha
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to lose weight and keep it off
You can find a detailed summary of this diet at the bottom of my review. I made it so I could post it on my refrigerator and it has helped me a lot. I understand there is also an app to help you through the phases.

I've been fortunate to have a fast metabolism for most of my life, but was dismayed to note it slowed down considerably once I reached my 50's. I ate less and less but still kept putting on pounds and inches. I didn't see how I was going to change this trajectory until I found this bo
Heather Truckenmiller
I can't figure out how to rate this book. Do I rate it purely on writing, or on content? And how would I rate the content, the diet, without trying it to see how it works? I'm at a loss.

The first half of this book reads a lot like an infomercial. You'll read about clients who have been angry - yes "angry" - at her "because this was so easy", and you'll read about how this is not a diet, and about how much food you get to eat, etc.

It sounds great. A little too good to be true.

And then you get to
Karina Vargas
Jan 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
La dieta del metabolismo acelerado : 1 estrella.

Decidí leer este libro debido a que la dieta que propone empezó a ser nombrada en algunos medios de comunicación e incluso varias amigas me consultaron sobre esta. Aunque a primera vista ya le encontré falencias, compartidas también por otras nutricionistas que dieron su opinión al respecto, lamentablemente las voces de quienes saben del tema no fueron tan difundidas como creo que debería ocurrir. Por lo contrario, escuché a muchas personas defend
Diana Spindler
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, having gotten quite sick of carrying my fat around, I decided to be a bit more positive and try Pomroy's fast metabolism diet. I've now been on it for 11 of the 28 days recommended, and I plan to go through to the end, and perhaps even go beyond that to lose all 30-35 pounds, getting myself to my ideal weight of 130-135.

Let me say, before I tell you how the diet is going for me, that it's clear to me that this diet is not for people who have a large amount of weight to lose--say, more than
Shannon
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel inspired after reading this. I like that you eat from every food group and you only have to eat specific foods for 2 days at a time. It seems like it would be easier to maintain than many other diets. I may change my rating after I've tried it.

In January 2017 I went on this diet and I lost 18 pounds in 28 days! My sister lost 15! More importantly though, I felt so energized, my body seemed to run better than ever - it was a noticeable difference. My hair, nails, and skin were stronger and
Cherylck
May 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one if considering ebook version
Diet is easy to follow, but her instructions are too wishy-washy. Many conflicts between the recipes at the back and detailed charts. The charts are incomplete, you need to re-read sections thoroughly in order to grasp the "my way or the highway" instructions.

HATE, Hate, hate the kindle version. Charts are too small and with the disorganization of the book chapters and headings, I am constantly going back and forth. I had to contact the book's publisher to get pdf versions in order to actually
Raven_sa
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
First of all, DO NOT buy this book online or for an e-reader. This is what I did and regretted it. You can't print out the charts in order for you to follow the darn thing. I went to my local library and got it from there. STILL, the charts are done in grey and dark grey and not printer friendly.

I gave it two stars instead of one because I did really like her explanation of the five major players in the role needing to take care of for a faster metabolism. It was very informative and have a bet
Denise
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In a little over a week this plan has totally transformed my life. I have lost 6 pounds and my flabby middle is disappearing right before my eyes. Not to mention that I am less anxious and much happier. It sounds difficult to do but it really isn't. Since the diet changes every couple of days you never get bored. The key is to plan and to cook ahead and freeze. My approach to food has drastically changed. I am cooking way more than I ever have and I haven't felt this good in years. Just do it fo ...more
Vicki
May 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
Of COURSE you're going to lose weight following this plan. It's super regimented, and your meals are small. The plan is far too strict for a normal person to follow, though I think it's an interesting theory that you need to "trick" your metabolism by changing up the types of food you eat frequently. I am curious about it, but not enough to be a slave to a highly regimented meal plan for a month.
Tara
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-health
Bottom line: Lost 10 lbs. and more than 2" off my waistline in 28 days. I'd say that was pretty successful.

Pros: You get to eat carbs and yummy food and you don't starve. The portion sizes are very reasonable. Success is very motivating, and baggy pants feel great. You are also eating super healthy food. Avoiding the long "no" list was not as hard as I expected (except it was sweet corn season, so I HAD to have an ear on day 29, but skipped the butter). Now I'm done with the first 4 weeks, I'm g
Ashley Brookfield
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm on day one of the diet right now, so far I love all of it and how detailed it is. My family has had great results on it so it's not the diet that I'm critiquing as much as the book itself!
I wish there was a little more information about the food industry and the gross stuff that goes into processed food so we're more turned off of it. There was plenty of information about how your body reacts to these foods, but I want the nitty-gritty details!
I also was kinda irked with how much she over-s
Roxane
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The most entertaining diet book I have read - very interesting. Regarding the diet - very restrictive - not a lot of calories, low fat (if any), no dairy, wheat, corn, sugar, caffeine, etc. - in other words no processed foods - keep it natural! What I did like was the info about your metabolism, how it gets broken and how to repair it...

The diet has three phases that you rotate through each week:

Phase 1 (two days - Monday & Tuesday) - high-glycemic, moderate-protein, low-fat
Phase 2 (two day
Vika Ryabova
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Собственно, подзаголовок объясняет, о чем будет идти речь: "28-дневный план по избавлению от стресса, разблокировке жировых клеток и подстегиванию вашего обмена веществ".

Сначала автор разбирает причины, по которым люди не могут избавиться от лишнего веса. Она рассказывает, за что отвечает обмен веществ. Он может сжигать, запасать и строить. И задача данной книги - научить читателей управлять метаболизмом, заставить его сжигать и строить.

Хайли развенчивает "Мифы о метаболизме" и делится "Правдо
Vicki Goldsberry
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book itself was entertaining, but the jury's still out on the diet. I lost about 7 pounds in the first 8 days, then had to quit because.. well, life intervened! That's the problem with all strict diets of this type: they don't work very well in a world where you eat out and go to birthday parties. What I missed most was the social aspect of going out to eat. It requires a lot of food prep.

I plan to try it again.

Denise Rucks
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a short and easy book to get through. My husband and I started the diet on Monday and on Friday we have each lost 6 pounds. You eat on this diet! There is also an app for the iphone that makes gracery shopping and menu planning easy! We have tried some new foods and new ways of preparing foods that are delicious. Fair warning... getting off caffeine and sugar gave me a 4 day headache. By day 5 I feel great, energized and healthy. Try it, it works!
Toni
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was very interesting and helped us greatly. My husband lost 20 pounds and I lost 10. It gives you a new way to look at food and a better way to eat without causing the stress diets usually cause. The hardest part besides giving up my butter for 28 days was to eat that often every day. Three meals and two snacks daily. We are still using the maintenance portion and probably will except maybe a dessert or two thrown in. Very good. Diet = Did I eat today!
Laura Parente
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-ditched
While I found the premise interesting, I soon realized that you would have to eat certain foods on certain days. I wanted to check the book out after seeing the infomercial on tv recently. I quickly decided to stay on course with my "everything in moderation"/watch how much-how often I eat the white stuff (sugar/white flour) way of eating. It fits better with me.

Therefore, another book for my ditch-a-roo pile!
Char Gust
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found this diet much easier to stick to than many. And it's working as I am down about 15 pounds
Cristina

Premetto: il commento vale per il libro, non per la dieta. Avevo intenzione di provarla, parla di cibo sano, necessità di movimento, di bere tanto, ecc. che son sempre le solite cose che già si sanno, ma il ciclo di 28 gg mi attirava. Insomma, sono disposta a soffrire anche tanto se è per poco tempo. Poi la botta in testa: il caffè è vietato. Cioè, vietato vietato anche senza zucchero, anche senza dolcificante, anche sniffato solo dal barattolo. :( Orrore!

Non ce la posso fare. No, no.

Tornando al
Kris Patrick
Didn't annoy me tooooo bad. Logical advice based on agricultural science.

And so I downloaded the official Fast Metabolism Diet app. Between Book Bub, Goodreads Deals, Etsy printables, and the iTunes store - my husband LOVES it (not) when our CC ledger looks like this
Tracy
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
My husband wanted to try this, since his friend was having great success at weight loss with this plan. We have finished week 1, and like it a lot. We both eat like crap, and want to get educated about how to eat healthier. This seems like a good place to start. There is a diet section and a maintenance section.

The recipes we have made from this book have all been really good. I think that's pretty unusual for diet meals, to taste good and leave you satisfied.

I am attracted to the "clean eatin
Will
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
This plan is difficult to follow. You have to cut out all alcohol and coffee as well as processed foods. I did not personally go through the program, but it seems like it should work. It's a 24-day system that you go through once to really increase your metabolism. You can then run shorter versions quarterly or so to maintain it. Some of the ingredients for the recipes are hard to find. Ostrich and elk are on the food lists, but recipes often call for buffalo. Even if the program is too difficul ...more
Stephanie
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, 2016, nonfiction
Read this and did the diet in 2014 to lose baby weight, it got the last 12 pounds off and had me down at a pre-college weight--I felt really good and I didn't even exercise. I wished then that I'd found about it early and done it first, rather than spending months counting calories on an app and making very slow (and then no) progress.

Now I'm re-reading it to do it again, this time to burn off Baby #3's weight!

UPDATE: I started doing this again after Eva was born and I got NOWHERE. A friend got
Holly
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book really aligned with my own ideas. I love that she doesn't say to start a diet instead, she says "Did You Eat Today." This book has a wealth of information that makes sense from a HEALTHY standpoint and not just a "gotta lose weight" standpoint. I have read it and have followed it for 2 weeks now- lost 10 lbs. Went to London, gained some of it back, went back on her phases and lost all of it and still losing! I feel great and smile everytime I see my transformation.
Robyn
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, non-fiction
No wheat, corn, soy, refined sugar, dairy, caffeine or alcohol, no artificial sweeteners or fat-free/diet anything, no dried fruit or fruit juices...NO PROBLEM. The list of what you can have is a mile long. (You'll want to get her cookbook, too.)

P.S. You'll eat more than you've ever eaten in your life. Awesome!!

She made this all so easy, it will be a lifestyle for us now.
Chad Holdorf
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Easy to follow plan with an iPhone. It's only 28 days.
  • Becoming Fearless: My Ongoing Journey of Learning to Trust God
  • Upload
  • Sin and Vengeance
  • The Making of the Middle Sea: A History of the Mediterranean from the Beginning to the Emergence of the Classical World
  • Big Fat Lies
  • A Bird in the Hand: Chicken recipes for every day and every mood
  • The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket
  • The Paleo Approach Cookbook: A Detailed Guide to Heal Your Body and Nourish Your Soul
  • Martha's Entertaining: A Year of Celebrations
  • Canal House Cooks Every Day
  • Homemade with Love: Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie's Kitchen
  • The Slanted Door: Modern Vietnamese Food
  • Almost Anorexic: Is My (or My Loved One's) Relationship with Food a Problem?
  • Ping-Pong Diplomacy: The Secret History Behind the Game That Changed the World
  • Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream Desserts
  • Toxic Relief: Restore health and energy through fasting and detoxification
  • Art of the Slow Cooker: 80 Exciting New Recipes
  • The Portfolios of Ansel Adams
“This is not a book for first-time dieters. This is a book for last-time dieters. It is a book for people whose old tricks don’t work anymore. It is for people who love food but who are tired of fighting their cravings, fatigue, and protruding stomachs, and for chronic dieters who just don’t think they can diet one more time. If” 0 likes
“hay que confundir al cuerpo para perder peso.” 0 likes