Start by marking “On the Dotted Line” as Want to Read:
On the Dotted Line

On the Dotted Line

3.24  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
When college drop-out Paul LeBlanc first meets pediatrician Dr. Cameron Fraser at the emergency room, he isn't hoping for anything more than good news about his best friends' James and Alison's baby. He's more involved in baby Gabby's life than the average guy his age might be, but there's a good reason for that -- she's his biological daughter, a gift given to his friends ...more
Published March 28th 2012 by Torquere Press (first published March 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about On the Dotted Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Dotted Line

MsMiz (Tina)
Mar 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt-all, kindle-mobi
With friends like this, I would kill myself.
Chris
Mar 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, ebook, 2012
Good m/m romance about a guy who's deep in debt and falling further behind, but none of his friends have any idea; neither does the doctor he starts to date. Something about the writing style felt really awkward to me.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Poor Paul, literally, he has a lot of debt, through no fault of his own and is living hand to mouth.
He meets Cameron and they start a relationship, eventually everything comes to light.
This was a sweet story, a bit of a Cinderfella, but I never really felt the connection between the MC's, although they were both really great guys.
On a side note, I did think Allison might be a bit prone to overreacting, and she would do well to get that under control before her kids become teenagers! LOL
V
Apr 04, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This story does not have angst,action,violence ..it is just a love story that you will enjoy if you don't expects fireworks.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story was so much better than I thought it would be. I don't know why, but the cover led me to believe it would be something short and sweet and, though it was indeed sweet, it was so much more.

Paul was the sperm donor when his best friends, Alison and James, wanted to have a baby and baby Gabby is the child of his heart. He's very wrapped up in her life with them, as they want it to be. When he rushes to the hospital in the middle of the night after a frantic phone call from them, he find
Gabriel
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: just-no, romance
I really wanted to like this story, I truly did.
The premise (poor man in debt meet somewhat wealthy doctor) was kind of thin and has been used far too many times in other forms, but we still like to read them, right?
Our male version of Pretty Woman so to say and we do like to see the white knight come in and save the day and get the prince(ss) in the end.

But, I have to say that On the Dotted Line bored me out of my mind. I actually got 140 or so pages in before I had to just skim the last cou
Tutu
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
For me this is one of those meh books. Not bad, but not very good either.
I kind of see it as a shallow book. It lacks development.
I do admit to liking Paul a bit and I totally believed him being poor. I was actually hungry reading the whole book. This part did make an impact on me.
But his relationship with Cameron, I wasn’t really feeling it…….

And I hated the thing with the million pens. It made no sense. She just threw a quirk out there so she could tie it up with the ending. Annoying!
Becky Condit
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

I picked up Alexa Snow’s ON THE DOTTED LINE based on the blurb, which led me to expect a sweet love story with a couple of complications. I got the complications all right, but not so much sweet.

This actually would have made a good series rather than bundling all of the story into one novella. Ms Snow has great ideas and I look forward to reading more of her work as she matures as a writer.

Please see my complete review http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....
Phaney
May 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

What is it with me and bad books? Okay, this one could have been worse. Much worse, as recent events (*cough* The Desperate Fay King *cough*) showed. Nevertheless it was quite… confusing, due to being badly written, plotted and… Yeah, okay, so it was bad. Ish. No, it was bad.
… I will stop now with this and get into the gritty.

Half the time I had no idea what they were talking about. Inside their dialogue as well as in the narration. Seriously? Maybe I just didn’t get the jokes and re
Valentina Heart
Apr 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt, hearts-on-fire
This review was originally written for Hearts on Fire Reviews and can also be found there.

This was not my first book by Mrs. Snow and while good, it couldn't measure up with some of the others I have read. The writing was decent and the possibilities endless. From the overall setting and the likeability of characters I had expected much more.

Paul is a man in debt who's had financial trouble since his parents had died in an accident. His two best friends, James and Alison, are oblivious to the f
adrienne
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
originally here- http://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.co...

On the Dotted Line centers almost entirely on Paul LeBlanc, a young man who has some obvious inferiority complexes, mainly centered on his financial issues which he is determined to hide from his closest friends. Cameron Fraser is a doctor with whom Paul becomes involved, though he maintains a bit of reserve around Cameron. Because of this emotional distance, the reader doesn’t learn much about Cameron, other than he seems like a generall
Mel Bradley
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Author: Alexa Snow
Publisher: Torquere Press
Word Count: 50,330
Published: 2012

While the convention of this story has been told many times before (wealthy doctor falls in love with a poor retail guy), but the story overall was a decent read. Typical instant attraction in a moment of urgent panic, and then stumbling/fumbling to match up correctly, and end with the secret (being poor) being spilled to a happily ever after.

There was nothing earth shattering about this story – in fact, there were a few
Lily
Apr 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This one was a pleasant read with so much unfulfilled potential... It would have been great to see the romance a bit more developed or at least the ending to be less rushed. What bothered my sometimes too practical brain the most were the so-called best friends of Paul (James and Alison).

I find it very hard to believe they did not notice something was seriously wrong with Paul, considering the readers were explicitly told that he was very thin and wore threadbare clothes. Cameron immediately co
Page Crusherz
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very cute. Exactly what I wanted- a cute, fun, sexy romp. Not super heavy or dark, but very likable characters. I enjoyed reading it, and breezed right through it. I wish the ending was drawn out a bit more...I felt like there could have been a bigger resolution. I wanted to have the other MC's get a bigger "reveal" and I wanted to learn a bit more about the MC's, but the story was great.
MiMi Rae
Jun 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Overall a nice easy read..Paul and Cameron were good individually and ok together. The thing with the pens was alluded to but never explained like the author wanted to have a funny story but couldn't think of one. The end seemed rushed and abrupt with only a couple of HEA paragraphs.
Meggie
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama, romance
This story was really good. I was pulled into Paul troubled life instantly. And truthfully, I couldn't pity him at all. He was really strong as a person. I was happy he hooked up with Cameron, they were great as a couple. The end was really sweet and emotionally satisfying.
Usagi Tsukino
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Valentina
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com
Amanda
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it
2.5 star
Td
Oct 28, 2012 added it
Shelves: dnf, not-for-me
DNF-10%
Jilrene ♥
Sweet and spicy. Fun read.
Sars
Apr 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the storyline, but sections of this book were poorly written and that let an otherwise decent story down. Just a bit too amateurish in places.
Auraya
Mar 28, 2012
Shannon
Dec 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Alexa Snow is an emotional person who appreciates practicality in others. She's prone to crying at inconvenient times, drinking too much coffee, and staying up too late playing with words (either reading or writing.) A background of schooling she wasn't all that interested in resulted in a Bachelor's degree in Sociology and a vague sense of wasted time. Alexa lives in a tiny old house in New Engla ...more
More about Alexa Snow...