Start by marking “Corruption of Blood” as Want to Read:
Corruption of Blood

Corruption of Blood (Butch Karp #6)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  569 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
A prosecutor goes after the truth about JFK’s assassination in a New York Times–bestselling author’s “most enthralling legal thriller to date” (Vincent Bugliosi).

In a forgotten corner of the Georgetown library, New York prosecutor Butch Karp is about to commit a felony. He cracks the seal on a government file, in which he finds papers, a ledger, a reel of film, and a smal
Published December 28th 2010 by Open Road Media Mystery Thriller (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Corruption of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corruption of Blood

Jon
Jan 21, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The next in the series I've been following for the last several months, this one involving a reopening of the investigation of the JFK assassination. I was a little wary that this couldn't possibly work, and despite Herculean efforts by the real writer Michael Gruber, it didn't. The characters were just as engaging as in the other books in the series, and the legal and political difficulties were just as complicated and, as far as I can tell, realistic. And there is an author's note that says th ...more
Macjest
May 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In a word, blah. Poorly written, with too many references to unexplained people and scenes. Part of it, I think, is because this is 6th in the series and I haven't read the others. The two main characters are both lawyers in New York. Butch and Marlene, are characters I just couldn't care for, as they weren't very well fleshed out. One particularly horrific scene that happens to Marlene is dropped at the beginning of the next chapter with a mere mention of the fact that she has moved to D.C. It ...more
Diane Waddington
Read it fast another one done this is one of my favorite series.
Doug King
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plausible. But of course, there are 100 other's.
Chris
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY

Personal note, finished it by barely. Finished but can't even remember how it ended now. I finished it, so a '2'

**************
Could have been so good but no. I couldn't even get through the first 20 pages without being annoyed!!

****************

This novel really didn't do much for me, the cover claims "his most ent
Henri Moreaux
This novel really didn't do much for me, the cover claims "his most enthralling legal thriller to date" and I have to say after reading this I dare not read the early ones if this is the peak of excitement offered by the author.

The story is implausible at best - Butch Karp, a New York Assistant DA, is hired by a newly formed Congressional Committee to find out who assassinated John F Kennedy; from here the story goes down hill, slowly and methodically for 300 pages becoming more and more implaus
Ferne
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you read the first two (2) paragraphs under the entry of "Warren Commission" @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_C..., you'll discover one of the chief concerns about the creation of the investigation into the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy, was that "a commission would ultimately create more controversy than consensus, and those fears proved valid."
Corruption of Blood is a novel of a possible theory and it's even more breathtaking from page-to-page as the star is our de
J.E.
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Attention, fans of Kennedy conspiracy theories: Here's another gripping fictional narrative about who killed JFK and why. Tanenbaum's main character, Butch Karp, like the author himself, is invited to serve on the congressional committee doing yet another investigation into the assassinations of Martin Luther King and John Kennedy. Karp directs the JFK probe. The book contains a wealth of information and an interesting hypothesis. Characters with new information are repeatedly killed off, there ...more
Bill Tiberius Green
Well, sometimes it was a four, sometimes a two. Some parts seemed to drag on; and I didn't feel as connected to the characters as I've liked in the past.
Politics and science and law don't mix well, if at all. That's what this is all about: a follow-up investigation of the assassination of John F. Kennedy; conflict with the pro-Warren Commission politicos; and those with an agenda to cover up what could be the real truth.
Not much to be said here. I love the characters [most of the time]; but as I
Ed
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: legal, thriller, political
#7 in the NYC ADA Butch Karp and Marlene Ciampi series. (BTW, the author's website lists this as entry #7 and Justice Denied (1994) as entry #6.) An exciting roman à clef with Butch Karp brought into a Congressional investigation of the Kennedy assassination.

On being appointed by Congress to reopen an investigation into the Kennedy assassination, lawyer Butch Karp goes all out to find new witnesses. Problem is other people are going all out to kill them, and they have links to the CIA and the Wh
Carolyn
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#7 in the Butch Karp/Marlene Ciampi series by RKT/Michael Gruber, which I'm romping through in order. A nice return to escape literature for me, after a recent heavy dose of history. This one involves Karp's dig into the facts of the JFK assassination. As always, it's a pleasure - familiar characters, with a surprise or two, the excellent writing I've come to expect, and enough plot twists to keep me turning the pages until way past bedtime.
Judy
May 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be a slow uninspired read, especially in the middle. I was glad to see that some of the usual cast of characters were included in this investigation away from NY. It was an interesting take on the JFK assassination. I'm definitely curious to see what's next for Butch and Marlene.
Bnschmid
This was an early Karp/Ciampi novel,and Marene Ciampi didn't kill one person or sick her Vietnamese gangster buddy on anyone,which was a bit of a letdown.Butch Karp was hired to find out who REALLY killed JFK,which he does at the end of course.But it's all so implausible,it kind of made me twitch a little.
Bob
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a suspense novel that has a top NYC DA leaving his job to take on the task of revisiting the investigation of the JFK assassination for a Congressional Committee. Things are not easy and the promised pay is not forth coming as he and his friends who joined him delve into the secrets surrounding the event and the conflicts of the Warren report. Fictional, but a fairly good read.
Cindy
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommend for mystery and history buffs. Provocative evaluation of Kennedy murder, prologue is especially interesting. Some language and sex. I agree Warren Commission is "untrue" with more reason now than before the prologue. ©1995-6 text/2013 audio. Recommend for mystery and history buffs.
Craig
May 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sep 06, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, thriller
Butch Karp gets a job in D.C. investigating JFK's assassination. As expected, he has trouble navigating the politics and makes many people very upset with him. Good airplane reading.
Sandi
Jul 10, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Tanenbaum book.
Sheila
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Will write. Not a fan of Kennedy assassination that was before my teen's.
Vicki Papworth
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: legal-thriller
No. 7 of Butch & Marlene
Rebekkila
Nov 08, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Elly Wendy
3* Enjoyed the entertainment. Funny at times.
Shay Williams
I tend to enjoy the Karp books but I have never been fascinated by the Kennedy assassination.
Chris
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Butch Karp is a old school Hero
Ronald Howell
Did not read wasn't interested in story line. Another Kennedy assassination story.
Jim Meyer
historical fiction...not my favorite genre.
Beth
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
not as good as the rest of the series, I am not a JFK conspiracy fan.
Diane Large
Feb 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Butch and Marlene. It's a very different take of the JFK assassination.
Mailmanr5
Re-investigation of JFK assassination by author who served Warren Commission. Not up to his usual standards but still a pretty good story.
  • Murder One (Ben Kincaid, #10)
  • Inadmissable Evidence
  • Dark Lady
  • Sins of the Flesh (Sins, #2)
  • Hart's War
  • Death of a Colonial (Sir John Fielding, #6)
  • Incriminating Evidence (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #2)
  • Unfit to Practice (Nina Reilly #8)
  • Guilt by Association
  • Man of the Hour
  • Silence (Jack Till, #1)
  • All Our Yesterdays
  • The Mercy Rule (Dismas Hardy, #5)
  • At the Billionaire's Passion (Billionaire Brothers, #6)
  • Broken Jewel
  • The Collected Plays, Vol. 2
  • Now You Die
  • The Deep Six
Robert K. Tanenbaum is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty-five legal thrillers and has an accomplished legal career of his own. Before his first book was published, Tanenbaum had already been the Bureau Chief of the Criminal Courts, had run the Homicide Bureau, and had been in charge of the training program for the legal staff for the New York County District Attorney’s Office. He als ...more
More about Robert K. Tanenbaum...

Butch Karp (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • No Lesser Plea (Butch Karp, #1)
  • Depraved Indifference (Butch Karp, #2)
  • Immoral Certainty (Butch Karp, #3)
  • Reversible Error (Butch Karp, #4)
  • Material Witness (Butch Karp, #5)
  • Justice Denied (Butch Karp, #7)
  • Falsely Accused (Butch Karp, #8)
  • Irresistible Impulse (Butch Karp, #9)
  • Reckless Endangerment (Butch Karp, #10)
  • Act of Revenge (Butch Karp, #11)
“but there it was. Home was prison was home.” 1 likes