Start by marking “Time Lottery” as Want to Read:
Time Lottery

Time Lottery

(Time Lottery #1)

Come experience a lottery unlike any other. The prize is not money, or a new car, or a trip to Bermuda. The prize is utterly priceless: time.
    The annual Time Lottery offers its winners a chance to go back into their pasts and change something--make a different choice.
     Follow the journey of three winners: a surgeon, a socialite, and a homeless man, as they travel ba
Published August 1st 2002 by Promise Press

To ask other readers questions about Time Lottery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Lottery

Lawrence
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
One of the best book I've ever read.
Kristen
Mar 26, 2009 rated it liked it
This was an interesting read. If you could go back in your life knowing what you know now, what would you change? This made me want to live my life so that when I look back I don't have a wish that I had done something differently. I think I've become more assertive when something happens that I don't like. Change it NOW and then I can be happy.

(Can you tell I've just read The Tenant of Widfell Hall? Make the changes in your life that need to be made so you can be happy and at peace. Don't sit
Eleisha Luck
Jul 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book was very hard to put down once I picked it up and started to read it. I loved it and hope that more in the series is written. It talks about finding God in your past and how he is always with you even when you dont see it and that the dessions you make now will affect everything you do in your future.
Honesty Alexander
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
The first half of the book wasn't bad. But after that it got way too religious. I could tell from the beginning that the author was Christian, but this was just too much. When I read a book I don't want to hear about F#CKING god. I don't run around shoving my religion in other people's faces and I expect that they return the favor.
Margaret
Apr 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anybody who enjoys unpredictable Christian fiction.
This book was the first book I read by Nancy Moser. It has an interesting premise for examining life choices and their consequences. Also, how we cross paths with people and the effect they have on us. You can find this book and its sequel at the Cabell County Library.
Colleen Scott
Mar 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I was a little skeptical when I started to read this but it just got better and better. A definite good read for anyone who wonders what they might have done differently.
Robin Sampson
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Throughly enjoyed this even though it's not my genre. Well written, Time travel is probably a hard story to write (but this one is easy to comprehend because it's well written). It certainly made me think about my past and when I would change. And made me even more thankful for God's grace and mercy.
Misa
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of Christian Lit and time travel/second chances
Picked this one up at a library book sale thinking that it was going to be a time travel what-if little sci-fi thing. If I had bothered to open the book rather than just read the summary, I would've known that this was Christian Lit pretty dang quick, at least by the Bible verses that start each chapter. The Christian genre is not a favorite of mine, too often do the moral values and Christian lessons overshadow the plot and characters, but I decided to give this book my 50 page test; However, t ...more
Jane
Jun 17, 2012 added it
Shelves: christian
What if you had a chance to go back in time and relive one decisive moment that changed the course of your life? Now, there is a way: The Time Lottery. The result of 22 years of scientific research, it's finally ready for the public. Three winners of this unique marriage between marketing and time-travel technology ear the chance to travel back into their alternate reality-their Alternity-to relive one moment they've always wished they could change..to revisit that what-if question that plagues ...more
Tasha
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!! I couldn't put it down and didn't stop reading it until the end and picked up the next one. This is essential a time travel book. What if we could go back and take a different path from the one we are on now. Life gives us multiple oppotunities to go a different direction. What if we went to an out of state college instead of staying home with our parents. What if we would have married the guy from high school instead of getting a job and moving on. This book was about 3 people's c ...more
Maria
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I picked this book from the library and didn't realize it was going to be an inspirational Christian book. The title kind of popped up at me. I read the cover and thought I'd give it a try. I soon saw there where a lot of bible passages in the book. I don't go to church nor do a practice any religion. I did however find the book very inspiring! The concept was fascinating and the characters were believable. I learned to love and hate some of the characters. All in all it was a book I could ...more
Elissa
Mar 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Beth, Heather, fans of Christian literature
Shelves: read-2009
I really enjoyed this book. It was a bit different than I had expected - and I like that! I thought it was going to be just a time travel story with a lesson or two learned. I think the author managed to make that idea have a lot more depth. It was an easy, quick read because I was dying to know the outcome! I was rooting for the three Time Lottery winners - plus Mac, as well. I was happy with the ending for each winner. I loved the unexpected connections, but most of all I loved the message tha ...more
April Lyn
Jul 02, 2011 rated it liked it
I picked this up a few months ago from the clearance rack of Family Christian. I've begged off inspirational romance, because it tends to be so unrealistic and contrived, but this book was actually kinda sci-fi.

It's about this corporation who discovers a way to isolate the portion of the brain that stores memories, and then manipulate the brain so that the person, in effect, "time travels" by remembering him or herself back to that period of time, and then living in the remembered state (like a
Evelyn
May 14, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an intriguing read. It ended well and the time travel aspect was explained enough to be believed without getting bogged down scientifically. The characters each seemed to have their own voice as the author transitioned between varying points of view. There was an error or two (word omissions) in the e-book edition but it didn't take away from the story itself. Not sure if that's an issue in the print edition. I would recommend this to anyone who has a choice in their life they've though ...more
Larry
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book enough that I'm reading the follow up "Second Time Around" by the same author.

The best part about this book was the result of my own exploration into what I would do differently if I could go back.

I am a little disappointed in the portrayal of "time travel", seems more like a dream state than an "alternity", but the book still gets 4 stars. Decent characters - real people who have made mistakes (just like me). Interesting story line.
Lynn O
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
science fiction. The three main characters in the story win a lottery that earns them the right to go back in time to any point in their lives and do things differently. Do they change their lives for the better or worse? Are they selfish in their desires, or altruistic? There is a slightly religious bent to this book, but it's helpful to see how faith can encourage people to act in positive ways, both for themselves, and toward others.
Lorna
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Intriguing plot -- 3 different people who win a chance to go back to their past (in an alternate reality)for one week, with the option at the end of the week to come back or to stay. A powerful story of the consequences of our choices and of the wonderful way God works in our lives.
Milissa
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
The plot was interesting. But religion is not my thing. This book was too religious & cheesy for my liking. I like stories about morality...I just don't believe you need religion to live a moral life.

*I didn't know this book was Christian fiction until I started reading it...that info was covered by library stickers...I picked this up solely based on the story synopsis.
Sonya
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable read. Unusual combination of science fiction (time travel) and Christian fiction. I also enjoyed the sequel, "Second Time Around". I will definitely keep an eye out for more books by this author.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This was a really good book about how several lives intersected when they were given the opportunity to go back in time and see what might happen if they chose another path (or made a different decision). I thoughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it!
Milli
Jan 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
I think I enjoyed this book so much because the plot involves a concept I often think about - If I could go back in my life would I change something or not. The writing is alright, not stunning, but the plot was unique.
Lyn Battersby
Jan 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
I love Time Travel stories. I have a strong belief in God. Therefore, I would have thought this book would be ideal for me. Not so. I found the characters wooden and the delivery of their lines superficial to say the least.
Chrissy Mumaw mitchell
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked the flow of the book and it definitely is an interesting concept of time travel. The storyline tied together well and ended up with a Christian ending, although the tones were throughout, was still unexpected.
Amy
Dec 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, kindle
4.5 stars for thought provoking! A quick and easy read that I enjoyed.
Stephanie
May 31, 2009 rated it did not like it
An interesting theory but way to heavy on the religion.
Dawn
Jun 17, 2009 rated it liked it
I think you would like this one Cathy. You like the time travel books.
Yan Zhao
An interesting read on second chances as well as the connections that people have in the past, but do not realize. A well written book with a lot of religious references.
Janet Hamm
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Interesting idea and story, too much 'tell' and not enough 'show' in the writing.
Nov 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
So far I'm liking this book...Not what I expected. There's a lot of do-good, religious messages in here.
Gail Alwan
Could not put this one down!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Oxygen (Oxygen, #1)
  • House of Wolves (An August Adams Adventure, #2)
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • 'Round The Corner (Sister Circle #2)
  • Painted Dresses
  • Double Vision
  • Beneath the Ice (Perry Sachs #2)
  • Necessary Heartbreak: A Novel of Faith and Forgiveness
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Shivering World
  • Dark to Mortal Eyes
  • Sisterchicks Go Brit! (Sisterchicks, #7)
  • Everything's Coming Up Josey (Josey, #1)
  • Be Strong & Curvaceous (All About Us, #3)
  • The Canopy
  • Crystal Lies
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
  • Broken Angel (Caitlyn Brown, #1)
Nancy Moser is the award-winning author of nearly forty inspirational novels and novellas that focus on discovering our unique purpose. Her genres include both contemporary and historical stories. She also writes and illustrates children's books.

Her latest historical novel is "The Shop Keepers", book #3 of the Pattern Artist series about a group of women designing fashion and opening their own sto

Time Lottery (2 books)