Start by marking “El día del Sol negro (XIII #1)” as Want to Read:
El día del Sol negro (XIII #1)

El día del Sol negro (XIII #1)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  204 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Un viejo pescador y su perro descubren a un hombre herido e inconsciente, con un tatuaje del número XIII sobre su hombro. Cuando recobra el conocimiento, el hombre no recuerda nada. Al mismo tiempo, descubre que un grupo de asesinos van a por él. Ahora deberá huir para escapar de sus perseguidores y reencontrarse con su pasado y su nombre.
Published 2006 by Norma Editorial

To ask other readers questions about El día del Sol negro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El día del Sol negro

Algernon
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2014
cover

I was first acquainted with the series in the 1990’s through a shoot-them-out, puzzle solving computer game based on the script by Franco-Belgian comic writer Jean Van Hamme. I even tried a couple of the original hardbacks, but my French was not good enough at the time. I came back to XIII in 2014 when I found out that all 19 issues are finally available in English thanks to Cinebook. I’m glad I was patient, because I noticed the series was published over a period of 24 years, and I don’t think
Rebecca McNutt
Le Jour du Soleil Noir, or "Day of the Black Sun", is a captivating, thrilling and above all else mysterious graphic novel following a complex political conspiracy with high-paced action and an ever-deepening plot.
Fredrik Strömberg
The first volume in one of the most successful French album series ever. A traditional action/mystery story that seems to have borrowed quite a lot from Robert Ludlums The Bourne Identity.

The story in this first album feels very much like a tease. A man is washed ashore with a bullet wound to the head, and when he recovers he seems to have lost all personal memory. Soon he's attacked and hunted by various fractions of what seems to be an international spy network, and in the process he realises
Mayank Agarwal
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel, comics
My review is for the original series that is 1 to 19 volume.

Story of a super spy, the series starts of great with the protagonist (Mr.XIII) having amnesia, reminded me a lot of Jason Bourne. Each volume feels like a Hollywood spy thriller movie, the plot keep getting bigger and more absurd, but that’s how the genre is. It’s a close knit story, the adventures of Mr.XIII trying to find his past and in process saving the world took the author about 25 years to complete, its tremendous achievement t
Aildiin
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bandes-dessinees
The start of one of the most famous modern french-belgium comics.
I read this a long time ago but I am taking advantage of a newly published integrale to re-read everything and catch-up with the story.
Glamdring

Re-read. Previous rating: 4 stars
Ieva.Bars
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great BD - a refreshing way to follow storyline, something between series and a book
Francisco Mouraz
Very promising first tome of the classical comic series by Van Hamme. The drawing is neat and very vintage stylized, which I enjoy. As for the narrative, although I liked it in general, I did not find it particularly original, resembling a bit other series like Ludlum's Bourne (as already pointed out by other reviewer, J.G. Keely). Nevertheless, I liked the pace and the main character so I'll keep on reading to see where this goes.
Athousandliveswithbooks
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-bd
Un couple retrouve le corps d'un homme blessé avec comme tatouage le numéro XIII. L'homme a perdu la mémoire. Deux mois plus tard, il part à la recherche de son identité après que le couple qui l'abritait ont été abattu froidement.

XIII est un homme assez simple mais avec sa perte de mémoire, il ne s'est pas à quoi il sert. Il va essayé de le découvrir sur le tas.

Ce premier tome est vraiment intéressant. Il est rempli de suspense et d'intrigue. Au fur et à mesure des planches, il y a des nouveaux
Julio
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: policial, bd
La historia, al inicio, parecerá conocida. Alguien es encontrado y rescatado de una playa. No recuerda nada, ni siquiera su propio nombre o su historia. Sin embargo, muy pronto se descubre talentos impresionantes. Para su sorpresa, estos talentos están ligados al arte de matar. Les suena a Bourne? Bueno, es posible. Bourne (los absorbentes libros por Robert Ludlum) nace en 1980, con The Bourne Identity. Le Jour du Soleil Noir nace en 1984. Quizá alguna referencia cruzada por ahi.

En todo caso, lu
Hugo
May 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Novela grafica que bebe del hard-boiled y la novela policiaca. XIII se ha comparado con las novelas de Robert Ludlum de Jason Bourne, ya que ambos comparten su entrenamiento especial y que han perdido la memoria. A XIII lo adopta una pareja de ancianos (que lo llaman Alan, igual que su hijo muerto en la guerra) que lo encuentran mal herido a la orilla del mar y lo cuidan ahi, con solo una foto en su bolsillo y una llave de un banco, emprende el camino para buscar su identidad. Pisandole los talo ...more
Inge
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: strips, mysterie
Feather Mista
Dec 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Bornistas, bonderos y comiqueros.
Recommended to Feather by: Fer Bueno.
Un comienzo más bien normalito para una serie absolutamente fantástica, la mejor combinación de guión interesante y dibujo perfeccionista. Cuando lo relea seguro escriba su correspondiente reseña, y cuando pueda subo la edición en castellano (creo que de Norma) que tengo en LP.
Yves
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Voilà une bonne BD remplie d'action et remplie de mystère. Étant donnée qu'elle est basée en partie sur la mémoire dans la peau, je me doute un peu de ce qui s'en vient. Ce n'est pas quelque chose qui me dérange. Les dessins sont vraiment bien. J'ai vraiment le goût de lire la série au complet.
Zoli
Jul 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The comic is quite different from the series, as far as I can tell at this point. But my feeling is it's different in a positive way... I'll definitely continue with this story!
Miguel
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
El comienzo de la historia me recuerda demasiado a el Caso Bourne, veremos como se desarrolla. Por ahora le daré una oportunidad.
Prospero
Nov 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il primo della serie; un fumetto dalla storia intrigante: chi ha assassinato il presidente JFK?
Dony Grayman
Jan 30, 2015 added it
Shelves: saldos, ed-esp
Edición española de Le jour du soleil noir, primer tomo de la saga XIII.
Liam
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cool story, great artwork.
James
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is actually a 3.5 star, a good start to the story of XIII. The art work is good, as well as the pacing. Certainly worth a read if one is getting a little tired of very mainstream comic books.
Hector Puente
May 25, 2014
Thibault2000
Oct 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Jean Van Hamme, is a Belgian novelist and comic book writer. He has written scripts for a number of Belgian/French comic series, including Histoire sans héros, Thorgal, XIII, Blake and Mortimer, Lady S and Largo Winch.

More on the brilliant, Jean Van Hamme:
More about Jean Van Hamme...

XIII (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Là où va l'indien (XIII, #2)
  • Toutes les larmes de l'enfer (XIII #3)
  • SPADS (XIII, #4)
  • Rouge Total (XIII, #5)
  • Le dossier Jason Fly (XIII, #6)
  • La nuit du 3 août (XIII, #7)
  • Treize contre un (XIII, #8)
  • Pour Maria (XIII, #9)
  • El Cascador (XIII, #10)
  • Trois montres d'argent (XIII, #11)