Start by marking “Reluctance” as Want to Read:
Reluctance

Reluctance

Twenty-year-old Dahlia hates the life that she is forced to lead. But the time is quickly coming when she must make a decision that will shape the rest of her life. She's set her sights on Jace. He is someone her family will approve of, someone that will finally gain her acceptance among her people. Then Cam comes into her life, making her question what she assumed was her ...more
Published March 26th 2012 by Noble Young Adult

To ask other readers questions about Reluctance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reluctance

Start your review of Reluctance
Sara
This was a cute short read. I really liked Cam. It was sweet how he fell in love with Dahlia for who she truly was and not for how she looked. Did not like Jace for even a moment. This is a good quick read to sneak in between books:)
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://aurorareviews.blogspot.com/201...

There is much more to Dahlia than meets the eye.

Dahlia is more than a little awkward. She’s clumsy, unpopular, and hopelessly out of touch with the current trends. She doesn’t really fit in anywhere, but even worse is the fact that she feels like an outsider in her own family. Her life seems very lonely, but I admire the fact that, for the most part, she does her own thing and lives by her own set of principles.

Dahlia and her family
Vicki
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reluctance is a short book of only 117 pages on NOOK, so it was a quick read. I'd like to say that somehow this book reminds me of the movie 50 First Dates. It's a very sweet, innocent love story of how opposites attract.

The main characters are Dahlia (a vampire or creen) and Cam (a human). Add to that a guy named Jace and the action begins. What I love about this love story is how each character in love is truly selfless in their relationship.

Even though Dahlia is a vampire, her character is
Catie
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reluctance is the first time that author Cindy C. Bennett has ventured into the realm of Vampires and I was pleasantly surprised. I am a big fan of anything written by Cindy and I think she should write more paranormal novels as I think she has a real knack for writing this genre.

Reluctance is a short story but I found myself just as involved in this story as I would be with a full scale novel. I liked the characters and I did not feel rushed in any way while reading this short story. Even
Crystal
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really, really good! Well written. Wish it was full length. Dahlia hates her nature but in spite of it falls in love with Cam who gives her hope to be more than what she believes is the only future her nature leads her to. I know vague but the story is short and so good I don't want to give any of it away with spoilers.
Mindy
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this. It was cute. Just really short. This would be a cute novella series.
Jackie Bobby
Lyn
Jul 10, 2012
Cathy
Jan 13, 2015
Anya (~on a semi-hiatus~)
Apr 27, 2012
Loren Cherne
Apr 04, 2012
Patty
May 06, 2012
Cindy C Bennett was born and raised in beautiful Salt Lake City, growing up in the shadows of the majestic Rocky Mountains. She lives with two daughters, and three dogs. She also has two sons and two daughters-in-law. She volunteers her time working with teen girls between the ages of 12-18, all of whom she finds to be beautiful, fascinating creatures. When she’s not writing, reading or answering ...more