Start by marking “Sonora Crossing (Del Shannon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sonora Crossing (Del Shannon, #2)

Sonora Crossing (Del Shannon #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Twists, turns, and white-knuckle action

Investigator Del Shannon’s former lover, Tucson detective Ed Jeski, has been murdered. A kidnapped six-year-old who allegedly possesses the gift of prophetic vision may know something about his death.

After a daring rescue from a violent drug cartel, Del and the girl seek refuge with Jeski’s former partner, Ray Daniels. But Daniels is
Published September 2012 by Midnight Ink

To ask other readers questions about Sonora Crossing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sonora Crossing

Amy Lignor
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a fascinating mystery featuring one of suspense fans’ beloved characters, Del Shannon. Del is a very clever investigator with Desert Sands Covert in Tucson, AZ, which is a company that specializes in finding and recovering missing persons.

After the death of Del’s former lover - police officer, Ed Jeski - Del is more than a little doubtful about taking on a missing persons case. But whether she likes it or not, there is one such case on the horizon.

A Mexican drug lord who’s making deals r
Lori
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
i WAS A LUCKY GOOD READS FIRST READS WINNER OF THIS ADVANCED READER COPY.Of Sonora Crossing. this is a crime mystery book by Darrell James. He continues with his heroine Del Shannon. Del was a former police officer who turned detective. she has just heard the news of the murder of Ed Jaski. a police detective who she had an affair with. About this time she is hired to find a six year old girl who was kidnapped by a drug lord man who is also the girls uncle.Aurea is rumored to have prophetic visi ...more
Theresa Rizzo
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I liked Del Shannon in the debut book, but I really like her in Sonora Crossing. This story shows an interesting enrichment of our protagonist that along with another suspenseful plot, kept this reader turning pages. Also, I enjoyed being introduced to Indigo Children--something I'd never heard of before. I love a story that can both entertain me and teach me something. Well done! Looking forward to the next book in the Del Shannon series.
Michael Mallory
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nonstop action and suspense as tough (but gorgeous and alluring) female skip tracer Del Shannon goes to rescue a very young, mysterious, and possibly psychic, Mexican girl who is in the hands of her dangerously bad drug lord uncle. At the same time she is investigating the possibly scandalous death of an old friend, which may or may not be related. The various plot threads all tie up very satisfactorily at the end, which you will get to quickly, because this book is awfully hard to put down!
Meggin
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-readers
I received this ARC through Goodreads Giveaway. I found this book to be realistic and believable, considering everything that is going on in this world. It was filled with action and suspense. I had a couple of moments when I felt knots in my stomach from all the suspense. The heroin couldn't have been more brave, cunning, and selfless. Her compassion, strength, and couragousness is what made her a great detective. I highly recommend that you read this book.
Michael Charton
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I live in Southern Arizona and happen to know the author. That didn't have any influence on this review. I read Darrell's first book and this one was even better. He hit the nail on the head, with what goes on just across the International Border sixty miles from Downtown Tucson.

Follow crossing into the Mexican state of Sonora, to look for a kidnapped girl and trying to put a major drug smuggler out of business. No more spoilers, just read it.
Dmitri Ragano
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Darrell James' second novel in the Del Shannon series takes us to the Arizona - Mexico border, where a heroine searches for a lost child who gets caught up in the drug trafficking wars and is rumored to have psychic powers.

James' creates some truly great scenes within this book and recreates characters and imagery from the rough, violent border lands with passion and authenticity.
A Hollingdale
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I won this as an advanced reader's copy through goodreads. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and had a hard time putting it down. Del Shannon is an awesome heroine, and it was so refreshing to have a heroine who is not only capable, but smart, strong, and sexy. I definitely would recommend this book to a friend.
Amy
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book felt a bit unpolished from the first one. There seemed to be more cheesy lines and the story wasn't as engaging as the first one (which I loved). Del is an awesome character, but I felt she was underutilized in this one.
Craig Buck
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good, honest read that takes you to the Arizona border and beyond. Darrell James is an author to watch.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Darrell James is a crime-fiction writer who splits his time between Pasadena, CA and Tucson, AZ. His short stories have appeared in numerous mystery magazines such as Hardboiled, Futures Mysterious Anthologies magazine and many others. His stories also appear in book anthologies: LAndmarked For Murder, Politics Noir and Deadly Ink 2007, Scoundrels, and Vengeance edited by Lee Child.
His first nove
More about Darrell James...

Del Shannon (3 books)
  • Nazareth Child (Del Shannon, #1)
  • Purgatory Key (Del Shannon, #3)