Start by marking “Almost Summer (Fool's Gold, #6.2)” as Want to Read:
Almost Summer (Fool's Gold, #6.2)

Almost Summer

(Fool's Gold #6.2)

Ever since she was young, Paige McLean has longed to see the world. Still, she never imagined the world would land on her doorstep in the form of a charming British surgeon who needs a place to stay when his plans fall through.

After a devastating loss, Alistair Woodbury has vowed to live his life alone. But in all his travels, he hasn't encountered a town as welcoming as F
Published May 1st 2012 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about Almost Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost Summer

Janga
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dr. Alistair Woodbury has arrived in Fool’s Gold for a visit with his friend and colleague, Dr. Simon Bradley (Only Yours, September 2011). Unfortunately, one of Alistair’s vaccinations didn’t take, and he’s infected with measles, thanks to an outbreak among the children in the Southeast Asian village he’s just left. Simon may be a good friend, but since his wife Montana is seven months pregnant, he’s not about to risk her exposure to the disease. Alistair will have to find somewhere else to sta ...more
Susan
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet and short (just 49 pages) story about a visiting doctor and the "angel" that nursed him back to health. Alistair had come to Fool's Gold to visit Simon and Montana (Only Yours), but he has come down with the measles and Montana's pregnant so he can't stay with them. Paige offers to take him in and cares for him through his illness.

I really liked both Alistair and Paige. Alistair is a British doctor who travels the world caring for the underprivileged. He lost his wife and daughter in an ac
Dee
Two-haiku review:

He's sick with measles
She takes him in, cares for him
And then falls for him

Love this novella
Fool's Gold but could stand alone
Well done characters
Daphne
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review, adult, romance, series
Almost Summer

This e-book novella is part of Mallery’s Fool’s Gold series. When Alistair’s visit to his friend, Simon, endangers Simon’s wife, Montana’s pregnancy (he has the measles), Paige offers Alistair a place to stay and nurses his back to health.

Paige is still in mourning for her Aunt, who she grew up with after her parent’s deaths. Paige has always wanted to see the world, but feels stuck in Fool’s Gold, so she turns to Alistair, whose stories about travelling all over the world as a sur
Fanny
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was ok

Casi Verano es otra de las novelas cortas dentro de la saga Fool's Gold y tiene a Paige y Alistair como protagonistas.
Asi como la novela anterior me gusto mucho y no me hubiera importado que fuera mas larga, con esta lectura me paso lo contrario, para ser una novela ( menos de 60 paginas ) se me hizo un poco pesada, quizas porque la relacion de Alistair y Paige me parecio muy rapida e irreal, aun asi para pasar el rato no esta del todo mal.

2 Estrellas!
Maryann
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Only thing that could have made this better is if it had been a full length book rather than a novella.
Verity W
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Another nice novella - but another person who I was hoping would get a whole story of his own! This is Alistair, the doctor who is friends with Simon-the-surgeon who we encountered on the phone in a previous book. We already knew that he'd lost a wife and child so I was hoping we'd get a full length story to show him finding love again. But this is still nice and satisfying even if I wish it was longer!
Monique Pearson
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one should have been a full length story. I hope there's more of this couple later. I was hoping to see Simon's friend come into Fool's Gold. But this romance went way too fast. Love both characters too much to rush through their story.
Wild_irish_rose
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Miss Mallery's novella. A good and fun read.
Kathi
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: german-books
Mit Küssen und Nebenwirkungen von Susan Mallery ist eine weitere Kurzgeschichte der Fool's Gold Reihe. Hier geht es um Paige, welche den kranken Alistair bei sich zu Hause aufnimmt, da er nicht bei seinen Freunden Simon und dessen schwangeren Frau wohnen kann. Schnell entwickelt sich eine Liebesbeziehung zwischen ihnen.

Naja, was soll ich sagen. Auf gut 60 Seiten kann man nicht wirklich eine atemberaubende und spannende Geschichte schreiben. Es gibt keine wirkliche Hintergrundgeschichte und alles
Bella Carstairs
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Otra novelita corta que me ventilo de la saga Fool's Gold de Susan Mallery. Ainssssss me encanta!!!!!!!!
Pero qué ñoña estoy...jejejeje
En fin...otro snack literario muy agradable de leer para pasar un ratito light y romanticón.
Un prestigioso cirujano que trabaja recorriendo el mundo y ayudando a los más desfavorecidos. Viudo, perdió a su mujer y a su hija pequeña en un accidente de coche y él ni siquiera estaba en su país cuando sucedió. Desde entonces, se ha sumergido más aún en su trabajo, hast
Hayley
What a beautiful story about two people not particularly looking for love, but finding it accidentally.

This novella is about Paige and Alistair. Paige has always lived in Fool's Gold and has always wanted to travel the world yet always wouldn't leave her Aunt Sophie. Now, she has the chance to yet doesn't make that step.

Alistair has always been a world traveler helping those in need with his surgical/medical knowledge. That is until he becomes very ill with the measles and lands himself in Fool
Darcy
May 02, 2012 rated it liked it
This quick short was fun and just what the Fool's Gold stories are about. I thought their first meeting was funny, but even funnier was Alister thinking that Paige was an angel. The town dropping by with all sorts of food had me laughing. The frank man to man talk between Alister and Simon was something I didn't expect, but thought it was great. The ending was perfect as it fit them both.
Rebecca
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Once again a great love story in Fool's Gold. I only wish it would have been longer. I would like to know these characters better.
Cruth
Author: Susan Mallery
First published: May 2012
Length: 7 chapters
Setting: Contemporary. Smalltown (Fool's Gold).
Sex: Closed Door. Once.
Hero: Surgeon
Heroine: Ditzy Jane of All Trades

A short little novella and my first visit to Fool's Gold. Sweet characters and a light touch. Sex is behind closed doors. A rapid move to HEA.

Nice and easy. The sort of story you'd find in a women's mag.

2.5 stars, rounded up. It's a nice example.

Fool's Gold series:
Book 1 Chasing Perfect - Charity Jones and Josh Golden
B
Maja
(Realistic rating: 4.5 or so for sure! Rounding down just because it's not a fave-fave, not because I feel it's lacking anything in particular.)

A novella that doesn't end in marriage?! Be still, my heart!! Coupled with fun characters, realistic reasons for connection between them, and a solid story arc, and you've got my favorite short from Fool's Gold thus far. (I'm pretty sure Sweeter With You was my favorite when I first read it, so we'll see how it holds up against this!) Paige is adorable,
Maria
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A short story or novella and consequently resolved too fast, it brings Alastair and Paige together with a Fools Gold Festival thrown in and the joys of living in a small town where everyone knows everyone else's business. I'm not sure this story worked for me, both because Alastair is a Viscount and a doctor who travels the world and because I thought Paige deserved more time in the written word.
Jane
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Not gonna read another short story for a while... Sometimes they're wonderful but more often they're mediocre. This one was okay and I liked it well enough but it wasn't anything special. Feel like I should have cared about the characters more but I just didn't.
Srivalli Rekha
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This is another cute story with a very interesting beginning. The hero has measles after all or at least the traces of it. I wish this was a longer story. I would have loved to read more.
Chrissy
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute :)
Constanza Hernández
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Relato corto, donde se "enamoraron muy rápido"...
Y se me hizo muy pesada de leer.
Casey Leigh
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome addition to the Fool's Gold series.
An unexpected meeting becomes more as dreams are realised and fears overcome.
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fool-s-gold
cute novella. no surprises of course. about Simon's friend Alastair
Le Cirque Du Livre -Kya
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Hasta ahora es mi favorito de toda la saga, y eso que es historia corta.
Rita C
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
short and sweet. likable characters.
Nicole
3.5 Stars

Very cute. Super fast read. Characters healed quickly, too.
Orla
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
this was a good story
Rachel
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, romance
This was a very short story, but I felt like I struggled to get through it. i felt like the pacing was a bit off.
Gail
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all of the series, can't go wrong with this series.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 May 23, 2017 07:05PM
  • Fated (Serendipity, #1.5)
  • Cat Snips
  • What He Demands (My Alpha Billionaire, #2)
  • Christmas in Lucky Harbor (Lucky Harbor, #1-2)
  • One Night (Superstars in Love, #2)
  • Hidden Summit (Virgin River, #15)
  • A Man Like Mike
  • Armando Returns (Barboza Brothers, #2)
  • Suddenly Beautiful
  • All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)
  • Just Down the Road (Harmony, #4)
  • Wickedly Charming (Fates #7)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more

Fool's Gold (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2)
  • Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)
  • Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Only His (Fool's Gold, #6)
  • Summer Days (Fool's Gold, #7)
  • Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)
  • All Summer Long (Fool's Gold, #9)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
“You don’t look like the librarians I remember,” he told her.

“We’ve changed. There was a whole press release issued about it, but we didn’t get much media coverage.”
7 likes