Start by marking “Chancing Faith” as Want to Read:
Chancing Faith

Chancing Faith

(From Ghana With Love)

HE DIDN’T DO SHORT TERM RELATIONSHIPS…

American ad exec, Thane Aleksander, doesn’t date co-workers either—until business takes him to Ghana, West Africa, and he meets Naaki. Now he’s at risk of breaking all the rules. Can he stop this headlong fall before it’s too late?

UNTIL HE MET HER!

Naaki Tabika has a burning need to prove, to herself and to others, that she’s more than
Published March 31st 2012 by Black Opal Books (first published March 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Chancing Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chancing Faith

Kiru Taye
Before I start, I have to say I love the book cover. It's absolutely gorgeous. Yep, I'm a big fan of fabulous book covers. Now, on to the review.
After a few weeks of reading intense, passionate and mainly erotic romances, I was yearning to read a less spicy romance, perhaps something more sedate. A cooling sour cream and chive dip alternative to my usual spicy honey mustard, if you catch my drift.

Chancing Faith provided a great palate-cleansing interlude before I pick up something steamier. And
Nooniemom
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story so much! I enjoyed the fact that it took place in a foreign country,Ghana and that the author was Ghanian as well. I always think that when the author lives what she writes about it lends more believability to the story.

I enjoyed how the relationship grew from attraction to love, and not the immediate "jump in the sack" that happens in a lot of IR romances, though I enjoy those as well!

I learned so much about the Ghanian culture that I'm planning a 'Feminine Beads' program a
Nana Prah
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Chancing Faith by Empi Baryeh is a well written, wonderfully touching romance novel. It was both sweet and utterly passionate (spicy). I really got into Thane and Naaki’s relationship and was intrigued by how it developed. I didn't want the book to end, but desperately wanted to see how it ended. My curiosity was simmering about if he was going to stay in Ghana or if she was going to leave the country with him (being a romance book we all know they end up together, it’s the formula, so I’m not r ...more
Emotonal Reads
I loved that this took place in Africa and I learnt some of the culture.

This author did a wonderful job here. The chemistry between the hero and heroine jumped off the page. I could feel the connection they had to each other, though they tried to the fight the attraction at first.

The pacing of the relationship was perfect, it wasn't just wanting to have sex, it was getting to know and love each other with everything they learnt.

This was a sweet ans sensual read. There is no words to describe ho
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
CONTEST: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

Talk about adventures in a new land! Ms. Baryeh took me on an enchanting journey into a foreign country filled to the brim with a rich culture, colorful people, and in this instance, the politics of business. From the minute I stepped off the plane into Ghana with our hero, business mogul, Thane, I was immersed in the detail rich world. The author weaved with the great skill of a writer who's been honing their abilities for years. Seeing as how th
Latasha Martin
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice Read

This was a nice read about Thane and Naaki finding love in one another because Gyamfi was not the man for her with his controlling ways. Thane did good to save MIA and secure a future with Naaki. I can't wait to see what happens next with Ty and Pat.
Tracy
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading a book that takes place in Africa and written by an African (Ghana) author! It was so sweet!
Mia
Feb 28, 2015
Dee
May 03, 2013
Empi Baryeh
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
postcrdprincess
Tewanna
Dec 25, 2012
Ft
Sep 10, 2012
Empi Baryeh is the award-winning author of Most Eligible Bachelor (Book of the year - 2017 Ufere Awards). She writes sweet and sensual African, multicultural and interracial romance, which happens to be her favourite genres of romance to read. Her interest in writing started around the age of thirteen after she stumbled upon a YA story her sister had started and abandoned. The story fascinated her ...more

From Ghana With Love (2 books)
  • Expecting Ty's Baby