Start by marking “Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)” as Want to Read:
Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)

Lover at Last

(Black Dagger Brotherhood #11)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  55,934 Ratings  ·  5,894 Reviews
Grca badge winner
Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to an ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 608 pages
Published March 26th 2013 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about Lover at Last, please sign up.
LeeAnne No, it is a love affair between two men. Read the series in order for sure!!! this book is not the whole story their relationship starts much earlier…moreNo, it is a love affair between two men. Read the series in order for sure!!! this book is not the whole story their relationship starts much earlier in the series. It builds through multiple books. (less)
Crystal Fischer No. Not at all. You would most likely be incredibly confused about the world you're walking into. A world that has been built and established in the…moreNo. Not at all. You would most likely be incredibly confused about the world you're walking into. A world that has been built and established in the previous 10 books.(less)

Mel
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Kudos for doing an m/m story line in a mainstream series.

A big fucking F for execution.

Short version:
Qhuin and Blay got a corny story and played second third fourth fiddle in their own book.

Longer version: (mild spoilers)
Well, where do I begin? This book was a huge disappointment. Granted: I've been invested in Qhuinn and Blay for such a long time that only something close to perfection would have satisfied me fully. But come on! This? With all the build up, with that premise, with all the p
Tekla
Apr 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people with low expectations, newbies in m/m, masochist qhuay shippers,
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS, YO.

I have waited six years to write this review. And in my mind, this was never the kind of review I imagined I'd post.

QHUAY RELATIONSHIP

The thing is that Qhuinn and Blay were pretty much ready to be together many books ago. JRW just kept coming up with plot devices and excuses to keep them apart. And the same happened in this book. They could have gotten together right when Qhuinn begged Blay to have sex with him.

Instead, Blay lied through the whole book about Sa
Lora
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I ♥ Qhuay. Review to come.
Monique
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent… a game changer in the m-m genre and J.R. Ward delivered.

photo 7a626aa8-9690-4487-a237-ad54c6f29b9f.jpg

I love J.R. Ward and this series is mouth wateringly delicious, and like so many others I sit impatiently awaiting each next instalment, running scenarios and pairings through my head, trying to anticipate where she will take us next… and as an m-m reader, I was desperate for her to get this one right…

As usual we not only have the main story, Ms Ward also gives us side-plots, flipping back and forth between them all, leaving th
Lenore
** This review contains some spoilers **

Halle-fuckin'-lujah!!! I've died and gone to heaven!

--------------------

20 March 2013

I waited four years for this book. I discovered the series a little after Lover Avenged (book 7) came out. The Vutch ship had sailed and gloriously sunk, with the BDB world principles and rules uncompromised, with hearts returning to their place in many fans' chests ("What do you mean they're gay for each other! Ew!"), and Vutch shippers left to stew in their own juices.

Bu
Contentment
 photo joy5_zps8d9147a2.jpg
Also...
 photo rainbowvomit1_zps32139238.jpg

Yep, I liked it. The Qhuinn and Blay moments were touching, emotional, fulfilling, and oh yeah, scorching HOT. The first sex scene was so surreal, I thought I was reading fanfic for a second. I had to pause and collect myself. It's really happening!!!

Okay, so it wasn't perfect. There are certainly things wrong with this book (gay men CAN have sex in positions other than doggy style), but the reason I counted down the days to this release - all the things I've pi
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Picking up a new BDB book is like coming back home to old friends. You can’t help but smile at the familiar faces. Like everyone else, I’ve been dying for this book and knew that Ward would be facing her biggest challenge yet. Blay and Qhuinn are the Brotherhood’s most beloved members so she needed to give fans a book that would satisfy the crazy fantasies that readers have been conjuring up in their minds since LOVER ENSHRINED. I thought Ward reached a good balance and excelled with LO
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Finding Yourself Stars

photo mghgf_zpseyf6axrt.gif

Spoilers

First 2014
Reread 4/11/2017

"I'm sorry I've wasted so much time - and if you don't want to be with me, I get it. I'll back off - I'll live with the consequences. But for the love of God, if there's a chance - for whatever reason on your side - revenge, curiosity...hell, even if you'll let me fuck you just once and never, ever again, for the sole reason of driving a stake through my heart? I'll take it. I'll take you...any way I can get you."-Qhuinn

Lover at Last is
Rebekah Weatherspoon
i've never rubbed my face this many times while reading a book. ever. like ever. and ive read some stuff that's made me want to end it all lately. also this was one of the first reviews where i actually considered using gifs, but i'll spare you.

short: this should have been called "There's very little meat in these gym mats." or "There's very little Blay in this paranormal romance which by all rights should be 50% Blay."

long: okay here goes. i did not like this book, at all. i'll tell you the bi
Blacky *Romance Addict*

*full review posted*

*this will be spoilerish*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Qhuinn watched from a vast distance as his own hand reached out and touched Blay’s face, the fingertips running over the five o’clock shadow. “I’m sorry.”
Oh, God, to touch him. To feel the warmth of his skin, to inhale his clean, masculine scent.
“I’m sorry.”

I am a very big fan of the series, and I'm incredibly happy these two guys got their happy end, they really deserved it after all these years <3
That said, this could have been better. No dou
Morgana
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jr-ward-bdb
*swoon* *panting* *drooling* *faints* My heart is still pounding!
 photo tumblr_leklaoTnrz1qg113ho1_500-1.jpg
I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! Zsadist is and will always be my #1...Vishous, Rehvenge and now Xcor have a special place in my heart but Qhuinn/Blay are my favorite couple...The wait was soooooooooo worth it...I want more!
 photo tumblr_m8mijvSY301rd4k03o1_500_large.gif

photo tumblr_lu6f2b1EF21qja1bno1_r1_500.gif

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!
 photo tumblr_inline_mk0rmqUDWa1qep71v.jpg

photo tumblr_lz5m6qCfC01qdtj7ho1_500.gif
 photo tumblr_lcj8grRgbW1qe7q3ko1_400.gif

***********************************************************************
Not a novella but a full length novel...YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! FINALLY!!!!!!!!OMGoddess I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT! Hurry up 2013...the wait
Stacia (the 2010 club)

3 stars? 4 stars? I might be flip-flopping on this rating at least once or twice over the next few days. I actually had an easier time rewarding 4 stars to the previous books because my expectations weren't that high to begin with, and I felt like I'd been given more than what I was expecting. In the case of Lover at Last, I think the bar might have been set too high with all of the anticipation to see this relationship finally happen. I'm tempted to stay at 3 stars just for the mention of Ed Ha
Christy
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5 AT LAST stars!!!

photo 1628e9fb-468d-44dc-a748-eb6b87a80744_zpse03acc17.jpg

It’s no secret that I am a little obsessed with the BDB. Ever since I’ve started reading this series, I’ve been hooked. Although Vishous is my favorite brother, Qhuinn has always been a close second. There is just something about him I love. That being said, I have been SO EXCITED to read Lover At Last. This is the book that got me to start BDB in the first place. It was blowing up my newsfeed and I thought- PNR- m/m? YES! I have to read this series. I really feel its only far
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4+ FINALLY Stars

The story, we have all been waiting for. The book that we were raving about for a whole year and my personal initiation in the M/M genre. (details below)

Ladies and Gentlemen... (or Gentlemale if you part of the glymera)

description

Love. The difference between someone “loving” somebody versus being “in love” was a curb to the Grand Canyon. The head of a pin to the entire Midwest. An exhale to a hurricane.

Qhuinn is really the son of no one.

description

Rejected by his own family, without bloodline and re
Sammy Loves Books
description

I waited over four years and was tortured through four books of angst, just to get a Novella disguised as a Novel. That's right!! And I'm Pissed about it! I am gonna be in the minority with this review. Everyone is swooning over Qhuinn and Blay getting their HEA, but I feel that the Warden robbed, swindled, hoodwinked, and cheated us and Quay out of that HEA. There were so many unrelated stories going on, that I found myself hoping for quality time with "Quay". But what I got was a whole lotta t
Susan
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it

I asked Goodreads readers, fans of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and most especially fans of Qhuay (Qhuinn & Blay) for their thoughts on the book. They were allowed 5 words each. Here's what they had to say:

photo LaLReview1_zpsfbe54547.jpg

********************************************************

*spoiler-free review*

“Because I was, and I remain, utterly and completely and totally…in love with you.”

I am a fan’ish of the BDB series. I’ve liked the books in varying degrees throughout. I’ve also hated and been massivel
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
*Disclaimer*--I have endeavored to make this spoiler-free, but beware anyway.

It’s been a long time coming, but readers of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series finally get to see the culmination of the romantic entanglement between Qhuinn and Blay. While I wouldn’t have called myself Team Qhuay, I had hopes that their love story would be satisfying, and I can gladly say that it was! I am very much in love with this series, and each year, I look forward to reuniting with the Brothers and their love
Lady Allison
"Even if he got shanked, even if his precious little ego and his dumb-ass little heart got shattered into a million pieces, it was time to stop the bullshit.

It was time to be a male.

As Blay started to straighten, like a message had been received, Qhuinn thought, That's right, buddy.

Our future has come." -Lover Reborn

♥♥♥♥♥

BRING ON THE QHUAY LOVIN', WARDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SO ready.

♥♥♥♥♥

OMG, IT'S PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those eyes! That title! Why isn't this in my hands right now?!

FROM THE
P
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it

I'd been waiting this book since I started reading Dark Lover. Qhuinn and Blay are my main ship, I shipped them so hard even when I gave up on them. I just wanted to shake Qhuinn and knocked some sense into him. I pitited Blay for loving his best friend, and I thought that they being together were impossible, Is it plausible for them to see each other in the same light and know that
Sophia Triad
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Qhuinn and Blaylock

You need to be patient with me because this is my favorite book from BDB (and I have to admit that it has the most suitable title), so I have included many many quotes in this review and many many spoilers.

While Layla and Saxton were playing the role of third wheel, Qhuinn and Blay were trying to grow up and come in terms with their true feelings . Mostly Quinn actually. Because Blay knew that he is in love with Quinn since they hang out at Blay’s parents’ house, playing Xbox,
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
~ ~ ~

***Winner Goodreads Best Romance 2013 - 24,333 votes

Freaking Fantastic Win for Male/Male Romance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Male/Male Romance in the Mainstream...at Last

Well, I'm a happy, puddly, messy romantic sap. That's all there is to it. This book was everything that I asked for and even a little more.

--Was there a lot of fan pandering? (view spoiler). I don't even mind a little bit.
--Were there a few easy paths taken? (view spoiler) I just breezed
Lisa Jayne
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FIVE AT LAST STARS.

description

April 28th 2013 was the date I started my brotherhood journey and here I am three months down the line and finally up to date with the black dagger brotherhood series and what a journey it has been. I've said this before but it has to be said again I never thought I would be so caught up in a series about vampire warriors and their love, pain, war and lives. Lover
Leigh
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
♥♥♥ QHUINN & BLAY!!! ♥♥♥

Our beloved boys are FINALLY getting their story, and they are getting it the true and proper way...in a full-blown BDB world-building hardback NOVEL!!! Thank you Ward and Penguin for doing right by them and all of us Qhuay loving readers!!!

Roll on March 2013!!!!!!

♥♥♥ LOVER AT LAST!!! ♥♥♥

LOVE the title, and LOVE the cover!!! It's getting closer and closer! Can't frickin' wait!!
Shawna
4 stars – Vampire/Paranormal/Urban Fantasy M/M romance

Thoughts Before Reading

Qhuay, YAY!!!! Qhuay happy dance!! *swoons* Qhuay happy dance!! *faints*

Somebody better have some smelling salts and the crash cart defibrillator paddles ready!!!!
Midgetbee
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: x-2013, a-ipad, mine
One of the things about JR Ward is you can pretty much tell when she likes a character because they're everywhere you look. This can be great when it's a character you like because they'll pop up in books outside of their own, even in scenes that would be better served by someone else because it's obvious Ward just wants to write them. It's also pretty awful when it's one you don't.

*waves at Doc Jane*.

However, on the flip side when Ward doesn't feel a character too much they tend to get lost in
warhawke
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Vamps lover
Genre: MM Paranormal Romance
Type: Book 11 of Black Dagger Brotherhood
POV: Third Person
Rating:

From a young age Qhuinn had been an outcast. Denounced by his own family, all he ever wanted was to belong. Being a fighter for the Brotherhood helped, but a rift with his onced best friend was killing him inside.

After years of pining after his best friend, Blaylock finally moved on. But deep down inside he knew no one else could fill the void in his heart. How could he risk his own heart when Qhuinn h
Lauraadriana
More like 3.5...SIGHS Where do I even start? I'm happy that Qhuinn and Blay FINALLY against all FUCKING odds got their HEA. They finally are together...BUT...WHY IN THE HELL did I have to read 400 pages of boring, bullshit tangents...WHY? WHY? Why is JR Ward, suffocationg her main storylines with so much side bullshit on other couples that we will be happy to read about when their own time comes?!?! I don't need to know about Assail (the fucking cokehead douchebag) and fucking Sonia (whatever he ...more
DayDreamer
~~
No one got forever. And it was a fucking crime to waste what you were given.
Lover Reborn

The book isn't perfect (flawless books don't exist) or even close to it, but my expectations were satisfied. Rated on its merit, it would be 4 stars. BUT as it makes a major breaktrough in mainstream fiction, and that is a BIG DEAL, my rating will be 5 stars.
Also:
*I've been waiting for this since LM.
*It got me into m/m, for which it deserves another star.

That doesn't say I'm happy with all of it. The (too)
Camilla
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
(Continued from earlier book)

01.04.12

Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay! Qhuay!

Can you say: About. Fucking. Time.

Team Qhuay, all the way, baby!! <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------

March 2013:

I’m writing this minutes after finishing – which is the way I like to do reviews, because then all my original thoughts and emotions go into the review, and also why I don’t know how this ’
Kelly
Apr 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, series, m-m
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I was disappointed by this book. There were too many sub-plots and characters and not enough of Quinn and Blay. I skimmed through a lot of it.

I do applaud Ms. Ward for writing a m/m romance. I wasn't sure if she would ever go there in fear of losing her core audience. I've read my fair share of m/m sex scenes, and it was obvious that this was her first attempt at writing them. They seemed akward and were lacking the passion that can be found in her m/f scenes.

• Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)
  • Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • Thomas's Choice (Scanguards Vampires, #8)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
“You've always had me ... and my heart. My soul. Everything. I wish it hadn't taken this long for me to man up.” 224 likes
“You are perfect the way you are." Blay's voice was strong. "There is nothing wrong with who and what you have always been. I'm proud of you. And I love you. Now ... and always."
Qhuinn's vision got wavy. Hard-core.
"I'm proud of you. And I love you," Blay repeated. "Always. Forget about your old family ... you have me now. I am your family.”
155 likes