Start by marking “Rush (The Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rush (The Game, #1)

Rush

(The Game #1)

So what's the game now? This, or the life I used to know?

Miki Jones's carefully controlled life spins into chaos after she's run down in the street, left broken and bloody. She wakes up fully healed in a place called the lobby - pulled from her life, through time and space into some kind of game in which she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the
Hardcover, First Edition, 364 pages
Published June 11th 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Rush, please sign up.
Eve Silver Sully, you can try INSIGNIA by S J Kincaid, WARCROSS by Marie Lu, EREBOS by Ursula Poznanski, READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline, THE LEVELLER by Julia…moreSully, you can try INSIGNIA by S J Kincaid, WARCROSS by Marie Lu, EREBOS by Ursula Poznanski, READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline, THE LEVELLER by Julia Durango, THE EYE OF MINDS by James Dashner, UNEARTHLY THINGS by Michelle Gagnon, SNOW CRASH by Neal Stephenson, OTHERWORLD by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller.

Happy reading!

Eve (less)
ME MYSELF It was alright. I was bored and looking for a book. I found the book, picked it up, read it, and found that I was entertained. As for actual content…moreIt was alright. I was bored and looking for a book. I found the book, picked it up, read it, and found that I was entertained. As for actual content there were quite a few flaws, but it was actually better than what I expected.(less)

Giselle
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, arc
Every single thing about this book annoyed me. It's not a terrible book in theory: the premise is interesting and it has a strong heroine, but its execution left me so incredibly irritated.

Rush starts with a bang when we're immediately lifted into a whirlwind of a plot, one that screams originality and awesomeness up ahead. It was for sure original; awesome, however, it is not. Let's begin with Jackson, and how his character was used in this book. When Miki is pulled into this strange "game" wh
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Maybe someone who struggled with Ready Player One and wouldn't mind extra romance?
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read w/Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
I learned something new today.

It is possible to like a book because it's unbelievable.

However, it is also possible to dislike the exact same book because it's unbelievable.

Miki was having a bad day when a car crash resulted in her waking up inside of a game where she was stuck killing aliens in order to get back to her life before. Well, as long she could keep her bracelet from turning red, that is. Avoid those alien attacks kids, or your day might just go from bad to worse!

The concept of Rush i
Jaime Arkin
4.5 big bright stars and I'm sitting here shaking my fist at you Eve Silver!!

photo AmypoehlergifpagespeedcedTFun0Oq3k_zpsd48f0d03.gif

Let me get that half star reduction out of the way. There is a giant cliffie at the end of this book, so if that's not your thing... well, I warned you.

OH MY GOD THIS STORY!! I absolutely loved it and I wasn't sure I would.

Miki Jones is suddenly pulled from her real life into what seems to be a real life video game. She and a team of 4 others are sent into a world where she has to eliminate an alien life form called t
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
On the surface, Rush has everything going for it: a great cover, an excellent idea, a promising beginning and a pretty decent pacing. These are all things that stay true until the end. But along the line, other things crawl in between them – things like love triangles (rectangles, really), best friend drama etc. and they ruin the fun just a little bit.

However, that’s not to say I didn’t enjoy Rush – it is perhaps one of the most appropriately titled books I’ve ever read. Everything but the middl
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Thank you HarperTeen for sending me the copy. No compensation was given of taken to alter this review.

What drew me into reading this novel would have to be the synopsis. We start of with a bang, literally. Miki Jones is sitting down with her friends when she observes a deaf little girl walking on the street- unaware of an incoming truck. With the urging voice whispering in her head, she runs after the girl, saving her. However, Miki got unlucky, as she got
Debby

I don't even really know where to start. Maybe just with this: you know it's a bad sign when you're reading a book and rolling your eyes every other page. The overall reading experience of Rush was one filled with annoyance. And while the concept may have still delivered to a certain extent, I cannot honestly say that I enjoyed reading this book. Let's look at the reasons why.

1. I hated the main character.

Let me start here, with the main character Miki. I hate her. It isn't that she's a
Faye, la Patata
Read this and my other reviews at The Social Potato!

A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review. This did not influence my thoughts in any way.

Damn, I really don't know what to make of Rush. I have to admit that the blurb and cover made me a tad bit excited; I anticipated this book for months. Before reading, I got The Hunger Games vibes from it, but after I finished the book, I can safely conclude it has more of a Divergent feel than anything else, with its fast-paced and action-pack
Angela
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow... Mmmm I'll more than likely have bruises on my legs tomorrow because I kicked my coffee table while I was frantically fangirling over that ending!

I just finished Rush about ten minutes ago and I'm surprised I can even form sentences or thoughts right now.

I ordered Rush in a huge summer book haul and it's been sitting on my bookshelf for weeks now... Mainly because I had no idea what this book was about it was just recommended to me because I'm massively obsessed with aliens! Like crazy ob
Taylor Knight
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in 2013 when it first came out and I liked it when but I had some problems with the characters. I've been thinking about Rush a lot lately so I decided to reread it. I thought my opinions on this book would have changed in the last two years but surprisingly, they've stayed pretty much the exact same.

Rush is super fast paced in the first 100 pages. I really liked how fast Silver jumped into the story. It did slow up in the last 100 pages but it wasn't boring by all means.
I love
Melissa
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really fell in love with this book! It is a fresh of breath air in the YA world!

Miki is one kickass character. Right form the beginning you fall in love, she puts herself before others. And when she wakes up in a different sort of world she has no idea what to do or think. She is completely lost and not in control! When Jackson and Luka start to explain what is about to happen, she thinks they are kidding. But no here she is thrown into the middle of some game where it is life or death!

When th
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

The Game trilogy by Eve Silver is the perfect type to binge read. We are given a fascinating concept, a fast and perfectly paced plot, a swoony new book boyfriend, and a romance that made my heart race. I didn't really know what to expect going into this series - except that it's completely triangle free - but Eve Silver definitely has a new fan. I read these books so quickly, dying to know what would happen next and to spend more time with Miki and Jackson.

Read my full series review
Bookish Penguin
I totally recommend to read this if you like action, video games, strong characters, an entertaining plot, good writing, love and if you easily want to read 400 pages in 3 days like I did :D
But me personally won't compare it to other books cause this would make my rating worse. It's pretty good for the genre it belongs in. And that's a thing, isn't it? :)
Breanne
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
If you are a fan of The Maze Runner or Enders Game, you'll like this book.
It was pretty freaking amazing. The whole story from beginning to end was just amazingly captivating and its really fast paced so you're never really bored.
This didn't take me long at all to read so if your looking for a new series and just something really fast, this is for you.
I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it so I wont go into specifics. It was just really good. The characters develop nicely and it
~Tina~
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it

What a rush!!

Well now, how do I go about explaining the crazy-awesomeness that is this book?
Rush is a such a bold, inventive, exciting story. The moment I read the first chapter I knew that this isn't like my usual reads. In fact, this was probably one of the most unique books I ever had the pleasure of experiencing, it's completely refreshing. There is a lot going on here plot wise and I'd be lying if I said I understood everything in complete details, but I did get the overall genera
Monica
Oct 27, 2014 rated it liked it
This review was originally published on Avid Reviews: http://www.avidfantasyreviews.wordpre...

Rush is the first novel in the The Game series by Eve Silver. This science fiction and dystopian hybrid has the pacing of thriller and all the plot elements of a story that is strictly young adult. Though it is lacking in the character development and complexity that defines a well-written adult speculative fiction story, it is the perfect book for fans of YA who are looking to read an action packed nov
Lovetoread
ZOMGGGGGGGGG. THIS.WAS.SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..GOOOD .I just...I'm speechless and I wanna laugh and cry because that ending was just brutal and mean.AND HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO MY POOR HEART.....I can't...
My first reaction was:

and then it slowly switched to this:

Okay no but seriously I really did enjoy it. I absolutely devoured this book.I've neve
Jazmen
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thanks to YA Bound Book Tours and Eve Silver for this review copy!

Nothing like I expected, everything that I needed, Rush was a fantastic read. With an original and action packed plot line, Rush will give readers a thrill.

I never read the synopsis fully for this novel but still some part of it called to me, so when I got the opportunity to review this novel--I took it willingly.

When I think of aliens in books I usually feel sort of put off from reading about them but Silver completely convinced
rin 눈_눈 WATCH GOOD OMENS
WHAT THE FUCK

sorry, no time for comments on this book, need the second right now

p.s. cliffhangers suck
p.p.s. the plot is truly awesome. it's interesting and keeps you reading even if you don't feel like reading at all
p.p.p.s. I really liked Miki. she's amazing. she's cool, she's kick-ass, she's control freak (I feel you, Miki!!111) and she's clever (and she gets some points from me for reading Bleach :D)
p.p.p.p.s that twist with Jackson was predictable tbh
p.p.p.p.p.s also, I've got mixed fee
Annie
This would have been enjoyable, if not for Jackson, the most arrogant, creepy, awful love interest I've read about in a long time. Miki should have run away screaming, not come back for more. Ugh. Is a healthy relationship in YA too much to ask for?

Review to come.

Pre-review:You just lost The Game.

Yes, the series title made me lose. Yes, I had to go there and announce it.
Tamara
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
All this book needs is better written characters throughout the middle of the book because at the beginning and at the end of the book, the characters were fierce and lovable. The middle was shaky.
Rashika (is tired)
After I requested this book it took me a while to get around to it because I was kind of nervous about the whole ‘game’ concept. I am not a gamer so I wasn’t sure whether I would be able to enjoy this book or not but because of my obsession with the sci fic genre I finally picked it up (that and I kind of had to review this).

But because I couldn’t overcome some of my minor problems with the book, I ended up not enjoying huge chunks of it.

I am glad however that the ‘game’ part of the book was epi
usagi ☆ミ
Okay. So, this is a review I really didn't want to write because of the fact that I absolutely LOVED the concept behind it, but the execution of it was just...not awesome. It was extremely confusing to say the least, and it just made me really sad because fighting aliens, time travel, and questionable existences? All of that is awesome, as was the development of most of the technical elements. Most of them. I wish I could recommend "Rush", but the ARC I read? It needed at least two more drafts t ...more
Kayla
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
Rebekah
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Original review found http://beawesomebeabooknut.blogspot.com/

Holy MOLEY! FREAKING LOVED this book, gave it a WHOPPING 5 bight gold stars on Goodreads and I will own this book!
Rush is just as the title implies – a rush. From page one to the last, Eve Silver yanks her readers to a world that’s both real and science fiction. I was HOOKED from the first chapter and I can't rave enough about how much I LOVED this book! I threw the book across the room because of the RUDE cliff hanger at the end and
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Wow, just wow. This book blew me away with its originality and creativeness. Honestly, I am not a gamer by any means and while I didn't want to be in the game because, yeah, who would? I did want to be in the world that Silver created because lets face it, it was pretty darn cool. Okay, maybe not the alien fighting for your life bit, but the other parts to it? The friendship, the exploring the world and getting to kick some serious alien butt and show off your super ninja skills? Yeah that was p ...more
Isamlq
Mar 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-galley
damned cliffy and it took so long too before i was hooked. i was likening the start of Rush to getting slapped (or at least what i think getting slapped feels like as i've not actually been, you know, slapped. the point is there was next to no heads up on the why/where/how... or even what was going on. I was just as turned around as Miki. Plus I was feeling the frustration with all the non-answers she was handed. Then the game-speak? I get why she was not taking anything seriously; I sure wasn't ...more
Janna
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Rush is a great book to read in-between. The story itself was interesting, but laced with typical YA-clichés.

I really liked the mystery of the game, but at a certain moment the game was put aside because of a love interest ... which couldn't really spark my interest.
There were also moments where the author contradicted herself (telling someone information about the game is forbidden, but suddenly it's okay to do so in the next chapter) which bothered me.

The ending was great, though. If I had
Dark Faerie Tales
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: Fun action packed story with compelling characters, an interesting plot, and a cool sci-fi setting. A great fit for gamer fans.

Opening Sentence: My head jerks up.

The Review:

Miki has to have a certain amount of control over her life or things will fall apart. Her mother died of lung cancer a few years ago and nothing has ever been the same since. Her father drinks too much and Miki has shut down inside to ward off the pain. After school one
Zachary Flye
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on my blog, Zach's YA Reviews (zachsyareviews.com)

Review:

Protagonist: Miki Jones begins this story still reeling from a terrible tragedy and while her friends want her to return to "normal," she's not sure she can. Over the course of the book she not only get help from friends, new and old, but through a dangerous battle with fierce and terrifying alien creatures. While I could see development in Miki's character and in her confidence, there were still some issues that were lef
Nook books: June 22, 2018 1 2 Jun 23, 2018 07:14PM
Expecto Patronum: Discussion Post | Rush by Eve Silver 4 5 Mar 04, 2018 03:07PM
Nook books: July 29, 2015 1 4 Jul 29, 2016 07:22PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Rush (The Game #1) by Eve Silver - Restarting March 29th 2015 48 82 Mar 01, 2015 09:51PM
Giveaways! 1 11 Aug 31, 2014 07:24AM
this book and Jackson(Spoilers) 4 37 Feb 17, 2014 08:52AM
Shut Up & Read: International Giveaway for a copy of Rush by Eve Silver 1 12 Jul 16, 2013 02:43PM

• Transparent (Transparent, #1)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • Parallel
  • The Ward (The Ward, #1)
  • Revolution 19 (Revolution 19, #1)
  • Arclight (Arclight, #1)
  • Impostor (Variants, #1)
  • Terra (Terrestrials, #1)
  • PODs (PODs, #1)
  • Pulse (Pulse, #1)
  • Half Lives
  • The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1)
  • Dualed (Dualed, #1)
  • One (One Universe, #1)
  • Doomed
  • Linked (Linked #1)
  • The Oathbreaker's Shadow (The Knots Sequence, #1)
  • Blackout (Blackout, #1)
National bestselling author Eve Silver has been praised for her "edgy, steamy, action-packed" books, darkly sexy heroes and take-charge heroines. Her work won the OLA Forest of Reading White Pine Award 2015, was shortlisted for the Monica Hughes Award for Science Fiction and Fantasy 2014, was listed as a 2013 American Bookseller's Association Best Book for Children and a Canadian Children's Book C ...more

The Game (3 books)
  • Push (The Game, #2)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
“Of course. I died today, and now I'm going to fight aliens with a light saber. Maybe after that we can look for mermaids. Or unicorns."

"No," he says. "Just aliens."

Was that the barest hint of humour in his tone?”
8 likes
“What are you doing?"

"Activating it."

"Uh... No you're not." I jerk my hand away. "You're not activating anything until I get some answers."

"Yeah, I am. If I don't activate it, it explodes." He sounds dead serious.

"For real?"

He doesn't answer, and that pisses me off. But I can't be certain it isn't for real, and since I'm fond of having a hand at the end of my arm, I offer my wrist. He finishes running his fingers over the screen.

I change direction and ask, "Would the bracelet really have exploded if you didn't activate it?"

There's a slight pause that makes me think I've surprised him by shifting topics. Good. Better that I have him on his toes than he have me on mine.

"No," he says, and I think the corners of his mouth twitch in the hint if a smile.”
3 likes