Start by marking “Relax, You're Going to Die” as Want to Read:
Relax, You're Going to Die

Relax, You're Going to Die

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  564 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
A contemporary and contemplative spiritual exploration of Death, by best selling author, Poet-philosopher, and Zen priest Tai Sheridan, Ph.D. Beneath the surface, many anxieties, worries, and fears are associated with death. 'Relax, You Are Going To Die' is an invitation to examine your relationship with death and your ability to live with grace and dynamic vitality.

The qu
Published January 25th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Relax, You're Going to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relax, You're Going to Die

Zach
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice poems, good advice, no help

these poems rely largely on a certainty that the cycle of death and rebirth is happening to you, right now, and uses these ideas of reincarnation to put some of our fears of death to bed. This is very nice and all if you believe that you might somehow survive your death (via an eternal soul or reincarnation etc), but does not offer much for those of us who are convinced that death is an absolute end of personal experience. If there is nothing after death, death r
Jessica Camacho
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quick and poignant

It is incredibly short which is good for a quick read to set the tone or provide enough inspiration to get you through the day. The prayers and information provided are powerful. There are a few that create pause and reflection.
Kiahrae
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

Quick read that grounds me every time. I will always re-read this book. It takes me out of my head and puts me into the now!
Denise
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
You don't get out of life alive...Relax, You're Going to Die.

Poems to make you think about life or more to the point, death. Live and let live and die.

Susan Molloy
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simple poetry, simply put logic about life and death.

📌 Discovered this on Amazon Kindle.
Prince
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good perspective

I thought this would be long and boring, but wrong I was. Short treatise on treating death or thoughts there off as a separation from our short lived and short sighted ego and a return to eternal long living stellar dust, thus freeing us from its mortality and the worrisome thoughts associated with it.
Sherry
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a very short but compelling book of poetry and buddhist philosophy. The author's conceit is that all anxiety and fear stems from a fear of death, and since death is inevitable, we need to relax and focus on life. So we all need to get a firm grasp on reality and enjoy ourselves.
Kamron Sammons
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dr. Sheridan poetically and point-fully explores the deep roots of anxiety, stress caused by our underlying fear of death.

Very interesting and quick read. I enjoyed the authors well articulated insights into this deep topic.
Gita Sturtevant
Nov 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good

Peaceful interesting poetry for the stressed folk of today's world. For dinner . Peace this is done short concise and helpful. Take time give yourself some self love and peace.
Elle
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
It took me two reads of this book before I fully appreciated it. I didn't find it inspirational, more confusing, the first time around and by the second time when I understood it, I have to admit I didn't agree with some points.

Poetic and well written, it had some bad points and good.
Tim France
Feb 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Something to think about

Very short , I would have liked to have more to read. I like the wisdom. The English or flow was so so . I wish their was more detail on how to accomplish what was suggested.
Luis  Cordoba
Mar 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Relax you are not going to find a lot about die or live in this poem

this is just that, a zen poem to be, living or continuous die before returning to kids, work and daily lifestyle. nothing where to look about going to die
Joseph D. Wooten
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quick but insightful

The format takes some getting used to as there are several well needed commas missing that would make for easier readability. Other than that, I really enjoyed the book as a whole. Great insights on the nature of life and death.
Michelle Laughran
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Poetic Buddhist Reflection on Mortality

A Poetic Buddhist Reflection on Mortality... Much food for thought and certainly to be read and considered more than once.
Rendier
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Strange style, which didn't help to convey the meaning to me...
Anna Dale
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
very interesting spin, especially for those afraid of death,worth a read it really opened my eyes
Ana Casado
Dec 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
All poems that could have been written by an 8th grader. Nothing really unique or inspiring. Took me about 15 minutes to read it. Save your money
Cor
Aug 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: poetry
Poetry. All poetry.
Jessica
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read this book. Zen poetry ... enough said.

Colin Dawson
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring, minimalist, zen, inspiring - recommended.
Oge
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Nice little book. Inspiring and poetic.
Janice Curle
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wasn't expecting a book of poems. Not really my thing. Short.
Gail
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
The title made me laugh. The poems made me think. I didn't agree with everything but the core idea is to live and live fully in the moment.
Jigar Brahmbhatt
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Existential poems with a touch of zen.
Shea
Cathryn Timmers
May 20, 2017
  • The Zen Experience
  • The Art of Zen Meditation
  • Modern Buddhism: The Path of Compassion and Wisdom - (Volume 3 Prayers for Daily Practice)
  • Zen and the Art of Falling in Love
  • BioHarmonizing: How To Flourish During These Interesting Times: Mindfulness, happiness, personal development, peace, spirituality, longevity, well-being and healing in the 21st Century
  • Dream (Aisling Trilogy, #2)
  • For a Future to Be Possible: Buddhist Ethics for Everyday Life
  • Being with Dying: Cultivating Compassion and Fearlessness in the Presence of Death
  • Intuition & Psychic Ability: Your Spiritual GPS
  • Captive Girl
  • 7 Simple Choices for a Better Tomorrow
  • A Unified Theory of Happiness: An East-Meets-West Approach to Fully Loving Your Life
  • Body by God: The Owner's Manual for Maximized Living

$2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation
    $8.49 $2.99
  • Dharma Punx: A Memoir
    $11.49 $1.99
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Queens Consort: England's Medieval Queens from Eleanor of Aquitaine to Elizabeth of York
    $9.99 $2.99
  • As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning: A Memoir (The Autobiographical Trilogy Book 2)
  • An Appeal to the World: The Way to Peace in a Time of Division
    $13.99 $1.99
“There is no soft cushion there is only free falling into dying that is now that is forever it can’t be stopped or started because living dying being loving is life itself” 0 likes
“To die before you die is the secret of the spiritually awake” 0 likes