Start by marking “L'attacco dei giganti n. 1” as Want to Read:
L'attacco dei giganti n. 1

L'attacco dei giganti n. 1 (Attack on Titan #1)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  86,935 Ratings  ·  1,677 Reviews
Un gigante che compare dal nulla distruggendo le mura della città. Quel giorno, l’umanità ricordò il terrore di essere controllati da loro... l’umiliazione di vivere come uccelli in gabbia. Tutto accadde 107 anni fa. L’intero genere umano... tranne pochi… fu divorato dai giganti. Tutta quella gente finì direttamente nello stomaco di quegli esseri. Fu così che i nostri ante ...more
Published March 22nd 2012 by Planet Manga (first published March 17th 2010)

Raeleen Lemay
WHOA. LOTS OF STUFF. I just watched the first few episodes of the anime recently, and this volume had so much action all packed into it! (around 6 or 7 episodes' worth).

I think I'm going to take my time reading these, as I really enjoy being surprised by the show.
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
Honestly speaking?

I didn't think I'd love this manga SO MUCH

I dived in because I wanted to watch the anime, but felt the need to read it first... Then it just blew me away. I loved everything about this manga... the rawness, the gore... the action...the mystery... omg am just in awe and am eager continue it~~!!!

I havent had a manga hold my attention for a while to such an extent (apart from usual obsession of those I keep up with xD)

Ah~!!
Shannon (formerly The Holy Terror)
2nd reading: You know what, I liked this a little bit more after reading it again. It's possible that the crap I read before this made this seem better overall ... but, meh. Not bad.

~

Original review:
I don't know man ... I finished this and started on the second volume and I feel like this might be one of those instances where I just don't get the hype. I also don't understand how this is already up to 11 volumes when (some spoilers for volume 2 as well) (view spoiler)
Jan Philipzig
Trash That Works

Formulaic? Crude? Amateurish? Appalling? Yes, definitely, all of the above. Make no mistake, this series falls squarely into the trash category. Not tongue-in-cheek-I-am-actually-so-above-this pseudo trash, but just plain trash. I mean, this guy tries hard but simply isn't the most gifted of artists. And yet - somehow - he has been able to capture the imagination of millions around the world with this story centered around an eerie mystery: Who are those "titans" that have nearly
Magdalen
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This is my second time reading the entire series 'cause season 2 is coming to an end and the waiting for new chapters has become unbearable.
Although i know exactly what happens next I can't help the shivers and the tearing up especially when I see characters whom I love and are no longer alive. (view spoiler)
The artwork is amazing and the plot is phenomenal I mean could I ever say something bad about shingeki? Hell no.
The cliffhanger in the end
Mario
I didn't think that this would be as good as anime (because anime is bloody fantastic), but it was. I loved the art style, characters and above all amazing and brutal story.

My first manga, but it definitely won't be my last.
Sam Quixote
Dec 08, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In the future overly simplistic stories exploring the Japanese xenophobic mindset will bore you with their complete lack of imagination! The evil Titans (or, “foreigners”) threaten the tiny human population (or, “Japanese”) by eating them (or, “consuming their culture”). The humans live in medieval-type castle structures with multiple layers of walls that don’t work to attempt to protect themselves from the Titans who want to eat them for some reason.

Our hero is the perpetually constipated Some
Lottie Eve
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!
I have always felt that the giants in fiction today are starting to become bumbling, stupid fools that just happen to be oversized and love destroying things, stripped of the fear they held around them a long time ago. So whenever I see this wildly popular manga series online or in the bookstore, I think nothing of it and pass by it. That is, until the anime adaption started airing this year and I saw the opening. And that opening was just so glorious that I just had to at least try ou
Ivan
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is very hyped but so far I'm unimpressed. I really hope it gets better because volume 1 was just ok-ish.
Brad
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I'm finally using my three-dimensional gear to jump on this bandwagon, at long last, and what a wild ride it is!

After what seems a slow start but still an interesting world-build, the emotional impact is still severe and bone-crunchingly immediate. There's usually never a warning before someone you love dies, but it's doubly so here.

The manga has a very serious tone and it wears its heart on its sleeve.

The ending of this volume is very strong, but honestly, I am not entirely certain I like t
Sesana
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian, comics
There's a lot of hype surrounding Attack on Titan, though a lot of that is for the anime version. I've never seen it, and after reading the first volume of the manga, I don't know if I'll bother.

Attack on Titan is based on a solid premise: a century ago, man-eating giants, called titans, suddenly appeared and attacked humanity en masse. Now, the remaining survivors live inside high, thick walls, and have generally given up on defeating the titans. So far, so good. And what the manga does best i
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

There is a wild fire inside you
Burning desire you can't extinguish
Your crimson arrow
Rips through the twilight
This is the moment for war!”

I am obsessed. Please send help.
Jennymort ☆The Dark Lord, House of Slytheread★

description
Y'all know I love me some Attack on Titan. I just couldn't help myself.

description
Don't look at me like that.

One thing I really like about this book was that it pretty much was in line with the show. (I saw the show before reading this.) So that could be why I read this so fast. Might have skipped a bit.

#sorrynotsorry
description

This first book was the only one that was free, so I think I will just wait till I have the fucking Colossal Edition before I read more. Cause DAYUMN . Look at those fuckers. They HUGGGGE!

A
Rob
Story
I knew I'd enjoy the story coming into it, because I watched this anime already. I decided to check out the manga because the series ended in a terrible place and there is currently no plans for another series/second season.

There wasn't really anything I didn't know from this book. The first two stories or line up with the first few episodes of the show. The manga skips over most/all of the training however. I'm not sure if the people who did the show added all that in to give the charact
Mizuki
I had heard a lot of good things about this series, I also agree that the concepts are refreshing and exciting. I even read *part* of the first few volumes.

But I just don't think this series has successfully held my interest. I read one volume...then... I stopped.

So it's one of those Read only when it's for free books.
Hassan
BEST. MANGA. EVER.
if you're hesitant to pick this up because you think the anime is better, don't be, this is as good as the anime.

I LOVE THE HECK OUTTA OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elena
Apr 03, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm currently OBSESSED with the Anime and I NEED to get my hands on this!
Kristijan
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nije loše za početak - intrigantna distopijska priča, dobra grafika, interesantni likovi.
Na nekim mestima je pomalo zbrzana radnja, ali sve u svemu jedva čekam nastavak :D
Foad
Berfin Basak
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Manga animesi kadar güzel gelmedi. Aksiyon sahnelerini izlemek okumaktan daha keyifli. Yine de izlerken spoiler yememek için animenin önüne geçene kadar okuyacağım. .d.d
Chantal
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Io lo amo troppo!
Yasiru (reviews will soon be removed and linked to blog)
Below is my original review, but having caught up I wanted to add that I finally realised why I was drawn to this in such an apprehensive way- it's because the series taps directly into the Evangelion centres of the brain. That may not make much sense if you haven't seen Neon Genesis Evangelion (something of a badge of honour and a trope/trauma codifier series when it comes to subconscious-tapping secrets being uncovered in the course of a desperate struggle against a powerful but to initial app ...more
David Schaafsma
Since one of the Goodreads Graphic Novel nominees this year was Attack on Titan, Vol. 16 (I think), I thought I would check this out. Fans of this, does it get better, because I would have to say it is not worth my time. A post-apocalyptic story about the remaining human race, confined to a walled area for a century to protect itself from Titans that once devastated the planet. 50 meter walls that the Titans cannot reach, but there's a larger one out there, and folks are going to have to do some ...more
Nərmin
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: action shounen manga fans
First volume review
So, the idea wasn't interesting for me first, but when I gave it a go, I got invested in the story. Now I am wondering that why and from where did the titans come and if only a bunch of people remains.
I have seen first episodes of anime and I quite liked calm and clever Armin. Eren shouts a lot and have impulsive and impatient character but I liked his determination and courage. Mikasa has no emotion in her face though she is more rational than Eren. I liked her too.
The art
Amber Hetchler (アンバーちゃん)
Revising my review because originally I was saying how Attack on Titan wasn't that special and it was boring and blah blah blah

Obviously I was having issues that day or something, because it's freaking amazing.
Annie
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was sooo good! I knew I would enjoy it but HOLY SHIT!!
Nicole
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2017
RTC. Might drop my rating to 2 stars.
Veronica Morfi
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not a huge fan of the art, but this story is so compelling and cruel. I think they will run out of people to kill very soon...
Sercan Vatansever
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
manga okumaya death note'la başlangıç yapmıştım ve hiç sevmemiştim. buysa mangalara karşı death note'un oluşturduğu yargıyı yıktı. kitapçıda çalışıyorum ve ikide bir müşteri girdiğinden kitap okumak gibi bir olayım olamıyor, ayaküstü bir şeyler okuyabilecek olmanın verdiği bir sevinçle beraber gaza gelip beğenmiş de olabilirim jfljk bilemiyorum ama kesinlikle çok hoşuma gitti.
Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)
How the Hell am I giving this a meager 2 stars when I love the Anime to pieces? Because the Anime is a lot better

The storyline is (obviously) the same, but when it did not bother me at all in the anime, the almost too simplistic nature of the plot and situations got to me here.

Technically, it still centres around Eren, Mikasa (his adopted sister) and Armin (their friend) throughout their journey to become a Recon Corp member and kill Titans. But where I wordlessly nodded my head and watched the
  • Bakuman, Volume 3: Debüt und Ungeduld
  • ノラガミ 8 [Noragami 8] (Noragami: Stray God, #8)
  • DRRR!! Durarara!! 1 (Durarara!! Manga, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 20 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #20)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 2 [Tokyo Guru 2] (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • Knights of Sidonia 1 (Knights of Sidonia #1)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 2 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #2)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 12 (Black Butler, #12)
  • Claymore, Vol. 12: The Souls of the Fallen (Claymore, #12)
  • No. 6: The Manga, Volume 04 (No. 6: The Manga, #4)
  • 黒子のバスケ 16 [Kuroko no Basuke 16] (Kuroko's Basketball, #16)
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 5
Japanese name: 諫山創

Hajime Isayama (諫山 創 Isayama Hajime, born 1986) is a Japanese manga artist from Ōyama, Ōita. His first and currently ongoing serial, Attack on Titan, has sold over 22 million copies as of July 2013. He has mentioned Tsutomu Nihei, Ryōji Minagawa, Kentaro Miura, Hideki Arai and Tōru Mitsumine as artists he respects, but stated that the manga that had the biggest influence on him
More about Hajime Isayama...

Attack on Titan (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 (Attack on Titan, #2)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 3 (Attack on Titan, #3)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 4 (Attack on Titan, #4)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 5 (Attack on Titan, #5)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 6 (Attack on Titan, #6)
  • 進撃の巨人 7 [Shingeki no Kyojin 7] (Attack on Titan, #7)
  • 進撃の巨人 8 [Shingeki no Kyojin 8] (Attack on Titan, #8)
  • 進撃の巨人 9 [Shingeki no Kyojin 9] (Attack on Titan, #9)
  • 進撃の巨人 10 [Shingeki no Kyojin 10] (Attack on Titan, #10)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 11 (Attack on Titan, #11)

“On that day, mankind received a grim reminder. We lived in fear of the Titans and were disgraced to live in these cages we called walls.” 141 likes
“Channel the anger swelling inside you
Fighting the boundary 'till you break through
Deep in your soul there's no hesitation
So make yourself the one they all fear

There is a wild fire inside you
Burning desire you can't extinguish
Your crimson arrow
Rips through the twilight
This is the moment for war!”
38 likes