Start by marking “Fire and Ice (Storm of Arranon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fire and Ice (Storm of Arranon, #2)

Fire and Ice

(Storm of Arranon #2)

Newly commissioned Interceptor fighter pilot, Erynn Yager, knows sacrifice. Her battle against a brutal alien enemy intent on destroying her two worlds set her on a journey of self-discovery and empowerment, all while struggling to gain control of her secret abilities. With the alien threat crushed, Erynn believes the worst is behind her. She settles in to experience first ...more
Published December 29th 2012 by Rule of Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Fire and Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire and Ice

R.E. Sheahan
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I have learned so much between book one and book two! This second book was equally fun to write and yet is different from the first. As will be the third, fourth and fifth books. I know this because books three and four are already in a rough draft format thanks to NaNoWriMo! And book four is way different!! I love writing.
Sherry Fundin
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story could have ended with Book I, except for Dhoran, the evil leader of Aaranon’s Underworld.

I read this three book series, one after the other. Once I began, I had to know…

As evil plumbs the depths, I am looking for some serious…stuff to happen. Dhoran’s goal was to seduce Erynn to the dark side. He definitely underestimated her.

Her powers and the danger mounts, so does the suspense and my anticipation of what comes next.

Erynn doesn’t seek trouble, but she does what she feels she has to,
Brian
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fire and Ice is the action-packed sequel to R.E. Sheahan's Storm of Arranon. The story picks up right where the first book left off. Right off the bat, Fire and Ice introduces us to an evil presence, Dhoran, who once threatened the planet of Arranon. By inhabiting an unwilling host, Dhoran has returned to once again build up an army and conquer Arranon, an action that could disrupt the balance between Arranon and its sister planet, Korin, threatening all existence on both worlds.

Erynn Yager is b
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author R. E. Sheahan.)
This is book 2 in the ‘Storm of Arranon’ series, and kicks off not long after the end of book 1. **Warning; some unavoidable spoilers for book 1 – ‘Storm of Arranon’**
Erynn Yager is back! But unfortunately for her so is Dhoran, the evil sovereign of Arranon’s underworld, and he’s determined to take Arranon by force.
Dhoran has possessed a human, and is now working on getting Erynn t
Laura Thomas
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m going to do my best to tell you about Fire and Ice, Book Two, without giving any spoilers. You’ve been warned:)

How about I give you a taste of the opening to this awesome sequel!

“A high piercing scream ripped through the icy air and echoed along the dark intersecting tunnels. The shrieking faded and died.”

Right away I’m entranced! Read on.

“Possession was a painful adjustment.

For the one being possessed.

Dhoran smiled. He felt the corners of the host’s lips jerk in a reluctant response.

Resista
OpenBookSociety.com
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Sammy

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

Wow, what an enjoyable read. How the author managed to add so much more to this story is amazing. What a wonderful world, with new exciting areas; a whole new world underground. With new characters and characters from the first book that continue to grow and become even better. The new evil was interesting, with extra depth not always found in the “bad guy”.
Besides the main characters which I enjoyed all of them. Cace was awesome,
Kirsty
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads.

First of all, I must start by saying that you don't need to of read the first book in the series to be able to read and enjoy this one. However, I did find myself regretting not reading the first book beforehand as I found myself wishing to know all the background information. So while you can read this book without reading book one, I wouldn't recommend doing so.

I really enjoyed this book, and can't think of anything negative to say at all. The only
Katie Link
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I just finished this book and am completely blown away by this series. It is extremely impressive that this book is a continuation of the first, but has that new book distinction that enhances the series and captures your attention. Even if the reader did not read the first book, there is still enough understanding to move into complete admiration for the author's creativity.
This book does not deserve spoilers to be handed out,
Faye
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I Loved "Storm of Arranon:Fire and Ice" by R. E. Sheahan. The characters were well developed and life like. The plot picked right up where the first book left off. There is lots of new adventures and plenty of action which kept me on the edge of my seat in excitement. This book left me in anticipation of what is to possibly come of these characters because I feel like we haven't heard the last of some of them. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of science fiction and/o ...more
Nancy
Jul 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Ahhh! I cannot take anymore. This book is so boring. Jael is a jerk and Erynn is frustrating. I am at 75%. At 50 I started debating whether to stop. I decided to try a little more and now I am just skipping pages waiting to get to something good. I am done. DNF
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series, and this book picked up right where the first one left off. I love this, there's nothing worse than picking up the second book in a series and finding yourself lost in the story. Regardless of when you finished the first book, you should be able to clearly remember the characters and the main plot. Everything else falls into place with small reminders here and there, all throughout the book. Of course it ends, leaving me in anticipation for what could be a ...more
Darlene
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sci-fi buffs
Recommended to Darlene by: R. E. Sheahan
I hate to admit how disappointed I was with this sequel to a marvelous first book. The first book had a lot of sci-fi: space travel, discovery of new life-forms, discovery of innate gifts and talents the main character, Erynn Yager. I left that book feeling excited. I felt complete. I didn't know there would be a book two. It felt complete on its own.

Maybe it was me. I had trouble reading due to illness for a while, so I had to read sporadically. But I couldn't get into the book. A lot was assum
Georgiann Hennelly
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Erynn Yager a newly commissioned intercertor pilot knows sacrifice. The battle against a brutal alein enemy intent on destroying her two world's. Sent her on a journey of empowerment and self- discovery. She is still struggling to gain control of her secret abilities. Eryan believes the worst is behind her after the Alein threat is crushed. She settles in to experience first love and a changed life on a hidden military base. Her peaceful existance doesn,t last. Dhoran, the evil sovereign of Arra ...more
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I had the same problems I did with the first book: plenty of details, but not quite in the right places. I was expecting read: hoping for) a climactic end battle between Dhoran and Erynn, and instead, well, let’s just say there wasn’t much drama involved. I can’t help thinking that Sheahan could have done a much better job building suspense; I’m glad the Good Guys win, but I guess I wish they’d had to struggle a bit more. I mean sure, they braved snowstorm after snowstorm, ...more
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Fire and Ice is an adventure packed fantasy book that follows Interceptor fighter pilot Erynn Yager's continuing journey to save two world's, discover more about herself and her growing abilities, and learn more about her new planet.

I enjoyed the character's and their interaction's with one another. As this was a fantasy book, there were many different species that were fascinating to read about. Somehow they all fit well into this story. Samantha Warren mixed adventure, action, fantasy and eve
LyndaVee
This story is the first in a series and sets the scene quite well. Young Erynn Yager is kidnapped from her home planet, Korin, and during the kidnap, crash lands on its sister planet, Arranon. Although she has never been there before, it seems that Erynn is somehow in tune with the living consciousness of Arranon. She is helped to escape her brutal captors by the elements of the planet itself and by its animals. This I found to be a very beautiful, mystical idea and it reminded me of the film, ‘ ...more
Melissa
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

What a ride! This is an action packed story from the beginning to the end with twist and turns. It was so well written that you feel you only read a hundred pages not 400! The author created a great world yet again and I felt part of it. Would recommend this to sci-fi/fantasy lovers.
Terrie Stamey
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Storm of Arranon-Wow!

This story will drag you in and keep you enthralled until the end and wanting more. Just loved the characters and the whole setup in this new harsh world. You get wrapped up in the lives of the heroes and urge them on to win the fight!
Tiffany Villeda
Feb 21, 2013
Mattea McCann
Oct 20, 2018
Donna
rated it did not like it
May 25, 2017
Harmonie
Oct 06, 2016
Melissa Johnson hillis
Oct 06, 2016

• Fabrick (The Fabrick Weavers, #1)
  • Garrett for Hire
  • Being Amber (New Atlanta, #1)
  • Fiona Thorn and the Carapacem Spell
  • Heirs of Prophecy (The Prophecies, #1)
  • To Kiss a Werewolf
  • Dragons of Wendal (Dragons of Wendal, #1)
  • Murphy's Law
  • String Bridge (The Bell Collection)
  • The Mist-Torn Witches (The Mist-Torn Witches #1)
  • Chimera: A Jim Chapel Mission (Jim Chapel, #1)
  • It Takes a Fool: A Tough Lesson Learned on Bullying
  • Necromancing Nim (Necromancing Nim, #1)
  • Sailors of Stonehenge
  • E! Entertainment
  • Hero for Hire (Tales From Beyond the End, #1)
  • Caught on Film: An American Nightmare
  • Dark Curtains
Before I wrote, I read. Voraciously. When I wasn’t able to read, I listened to audio books on tape or CD. Still do.
Hi. My name is Robynn E Sheahan and I live and write from the Cascade Mountains of the Pacific Northwest.

I started to dabble in writing while working as a Paramedic/Firefighter in Northern California. Trust me, it’s not like it appears on TV. There was plenty of time for books.
Id

Storm of Arranon (3 books)
  • Storm of Arranon (Storm of Arranon, #1)
  • Allies and Enemies (Storm of Arranon #3)